PDA

View Full Version : anti-alising @ unreal shader

Destroyer111
10-20-2004, 06:50 AM
when you look at the attached image, you see that the edgelines are broken. there is not antialising in the edges. the whole sceene is render with antialising and it looks as it should. but the lines don't. i tried different setting and raised the anti-alising level in unreal itself but that doesn't work. tired some other setting but the result was always the same. i reduced the space of the dots in unreal but it doesn't worked either.....

any suggestions what i should do?

best regards and i hope someone can help me

Celshader
10-20-2004, 07:23 AM
Shade01's the unReal master here, not me. I haven't used unReal much at all yet, though I should.

Off the top of my head, here's a thought:

Render the frame out twice as big, then scale it down for a "do-it-yourself" antialiasing.

For example, if you want to render a 300x300 image, render it out at 600x600 and use the image editing package of your choice to scale the 600x600 image back down to 300x300.

Shade01
10-20-2004, 08:57 AM
when you look at the attached image, you see that the edgelines are broken. there is not antialising in the edges. the whole sceene is render with antialising and it looks as it should. but the lines don't. i tried different setting and raised the anti-alising level in unreal itself but that doesn't work. tired some other setting but the result was always the same. i reduced the space of the dots in unreal but it doesn't worked either.....

any suggestions what i should do?

best regards and i hope someone can help me
The only suggestion is to render out the frame larger than you need it and shrink it down. Unreals edges suck, I don't use them.

gerardo
10-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Destroyer111 , do you refer to this plug?

http://d-creation.sakura.ne.jp/plugin/ha/ha.htm

Is weird because helps most of times :)

Gerardo

Destroyer111
10-21-2004, 09:41 AM
ehm.... that looks good but where the hell is the DL link???? :eek: my japanese isn't that....good ;)

or is that thingy part of unreal????

gerardo
10-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Check this link:

http://webclub.kcom.ne.jp/mb/dhm/plugin.htm

Are the same author's plugs (a genius, btw) and although seems that these plug-ins are only for celshaded works, they can be used for very photorealistic works too.

Gerardo

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.