PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Julian Baum

JulesB
10-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Julian Baum has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

JulesB
11-10-2004, 11:33 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4080/4080_1100086403_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4080/4080_1100086403_large.jpg)

The Boundary Worlds have despatched City States to lay siege to Romeathius, capital world of the Core Empires. They claim the Mother Stone, the last fragment of the original homeworld, destroyed millenia ago when its sun went nova, for themselves. As the City States systematically destroy the settlements of Romeathius, the Imperial Guard defend The Temple of the Stone from the onslaught of the Boundary Worlders.

OK, I've sat on this for too many days! Time to get going. I am working towards a mix of high-tech civilisations and hardware based on the look and feel of great classical empires.

Some more rough sketches next, and some 3D concept......there's a point where even I don't recognise what I've drawn!

Julian.

Claireabella
11-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Hi JulesB. Like the look of your concept, that's a great story line. Will keep watching to see how you progress. Good luck! :bounce: Claireabella

JulesB
11-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks Claireabella! :thumbsup:

Doing more sketches - this is just the overall concept to remind me what goes where and to get a general feel for the action.

Stay tuned!

Good luck with your drive-in..........very cool! :bounce:

Julian.

JulesB
01-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Well, I got stuck at the starting gate - too much work on hand and not enough time for this!

Have to admit defeat - it ain't going anywhere in the time remaining - but I'm going to develop it anyway later.

There's some fabulous imagery in this challenge - good luck to everyone!

All the Best,

Julian.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.