PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Tablets

Texamosix
10-19-2004, 05:41 AM
I've been thinking about getting a Wacom tablet, and I have a few questions for those in the know.
I'm a dirt poor college student, so I'm looking for something as cheap as possible...

What kind of low end price range could I expect to pay?
What can I expect from the super-low priced drawing pad?
What are the disadvantages/advantages(?) to smaller drawing pads? Do you think a 6 X 5 pad is adequate?
Anything else I should know about these drawing pads?

Thanks in advance to all who help. :)

ironfinger
10-19-2004, 08:24 AM
I'm not poor, but I am a cheap asre. At home I use the original 4X5 graphire. I bought it around 3 years on sale for 80 bucks at Frys. I've done plenty of decent paintings with it over the years. It's a good tool for one on a budget.

Pavlovich
10-19-2004, 09:04 AM
i bought a 9x12 intuos 1 on ebay and it's worked fine for 2 years now. with the intuous III's hitting the market, there should be some cheap intuous II's out there. wacom tablets are pretty sturdy, so i would suggest buying used and real cheap as opposed to real small and real expensive. my roommate bought a used intous I about a year ago and it covers half his desk (18" x 12" or something close to it) for about $150. i would suggest a 9x12 for a nice natural size

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.