PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Giorgio De Michele

Erebus74
10-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Giorgio De Michele has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Erebus74
10-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Mhhh, hope I will got time for this challenge! It seems a very interesting project, and I have some idea in mind, concerning a true Galactic Empire on the verge of a grandious event...
Hope I will find the time to put those "on the paper" :shrug:

Gio

Erebus74
10-23-2004, 04:39 PM
I just entered the challenge, and I'm triyng to find the time to do an initial idea sketch. I think I will go for the "milestone in Civilization" Theme...I mean I will try to depict a point in History very important for the Big Human Republic that has spawned a million suns and is now on the verge of an important change...because is SO difficult to rule an enormous republic...

More after the sketch... :D

Gio

Erebus74
10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4274/4274_1098554548_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4274/4274_1098554548_large.jpg)

Ok, this is my initial concept sketch...I know, I'm not a natural talented pencil, so my sketch are a bit ugly :P

Anyway, the concept here is the "Last Step"...
The last step of a man who devoted his life to the consolidation of the United Worlds Republic. The President of a vast space Republic that in the last decades has decided to unify the space and take there his Illuminated Guidance. And the unification is an hard way to follow...it can't be done totally by diplomatic means...

So now, after countless battles and little changes in everyday life for every inhabitant of the Republic, the last step his taken, and the last world is Pacificated and forced to unite under the benevolent flags of the "Republic" (is this still a Republic? Or has it becomed more and more like the enemies it has conquered? The evils it has condamned?)

Anyway it is a great day for the Man, because the First President in History is about to be incoronated "First Consul President of the Known Galaxy". But the last world is not still totally conquered...while the people of the court are celebrating the President, and loyal generals are bowing to the Strenght and Cunning of THE Man, outside the last battle is taking place...but celebration had to be anticipated, because of soon to arrive Presidential elections...to demonstrate to the people that HE is the Man that has to guide the Galaxy for the next years to come...

Meanwhile, not all people are really satisfied whit this accomodations...

OK. I hope my english is understandable and readable :P

Gio

Erebus74
10-25-2004, 09:39 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4274/4274_1098697179_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4274/4274_1098697179_large.jpg)

This is my try at color and l/s composition. I think the King must be placed more upward in the drawing, to make a triangle whit the foreground figures.

I tryed to do this first in painter8, but I feel much more precise and comfortable whit photoshop....maybe is the habit...
I try every time to use the funny instrument of painter (they are truely funny, whit that almost real feel), but in the end I feel too much imprecise whit them, and I have much more control in Photoshop...

drawMonger
10-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi Erebus74, Nice concept! A couple of things strike me, there are few people at the corronation...to enhance the 'grandness' of the event, it would be interesting pan out a little and see a huge gathering. I like the intrigue of the would-be assassin.

Also the blues seem to be a little too saturated.

Looking forward to your next instalments :thumbsup:

Erebus74
10-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Yep, you are right, I will put in more characters on the "kneeling" line, and some head in the foreground, to give the "crowd" sense.
I will try to do more sketching in the week end...I'm a bit overworked in this days :D

For the colors....I will go for a darker shade of Blue in the sky, and a more desaturated blue (and more white in it too) for the planet.

Very thx for the advice, I hope whit the next entries I will upload to receive more feedback from you and other users! :)

Gio

screamingwing
10-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Man
like the coronation idea but agree that it needs more grandeur -lots more people. Also if you scale up size of viewing area to see more of action outside may help.
Good luck.

Fahrija
11-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi Erebus74,

just keep up drawing, fellow :)

IŽll watch this thread.
Regarding the composition > the foreground action is very peacful and the danger is to far away from the viewer banished into the background. Maybe I would try another arrangement of the scene.

If you are unhappy with this one just try another one. Keep it rough and loose to avoid of concentrating to much on details. Just to find a kind of composition.

Greetings
Fahrija

Moon Dragon
11-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Your work seems interesting, i'll try to keep an eye on your work.

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.