PDA

View Full Version : demoreel snippet

gaggle
10-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey all,

I'm putting together my reel, and it's proving.. tricky. I'm linking the first 20 seconds (still editing the rest), and I would very much appriciate any comments. It's of particular interest what kind of mood you think the music creates. I used it because I think it's a kickass tune, but I've since realised that maybe it's too "big", too.. what's the word here.. too grand. If I had Lord of the Rings level quality in there maybe I'd be okay, but that's hardly the case. Maybe something more upbeat and funny is more appropriate?

If you have suggestions for some songs I'm all ears. I've borrowed a whole bunch of soundtracks to find a good track, but it's quite the task.

Anyway, it's 1.6 megabytes, DivX5 encoded, and I'm in rather intense need of feedback. I've decided, redecided, and re-redecided that the music and editing works/doesn't work/sucks half a dozen times already.. I can't seem to do this on my own.

The Link (http://gaggle.dhs.org/files/reel04_20secs.avi). If there's the slighest need of different codecs and/or a .mov just let me know.

willp
10-20-2004, 04:11 PM
not too grand - just to orchestral,
I'd use something with more of a beat (instrumental HipHop?). if your reel is made up of short clips you can arrange the cuts to fit the beat
or maybe the repetivenes of mellow house music would help tie your various styles together (your music worked until the visual style switched)

think of a riddim that explains your profesional legacy and the mood of your work

how about the first few bars of "I put a spell on you" by screaming J hawkins - looped
(it worked for Biggie) :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.