PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Joshua Letson

Lockwyn
10-21-2004, 07:57 AM
Joshua Letson has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Lockwyn
10-21-2004, 08:16 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4464/4464_1098346558_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4464/4464_1098346558_large.jpg)

Cables and girders burst from the ceiling as another fusion missile slammed into the hull. His Grace paced back and forth along the cold dark bridge of the Judicator Class Battle Cruiser. Pondering as he turned again, and again. Each turn seemed to stir up new fears, like mud from the bottom of a still puddle, after being disturbed by some curious being.
It had been seven hours. Three more hours than expected. Three hours longer than it has ever taken any overdue ship to emerge from warp space. Where was his son?
“My Lord,” said Admiral Teth, as His Honourable Lord took another turn. Shocked by the sudden company, His Grace was taken aback. Never was He caught off guard. Composing Himself and continuing to pace He nodded at Teth to Continue.
“Er…my Lord…there is still no contact.” Teth was struggling to find words. His eloquence had abandoned him as he entered His Lord’s Presence. “It has been three hours my Lord. A Preator class can’t stay in warp space for longer that 3 hours at a time, and we have not picked up any friendly ships entering the area for 7 hours,” said Teth as another missile struck home. His Lordship slowly drew Himself to full height, as if awakening from a dream. “I know,” He replied. The council he had held in his mind finally accepted the truth. His son was dead and with him the only hope of saving the Empire. Without the help of his son there was no way to penetrate the planets shields, and stop those about to summon the end of the galaxy.
His Lordship stopped pacing and turned to face Teth who averted his eyes, unwilling to see the pain his Lord was suffering.
“There is no hope for us now,” His Holy Lord began. “All that is will be gone. All that we are will be forgotten. The consumer is awakening. His consciousness floats just out of our enemies vile reach. While I cannot stop them, I can delay them. To the escape craft, and all aboard with you. NOW,” commanded The Great Lord of Empire.
“B-but…” realizing there was no questioning His orders, Teth cut himself short. Bowing, Teth slowly sank into the shadows of the cold dark bridge.
As his High Lord of the Galaxy placed his hands on the navigation panels, the ship arched and moaned forward. Dipping towards the planet, where the end was about to be born.

Lockwyn
10-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Hmm maybe I should spend more time on the sketch than working out my background story, oh well.

Hey everybody, this is really my first time posting at CGtalk, but I have followed the site for a while. Its a cool place that for sure.

Good luck to all who are entering!

Lockwyn

Lockwyn
10-21-2004, 10:25 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4464/4464_1098354317_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4464/4464_1098354317_large.jpg)

This had better work. Its become a "challenge" just to get the work to submit.

Lockwyn
10-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Had to close down all my anti virus software in order to submit these images. HMMM.

Anyway after trying to submit it 4 times I didnt bother annotating it during the submission, so here goes now.

Basically this is previous image which I have fixed up. This was just to let me see how I dipict space scenes etc. In the previous image I was focusing on character, this time its focusing more on scope.

Still playing about, not sure if prefer having the human element in there or not.

Lockwyn

STARBUCK
10-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Very nice feeling and mood in your lighting.
Keep on working hard and good luck!

Fahrija
10-22-2004, 09:04 AM
I´m also new member and I know exactly what you mean. This forum structure is really a challenge (total confusion). I wish you a lot of success

I like the colors of you first scetch.

Lunatique
10-23-2004, 08:21 AM
I would suggest avoiding putting your main interest smack in the middle. It creates a boring composition, unless you have compelling reasons for doing so.

Ilikesoup
12-03-2004, 07:28 PM
I hope technical problems haven't sidelined you. You've got a nice story going and a very polished image. Hope you can finish.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.