PDA

View Full Version : hELP heLP ....

essencedesign
10-20-2004, 03:08 AM
Hey guy's. You have all given me some great help in the past so now I need some more :thumbsup: I just received two Boxx 3c ri1's that I got for a great deal from a 3d training school. They power up both no problem, but one won't recognize my monitor (my monitor just keeps saying no signial).....and the other won't launch windows XP without erroring and saying it needs to restart. I've tryed starting in safe mode,,,,starts to launch Windows then locks up..could thihs be because of a hardware conflict...the mouse dosen't seen to want to opperate either...are these units not recognizing my hardware...I don't know I'm a little stressed right now about this....Plaes help me if you can and I will be indebted !

thanks

essencedesign
10-20-2004, 04:28 AM
In sticking with the rules on this thread,,,beacuse I really need some help here.

the system is Tyan t9 Motherboard
1 gig memory (checks out ok as the system starts up)
dual AMD 2100 mp
it's a boxx though, and I know that they are basicaly bulletproof ....so I need to know if it could be because my monitor or my mouse or keyboard is different that the one the previous owner had,,,,would that be causing the error at windows startup ??........

Maven
10-20-2004, 01:32 PM
It could be a lot of different issues causing your problems you really need to just troubleshoot this yourself. Maybe just formating these machines will solve these problems and any future problems (since these are used machines). Also, I assume they are out of the Boxx warrenty? But if I am wrong then just give them a call.

essencedesign
10-20-2004, 01:58 PM
yes i will try and contact boxx today if I have the time. I am confident ( i hope) that it is not the machines....I hope they can walk me through it.

Thanks

Ed Caracappa
10-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Could be a lot of things. Given the age of these systems and the fact that they've been moved around I'd make sure there were no cooling issues or, that you don't have an unseated or bad processor.

Blow some air through the fins on the processor heatsinks to clean them. Make sure both processors are properly seated and locked down. If you can handle it, you can remove the processors and sinks, clean them and replace the thermal compound. I'd then put one of the processors and heat sinks back in and try restarting. If everything comes up ok, then shut down and replace the second proc and heat sink. Restart again.

Push comes to shove, give me a call and I'll try to help you out. My direct line is 512-225-6313.

Ed

essencedesign
10-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Thank you Ed. I was told that they still had one year left on warranty with your company....I am getting an error message that keeps comming up saying windows must shut down to prevent damage to the computer. Could it be that my monitor is causing the glitch since the system isn't installed with the drivers for it...silly question i guess....and both the fans on both units start us and hum alng just fine. I will have a look at the processors though .

Ed Caracappa
10-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Call our tech support at 877-877-2699 and ask for Randall. I'll let him know that one of our friends from cgtalk will be calling.

Ed

essencedesign
10-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Thank you much....You guys really do have the best cutomer support :thumbsup:

~jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.