PDA

View Full Version : problems with maya rendered specular

svenip
08-18-2002, 08:52 PM
hi, in my current project i'm doin in maya this time i wanna use after effects. so everything works fine for me until i come to render in passes.

i usually do this and render everything in diffuse, shadow and specular pass. problem now is that after effects doesn't recognize the alpha of the specular file. the file has one, i know it by fcheck.

i tried several file formats, but nothing changed.

where is the problem ????

another question :

how can i use the maya z channel ? cause after fx can't read maya iff, i can render it seperatly. but how to implement in AE ??

thnx in advance

Nicool
08-18-2002, 09:19 PM
To use z-map work with "3d channel" effect... But the dof is realy poor and very*e12 difficult to use because parameters are too big...

Nicool
08-18-2002, 09:20 PM
Sorry, to use z-channel in your pics, use RLA format. Sorry:scream: I've not right read your post before!

beaker
08-21-2002, 12:08 PM
>>how can i use the maya z channel ? cause after fx can't read maya iff, i can render it seperatly. but how to implement in AE ??

Afterfx 5.5 added a built in maya iff reader.

svenip
08-21-2002, 12:40 PM
really ? i can't read them :hmm:
maybe it's because i'm working on a mac !? probably not but i will check that.

beaker
08-21-2002, 10:49 PM
I believe the iff reader is an optional install, it is in the goodies folder on the cd or something like that.

Mauritius
09-02-2002, 01:49 AM
A specular pass doesn't require any alpha. It is plain added on top of the other layers.

.mm

boomji
09-04-2002, 08:33 PM
hey dude,
how the job ;)
if afx dosent recognise the alfa to the specular the do a set matte.
it's in the effects menu...sorry dont have the app at home,forgot where it comes :p will try and tell soon.sorry for such a half assed answer.
b

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.