PDA

View Full Version : The animate beach texturing

xiao_x
10-19-2004, 08:15 AM
any tutoria about the beach texturing????i hear some people say add diffuse map at the beach so that can see the wet area.But how about the animate beach?????any tutorial????/

scotttygett
10-20-2004, 02:46 AM
For the sand, you might want to bump map some turbulence (procedural) on a sub-patch polygon. I've seen it done with a 30% luminosity setting, which I try to avoid, but it looked good.

A few books have some tips on ocean settings, but I'd look around first to see who your friends are, because you're asking how to work on a texture and animation obstacle, not on something that would come up in an average day.

There are third party solutions as well.

A majority of shows that have had beach animation have used 2D live action footage, if what I understand is correct.

uncon
10-20-2004, 03:55 AM
Animating that tide is going to be a serious challenge, good luck. I would be curious to see if you pull it off. My idea would be to start with a mesh and morph the waves into place.

vcccccccc fdddd

That was Jeep, my friends cat. I think she put it more eloquently than I ever could.
Good night all.

xiao_x
10-20-2004, 06:39 AM
how did i craete a aniamate texture???

colkai
10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Animating that tide is going to be a serious challenge, good luck.

If ya got a copy of Dave Jerrards LW Applied 5.6 - less so. He does a neat trick using the marble texture on an ocean object to creat wavelets coming to shore. Though if you're wanting breakers, well, that's a whole different thing. :)

xiao_x
10-22-2004, 07:57 AM
If people say that is a very challenge work,then i think that is very very hard for the beginer like me....... :cry:
Any plugin can do that????i hear some people use realwacve for generate the beach dynamic,then how they texture the animate wet sand at beach??realwave have the tool done that?????

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.