PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Intuos3 concern about pressure threshold

MartinNH
10-20-2004, 06:53 PM
I recently bought a intuos3 a4 as an exchange for my inuos2 a4 and overall I'm pleased with the new tablet. One thing annoys me a lot though, it is no longer possible to change the maximum pressure threshold in the drivers :(

This means that if I wan't to get 100% color coverage with a brush in photoshop I have to press very hard down on the pen. In the old driver it was possible to change how hard you have to press to get 100% pressure recognition from the pen. I really don't understand why wacom would leave this feature out of the driver as a lot of professionals use their tablets, and I can't imagine any of those complaining about more options in the driver.

I've made a thread about it on wacoms board, and their support teams is great as always at helping. There's no intention from wacom to put this feature back in the drivers unfortunally, but maybe if more wacom users join in and ask for them to put it back. As it its now one has to go into the wacom.dat file in the systems folder to change the pressure threshold, and this can get very complex. I still haven't been able to figure out exactly how it works.

If you want this feature back join this thread:
http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=3731

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.