PDA

View Full Version : frame seq. with no "combing"

yair
08-19-2002, 12:50 PM
i have a crummy minidv dource i want to trun into clean tagra frame seq. the only problem is i get the combing artifects from the field interlancing (spelling?).
how can i get rid of this, or in other words
how to switch from dv to "clean" tagra seq. .

im sure AE can do it (with plugin?)

fred
08-19-2002, 09:44 PM
one way would be (assuming that you got photoshop) to copy your photoshop deinterlace filter into your afx plugin folder and use this one, losing half of your vertical resolution or blurring the picture directionally by values of zero degrees and one pixel which will make the picture blurry. if you´re lucky and have tons of plugins there is a field merge option in almost every "film look" plugin, you just have to find it! good luck!

yair
08-20-2002, 03:52 AM
thans i think realviz has a plug like this

moovieboy
08-21-2002, 12:56 AM
A very easy way is to select the footage in the project window and go to File|interpret footage|main (or "command f" on a mac)...

In the "fields and pulldown" section of the popup, choose "upper" or "lower fields" instead of the "no fields" setting. This will effectively de-interlace your video.

Now, whether it's upper or lower depends on how the source footage was brought into the computer... But MiniDV usually seems to be lower field first (I could be wrong). You may have to experiment.

And how do you do that? Preview out a few frames where there's movement. If you see a weird pattern where action seems to keep sliding back on itself, then select the other field option...

Hope that helps! :D

-Tom

yair
08-21-2002, 10:05 AM
tnx guys!

Lynx75
11-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Hi everyones!

my question is:
Ive got an animation in maya and I wish to render as simple frames and no interlace for dvd output.But If I wish to have the same thing for video output where I need the fields interlace,Ive to re-render all the anim and in deadlines this is sooo bad!.
Is any way in after effects or photoshop to automatize the process to merge the frames?

tnx,bye

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.