PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush Texture baking

Rook
10-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Anyone out there know how to bake things into a texture, such as cavity shading or shadows?

Rook.

aminuts
10-21-2004, 04:11 PM
I think Aurick may have posted a way to do it at one time, but couldn't find it. So the next best thing is to get the Material Baker zscript at zbc/scripting forum.

Make sure you read the directions or you will think it gives you some funny results but it actually works quite well. Please note it's in it's first incarnation and could probably use some tweaks here and there but it does the job!

Atwooki
10-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Rook:

Material Baker v1 (Lighting, Shading, Wireframe baker)

at:

http://206.145.80.239/zbc/showthread.php?t=21035

A.

Rich-Art
10-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Anyone out there know how to bake things into a texture, such as cavity shading or shadows?

Rook.
Nice NickName you have. In Dutch is it "Smoke" LOL

Peace,
RichArt. :thumbsup:

Kevin Albers
10-28-2004, 03:10 PM
I bake the cavity shader out frequently. I generate a displacement map, then load that into a texture ("make tx" button in alpha menu). Then I do a "crop and fill" from the texture menu, which fills the image with the displacement map. I set up my material, with a cavity shader set to pure black, and ambience set to pure white. Using best render, this results in a high-contrast cavity shader image, which I "grab doc" from the texture menu, and export the texture, for use in photoshop. Then, in photoshop, I use that as a layer, using transparency and color adjustments to get various amounts of cavity shader in my final map (which is used for game art).

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.