PDA

View Full Version : Me and my BEEPING computer

T-R
10-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem. My computer beeps alot. It beeps during startup, during video, while using Maya, while playing a game. Sometimes it doesnt beep right away, other times it beeps every 5 minutes and on occasion it doesnt beep at all. There it just beeped :banghead:! I searched the forum but other beepers problems were situations in which they didnt have speaker sound, they had video problems or had booting problems. I have none of these. Everythimg is ok as far as performace and fuctions.

I understand that its kind of a morse code from the motherboard to try to tell me what the beepin problem is, but its so random in its beeps I havent bothered to write it down. I have an Asus P4S8X-X. I found only one result through google in which someone said the problem was the power supply and when he bought a new on it was fixed. Before I go out and buy a new power supply I was wondering if someone else has had this problem. This sound is driving me up the beepin wall!

Thank you.

Rabid pitbull
10-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Well during start up the beeps ussually mean a hardware problem, but after it is on is a mystery to me. It may be a heat sensor warning you of overtemp, check the bios to see if it has a warning like this. It could also be the video card possibly doing the same thing. My card has a overtemp warning, but it never went of so not sure if it beeps or pops up a warning.

I am probrobly way off, but that is all I can think that may beep during and after start up.

T-R
10-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks for replying Rabid pitbull.

I havent been able to reply for a while cause it got to the point where my mobo wouldnt shut up..i mean every second it was beeping it drove me up the wall. I ended up buying a new power supply. A low noise 500 watt ATX power supply with a 80mm fan. Well it worked...so far, so it looks like this was the problem. if anyone else has this problem with the same motherboard this appears to be the fix.

I can finally get some peacehttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

It may be a heat sensor warning you of overtemp,
that was exactly it!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.