PDA

View Full Version : 3DFestival interviews Kai Rosenkranz of Gothic II

lildragon
08-19-2002, 05:19 AM
Hey guys,

New Gothic II interview with Kai Rosenkranz has been published.

http://www.3dfestival.com/story.php?story_id=69

Have fun,

L.

leigh
08-19-2002, 04:13 PM
I've already told you, but I'll tell all the other mods too - great article :thumbsup:
I'm sure as hell looking forward to this game.... :D

LucentDreams
08-19-2002, 07:07 PM
He may only be a sound guy but great article, I guessing I'm always into an article about a guy named Kai :)

lildragon
08-19-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Kaiskai
He may only be a sound guy but great article, I guessing I'm always into an article about a guy named Kai :)

Kai is a GREAT guy, he's always very busy with Gothic II , the difference with him is, Piranha Bytes is a small game house and he handles the gothic2.com website, so he's pretty much abreast of almost if not all the going-ons with the project, so getting insight from him was perfect, think of him as composer/public relations ;)

glad you guys enjoyed the article :)

salud!

Soeren Nielsen
08-20-2002, 02:50 AM
I never played gothic and I actually never really heard about it, so getting some background information on what the gothic "universe" actually is, really helps alot when reading this article. great stuff, looks promising. Keep it up :)

bentllama
08-20-2002, 08:45 AM
Looks good.

How is the gameplay?

When is the demo out?

lildragon
08-20-2002, 11:03 AM
Here's a lil write up I did awhile back.

==============================================
In October of 1997 a very small unknown game house in Germany, started what very well could be the revolution turn in RPG's to date. In February 2001, the project "GOTHIC" was finally finished after a development time of more than 3 years. The game was then introduced into the German market, which went on to receive high assessments as well as 5 awards. The North American market slowly caught wind of particulary one of the highest achievements in RPG's to date, although not as popular on this side of the world, it won the hearts of the handful of North American gamers (including myself) who did manage to find the few scattered copies on the computer gaming shelves.

One of the more compelling aspects of the game was world you were adventuring in, imagine a living breathing world around your character, animals hunt other prey besides you, NPC's have their own memories and daily routines, such as washing their clothes, cooking, smiths churning away on a new weapon and much more.

JoWood productions has partnered with Piranha Bytes, and with their marketing muscle you better believe that Gothic II will be a smash hit the world over.
==============================================

Bent there's a demo available for Gothic I http://www.gamesdomain.com/demos/demo/1407.html but take caution the controls take a bit of getting use to, but once you do man o man. They have since matured the controls to something better in GOthic II

Simply the best open-ended RPG I've played to date... Kicks Morrowinds booty.

salud!

Cadillacs57
08-21-2002, 01:31 AM
looks very interesting, i like rpgs, is a first person view?...
and how about the world?? do you really feel inside this world??
like deus ex or some others?
im going to test the gothic 1 demo
thanks for the link

Tottebias
08-21-2002, 12:16 PM
I actually didn't like the first game very much, but this was a good article that made me look forward to the second release.

Smu
08-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Geee, Gothic I wasn't even playable without patching it to v.1.08 - but with the latest Updates, it really roxxxx!! :buttrock:
Must have played this one a dozen times, and it's still big fun.
No, it's not FPP, it's thirdPP just like Tomb Raider, but even if you generally don't like it this way, give it a try!
I'm looking forward BIG TIME and will play Gothic I another time till the sequel comes to birth!! :airguitar

Vincenzo RzR
09-23-2002, 01:14 AM
Hi guys! I registered to this forum but I couldn't hold myself from posting.

I live in Holland and Gothic I never entered the shelves here (well.. at least not where I live.. I live in The Hague.. so not a farmer place or something)!! I found that too terrible because I played the demo, read articles, looked at screenshots etc.
Then a good English friend told me that he knows a friend in Ireland that was willing to send me the game for a price. I sent him the money and he sent me the game.. I was finally able to play it. Anyway.. after long days of searching for this game I played it and noticed that was was more then worth the time and trouble. You feel SO FREE in this game.. something I never experienced with another game EVER.
Then I heard about the sequal and:
-watched the screenshots :drool:
-read the articles :love:
-tried to hide my happyness :D
-but couldn't.. :buttrock: :beer:

And Smu, just like you said, I'm also gonna install Gothic I again tomorrow and rock that world once more! YAHOOO!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.