PDA

View Full Version : HELP ! ! ! Missing buttons on Modeler

Larry_g1s
10-20-2004, 07:33 AM
I need some serious help right now. The scene I'm working on is very large, so from time to time LW (both Modeler & Layout) will act goofy. So I'll have to restart them from time to time. But while I was working in Layout, and had them both open, I went to Modeler to change something and noticed make poly wasn't working when I connected points. I thought I had Caps on or something, but I didn't. Then I noticed that that button, along with others weren't even there . :banghead:

I'm suppose to meet with a client on the project I'm working on. Can someone please help!

For example, all I have is Pen, and More>Make Triangle Fan & Make Triangle Strip, under the Polygons heading under the Create tab.

P.s. I just updated to 8.0.1 to see if that would fix the problem, but it's still there.

jabbermike
10-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Use the "Edit Plugins" tool (Utilities -> Edit Plugins) and scan the Plugins directory. Then all buttons should be back where they were placed during LW8 installation.

mike

Larry_g1s
10-20-2004, 08:20 AM
After I click the Scan Directory, it pulls up another window labeled "Browse for Folder". I'm assuming a direct it to the LightWave directory. If that's the case, I tried that, and it didn't change.

Thanks for your help, I think I'll just save my work and do a clean install.

evenflcw
10-20-2004, 08:34 AM
The menus won't update in realtime as soon as plugins/commands become available! After you've scanned for plugins you have to load a menu preset to force an update. Same with hotkeys.

Larry_g1s
10-20-2004, 08:53 AM
The menus won't update in realtime as soon as plugins/commands become available! After you've scanned for plugins you have to load a menu preset to force an update.
OOOOOOoooohhhhhh, now you tell me. But I've already re-installed it. :banghead:
Well, on the plus side, the re-installation seemed to fix that initial start up lag I'd experience do to the Windows SP2 update and Norton AntiVirus.

But I'll definitly keep the solution you guys meantioned for next time. Thanks Sooooo much.

evenflcw
10-20-2004, 08:55 AM
No problem. It's always nice to have clean installations.

zuzzabuzz
10-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Well, on the plus side, the re-installation seemed to fix that initial start up lag I'd experience do to the Windows SP2 update and Norton AntiVirus.

Hmm. Maybe I'll try that too. (although I'm considering just rebuilding the machine back to pre-SP2)

Good luck. You've been having a rough go of it lately. :)

Larry_g1s
10-20-2004, 05:55 PM
Hmm. Maybe I'll try that too. (although I'm considering just rebuilding the machine back to pre-SP2)I've gotta tell ya, it's like night and day now. It use to take sooo incredible long to load. It was frustrating. I've noticed the same large scene, inside layout, is much more responsive. I also have the address that LW is using in regards to the hub, in the Norton firewall networking settings (i.e. 192.XX.X.XX, or how ever it goes). I heard that as a solution, but it's weird, it still didn't seem to help until I did the fresh re-install.

Good luck. You've been having a rough go of it lately. :)
You know, I have...lol. But with any trial and tribulation, one can always grow and be strengthen by trhough it. But I'll tell you what, I couldn't do it with out this community. I'll show the project when I'm done. It won't be anything near what many of you've shown, but I figure for all the trouble I've been going through and this group helping out, I might as well show it. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.