PDA

View Full Version : FPrime 2.0 ???

Bommel
10-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi guys,

does someone know something about a new FPrime version? On the Worleyhomepage are no informations about a new FPrime. Maybe someone here knows more?!?!

Adding: Would be cool if you can post updates which the new version brings with it.

mfg

Phlip

private
10-20-2004, 10:25 PM
I think it's irresponsible for Worley that he has not updated his website, nor issued a patch in nearly 7 months since 1.02. It's weak. Especially when there are pictures of 2.0 in magazine shots from "premium" users.

No doubt he's working on something innovative and cool, but it's quite a slap in the face to everyone that jumped on board with f-prime. Strikes me as cash grab and sit on the beach for a while though.

Castius
10-20-2004, 10:33 PM
sheesh, Give the man a break. Be happy you know he is working on new stuff. Screw the web updates keep working Worley. Can't wait to see what you can make next.

pooby
10-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Private,Dont be preposterous.. When F prime came out it was about 2 weeks waiting time from hearing about it, to it being delivered..
That was fantastic..

They have no responsibility to anyone. You should be jolly grateful for it and be patient till they come up with the next version, which, they tell me , has network rendering, if all goes to plan.

Plus they are working on sasquatch 2.

I hate it when software developers say 'coming soon' then NOTHING for months.. Worley have got it just right.

Panikos
10-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Couldnt agree more !

Worley has passion with his development. He wants to give his best and he likes to work in his freedom and silence.

Patience and trust will be rewarded.

I am chained down
:D

LFGabel
10-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Plus the fact that Worley is helping open up the Lightwave SDK. That's a lot of stuff on Worley's plate, and it might take a while. Worley rarely dissapoints, if ever. So patience is required here.

HarverdGrad
10-21-2004, 12:25 AM
I dig Worley. He doesn't flood us with hype.
I just hope he expands to other 3d Applications. He's quite a talent.
:thumbsup:

retinajoy
10-21-2004, 12:46 AM
I think it's irresponsible for Worley that he has not updated his website, nor issued a patch in nearly 7 months since 1.02. It's weak. Especially when there are pictures of 2.0 in magazine shots from "premium" users.
Actually the screen shots did not say 2.0 but something like 1.13. I have confidence that FPrime 2.0 will be a wicked release and bring much joy to all us LW'ers. :)

monovich
10-21-2004, 01:37 AM
I didn't know there were any screen shots. Is there a place I could see them? "private" needs to chill out. Fprime as is does what it says it would do, and documents what it can't. I don't see what else we could ask for. Worley is obviously busy or he'd update the site. I'd rather he write plugins than update his website.

Panikos
10-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Long time ago someone complained about Worley's Plugin GUI.
My quote was similar.
Better have Worley develop fantastic tools than designing flashy GUI with less functionality.

BTW, the screengrab was about FRrime 1.15

Nemoid
10-21-2004, 03:34 PM
I think he's probably working with NT on SDk to solve the many probs it causes to us for developing, and to FPrime too, and so that he'll be ready with a rock solid product to bring some real good innovation.

i imagine a full working and if possible even faster F prime, totally integrable with Lw, and maybe with Worley other plugs like G2 and Sas. obviously all that visible in normal layout viewports.

this would bring Lw several steps forward despite Fprime and other products being commercial plugs. :)

If true, SDK opening will bring alot of advantages too for developers, so let's cross fingers!
7 months are alot of time though.

ok maybe i dream too much, but i didn't sleep tonight, so maybe i am sleeping now. :D

MattClary
10-21-2004, 03:57 PM
I get anxious too, I love F-Prime, it has allowed me to greatly increase my skills at lighting and surfacing, however, we need to recognize it's childish to demand a constant status update. We're not children, and Worley is not Santa Claus. You can get the new version when he is done with it. He wants to make $$$$, so I assure you, he is working as fast as he can.

mav3rick
10-21-2004, 04:10 PM
money is cool thing but health is eaven cooler

spaz8
10-21-2004, 06:30 PM
I emailed worley after i'd been over 6 months without an update to the site. I knew he was busy working on the SDK with newtek. I was told an Fprime update would be out "soon". That the SDK stuff was taking longer than expected.

Anyways the way I look at it is until the SDK is opened, theres no point in updating plugins. When with an open SDK worley can make currnet and future plugins 10x better buy removing limitations. Fprime needs the new SDK so it can talk to other plugins like sasquatch, g2, hypervoxles hopefully etc. As far as I know the new fprime will use both processors too for more speed!

I'm glad I wasnt the only one dreaming of Sasquatch 2, its been talked of for over a year atleast.

As far as mac users go, i think cuz apple keeps playing with openGL with each update of the OS. Which has caused instability in LW and the worley plugs sliders they maybe waitin for 10.4 Tiger to be out in a few months. But probably stuffs just not ready LOL!

monovich
10-21-2004, 06:40 PM
man, I just have to say that I'd be one elated camper if the next release of fprime was able to incorporate a SSS function.

just dreaming...

Cman
10-21-2004, 08:11 PM
IMHO, Worley getting LWs SDK opened will ultimately be worth more than FPrime 2 and all Worley's plugins put together.

richcz3
10-21-2004, 09:26 PM
For me the fact that he is working directly/more closely with NT trying to resolve the SDK issues is more important.
I will admit though, FPrime is one insane plugin that saves enormous time and I would like to see an update for the some issues. But again its better to get the host LW's SDK working proper so that all future updates will be rock solid.

richcz3

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.