PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Ryan Duncan

ryanduncan
10-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Ryan Duncan has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

ryanduncan
10-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Well...this is my first try at a cgtalk challenge. Here goes nothin. I thought of a lot of different ideas for a space opera, there are so many cool avenues to explore. But I kind of want to keep it fun and campy, so I decided to go with an old school sci-fi flash gordon/buck rogers kind of style. I think it will be fun to make some retro robots, clean simple designs, bold colors, and of course one or two scantily clad space babes :) I'll try to post some concepts by this weekend. I hope I have time to see this thing through. I'm going to try to not look at any other posts for the competition and wait till the end to see what people come up with (I think that will be harder than the completeing the challenge itself!). There are so many awesome artists here I'm really excited to see the outcome in January...good luck everybody!

ryanduncan
10-26-2004, 03:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4228/4228_1098804058_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4228/4228_1098804058_large.jpg)

This is superquick but I wanted to at least nail down the direction I'm going in. I'll be refining the concept and maybe do a couple variations before moving on to character designs. I'm going for a retro sci-fi, flash gordon, frazetta etc. type feel, I think it will be fun to realize this genre in 3d :)

ryanduncan
10-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Just wanted to note that the robot, girl, etc. is all just placeholder for the final version which I will concept out a little later on, I just wanted to establish the feel I am going for and quickly block it in. I haven't been looking at any of the other threads so let me know if this is too close to something someone else has posted...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.