PDA

View Full Version : blend two colours together?

Fudge
10-19-2004, 05:53 PM
hey is it possible to blend to textures together? what i mean is i got a bit of black then a bit of gray but they seem the jump between the colors a little too much how can i make it fade into that color?

Fudge

Fudge
10-19-2004, 06:06 PM
also how do you flip textures?

jumbo
10-19-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand you, but I'll give it a try. How do you want these colors to blend together? Are you referring to a gradient, or do you want to blend it together as in a painting?

The gradient is easy, if that's what you are looking for. For that, just pick on color as your foreground color and the other as your background color, and select the first type of gradient and what kind of gradient it is.

If you are talking about textures fading into one another. I would use the gradients, but use them in the alpa channel as the selection on the top layer, and delete the rest of the texture on the top.

Other than gradients, I would use an airbrush to softly paint in blending between the colors. You can use the Pattern Stamp tool with an airbrush effect for textures.

I hope this helps.

AbueroAllenstein
10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Blend them using blending options in layer settings. There are loads of functions avalaible, like darken, multiply, screen, and xlight. just play with them a little bit.

Elysian
10-23-2004, 07:48 PM
also how do you flip textures?I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but you can flip an image by going to image/transform/flip horizontal/vertical

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.