PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Denzil Lewis

Darkk_randley
10-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Denzil Lewis has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Darkk_randley
10-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Well it's the first time that I've decided to enter one of these contests. Been visiting this website for the past two years and I guess it's time I contributed something. Looking forward to this. Thanks very much. Hope at least someone likes what I do.

Have a nice day.

Darkk_randley
10-21-2004, 12:15 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4282/4282_1098317710_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4282/4282_1098317710_large.jpg)

Just a rough sketch

Darkk_randley
10-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi there....I more or less know what I want to do for this contest. I don't know how well I'll be able to pull it off, but I'll do my best. Here's a very very quick sketch of what more or less I have in mind. The idea goes like this:

Worlds have been at war for eons. Generation after generation picking up arms and trying to destroy each other. More or less like a universe-wide version of a deathmatch. Worlds want to dominate. There can be only one survivor. Unfortunately this is not one of them.

I thought I'd go for a more personal aspect of a planets final moment. It's the split second before the end. That moment when you know you have no option, but to be really dead.

The Red box is more than likely how I'm going to frame it since I want it really close to the guys head. I think, as well, that I'm going to go as realistic as I possibly can.

Well I just wanted to give everyone an idea of where I'm heading.

Thanks,
Denzil

Hillartsympho
10-24-2004, 01:02 PM
hey this is my first challenge too... good luck!

your idea gives opportunity to do very engaging backgrounds and middle grounds to pull it off. think about sketching that stuff next maybe. a single figure can convey pathos, but what about a story? you can help give the viewer and idea of teh narrative with the rest of teh composition/ pictorial space.

Good work so far

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.