PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Lighting and Shadow

NeptuneImaging
10-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey, guys, I have been wondering this in my mind and I am wondering if there is a way to get Lightwave to do dynamic lighting and shadows? Because I plan on doing a short film and I want to make the film feel --- well, dynamic!

Any ideas will be great

coremi
10-19-2004, 08:17 PM
can u be more specific, please

zuzzabuzz
10-19-2004, 08:19 PM
dynamic lighting and shadows = adjustment of exposure to mimic the way our eyes adjust when we go from a dark movie theater to the brightness outside? Similar to the HalfLife2?

Might have to be done in post process. HDRExposure would help, but there's no way to control it with envelopes.

Maybe you could put something like a Neutral Density Filter in front of the camera? Might be hit in render times. I'm probably not thinking it through enough.

NeptuneImaging
10-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Kind of what Splinter cell had... but yes and having light volume.

I could use volumetric lights, but that would be murder on the rendering times if I have many of them. Of course i can always render out separate passes and comp in PS7...

What the hell is a Neutral density filter?

gerardo
10-20-2004, 05:11 AM
You can maybe do it saving your images sequence in a format that supports HDRIs (.HDR or even better .FLX); then load a flat polygon (with this sequence mapped) with the same proportions of camera resolution , and play with Envelope in Luminosity Channel. Corona can reinforce the effect.

Gerardo

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.