PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Sascha Michael Maerz

Pages : [1] 2

Saschi0815
10-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Sascha Michael Maerz has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/grandspaceopera/view_entries.php?challenger=4082)

Latest Update: Final Image: Final final
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1105987370_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1105987370_large.jpg)

ok, here's the final one which I've uploaded last night.... hope u like it...now it's too late to change ;-)

Edit: Forgot the description.....ooopps:D

Title: ENCOUNTER

The pic above describes the cometogether of two absolutely different species. one species called the Y'rr - warriors from nature, discovered foldpoints to another starsystems. One of them leads to the hegemony of a jellyfish like race called the Car'lumen...caused of their evolution history, they conquer the space only to his natural frontiers (but with knowing the foldpoint technology) and built strong defense systems around their foldpoints...
The moment the Y'rr intrudes the reach of power of the Car'lumen is a moment of surprise, a moment of thread - a moment of silence....the encounter of two of the most powerful species in the galaxy....

best regards+have fun, friends

Virtuoso
10-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Hey,hey hey..................Let me be the first to welcome you Sascha,,,,,,,,,:thumbsup: :beer: ....

Great to see you in.I expect to see more wonderful creations from you.This theme has "Limitless" spelled all over it. I'll be watching for your updates and I wish you all the best,have fun and may the "High poly Gods" be with you............:arteest:

Saschi0815
10-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Hey Michael - great to see u in. I'm very happy about your welcome:love:

.... Congratulations for your award!:applause: Great to see that such artistic output has been appreciated by the jury....

Wish u all the best, and I'm very excited about your works.I know it will be hardcored stuff ;-))

May our renderslaves smoke....:twisted:

Lemog
10-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Sascha is here... good news :applause: it's a great joy for me...

I'm waiting now you concept and story... an original one... like your MF entry... but this time... you must finish it :D

Lemog...

JamesMK
10-21-2004, 09:19 AM
... but this time... you must finish it :D
Yeap. The french have some good points from time to time.... I wisheth thou good luck(-eth)!

Versiden
10-21-2004, 01:27 PM
dude.. great to see you here!

can't wait to see your concepts....

(btw, did you ever finished your machine flesh?)

madshooter
10-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Saschi0815, best of luck for this challenge.

Saschi0815
10-22-2004, 09:30 AM
puuuh, so less time for answering....big sorry, guys, for my late reply. The work u know:scream:

My girl's out this weekend, so I have time to make concept and some sketches ,juhu:bounce:

@Lemog: Hi Laurent, I'm happy to hear from u. ...and yes -hopefully i will finish this challenge this time - oh man, what a shame last challenge....What about your entry, my friend? Haven't found it...Looking forward to see such eyecandy from u as in the last contest.
Hope u take part in this epic contest :beer:
@James: Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,man - I really neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it...
@Versiden: Great to see so many friends from the last time. ...No I've never finished it,'cause all what I have tried to fix was going wrong... The only thing to solve the problem is to make all the textures new... and this means:time,time and time --oh i forgot time ;-)))
And to be honest: I want to to do some new, this is the reason to take part in this challenge...:-).. Hey, dude, I wish u good luck - now I will hurry to your thread....:-))
@madshooter:Thank u very much. I wish u all the best, too.

...and now - lets get drunken from this great theme....hicks ;-)

Lemog
10-22-2004, 09:40 AM
The latest contest... ? I think I do something too much special... and few persons like this picture... next time, I must be better :scream:

But for this one... Grand Space Opera... I can't participate... infortunetly I will have no time before 2 months :sad:

Anyway... I follow the threads of my friends :thumbsup:

Saschi0815
10-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Yes, your style is special and unique:applause: ...and you know there is no style all people like....I'm a fan of yours, you know. Mainly your love for details is absolutely fascinating - and it's a pity, that u don't take part in this actual contest. It would be an enrichment to see your visions about this theme....

...I'm very excited about your opinion about my concept which is coming between friday and sunday. Thank you for your support, my friend:thumbsup:

rattlesnake
10-22-2004, 11:28 PM
ok mate...im here to suscribe this awesome thread...and to wish u good luck...i know this is going to be a "hats off "art piece!

ill be waiting for your next steps into this:thumbsup:

Saschi0815
10-24-2004, 10:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1098655398_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1098655398_large.jpg)

Above you see some concepts for warships of the Y'rr. My favorite is the last:-) I think it looks more aggressive than the other...
...and here's my storyline so far:

Work-Title "THROUGH"

In a future far away from ours, in a place unimaginable further than humans think, lies a planet
called Y'rra, embedded in a strange universe - the Tor'am'en Universe.
With a wild and hostile environment, the inhabitants have to fight for their life. From an early
age most of the species tried to use mechanical techniques to survive. Of all species, the planet
has begotten, only the martial Y'rr arrived the level of intelligence to explore the world and space
around them. Based on their hard life, their mentality is warlike and as soon as possible they began
to expand their territory. They've learned that physical strength can overwhelm menaces from other
species, so - after reaching the level of space technology - they built warships to ambush their
neighbours in their universe rubbing out rivalism. In a time span of 200 years, they rule the room between
their three giant-suns in their system in a range of 80 parsecs (260 lightyears).
The incredible distance was bridged over by a kind of wormhole technology which use so called foldpoints.
These foldpoints were created by magneticfields of a giant-star and can be used for travelling between them.
A disadvantage of this sort of wormholes is that they border the range of jumps between the magnetic
influences. The system in Tor'am'en is an isle system, no entrance from outer space and no exit.
Time goes by and many generations of the Y'rr were grown up and died in the natural circle of life.
Certainly a star has to subject itself the principles of nature. And then a supernova was born as the star
died. After the shock of destruction, the Y'rr looked for their foldpoints, the basement of their might.
Some points were destroyed, but there were some new, too......
The Y'rr scientist decided to send out an exploration fleet to discover the new points and whats behind.
Like their traditional method, certainly warships were sent out, not thinking about that aggression could be
a mistake.

The Car'lumen, a species arisen from intelligent jellyfish, dominated their room since immemorial times.
Their principles of surviving causes on adamant hardness. No mercy for other species, so their domain has no
other races left after their crusade. Because of the same physics the universe works, they know all about
their foldpoints. The difference between the Car'lumen and the Y'rr is that the Car'lumen don't want to expand
more than they need. Based on their history and evolution, the security is the most important thing for them.
They built up their territory with defence systems and awful weapons. The technology of the Car'lumen is based
on organic principles like living spaceships and machines, cultivated only for specific purposes, without any use of
metal or other minerals humans need.

The moment, the Y'rr enter the hegemonia of the Car'lumen and their first contact is a moment of silence, a
moment of threat, a moment of fright...........

This is the moment I want to show.....

Saschi0815
10-24-2004, 10:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1098655581_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1098655581_large.jpg)

...and here is a layout for the Car'lumen warships, the organic war-space-machines.

C+C are very welcome :-))))
Have fun...:-)

Saschi0815
10-24-2004, 10:17 PM
@rattlesnake: Hi Jorge, great to "see" you here.Many thanks for coming by...:beer:

What about your thread here? Do u take part? Hope so:thumbsup:
...and I hope also not to disapoint your expectations...I will do my best:)

greentek
10-24-2004, 10:29 PM
very original and nice idea..
and your sketch of Car'lumen Warship/Destroyer is great.. excellent style and technique..
and good luck in challenge..

Virtuoso
10-24-2004, 10:36 PM
Oh lala.....Nice storyline sascha...............Organic vessels,very interesting.I think you are onto a special creation,and knowing your talent level your vision will come to be in 3D.....You know I got a seat planted here right?:cool:

Now have fun,and create a wonderful Space opera,you sure have an excellent start.Cheers...............:beer: :arteest:

TheRealFlyBoy
10-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Looks like a very promising start. I really like your Car'lumen warship. Makes me think of a jelly fish. Cant wait to see it in 3d!

Good luck to ya!

jonahhawk
10-25-2004, 03:07 AM
that is quite a storyline. What will a planet look like after its sun supernovas? Medium or well-done? Charred most likely! the jelly fish ship has great potential, could make for a spectacular image.

Keep up the great design and
thanks for your comments on my post too

jonah

madshooter
10-25-2004, 07:40 AM
moment of silence, a moment of threat, a moment of fright..........., very nice way of presenting your concept. Concept art is looking cool. Man I love that organic warship.
Nice concept overall:thumbsup:

Versiden
10-25-2004, 09:04 AM
excellent sketches you have there, especially the car'lumen ship. I like the organic feel you're going with.. can't wait to see the start to the modelling.

Saschi0815
10-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Thank u all for your nice comments! It's so cool to get such support. Thanxx again.:beer:

The Car'lumen is the only precise thing I have in my mind, for the Y'rr I really don't know about the style. I tend to the last one (far right) or the first....or the third...hhmmmm.
They aren't really archaic and warlike. If someone has a good idea, let me know:applause:
I hope I can make a overall sketch of the scene this week, otherwise the coming weekend.
Description of the whole scene:

In the "front"-background you'll see the open foldpoint (a terrific, huge wormhole), in front the Car'lumen vis-a-vis the Y'rr. In the far-background I will show some nebulae, gas clouds or other space stuff.

Btw: Is it allowed to do a composition like a film poster with a big charakter besides, ships, typo and the main scene mixed together?

adr
10-26-2004, 05:34 AM
I really like the concepts in your entry Sascha. The organic battleship called the carlumen rocks , he has wonderful colors and nice proportions .

Waiting for more , cheers

JamesMK
10-26-2004, 07:19 AM
Jellyfish starship. That could be the name of a band from the 60's :D ... I like this idea of yours a lot, and I have a feeling you can pull it off too, so by all means go for it!

About the movieposter thing - it sounds like a good idea, and although I don't think it would exactly be against the rules, I'm sure that someone would suggest you don't let any typo/logo stuff get in the way of the 3D imagery which is what we want to see. The rest of the composition idea, with a character sort of crossfaded, classical movieposter style.... I don't think they would mind. (this is only my personal reflection and is not intended to be an official interpretation of the rules in particular :) )

[austrian accent] - Go, Sacha :wip: go now!

Saschi0815
10-26-2004, 11:44 AM
@adr: Thanks a lot, Adrian... Hope to make more stuff this week, to show concept things more clearly...

@JamesMK: Hahaha, and the yellyfish starband rocks with their first song "ringadingadingdong, we shot the other" :scream: *duddel*
About my poster question: Looking at some old StarWars Poster (empire strikes back etc), the epic feeling I got from is absolut amazing...Hmmm,ok, first I have to do my 3D works and so on.
If they'll be finished, I try a rough composition like that. Then I'll ask a moderator if it's right or not....
My fallback is the pure 3D compo then.....öööööhh if I will finish this time:D

:beer:

Sky_one
10-26-2004, 11:54 AM
damn, all you guys have such a good concepts.... i definately suck!

gpepper
10-27-2004, 07:21 AM
Organic ship it's a cool idea ! I had this idea but not the talent to sketch it and made it very well ! Keep it up !

Saschi0815
11-01-2004, 11:52 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099356777_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099356777_large.jpg)

...and here's my overall concept sketch - sorry it's absolutely rough, but actually my time's to less for a better one :-) and hopefully it's ok for some imagination...maybe it's not final, just one way to go. If I've got some 3Ds, eventually I'm going to try another way ;-)

Saschi0815
11-01-2004, 11:58 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099357131_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099357131_large.jpg)

...here is a pic for the background. There u can see a wormhole, foldpoint, in the back. It is made from three particlesystems (PArray, Max6) with some MotionBLur. Some VideopostFX are done for the glows and electric ripples.
Rendered in layers and merged in Photoshop with adding some stars and the blue nebulae.
Next I have to model some 3Ds. Hope someone like the style. And as always suggestions and crits are very welcome :-))

Have fun and peace...!

Ohh btw, u can click the pic above to enlarge it ;-)

KOryH
11-02-2004, 01:01 AM
man this is going to be cool

mmoir
11-02-2004, 01:56 AM
saschi0815

That is a very cool looking color concept background , looking forward to the 3d elemtents
Mike
My space opera entry
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=180886&page=3&pp=15

JamesMK
11-02-2004, 05:46 AM
Oh, cool start, Sacha!

I don't know anything about the implied physics of wormholes, but based purely on visuals, I'd say the red parts look too opaque.

The scale of your planned stuff here will certainly make it the perfect backdrop for a massive jellyfish space opera :thumbsup: Hanging around for your next update!

Virtuoso
11-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Great to see more sascha........You have a vast canvas set up,and the organic foreground creations will look great in front of it..........glad to see progres,and you have a wonderful plan,very in-depth and almost a universe in scale.......I'll be looking for more,until then all the best Sascha...............:arteest:

madshooter
11-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Overall looks amazing. Only thing is it looks little flat, I mean try adding some layers of clouds or
do some lighting in such way so that your galaxy looks huge and deep.
Looks cool:thumbsup:

DigiLusionist
11-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Whoa, your first batch of concept art is very interesting!

Saschi0815
11-02-2004, 10:02 AM
@JamesMK: It's a pity that wormholes/foldpoints are really seldom to look at...;-))) thanx, mate, for your suggestion with the opaque thing - I've done this background as a testplatform for the coming 3Ds...maybe if it looks better,I will make them more transparent. The actual stage is only for previsualisation and meant as a help for my final composition. ääähhh I'm not really sure about this scene.... It's a little bit boring...:shrug:

@Virtuoso: Thanx a lot, friend, for your continual support:thumbsup:

@madshooter: Thank u very much for your crit, dude:-)My best friend told me the same as he looked at the pic... I will try to give it more depth, when I put some 3Ds in it...

@KOryH, mmoir, DigiLusionist: Thank u very much:beer:

Peace to all :-)))

Nomad
11-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Wow :eek: just found this thread... Great sketches:thumbsup: The wormhole looks already fantastic.
That will be cool to see the "bioship" in 3d :bounce:

Orporick
11-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Hi

really cool idea and a fantastic wormhole .. just for curiosity (since I'm modelling my own black hole stuff), how do you render the lightnings? Are they 3d with some particles effects (as for the wormhole) or have they've been added in a 2D program? Thanks for the help and looking forward to see more images in your thread, really cool project ..

Riccardo :)

pBarrelas
11-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Looking good so far!! Keep on dude!!:thumbsup:

CybapunC
11-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Hi Sascha,

looks really promising so far. Especially the wormhole looks
great! Keep up the good work :)

Greetz Josh

Saschi0815
11-08-2004, 01:53 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099882424_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099882424_large.jpg)

...first try to model some Car'lumen stuff...äämmm sorry, mates, for posting always late. But I've only the weekend to do some stuff for....
The parts of the model were first made in 3DSMax (boxmodelling) and refined in ZBrush, then reimported to merge them together. I used displacement mapping.

Saschi0815
11-08-2004, 01:54 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099882497_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099882497_large.jpg)

...another view...

Saschi0815
11-08-2004, 01:57 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099882634_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1099882634_large.jpg)

...last one.. C+C are really welcome!

Now I go to bed,have a nice night!;-)

Virtuoso
11-08-2004, 02:19 AM
Holy displacement mapping Batman..............;)

Very organic,very smooth,very interesting........Knowing your level of talent and seeing this concept come up is wonderful......So Z-brush with Max box modeling ..........Nice to see you back in action Sascha......Yopu have to steal more time during the week somehow,I want to see more of this more often.........All the best to you Sascha....:cool:

greentek
11-08-2004, 02:50 AM
great stuff Sascha! :thumbsup: exactly like in concept..

model looks very impressive.. i think you need to improve the wormhole.. it doesn't look believable..

your going excellent.. keep it up!:thumbsup:

cheers..

Versiden
11-08-2004, 05:50 AM
wow, that's incredible!
nice update, you've got that organic feel nailed down. This will look awesome when it's textured

waiting for more

Nomad
11-08-2004, 06:05 AM
This destroyer looks great :applause:
Will you make it`s "skin" transparent then we`ll see some details inside?

Lemog
11-08-2004, 06:28 AM
woooo crazy stuff... I don't imagine to see a destroyer like that... but it's real good piece of imagination... I loke a lot... I hope to see more things like that...

Take care with the tesselation of the sort of tentacules...

Then, good job man :bounce:

Saschi0815
11-08-2004, 10:15 AM
@Nomad: 1. Thank u very much for your comment :-). The wormhole isn't finished yet. Look below ;-). 2. Thanxxx again :-))...yes, it will be a little transparent with some SSS Shader, but I don't know if there is some recognizable interiour... I will test it. Thanks for your suggestion:-))

@Orporick: Thank u! The lightnings are done in PS for testing, later on I will create them from splines and some posteffects applied.

@pBarrelas: Thanxxxxx, man:-)) for coming round...

@CybapunC: Hi Josh, many thanks for visiting my thread and your kond comment. It's great to see that u took part in this epic contest ;-)))

@Virtuoso: Hi Michael,thanx, mate, for your kind words...and yes- I should cut more time out of my ribs...(but my partner in bussiness will hate me:scream: if i do so...) but I want , I wish, I really WANT to do more...!!!...buhhuuhuuu:banghead: #*/&&$# work!

@Greentek: Thanks a lot, man, for your comment and especially the critique: Yes - you're right, the wormhole doesn't look "true". I've done it to have some background for placing models, lights and other stuff.... If I'll arrive in the finishing-phase of the spaceships, I'm going to create a slightly different wormhole more "deeper".

@Versiden: Hi mate, it's just a start, and I'm very happy that u like it so far. Texturing is coming, so stay tuned;-)))

@Lemog: Hi, mate, it's only a rough wip without little details on it, so the tentacles will become more rounder then- and thanxx a lot for your sweet words... I hope I stay "unique" with my evil jellyfish warships ;-)

Again, thanx, mates for your support. A big prosit goes out to u all:beer:

azhhael
11-08-2004, 10:21 AM
I really like your history, and your model too. I am waiting for color post, it may be veeery beautiful

CybapunC
11-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Hi Sascha,

really nice model! never saw something similar...
for me there is nothing to change.
keep it up and i hope u will finish this cause this looks
great so far!

Gruß Josh ;)

madshooter
11-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Saschi0815, Man Car'lumen destroyer model looks great. Nice displacement work.
Waiting to se more rocking updates:bounce: . Looks cool:thumbsup:

JamesMK
11-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh, very cool and organic start on the car'lumen :thumbsup: Too early for crits, keep going in this direction.

rattlesnake
11-08-2004, 06:36 PM
great modeling...looks very organic ...this one is rocking but i cant wait to see it with shaders and textures on it....is going to be superb!...great work !

Saschi0815
11-10-2004, 12:35 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100050506_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100050506_large.jpg)

Hi all,

here are some wips which should show some inner stuff of a Car'lumen warship.
There are some kind of veins which connect the synapses and organes like the insectoid eyes etc. Hmm, it's not finished yet, and I have to build more organs and certainly the weapons.
Car'lumen are frightful opponents...
The shaders, colors and textures aren't in place right now - they're only tests for me to see things more clearly.

Hope someone like my little step forward. C+C are welcome as always :-))

Saschi0815
11-10-2004, 12:37 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100050661_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100050661_large.jpg)

2nd pic

Saschi0815
11-10-2004, 12:38 AM
[/url]

3rd pic[url="http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100050732_large.jpg"] (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100050732_large.jpg)

Saschi0815
11-10-2004, 12:39 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100050796_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100050796_large.jpg)

puuhh, 4th and last pic :-)

Saschi0815
11-10-2004, 12:44 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100051046_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100051046_large.jpg)

ooops, forgot to attach the pic...here is it:-))

Peace to all!

greentek
11-10-2004, 12:59 AM
wow Sascha!!! your style is damn cool!!! :thumbsup: i like it lot.. i'm going to steal design of one of your ships :D really.. i need one organic model and i still cant invent somthing worthy for it.. :D MUSHROOM ship.. cool..
great stuff mate.. :thumbsup: keep it hot!!!
cheers..

Virtuoso
11-10-2004, 05:28 AM
Ethereal and surreal......It's out there,and totally out of the "Box"...unique,smooth and has a natural elegant flow..................Doing real nice Sascha,I knew you would..........What they have in the water over there in Munich sascha? I know "Baden Baden" is not far ;) .......What ever it is it's giving you some extra creativity .............Keep the updates coming Ol' Pal......:arteest:

rattlesnake
11-10-2004, 08:02 AM
wow this looks really good...they feel alive...almost can touch it...but i dont cos my hand could melt...:D, the design is truly good my friend...i want to see more:bounce:

take2
11-10-2004, 08:32 AM
hi sasha,

bisher eine 1a arbeit, die du hier ab lieferst. vor allem das organische deiner carlumen ragt heraus. womit ich auch gleich beim punkt bin, willst du diese pilsdingens so metallisch lassen, oder ihnen ehr ein kraenklich, blasses, organisches aeusseres geben - stelle mir da eine an den weltraum angepasste spezies vor (?).

ich werd das hier aufmerksam weiterverfolgen. frohes schaffen so lang.

/e: was mir noch aufgefallen ist und fuer mich der einzige kritikpkt. waer ist, dass dein schwarzes loch keine richtung aufweisst. normal werden sie ja immer als strudel und tunnel dargestellt. die blitze wirken auch ein wenig losgeloest und scheinen aus keine best. richtung zu kommen, was argh mach 2d aussieht und die tiefe des wurmloches verdirbt.

ansonsten ganz großer sport bislang ^^

CybapunC
11-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Hey Sascha!

Phat Respect!!!
Looks really exciting and how the great
Virtuoso said it´s something new...
and in matter of space and sci-fi it´s hard to find things
that haven´t been made before in a similar way (i think
this sentence is no correct english, but hey :) ).
I mean it´s so unusual and cool ;)

*thumbs up*

Joshy the Fan :)

Saschi0815
11-10-2004, 10:33 AM
First of all: thanxx a lot, friends, for your nice comments. This pushes me to work harder making things better:)

@greentek: Just do it, mate! It's a pleasure that u like the design - but it would be good if u do not make absolutely the same thing:D aah btw it's not a mushroom, it's some sort of jellyfish ;-)

@Virtuoso: Thanks a lot my friend! Yeaah, in Munich, theres no simple water, only good old bavarian beer:beer: Cheers, Michael! PS: What's in your tea??? I wanna have this spice,too!

@rattlesnake: Hi Jorge,yes, keep your hands safety - u need them to continue your great work! Thanx a lot, dude!

@take²: Vielen Dank, Take²! Mit dem Shading+Texturing weiss ichs selbst noch nicht so genau - momentan ist es nur ein Testtextur. Die "Augen" werden irgendwo zwischen metallisch und gelartig rangieren. Der Körper irgendwie schleimig, aber trotzdem stabil (?). Die Innenstruktur wird auf jeden Fall leuchten (glow oder so). Auch werde ich wahrscheinlich mit SSS arbeiten.
Mit dem schwarzen Loch hast Du wirklich recht. Das ist nur als Test zu sehen, mit dem ich auch nicht zufrieden bin. Werde da natürlich noch Hand anlegen. Werde da diverse Partikelsysteme bemühen. Momentan ist da zuviel 2D Technik drin ;-)
Freue mich wenn Du meinen Thread folgst. Vielen Dank :-)))

@CybapunC: Hey Josh, many thanx for your kind words:-) I'm very impressed by your speed and especially your great skill of modelling charakters. So it's a pleasure to hear from u!
cya in your thread ;-)

Peace to all...

DimitrisLiatsos
11-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Man...what did u do here...this is so unique style....weeee ..congrats my friend...waiting for more :bounce:

pBarrelas
11-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah, outstanding work!! I can't wait to see more!:bounce:

Versiden
11-10-2004, 11:25 AM
crazy modelling!
looking great... Kinda looks like bread mould if you look at it under a microscope...

Nomad
11-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Yesss this is looking great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If I can make a suggestion I`m not sure that a reflecting material is good for this "skin" (sorry if it`s a test texture). As I wrote before something littely transparent shoud look great. Especially that you have amazing shapes here so if you build some elements inside and we can see them that will be visually fantastic. I attached few links to explain my idea:

http://kalinette.free.fr/imagran/meduse1.jpg
http://plongee.amiral.free.fr/phot/pict/album/cyanea.jpg
http://www.hunterpix.com/Media/squid.jpg

Lemog
11-10-2004, 12:07 PM
The new look of your design is incredible... it's a true beautiful way for me... really... If you have the good mind to do that... let's go Sasha :bounce:

Saschi0815
11-10-2004, 03:59 PM
@DimitrisLiatsos: Thanx, Dimi, but far away from your stuff, man - hope i will follow...:scream:

@pBarrelas: Thaaanx a lot, Paulo! Hope to post more this evening....ääh or not (?) ;-))

@Versiden:Moulded bread? Yes, it was my template for finding the idea and u've noticed it ;-) I've only looked in our refrigerator,buuääh , hehe ;-))) Many thanx, friend!:)

@Nomad: Thanks a lot for the kind comment, suggestions and especially the pics:thumbsup: What u saw were the inner things like veins, synapsis and ganglions. The outer hull will come and it will be transparent like your attached links. Hope I can replicate the nature....

@Lemog: Hi Laurent, thank u very much for your nice words - I'm happy that u like the way I'm doing :-))

Ok, now I'll hurry (after a good cigarette and coffee,yeahh!) at home to continue working...
cya

Jaba153
11-10-2004, 04:23 PM
supacoolmushrooms!!reallycoolconcept and greatmodellin' ya style's very good keep goin'bravo!

uwil
11-10-2004, 05:51 PM
:eek:. can't deny, i'm blown by those organic stuffs... keep updating. nice idea btw!

greentek
11-11-2004, 12:52 AM
@greentek: Just do it, mate! It's a pleasure that u like the design - but it would be good if u do not make absolutely the same thing:D aah btw it's not a mushroom, it's some sort of jellyfish ;-)

thanks for permission Sascha.. and i know that your ships are jellifishes.. and i won't make the same things exactly because i am going to create mushroom ships.. :D
anyway thanks mate! trying to be somehow useful for you as well i may offer my "nebula" DarkTree shader.. all you need to use this shader is free SimbionMAX plugin if you already don't have it..
you can see some samples of the shader here (http://www.owntv.com/pics/mix/Nebula10_noStars01.jpg), here (http://www.owntv.com/pics/mix/Nebula10_noStars02.jpg) and here (http://www.owntv.com/pics/mix/Nebula8.jpg).. and if you think it may be useful for you download shader from here (http://www.owntv.com/shaders/Nebula10_noStars_Final_01.rar)
shader is very flexible.. 8 colors, self-illumination, transparency and many other things like roughness and density are fully customazible in the tweaks menu.. so you can get endless variations for the compositing..
thanks again and keep great work up!:thumbsup:
cheers.. :beer: (heh.. good bavarian beer)

keetmun
11-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Very very stylish and interesting! Really exciting stuff!

:thumbsup:

Cheers
:buttrock:

gpepper
11-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Really like the render and the texturing of your spaceship ! keep the faith and go on !

daniloxl
11-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Those mushroom shaped things on the ship are an excellent idea...maybe it would be good if something is hapening to some of them...like they are transforming in some way...opening and reveling their interior, cabins which can also be filled with some organic looking stuff...
I thing you're on a good path to make something serious and inspiring to look at...
keep up the good work

Saschi0815
11-12-2004, 12:32 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100223119_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100223119_large.jpg)

...ähhmm here is my first WIP of a Car'lumen Weapon. It isn't finished yet - only just to show a small step forward...The texture will be more detailed and even the mesh itself, 'cause it's to rough.
Before I forget: the weapons aren't like slimy snakes, they have to be harder like some sort of reptilian skin, because of the hard rays they can send out. Ok, now I'll hurry to bed...

Good night...:-))

D-3
11-12-2004, 12:41 AM
nice idea, great concept and cool render.. hehehe
best luck man... i´m back foreward
c ya

Saschi0815
11-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi mates, thank u all for your continuing support:bowdown: I really appreciate that!
Sorry again for my slow progress - i feel in shame as i see your great entries...
and I'm really happy to take part in here with you all.

@greentek: You're welcome. Looking forward to see your mushroom ships...and many thanks for your links. It's really a good suggestion and I will try it:thumbsup: cheers back!

@ daniloxl: Cool idea. Thanks a lot for this!:) I'm going to try that!

Ooops, now back to work - my partner's looking angry about the time consuming ...
Hehe, no one won't stop me doing things I really want....

@all:Have fun!

Virtuoso
11-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Sascha..................Nice weapon plant........Organic to the Max...................I like the look very much..............You mentioned reptilian shell..................I would think that a man or alien made type of armor could also work with this organic plant,adding another look to all the organics of your project.................Or of course you could stay fully in the land of Organics..................Well you know I'll be watching as best I can.....Have fun and keep the wonderful ideas and execution coming............:arteest: :arteest:

greentek
11-12-2004, 03:31 PM
hi Sascha..
yesterday i posted wires of my mushroom-like 'Hellbringer' ship.. please, take a look at it and tell me if it's very similar to your ships.. if it is i make some other model.. i'm serious.. :)
thanks in advance and cheers..

centavrus
11-13-2004, 05:55 AM
cool:scream: i wish you do your best to the end Sascha!

Nomad
11-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Verry cool :thumbsup: your bio design is taking shape. Great work, keep it up :bounce:

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 01:47 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100486828_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100486828_large.jpg)

Hi friends, i think the modelling is near the finsihing line :-) Hope someone like this style. Above u see a view from the inside of a Car\\\'lumen destroyer. there u can see some veins and synapsis from the living spaceship. The textures and the shaders aren\\\'t fix yet, maybe i change them after positioning them in the main composition in a future far away ;-))

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 01:48 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100486927_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100486927_large.jpg)

...another view from the inside...

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 01:50 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100487034_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100487034_large.jpg)

...now a view from behind...yes - the arse ;-))

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 01:51 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100487110_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100487110_large.jpg)

...from the side...

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 01:52 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100487165_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100487165_large.jpg)

...more detailed view...

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 01:54 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100487284_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100487284_large.jpg)

Here we go: the last one :-)))
The overall-style is a little bit different - hope u like it... Comments and Critics are as always appreciated :-)
Have a good night.

Vittorius
11-15-2004, 02:12 AM
WOW love the new stuff, so mysterious and fantasy...Keep up the great work:applause:

My CG Challenge XVI - Grand Space Opera - 3D Thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=185732)

Kaksht
11-15-2004, 04:38 AM
Hello Saschi.
Nice work of yours there :) As you said, it diferent from everyone else, but i like it, its abstracks but at the same moment, really concentrated, thumbs up!
Good luck in the final! :thumbsup:

greentek
11-15-2004, 04:55 AM
wow.. very nice Sascha! very, very nice! wow..
looks simply wonderful! :thumbsup: great stuff mate!
keep it up and cheers.. :beer:

take2
11-15-2004, 05:57 AM
its really great and individual stuff you present here. but do yourself and us a favour and go on working on it! pls dont let yor mf end happen again!

puh, habs mal auf englisch versucht, gar net so einfach ^^ lass es weiter so krachen!

Lemog
11-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Your project is so wonderfull... most powerfull and most sensitive... I hope for you the best things my friend :thumbsup:

Versiden
11-15-2004, 08:13 AM
biologically stunning

how did u do the shader texture on the tentacles? it looks great

keetmun
11-15-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm thinking the shader has something to do with falloff right? It looks so complete right now, I doubt it'll need any textures! Really.

Cheers!

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi all, thanx again for your nice and sweet comments. I really appreciate that:buttrock:

@Vittorius,Kaksht,greentek,take²,Lemog: Thank u all very much. I'm really happy that u like the stuff. I've got some doubts about the style...now I can finish the Car'lumen this week. I will produce two ore three more different ships, maybe a spacestation....but the time, you know..hope i can make it... lifetime is running away...too fast...

@Versiden,keetmun: the tentacles are made with a kind of x-ray shader with some falloff experiments in it... Happily it's working :-))
But the mainbody(the hull) is a mix material from a translucent shader combined with a bitmap made in PS. It took 2 days to get the desired look....for that i should use a cray:eek:

pBarrelas
11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Let me tell you Sacha, that this is great work!! I really like it, keep on!!:thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Wonderful work! I really like this one, the organic modeling and shading are super - very inspiring:thumbsup:

KennyM
11-15-2004, 02:15 PM
this organic spacey look is mindblowing, I want a big version of this over my bed on a poster :bounce:

the wifey would kill me, but I honestly do:scream:

nuclearman
11-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Sascha, the organic modeling you've done is superb, and especially effective in the renders you posted of the interior of the Car'lumen. The only part I have any qualms with is the overwhelming and unbroken whiteness of the front part, which begs to have some translucent "bio-circuitry" or just some little detail added so it doesn't jar with the complexity of the other organic components. But that, of course, is just a minor quibble; this *is* truly gorgeous work! Look forward to keeping a closer eye on your progress!

Squibbit
11-15-2004, 03:39 PM
yeppy yep, more organic stuff , sweet ! :thumbsup:

JamesMK
11-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Positively marvellous renders here! :bounce:

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
@pBarrelas: Thank u Paulo, for your ongoing support here:thumbsup:

@Gunilla:Thanx a lot, Gunilla. Glad that u like it :-)

@KennyM: Hahaha - wifes are doing always the same: they don't understand us:twisted:
...and many thanx for such a compliment....but don't u think it's good to wake up with such ugly and evil species...jellyfish for breakfast....;-)

@nuclearman: Yes, you're right with that overwhelmig white:thumbsup:, this comes from the environment (gradient ramp) and some glows. Later on, the space should be slightly reflected. But i try to bring in some little organic touches. Thank u for your objection, mate and of course the sweet words....

cheers:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 03:57 PM
@Squibbit: Many thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :-) :scream:

@JamesMK: thanks, man - be the jellyfish-god with u :eek:

gpepper
11-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Your renders are really cool ! Love the way your project goes !

CybapunC
11-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Hi Sascha,

hui, looks really amazing! Doesn´t look like 3D.
Looks more like paited... Supernice :)

Greetz!

gpepper
11-15-2004, 06:35 PM
iS IT POSSIBLE TO SEE ANY WIRE

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 08:35 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100554501_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100554501_large.jpg)

..the requested wires...

Many thanx for replies. Chhheeeeerrrres :-))

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 08:37 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100554620_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100554620_large.jpg)

...wiring around...

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 08:38 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100554726_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100554726_large.jpg)

...now i'm wireless... for today ;-)

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 10:24 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100561090_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100561090_large.jpg)

...here is the final weapon symbiont which is really a useful companion for the jellyfish warships....the symbiont gives ultraevil rayenergy into the brotherhood of extraterrestrial horror <-> the jellyfish warship take it to places no symbiont can imagine...ahh, btw the symbiont is an intelligent lifeform with natural targeting systems and integrated energy production units which are fed by the gravitational forcefields in the space...especially found at ship implosions...

Saschi0815
11-15-2004, 10:28 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100561301_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100561301_large.jpg)

...many thanx, Nuclearman, for your suggestion - hope it's better now... :-)

DimitrisLiatsos
11-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey Sascha....what have u done man ? :love: :banghead: :love: ...not only the approach is so unique...but also the modleing and that FREAKIN BUBBLE NUTS SHADERS...U better find a way to have one of these really close to camera in your final compo...amazing shaders.... :bounce: ...keep it up friend.....maybe some shading networks for us if u find the time... :bounce:

centavrus
11-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Just one word -SUPER!:thumbsup:

greentek
11-16-2004, 05:14 AM
wow Sascha..
great update with avatar!!!
nice to see you !!! :D
cheers mate.. :beer:

JamesMK
11-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Looks absolutely fabulous! I'm sorry but I can't come up with a single shred of crits really... fantastic work really.

Lemog
11-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Really unique, I'm always filled with wonder...
Your new avatar is very...

...rose :thumbsup:

terraarc
11-16-2004, 09:02 AM
Man this Car'lumen ship-mbiosis looks absolutely organic and fabulous! :bounce:

Keep us updated!

:beer:

(I hope I didn't miss the main thread action so far! I'll be watching over here)

Saschi0815
11-16-2004, 10:49 AM
@gpepper: Thanks a lot, mate!...

@CybapunC: Hi Josh, muchos gracias:) whats goiing on with your troopers? I'll visit your cool thread asap...

@Dimi:Oh man, i hate these shaders - they took so much time to render ...f"§$$§% refractions... thanxx a lot for your sweet words, friend - a word to these f§$%§$% shaders: after the contest I have to build up my website where all can download the mats, maybe with some descriptions...nut, but only the best regards to u:beer:

@centavrus: Thanx a lot, Gulchin:)

@greentek: hehe, i only want to show my brown face color after holiday....thanx mate :-)

@JamesMK: Hey mate, I'm sure u find a lot if u are willing to search, so pls don't search ! ;-) Many thanx, James!

@Lemog: Merci beaucoup, my friend! Your new avatar is very...

...rose i knew u like that, lolo...;-)))))))))))))

@terraarc: I'm really happy that u like it, thank u...!!!

Ok, next step is a spacestation for the Car'lumen Defencesystem......
once again thanx all for your support...
peace to all!

take2
11-16-2004, 01:07 PM
ja der shader ist verdammt geil und vor allem glaubhaft, aber was mich stoert - wahrscheinl. liegt es nur an der perspektive - dass diese antriebswurzeln so komisch, abgeknickt abstehen oder sind die schwenkbar?

great stuff.

AirbORn
11-16-2004, 01:10 PM
I am liking this design. :) Great job!

Very unique, very proportionate to all it's components, and looks cool too! Looking forward to more!

Saschi0815
11-16-2004, 02:59 PM
@take²: Gracias:) Die Triebwerke sind schwenkbar bzw. haben sie die Funktion den Kurs zu bestimmen...aber hast recht: blöde Perspektive. Da werde ich später d'rauf achten:thumbsup: Danke Dir...Manchmal schaut man echt zu lang auf was, und sieht solche Fehler nicht mehr,buuuääähh...

@AirbORn: Thanx a lot for your kind and sweet words. Hope u like it continuesely:D

cya

centavrus
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
:deal: I have small amusing lesson on texturing for you - I has developed it recently.
When you have free time you can simply knock on a surface of various subjects (wall, wooden chair, the glasswares etc.) .The sound will give you an idea with what there should be a surface of your objects from which of materials it is possible them make. You must feel the surface and talk with it :)If it will help please let me know!

nuclearman
11-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Sascha, the adjustments to the shield portion really help unify the image -- excellent job! And many thanks for posting such an informative, and beautifully presented, series of wireframes. I gather you're using mental ray for the rendering, so I quite sympathize with the slow render times on diffraction. :-) I'd planned to have some significant updates on my own thread, but the test renders utilizing different glass shaders have been sloooooooow. Best of luck on the Car'lumen spacestation -- I cringe when I think about the render times for that!

Borro
11-17-2004, 12:41 AM
WOW WOW WOW thats awesome! The shader looks super hyper great lol! I totaly love it! I believe we all love the shader! Modeling is great too!

WazaR
11-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Of the various attempts of other challengers, yours is THE serious contendor for mecho-orgainc design. I appreciate the contrast from the more harsh mech-organic work of Giger, and the soft translucent style you are implementing. You could in fact even go so far as to say that your creations do not appear very threating, though as strange as they may be. In fact I would say that these "organisims" are not alive. The low saturation of the colors reminds me of how insects are preserved in muesums, and in particular moths. Your images have that look of
"once" live now relics floating listlesslly in space. In a very obsture refrance, they look like the old dead metorids from the game Super Metriod for the SNES.

I enjoy your work. Keep it up.
Buena suerte amigo.

take2
11-17-2004, 06:12 AM
great idea centavrus, i`ve never thought about it but you are totaly right, this helps a lot. thanx ^^

gpepper
11-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Simply amazing... Love the renders and the texture and the modeling ! For me it's the best project of the contest ! Very original ! You had my vote !

Just one question, Which render do U use ?
Any scrennshot of your shaders ?

SUN
11-17-2004, 10:45 PM
................................................................................
....................................................................................................
great great great great great GREAT GREAT ART:thumbsup:
post more updates
........................................................................................................
...................................................................................

Virtuoso
11-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Been away for a few days,and coming back to this is a pleasure.............sascha......I really like the look and feel,the execution is wonderful.I feel your piece has a strong ethereal mood,a cant explain technology,something that probably would be the case if we here on earth met up with beings from "Out" there..................looking very nice,and surreal in ways,but beautiful in others,very nice sascha,keep it up,all the way,this will be a very fine creation/project............:arteest: :beer:

WyattHarris
11-18-2004, 05:49 PM
First I must say that I haven't been reading your posts, I've simply been marveling at how good everything looks.

So, having said that I don't know what your concept is but your renders are the best I've seen in the whole challenge so far.

Saschi0815
11-18-2004, 10:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100820886_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1100820886_large.jpg)

Hi,
here is my 1st wip of a Car'lumen Spacestation - what u can see is the main body only without different symbionts or other stuff a Car'lumen spacestation needs. oohh...it's not really right with the word "station" - it should be more like a space fortress with really bad, evil weapons ...
Next step is to build a lot of tentacles, weapon symbionts, organic missiles and so on...

Hope u like it and C+C is always appreciated. Thanx for watching...:-)))

greentek
11-18-2004, 10:54 PM
hi Sascha..
about the model of the space station for me everything is clear.. your unique style shows itself very well..
but i have to ask you - is this shading a final version? i think it somhow doesn't look properly.. space station looks like it's frozen.. should it look like frozen?

Saschi0815
11-18-2004, 11:04 PM
@centavrus: Extraordinary and outstanding idea, and.... it really works with solid structures like wood and metal...it's wondrous, but right:eek: Great, Gulchin - it truly helps:-)
Thank u very much for this trick and for your continuing kind words...we'll see us in your thread again ...;-)

@nuclearman: Hey mate, thanks so much for your advice about the shader...:thumbsup: ...i use finalrender, but the settings could work with MR too, cause I don't use specific ones...
Best wishes back, dude for your rendering work...Thanx again for your words :-))

@Borro: Thank u very much for the compliments. I think my face is filled with red color now ...:-)

@WazaR: Muchos gracias! How do Metriods look alike??? Are they as evil as my Car'luemn? ;-))) Hope they aren't....thanks a lot for your words, man!!!

@gpepper: Wow, thanks for that statement, but I believe i'm a little light between absolut great artists... i'm only here to learn from other, and especially to have fun...
I use finalrender from CEBAS. A screenshot from the materialeditor will follow... but not tonight - i'm too tired now, pls excuse....

@SUN: thanks!thanks!thanks!thanks!thanks ... a lot ;-))

@Virtuoso: Hey Michael, i'm really happy that u stopped by a little....thanx a lot for your great comments! I'm looking forward to see your new updates,always a pleasure to watch the work from a master of highpoly-modelling ! :-)))

@WyattHarris: Many thanks, Wyatt for your sweet words I really appreciate them...but I think u haven't seen all the threads - there are so much better than mine...but I'm very happy that u like my stuff....:-))

@all: peace and have fun. thanx all for stopping by....:wavey:

Saschi0815
11-18-2004, 11:11 PM
@greentek: hi mate, thanks for your comment, especially the crit:thumbsup: The shading is similar to the destroyer, but my lights here are not right - it's the 1st wip... But you're really right -the shaders-appearing should be better.... Thank you,Paul ! Stay tuned - maybe I can finish the fortress this weekend....puuuhhh:scream:

cya in your thread....have a good night...cheers:beer:

Lemog
11-19-2004, 05:35 AM
whaw... friend ! you don't stop to work very hard... bad comments or crits are impossible for me... and for the moment... I'm drinking your beautifull pictures... it's too much different that I have imagined of you before. Then... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: -> 5 thumbs... it's the better thing to explain my feeling.

don't stop... go go go... more pictures :love:

Nomad
11-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Man the space station looks great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One question, maybe I missed that, will you put "humanoid aliens" inside the space station? Will we can see one of them from close?

terraarc
11-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Space Station?

:eek::surprised

AWSOME TEXTURRRRRRR!

nothing to crit here!

Happy texture/modelling! :)

overcontrast
11-19-2004, 09:24 AM
hey looks nice man, keep it up man :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
11-19-2004, 10:17 AM
i love the look of your materials...i was wondering: once u have all models ready..How mucj time is going to take rendering?...i think u are using some raytrace dont u? cos those materials looks really great...hope u havent any troubles when rendering...anyway ...i wanted to say that i really like your style...very original and lots of quality from you!...:buttrock:

AirbORn
11-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Interesting, I hope that there is some seense of scale in your composition later on. I love the design but it is hard to tell how big this station really is :)

Saschi0815
11-21-2004, 11:04 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101038645_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101038645_large.jpg)

....the more refined Car'lumen space station - on the top you can see a bred missilelauncher. It shoots plasma-missiles very similar to the very big bugs from "Starship Troopers"...many weapon symbionts are around the lower border of the fortress...The fortress is moveable through a squid like propulsion (contract + belch) using the natural force fields of space.
Hope u like the new pics...C+C are really welcome ;-)))

Saschi0815
11-21-2004, 11:06 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101038768_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101038768_large.jpg)

...a more detailed view fom outside and inside (ganglions and synapsis)...

Saschi0815
11-21-2004, 11:09 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101038971_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101038971_large.jpg)

...a view from below....

Saschi0815
11-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Many, many thanks all !!! It's a great honor to get such nice comments especially from great artists as u are:bowdown:

@Lemog: I'm drinking your beautifull pictures... it's ...hmmm, i think there's is better stuff in your wine cellar - especially you are a frenchman...thank u, my friend !

@Nomad:Tha´nks a lot, dude! No, for the composition in this challenge i don't need any Car'lumen Chars - but it would be interesting, how they look like...maybe i create some of them - if i have time, the old matter, u know...:-)) Perhaps u will see an Y'rr in front of the composition (like a traditional movie poster) - Y'rr are humanoid......

@terraarc: Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,man....:-)))))))))))))))))))))

@:overcontrast: thank u for stopping by... hope u'll like the updates....:-)

@rattlesnake: Thanx a lot, Jorge for your nice words...yes , a litte bit raytracing for the refraction, but it takes not much time as it seems....I pray to the god of computers to finish my renders this time...keep your fingers crossed for me:-)))

@AirbORn: Thank u - yes, later on u'll see the scale of all objects...My way is to model and finish first the single parts of the composition (my poly counts will be too much so i can't render them together) , then i'll arrange them for the final...

Best wishes and have fun today:beer: :wavey:

markovicd
11-21-2004, 11:41 AM
some wicked idea + style there!
i just dont like colors they are to bright for me :(... but it is just me :)

artemesia66
11-21-2004, 11:44 AM
This is some amazing work. No crits from me. just wanted to clamp the thread, and watch your progress. Keep going. :thumbsup:

Nomad
11-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Man thats great :applause:

And thats will be fun to see how the hunmanoid Car'lumen Chars looks... I hope you`ll have the time to show one of them.. I have the same problem in my challenge :argh: time, time, time... :banghead:

Keep the great art :thumbsup:

Versiden
11-21-2004, 12:12 PM
hola..

2 thumbs up, it's looking really great. I think your entry is the only one to have organic fighters.. very unique man!

gogo.. support all the way..
ciao

pm_ceglowski
11-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Thats wicked man! Keep doing this great job!

greentek
11-21-2004, 01:31 PM
hi Sascha..
man.. thats absolutely fantastic!!! with this lighting scheme the whole look of your objects is perfect i think!!! great mate!! really great stuff!!! your shaders look very realistic and very fantastic at the same time.. great! :thumbsup:
how long it takes to render?
untill later and cheers :beer:

Crusty_Butt
11-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Great what you're doing here. I love the modeling and the incandescent look you have going.

I think there are parts that can't decide if they want to glow or not and could go more toward one extreme. It might be nice to see a lot of black shading in the lower body, or if you go the other way, a lot of white glows. More contrast is what I gess I'm trying to say.

Your work reminded me of the thread I saw a while back. I'm not trying to compare your work, or say you should do this type of thing, I just thought you would appreciate this:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=87670

Rock on. I love what you have done so far.

-Bret

Saschi0815
11-22-2004, 12:52 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101088376_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101088376_large.jpg)

Here is another part of the Car'lumen Space Defence Systems: a corvette - small and fast, made for kamikaze-attacks....a living jellyfish-bomb without fear...

Saschi0815
11-22-2004, 12:54 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101088491_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101088491_large.jpg)

...another views from the sweetie of the Car\'lumen....

Saschi0815
11-22-2004, 12:57 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101088669_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101088669_large.jpg)

...ok - I think thats all for the Car'lumen - here is a comparison of the scales...next step will be the warships of the Y'rr...

Hope u like the defences of the Car'lumen...C+C are appreciated...:-)
Thanks for watching...:-)))))

terraarc
11-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Looking awsome!:thumbsup:
The texturing looks great! Really organic both models and textures.
A humble suggestion: Wouldn't be nice to put some kind of threat color inside the small kamikaze's unit head, just to decrare a "kapow" or a "boom", or maybe a "WATCH OUT I'M COMING!" ?

Waiting for Y'rr!

:)

Tremoside
11-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Hi Saschi,

Simply amazing job...all i can do just wish you the best. This organic shape is a piece of art.

Textures also lookin awesome. DO IT MAN!

I will keep an eye on this,

Tremo

Lemog
11-22-2004, 09:35 AM
It's very important to see the scale difference... it's better to understand... better to appreciate your concept... and your fertil imagination :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
11-23-2004, 11:38 AM
the fleet is looking amazing mate!...i never imagine this concept for the challenge and thats what make it extraordinary...very origianl and youre doing it just great...i cant wait for looking your final pic...but i dont want too miss your updates...so i better keep enjoying the show!!

KennyM
11-23-2004, 11:46 AM
fabulous! everyone of them should get a place on the wall :buttrock:

this is gonna be a brilliant piece of work when they are all put together:thumbsup:

Versiden
11-23-2004, 11:55 AM
great stuff... when you start the Y'rr it will be a good contrast of different worlds and technology..

hhssuu
11-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Wow great stuff. There seems too be quite a few organic themed pieces in this competition (my buildings are organic as well :)). Your stuff been great, i really love the shading in your work and the organic forms are presented well in your model too. Cool stuff:thumbsup:

Virtuoso
11-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Organic with a capital "O" :arteest: .................Beautiful and exotic.......free forms,jelly-fish like,smooth and vibrant.................I think as much "Intensity" as you can get into these "texture wise" will be vital,very important sascha.................I think you are doing an excellent job,a very unique one too,fluid and beautiful................Keep it on the fastest of the fast lanes (Autobahns.....I just love them ;) )......Looking fantastic Sascha.......I'll be watching always the progress with great interest.............:arteest: :beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Sascha...man..i really get a wild kick every time i see your work....it's amazing how difficult and visionaire your aproach is ...i can't do this man..wow...Me likes very much the Destroyer :thumbsup: :love:

I am happy 'cuase i see u have fun with this....

D-3
11-23-2004, 10:46 PM
very nice man!! this remember me the METROID heheeh very cool dude!!!

keep up!!!
best luck man!!

keetmun
11-24-2004, 04:28 AM
Very classy and elegant. This is the kind of beauty we need in CG.

Cheers!

lehmi
11-24-2004, 07:58 AM
looks really cool and solid. Only thing I have to crit is how the lower "tentacles" end... it looks just so "meshsmoothed-box" like... maybe you want to give 'em a more interesting ending... not just like a smoothed stupid stick ;)

rest is superb!
can't wait to see more!

nuclearman
11-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Hi, Sascha,

Congratulations on completing the Car'lumen fleet! The modeling and texturing continues to astound. Indeed, everything feels so organic -- smooth, but slightly asymmetrical -- that the missile launcher, with its simpler texturing and perfectly spherical center looks slightly out of place in the scene -- though, on second look, perhaps this is primarily a result of the way it shows up against the background you've placed it in front of.

All of which raises another point: having seen the beautiful background plate of the wormhole, have you tested any of the Car'lumen fleet against the intended colors? I'm very curious as to how the different type of lighting and stronger colors affect the look of what you've so painstakingly built.

Good luck on the next phase of construction; should be a fascinating contrast!

adr
11-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Amazing update Sascha your piece of work is unique and original , the destroyer looks perfect .

We want more updates man :wip: :wip: :wip:

uwil
11-25-2004, 03:28 AM
very organic and very very VERY...heheh. your renders catch my attention Saacha. eye candy:thumbsup:

Rui_Padinha
11-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Hey Sascha!

Glad to meet a fellow Jellyfisher! Curious how a lot of people got inspiration from these graceful creatures for a Space Opera contest! I'm actually going on a more photoreal direction, and will try to keep very close to the resemblance of real jellyfishes, but I really love what you're coming up with. Nice concepts and great detailed modelling... keep up the good stuff :thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Wow Sascha - that jellyfish of yours is amazing! lovely, absolutely lovely :)

pBarrelas
11-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Yeah Sascha, very nice work!! Once again, i think that you're going in the right direction!! Keep on!!

Saschi0815
11-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi friends, just stopped by to say that I'm still alive and to thank u all for your ongoing support, critics ( I will fix some things next time) and your kind words:bowdown:

I've got very much work this time, but I hope I can post some new stuff this weekend....so this is the reason why i don't come to your threads, friends.. It's a shame, I know that - but work's much more important than fun.....aaarrh hate this sentence, my mother always told me as I were a little bird......best wishes and we see us asap:beer: :wavey:

Saschi0815
11-28-2004, 08:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101678424_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101678424_large.jpg)

....Hi all who watch my little thread here: Above u see a 1st rough model of the Y'rr....
...The Y'rr ships are made for attacking and invading poor species...After winning (as usual and always in their universe)they plant their warships in the motherearth of the inferior race to take over the might forever.... From the supressed population the warships are called "the flying castles of fright".

Saschi0815
11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101678775_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101678775_large.jpg)

...and a little more refined model of the warship for all wire-lovers ;-))

Saschi0815
11-28-2004, 08:55 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101678923_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1101678923_large.jpg)

...another view of the refined model...
Still working on it - but C+C is much aprreciated, u know :-)))

Peace to all...

Lemog
11-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Just 3 words -> Fan-Tas-Tic :thumbsup: for instance, nothing to crit... I'm waiting that's follow :bounce:

greentek
11-28-2004, 09:24 PM
hey!! welcome back Sascha! :thumbsup:
yeah.. you don't spend a time for nothing.. great city! reminds me Moscow..
heh.. it's curious.. i don't like Moscow.. your city greatly reminds me it but your city i like a lot.. :hmm: hhmmm... paradox!

:D great work Sascha without any sentence.. very contrastive to your jelly-fishies.. :)
keep it up friend and cheers.. :beer:

uwil
11-28-2004, 11:10 PM
:eek: Sascha! the wires keeps me staring on the screen for a while.... keep updating!:thumbsup:

Virtuoso
11-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Keep it coming Sascha........this is one of the most unique entries,and done it top fashion......I love the flow and smoothness,plus the surreal and potential glow effects with vibrant colors is outstanding.........go at it hard,your work looks very nice,and fresh to the senses......I'll be looking for more in the next update...............take care sascha......:arteest: :beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Just 3 words -> Fan-Tas-Tic :thumbsup: for instance, nothing to crit... I'm waiting that's follow :bounce:

..i surely second that...amazing work man! :thumbsup:

terraarc
11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
...lining up with above fellow CGTalkers and waiting for more! :)

keetmun
11-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Goodness I forget to visit and look what appears! There's so much life in your work Sascha! Can't wait to see more...

Maël
11-29-2004, 10:00 AM
heyI really love the concept ! remember me old 70's gothic starships...

Nomad
11-29-2004, 10:42 AM
This "castle ship" looks great :bounce: that will be interesting to see it textured and located in space :)

Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

ARSA
11-29-2004, 01:24 PM
interesting your floating fortress... I could suggest making it more wider, since it looks like a rocket to me... I mean, maybe you could separate the engine from the hull, or at least separate it from the main body in some way, where you can see the engine and the hull... You could use this piece as a center piece for the ship, fortress, then add the engines to this piece creating a bigger and more detailed piece. but the engine will be visible/notticible this time. Because I'm assuming those round things are some sort of engine to keep that huge thing floating around... right?

-cheers!

Rui_Padinha
11-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Hi Sascha!

Y'rr certainly on the right track here... the flying castles make great antagonists to the very organic (and might I add, strangely brocolli looking...mmm...) looking Car'Lumen vessels!

You could do some amazing stuff here concerning structural detail... the overall shapes are right on! A great reference for structural detail that evokes massive scale is the fortress in Final Fantasy IX... check it out (if you already didn't...)

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff9/wallpapers/03.jpg

Also a liitle crit... I think the domes on your Car'Lumen vessels are too smooth... a nice noise map in the bump channel, maybe mixing a larger one with a very small one for fine detail, would go a long way to a truly organic look imho...

That's it! Truly great stuff overall... keep them coming mate :thumbsup: !

Gunilla
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Ahhh - Sascha, this is so cool - I can't find anything else to say. Better just joining in the choir here ... Fan-Tas-Tic :thumbsup:

Saschi0815
11-30-2004, 09:16 AM
@Lemog - master of incredible details: Just three words back, my friend: Thanx a lot... I'm waiting for updates, too:D

@greentek: Never been is Moscow, but it could be great: u know russian people (especially the girls, ääähh(?) ) are very nice....thanx, mate for your compliments, they always give me a push to learn more...

@uwil: hope u like them, its only for some visual explanations how simple it was built up...

@Virtuoso: Hi Michael, it's always a pleasure to hear from you- the chiefmaster of unique style...I'm happy that u like my actual work...but I'm a little afraid of texturing (especially when I look in your stunning thread!)....thanx again, mate!

@DimitrisLiatsos: Thanx a lot, Dimitris - hope i can continue like that -damn unwrapping....aarrh!

@terraarc: Many thanks, dude!

@keetmun: What? u forget my thread? :wip: no sorry, no excuses..hahaha just kidding...it's great u found it again. thank u very much :-))

@Maël: 70ies look? Cool, i like this style of living. ohh my parents told me about this time....Thank u!

@Nomad: Really thanx, mate! After refining the model once more, i hope i will produce some good textures... I've got some ideas about in my mind - hope they work...

@ARSA: Many thanx for your comment:thumbsup: Yes, u're aright about the propulsion engines , and thats a really good point u stated....I will think about it to change something! Many thanx again!

@Rui_Padinha: Wow, that linked picture looks awesome. Thanxx a lot for this!..and thanx for your suggestion about the map: That's true, so in my detail work after making all the single parts of my composition I will change that....Thank u very much!

@Gunilla: Many, many thanx, Gunilla!:)

@all: Have fun!

JamesMK
11-30-2004, 11:02 AM
That warship/castle looks great - and it's also a nice contrast to the soft jellyfish structures... perfect combination it will be. It looks really hostile, the number one important thing for evil warships :thumbsup:

jamacsween
11-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Wow,

Looking really good. Like the translucency in your spacestation...thing...!

Really unusual stuff.

JA

linda
11-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Great Sascha what can i say you have my respect! your work is super super!

Jackmars
11-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Cool work.I like the concept here,organic looks good,real good.Posssibly a touch of more common structures would make the organic work stand out even more? Well no matter,I like this a whole lot.:applause: :applause: :applause:

Versiden
11-30-2004, 01:30 PM
the city looks awesome.. im always in awe ;p
the architecture and the inter-connections work well - good job bru

pBarrelas
11-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Very nice city!! I think that the architecture is very nice, keep on and i want to see more!!:thumbsup:

montclaris
12-02-2004, 01:12 PM
That's a very good concept. Very imaginative. The modeling and texturing are amazing so far.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Only the initial composition i don't like too much. I think it's not up to your standard quality level.
BTW, have you finished your Machine Flesh entry out contest ? (sorry if the question was already answered and i missed it)

Rock on !!! :buttrock:

Edit : not so constructive comment. sorry it was a bit late. since i couldn't find any comment about the composition concept, maybe there's not much to comment for the moment.
And now i like it :blush: .
Oh well... :bounce:

rattlesnake
12-02-2004, 05:56 PM
wow man...that last model u showed up it simply rocks!!
but i cant expect less from the very talented artist u are...very well done man!!

faridz7
12-02-2004, 06:19 PM
been following your thread from the start dude, love your concept and it looks like its turning out rather well! great work!

Saschi0815
12-18-2004, 12:55 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1103334933_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1103334933_large.jpg)

Hi ... actually i've got some private trouble, so this is the reason why i didn't post any progress last time... pls excuse the absence of little details ( i normally love) - my goal is to finish the contest at least...sad to say I can't "produce" enough spare time to do things better...anyway I try hard to not disappoint your eyes....
Here is my texture wip of the Y'rr warship...

...and merry christmas to all!!! :-))))

Best wishes to all...

Saschi0815
12-18-2004, 12:58 AM
oohh ...and thanks a lot to all who give me their support :buttrock: :) :scream:

Gunilla
12-18-2004, 06:08 AM
That update looks really good, just as expected - glad to see you back on track and good luck with completion. We still got pleeenty of time, right? :thumbsup:

Versiden
12-18-2004, 06:34 AM
heya, been waiting for an update from you ;p

it looks great dude.. texturing is looking really cool and very well done. I think the only thing it needs to complete it are little lights

keep up the great work, and I know you'll finish..
cheerz

theuni
12-18-2004, 10:35 AM
HI Saschi0815,

sad to hear that you got personal problems... I hope that you`ll find enough time to finish what you have begon cause it really rocks!!! Your warship looks fantastic. Keep it up!

Saschi0815
12-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Thank u very much Gunilla, Versiden and theuni. Your words give me some extra portion of power to keep the work up:thumbsup: :) ...ufff, and yes, we have still plenty of time....;-)))

@Versiden: Yes, mate thats right. I will bring them in when i build up the particle systems around the warships (should look like some sort of fire). But this step comes firstly after modelling all the parts...Thanks, Martin for your suggestion:)
Next step is to do a concept sketch for the Y'rr,'cause I want to show at least one charakter in my compo.... Hopefully I can start modelling it this weekend...

Peace to all. Have fun.

Saschi0815
12-18-2004, 03:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1103386000_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1103386000_large.jpg)

....and here it is: a seldom piece of a galactic race: a private sketch of an Y'rr warlord without any helmet. Usually they don't show their face to their enemies; the only thing u see - before a firesword ends your life - are their red glowing eyes...

Virtuoso
12-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Hi Sascha.....................I knew Elvis was still alive.....................;) .......Ok,actually,I like the style and look of this guy,really a cool look and interesting character........A bit elvis abit samuraii warrior,How can you go wrong with that combo.....right?:cool:

.................The architecture,the towers are nice and wil be a good contrast to the more organic work shown earlier.........

................Just pace yourself,and do what you can,keep what is vital,the essential pieces,than with time permitting get those extras in............But I would say never compromise your work with quick rush jobs.........In the long run for your portfolio it would be best to see this finished in the weeks after the challenge as best as you can get it,than some rushed and not as polished finished challenge entry.........The results for the challenge will not be as good if it's rushed anyways........I think you can get this done just as you planned,and done in top form still,and I will certanly root for you,but always go for it as best you can and dont allow time to spoil something with such great potential.......

..............Ok,heres to you getting this done on time and exactly as you have dreamed it up to be......I think you have some excellent work/art already,and hope to see more all the time.........heres to you sascha...........:arteest: :beer:

terraarc
12-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Nice to see you back man! Texturing looks quite promising...need some lights to show off better me thinks...:)

Your Warlord concept has some comix-lines on it but surely looks dominant...waiting for the model....:wavey:

Nomad
12-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Hello Sacha, nice to see you`re back, I hope you`ll can finish with a nice picture at the end :D

The textures looks already exellent :thumbsup:

Saschi0815
12-20-2004, 12:36 AM
@Virtuoso: yep, you're right, Michael - thanks for your advice - it keeps me back on track doing things not in hurry...and thank u for your compliments, they're like candy - always on the run for them...:scream: ...hehe... and Elvis? He lives. And he is an Y'rr. My storyline is not a fake - it's true! ....:rolleyes:

@terraarc + Nomad: Thanks a lot, mates, for your permanent support and visiting this lil' thread....:beer:

....ääähhmm and a big sorry to all: My spare time tends to zero, and I've got to less time to visit your great threads....so pls excuse. In a near future I will visit them all - I'm looking forward to watch all the great progress you've done in the last few weeks....

Peace to all. Have fun.

Saschi0815
12-20-2004, 12:40 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1103506830_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1103506830_large.jpg)

...hi again, here is a first model of the Y'rr warlord with no texture, hairs and ears...they will be made eventually this week, but for sure next weekend (äähh maybe ;-))... It's a rough model done with classic boxmodelling + sds.
Hope u like this beginning...

Peace to all

terraarc
12-20-2004, 06:46 AM
Nice progress Sascha! :) The model looks fair to the concept, without hair of course! I think it's strong point is the profil. Waiting for some more!

JamesMK
12-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Yes, the profile in particular looks cool and stylized. :thumbsup:

You'll want to tweak the lips a bit though - the corners seem to be protruding, and the upper edge of the upper lip is a bit to strong IMHO.

Lemog
12-20-2004, 08:36 AM
I'm so curious to see the next step of him... the entire design... and the look in accordance with your previous work... then... courage man :thumbsup: you already done an incredible work...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi Sascha..sorry for not posting so many days...but i was watchig friend and u are doing great job :thumbsup:.

Now if i may offer some help...

Yes, the profile in particular looks cool and stylized. :thumbsup:

You'll want to tweak the lips a bit though - the corners seem to be protruding, and the upper edge of the upper lip is a bit to strong IMHO.

..also i think mouth could be a little smaller in horizontal....and the back angle of Jaws is going too..back...The angle should meet the vertical line coming out of where ears will be...also i think the Jaw line has big angle from horizontal...make a smaller angle there.....Just my humble thoughts my friend although i am not an expert on this.....keep going :bounce: :)

EDIT... u can make the chin go up a little ..the last angle i was refering will fix a lot i think :)

Saschi0815
12-26-2004, 01:12 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104027167_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104027167_large.jpg)

...hi friends, thanxx a lot for your critics and suggestions (especially Dimi!) ...hope now its better....got a little time over x-mas, so i finished modelling and began to texture him... hope u like his skin...next step is to create his hair ...don't know yet how to handle that, but...learning is my mission...:-)))

best to u,mates... have fun!

Rui_Padinha
12-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi there Sascha!

Nice progress on your warlord model, however, I think you can greatly improve it by using more anatomy references...

Some areas that need some work imho are the neck, jaw and cheeckbone, and the ears...

Adapting human anatomy to an imaginary humanoid character is probably the most important factor for credibility. Because we know our own bodies we tend to look for familiar elements in humanoids. After all, even if only on a subconscious level we are all anatomy experts, we are used to see it "live" every day!!!

Sometimes when we try recreating some features from our visual memory alone we get some results that are just a little bit off. But even then our eye perceives it as strange...the solution? Using references all the time!!! That's what they're there for! :)

I use a lot of references from this site ( it has saved my life time and time again... )

http://www.fineart.sk/

Give it a try and tell me what you think...

Take care mate, and good luck :thumbsup:

Lemog
12-28-2004, 06:24 AM
mmmmmh... very good work Sasha... I agree with Rui... it's the most important to have some good references... also it's an humanoid... the spectator understand a picture with his references... well, result is awesome for me... the rest now my friend :bounce:

Virtuoso
12-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Hi Sascha..............:wavey: ........really nice to see you continue here.This guy will be a fine addition to your entry..........To me the ear orbit could be more realsitic,more evident in the shot you have shown.......But...............This guy is not really fully human now is he.......? So this being pretty much a "realsitic toon" a caricature of sorts this can be overlooked without problems.......Who is to say exactly what this type beings features are.........he is not a full human......so the freedom is there......

The cheekbones look great to me....very defined and they really give this guy alot of "Character"........He kind of looks like that "Olephant Rider" from the last LOTR movie".....do you recall him?..........Angular and sharp..........:arteest:

.......All in all a very nice piece of work,and a great addition to your Organic creations.......Your doing a very nice job here,and a nice unique touch is evident with all of your work here.......Keep this up,really nice effort and results.......:buttrock:

Divaise
12-28-2004, 10:47 AM
good texturing skills ! and cool glow eyes ;) good luck I support your entry cya

Saschi0815
12-28-2004, 05:34 PM
...puuh after the whole x-mas-meetings with mum and dad i have a little spare time to tweak my Y'rr model...hope all of u enjoyed this christmas and had/have a good time:)

First of all: thanx a lot, Rui, Laurent, Michael and Divaise for your comments, critics and suggestions...:bowdown:
Concerning to your advices for modelling: yes - u're right with that...templates are the way to do things more realstic. but as Michael stated, who knows anything about the Y'rr and their anatomy...hehe .. so I have a great excuse for the mistakes I made:twisted: ...just kidding ;-)
Later on with some lights and atmo the bad things won't be seen, especially when the hair is in place.... and I'm a little in hurry...don't know anything about hair creation in Max... imho the ears are the most bad thing here, aren't they?

Anyhow, thanx again for your advices and suggestions - in these CGTalk Contests and with all these great threads in here i learn more than in school...so pls. continue your c+c's!

have fun and peace to all

Saschi0815
12-29-2004, 01:43 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104288220_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104288220_large.jpg)

...hi again... here is a version of the head with some small modifícations on the bump...

Saschi0815
12-29-2004, 01:49 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104288561_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104288561_large.jpg)

...and here is my first pic of the hairs... concerning to my everlasting time problem i'm satisfied with this... hey- it was my first hair-creation...:-)
I would be very happy if someone can give me tips to do the hairy things better...
have a nice evening ahh morning ;-))

KennyM
12-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Sascha, I totally lost track of the time and in rushing to get my stuff done, I haven't visited your thread in a while :blush: I must say incredible progress you made, love the model, impressive texture work and awesome hair :twisted:

your final piece is going to be a beauty:thumbsup:

rashaverak
12-29-2004, 02:34 AM
u really take care of yr milestones!

theuni
12-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Hi again,

looks real great your hair ehhh I mean the hair of your model :love: Reminds me a bit of a shaved wolfen man out of x-men :) But looks really great man... let it come!

JacquesPena
12-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Your hair addition looks great, especially for your 1st. Takes alot of process for me when it comes to hair, but you did a great addition to your figure. :)

rattlesnake
12-29-2004, 06:05 PM
hey friend....your texturing looks very nice...very great details!....i was wondering about the eyes...are the going to be just a glow?...
he looks evil and thats nice....:thumbsup:

Saschi0815
12-31-2004, 02:35 AM
hi all,

many, many thanxx for your replies. I'm really happy that someone likes my style:)
...and again, friends, pls. excuse that i didn't visit your threads - my time's to less...hope my spare time grows in the next days, so I will look for your latest works.... can't await to see what u do....:bounce:

@rattlesnake: hi Jorge, nice to hear from you and thanks for stopping by:) ...hmm another friend asked me about the eyes.. i wanted to show only the red glows- looks really evil imho! But maybe, I try another idea like an albino style or so...hmmm...don't know yet...what do u think?

Saschi0815
12-31-2004, 03:25 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104467157_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104467157_large.jpg)

hi again, back to show u a little step forward to the final piece...here is the first wip of a helmet the Y'rr warrior wear. In the final composition i wanna show some of the warriors in the background...

The helmet needs a texture for diffuse and bump. Maybe tomorrow ....(?) :-))Hope someone like it....
C+C+suggestions are as always really appreciated :-)))

_Have fun_
cya

keetmun
12-31-2004, 04:00 AM
Helmet looks great, got some very nice texturing going on. The hair looks really good, but I worry if it will slow down your computer somewhat... Seems like you're using a very good hair system here.

Cheers!

YasushAzush
12-31-2004, 04:45 AM
perfect texturing:thumbsup: mybe some dirt

Lemog
12-31-2004, 05:30 AM
Haaaaaaa... very impressive helmet :thumbsup: ... I'm sure the guy like it... maybe for the moment it was a bit to clear, no ?...
go Sascha :bounce:

http://lemog.free.fr/GSO/bonus/hny2005_ban.jpg

Gunilla
12-31-2004, 05:42 AM
Hey Sascha! Glad to see you back on track and with such cool updates :thumbsup:

I've lost track of how you plan the final comp to be... you haven't skipped the geourgeous jellifish, have you? Will it and the floating city be in the background?

Keep it up - there is still some time ... and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Virtuoso
12-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Cool helmut,cool everything.You got it going really fine......Now take a small break my hard working friend.......and...............A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to your and you loved ones.....All the best to you......:beer: :beer:

Lemog
12-31-2004, 09:47 AM
Cool helmut,cool everything.
Helmut Cool... mouahahahahahahahahah... put your helmut on your head and go away to see if it's better cool... really good joke Michael :thumbsup:

shiela_G
12-31-2004, 05:23 PM
hi Sascha,

Eeek that's scary but cool character, and nice face bumps. Keep up! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Nomad
12-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Great helmet Sasha :thumbsup:

I wish you a Happy New Year !!

Saschi0815
12-31-2004, 06:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104520808_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104520808_large.jpg)

Hi friends,

here is my textured helmut ;-))) (...kohl??)...with an Y\\\'rr under it...

Saschi0815
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
many thanx for all your nice comments...and now lets go party:scream: ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2005+ ALL THE BEST TO U ALL ...

I'm really happy taking part in this great community.... Thanx a lot, my friends!

Lemog
01-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Great Hell Moot :scream: I like the blood on the side... that will do more real... :thumbsup:

and...

http://lemog.free.fr/GSO/bonus/hny2005_ban.jpg

overcontrast
01-01-2005, 03:15 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO U BUDDY... WISH U ALL THE BEST, HOPE U ACCOMPLISH WHAT U WANT TO... and btw gr8 works u got there... i've been bz so cudnt come to c the updates, but seems u got a long way in this tym... keep it up man

Versiden
01-01-2005, 06:50 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

the helmet looks awesome.. I like the textures and the hair tassle on top.. very cool.. great work as always - waiting for more.

rattlesnake
01-01-2005, 06:54 PM
hey friend...first: Happy new year to you !!:beer:have the best year ever!

and ok now : i really like the helmet...it fits with your character really well...about the eyes i like them...but if u want to change tham they can look also cool if they were like black marbel spheres...or silver spheres very replective...or yes albine type that u said sound also interesting..i think these can give more realistic touch...or maybe u can make the glow look deep inside the eyes...like a radial gradient from black to red ....
ok is just a taste matter..cos it doesnt look bad anyway ...

keep rocking all 2005 too friend!...ill b looking for your entrys!

terraarc
01-01-2005, 10:19 PM
HAPPY CREATIVE NEW YEAR!

Wishing the best on your efforts (not only for this contest...) on the year 2005!!:thumbsup:

Back to grande:
The Y'rr helmet is very epic I might say.....I dig...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

linda
01-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Best wishes from me to you for the NEW YEAR!

Rui_Padinha
01-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey Sascha! Just dropped by to thank you and wish you a great new year mate!

Btw, love the beligerant look on your Warlord's helmet... very Wagner like!!! I can already hear the music :thumbsup:

Saschi0815
01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104797111_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4082/4082_1104797111_large.jpg)

....1st of all: thanx a lot for your wishes and compliments....i'm really happy ! BTW. pls. think of the victims of the asian tsunami desaster... they need our help! Here is link to the german site of care: http://www.care.de/ for the german speaking people here....

hhmm, it's hard to go back to bussiness but ....

above u see a first composition for the poster....still don't know if it's right considering to the rules - or not(???) . I've posted this question in the faq section, but still waitnig for reply...so i continue following my path... Again, it's only a compo wip, i will rerender all parts for suiting best in the compo like different angles, different soldiers, another wormhole etc...if i can do that for the final ;-)))

Have fun, friends...äähh and c+c are really welcome. It's very interesting for me if u like that kind of presentation ..or not! :-))))

Saschi0815
01-04-2005, 12:10 AM
@rattlesnake: ...many thanx, mate for your thoughts about the eyes... I will try the black and silver version for sure:thumbsup: Silver is reallllllyyyy coool, my friend! U'll see it in the next few updates!

Have a nice day, dude:beer: :wavey: