PDA

View Full Version : Dissapearing trick in layout ?

kevinmacdonald
08-19-2002, 05:43 AM
well heres my problem, checked the manual nothing, so u cant flame me. lol. when im in layout crusing around my scene , stuff dissapears when i get close to it.. so i cant see it anymore ? lol, im thiking it could be my gfx card, but i dunno. i have a geforce 3, the original before all the TI crap , if that matters. thanks :buttrock:

isnowboard
08-19-2002, 06:16 AM
It's the clipping plane.

webfox
08-19-2002, 07:04 AM
Yes, it's the OpenGL clipping plane.

Try reducing the size of the layout grid.

:beer:

kevinmacdonald
08-19-2002, 08:44 AM
o hey thanks u guys rawk. whats hte key board shortcut in layout to reduce grid size.. i know its , in modeller but wut bout in layout ?

dies-irae
08-19-2002, 08:50 AM
by default it's the [ and ] keys, which depending on your keyboard layout can be anywhere or nowhere at all. otherwise, you can always change the gridsize under the display option ( "d" shortcut )

Cocefi
08-20-2002, 01:51 AM
You can try enabling the Fixed Near Clip Distrance under the Display Options. Set the number smaller to something like 1mm if it still doesn't work. This option sometimes causes other clipping problems so you might want to turn it off when you're not going close up on the objects.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.