PDA

View Full Version : How often do you change the tip of your Intuos2 pen?

Kargokultti
10-20-2004, 12:02 PM
And how do you do it?

I bought my tablet - used - straight from Wacom (months ago) and the tip's a bit worn by now. I don't know if there should have been instructions for changing the nib, but I didn't get any.

I'm not even sure if the worn nib has any undesirable effects, but I worry that it might scratch the tablet. There has to be a reason why I got new nibs with the tablet.

imashination
10-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Just pull it out with your teeth, its not stuck or screwed in, you just need to pull it.

kromekat
10-20-2004, 08:37 PM
And how do you do it?

I bought my tablet - used - straight from Wacom (months ago) and the tip's a bit worn by now. I don't know if there should have been instructions for changing the nib, but I didn't get any.

I'm not even sure if the worn nib has any undesirable effects, but I worry that it might scratch the tablet. There has to be a reason why I got new nibs with the tablet.

I have had my current Intous 2 for about 6 months or so now, and I am on my second nib - I use it instead of a mouse most of the time now, so all my navigation, modeling, web browsing etc is done this way - you can just feel when the tip is wearing down!

Kargokultti
10-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks a bunch.

stephen2002
10-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Huh. I've had my Graphire for over 2 years now, I use the pen for basically everything but gaming, and the nib looks about the same size as it did originally. And it still has basically the same "slippery pencil" feel to it.

kromekat
10-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah my Graphire 2 nib lasted a long time - I only replaced it when I got the extras with the Intuos. The surface of an intuos is less slippy incidently, making it feel quite a bit more natural, and I assume could also contribute to the wear on the nibs!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.