PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Scott Jonsson

aesir
10-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Scott Jonsson has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

aesir
10-21-2004, 09:43 AM
My first challenge here. Im a bit of a n00b with painting, composition, color theory, and all the basics pretty much since Im more of a 3d guy (game art mainly), so please help me out where you can. One thing I do have going for me though, is A LOT of time.

I've made a few sketches, but a mysterious power outage that only seemed to affect my side of the room (dorm room) erased everything. Yea I forgot to save.... So, I'll make some new better ones.

Heres my idea:

In a future where are all of your needs are catered to with the help of advanced technology, entertainment has progressed to extreme levels. The elites of society are no longer amused by games or stories, instead, it has become popular to entertain themselves through toying with the lives and deaths of others. Entire populations of under developed societies would be forced to fight for the elite's amusement.

My basic plan is to have a view from inside a floating airship looking over the shoulders of the elites, who are watching a bloody battle progress on the ground. The elites will be dressed ornately and perhaps sipping champagne. Im going to try and make the air ship look extremely ornate and made of materials such as wood and metal. I want to steer away from the traditional sterile sci fi look. I have no clue how Im going to arrange colors yet.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.