PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Kirt Stanke

Kirt
10-19-2004, 05:45 AM
Kirt Stanke has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/grandspaceopera/view_entries.php?challenger=4038)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: The Alien Race
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1101084046_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1101084046_large.jpg)

OK ... here's a look at the aliens who will be opposing the humans. Don't know if it was a good idea to draw four legs, as it will mean I'll have twice as many appendages to draw on the other side. Oh well ... I liked it so it stays.

Kirt
10-19-2004, 05:50 AM
Well, I'll have some free time next week. Hopefully I'll get off to a good start. Right now I'm just trying to think of an idea thats not too cliche' or like 200 other entries. I think this will be a very difficult challenge for me since I'm not really a sci-fi concept guy. Those who are familiar with my work will know that I do humor.

So ... think think think. What's funny about a Grand Space Opera? (... other than the Fabio clue I dropped in the challenge anticipation thread.) :D

What would be really funny is that I actually have enough time to finish this challenge. The last few weren't very good for me. :argh:

Ah well ... best of luck to all. I'm going to start brainstorming now.

sonicstrawbery
10-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Great, i keep an eye on your thread Kirt, good luck :)

Kirt
10-19-2004, 08:52 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1098215538_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1098215538_large.jpg)

One of my first ideas that I was able to sketch quickly this morning. Obviously, when humans start to colonize the outer fringes of the atmosphere ... they're going to need delivery service!

What with all those EBay purchases and Hickory Farms deliveries around Christmas time ... it's only logical that UPS and the post office are going to have shuttles as well.

Here I tried to make a collection of space stations in orbit around the earth, much like a suburban neighborhood.

Well ... it's an idea :shrug:

dgpilot
10-19-2004, 09:11 PM
heh, I like the UPS idea. Maybe avoid making it look too similar to today's airlines though. The space station in the background looks great!
Good luck!

Kirt
10-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Maybe avoid making it look too similar to today's airlines though.I agree with you. My spaceships are dull. This challenge is either going to improve my sci-fi design or make me insane. :argh:

I got another idea ... I'll post it a bit later. Need sleep now.

Fahrija
10-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi Kirt,

maybe I would sharpen the round edges of your objects in the scene. It looks a bit to friendly.
Itīs just to bring out visually a feeling for a conflict scene. Just a suggestion

have fun :)

Jnieuwland
10-20-2004, 05:36 PM
good start kurt, I actually like the fact that they look like modern airplanes, adds a familiar element. maybe those ships are recyled and retrofitted airplanes made suitable for space travel, so you got a nice contrast of old technoloy fitted with new technology

Kirt
10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1098298922_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1098298922_large.jpg)

2 Generals (center) meet on a planet surface surrounded by thier troops.

Tired and weary of endless conflicts to resolve mineral rights for their respective colonies ... the Generals decide to save time, equipment and men by resolving this conflict with a quick game of "rock-paper-scissors".

sonicstrawbery
10-20-2004, 08:12 PM
ahahah :D

That is what i call a PIVOTAL MOMENT OF A GALACTIC CIVILIZATION

WyattHarris
10-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Don't know if this is the final concept but that is hilareous. I could just see this as the turning point for two civilizations.

Slav
10-20-2004, 10:52 PM
hey kirt ... great stuff on the machineflesh... awsome sketches so far... cant wait to see what you will come up with for this one.

Kirt
10-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Thanks Slav ... too bad I couldn't complete that one. :sad:

I've been doodling misc. spaceships and whatnot most of the day ... I'm tending to come back to the second idea here most frequently. I'm afraid that it's not epic enough though. I'll have to really concentrate on composition and scale to pull this one off without loosing focus of what the two Generals are doing in the foreground.

I have a little trooper & tank design that I'll have to upload later. At work right now and no scanner around for use.

Vitriolic
10-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Go Kirt you crazy kid you. Your second idea (rock-paper-scissors) is a chuckler!

drawMonger
10-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi Kirt, the second concept really hits the spot I think. good one :)

Kirt
10-21-2004, 03:40 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1098369648_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1098369648_large.jpg)

Early concept designs for a trooper and a light tank. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the environment suits as they are a little bulky for inside the tank. Also, I'm not liking the mason jar helmets at all.

dgpilot
10-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Love the new concepts, keep on rockin :buttrock:

CuTnPaste
10-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Go Kirt !

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cgtalkmember
10-21-2004, 10:03 PM
It has a Futurama feel to it lol like the planet express they have for deliveries lol very nice work :D

sochira
10-22-2004, 01:12 AM
great stuff

element5
10-22-2004, 02:13 AM
Waiting for more :thumbsup:

Kirt
10-22-2004, 06:56 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1098424608_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1098424608_large.jpg)

Here I've tried a version without the environmental suit. Coming across a bit too WWII, but I think I prefer this rugged earthly look to the other trooper design.

I was also thinking (and maybe you can help with this...) that the scene might be good if there were total destruction and there are just these last 2 guys remaining on opposing forces. Instead of annihilating each other they choose to rock-paper-scissor the end of the war.

Don't know if that's better or not ... what's your thoughts?

Eclisod
10-22-2004, 08:50 AM
lol, I think it's an awesome idea. It definetely spins the concept of a grand space opera into something mundane. Often times the most important decisions in history were made on a hunch/thought/idea/bad hair/moustache day. :)

elmasfeo
10-22-2004, 09:57 AM
:love: I love your concepts, kirt! as you say, the last one looks just a bit WWII, but maybe colouring could change that easily... I liked the idea of the troops looking at their leaders playing paper/scissors/stone, you made it look very funny, but maybe one day all wars could be solved that easy...

Slav
10-22-2004, 03:07 PM
great designs but i am kind of curious as to wehre the tanks are goign to fit in.

azazel
10-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I was also thinking (and maybe you can help with this...) that the scene might be good if there were total destruction and there are just these last 2 guys remaining on opposing forces. Instead of annihilating each other they choose to rock-paper-scissor the end of the war.
I like both ways, but in second one, it may be easier to keep the hands playing rock-paper-scissor in focus - battlefield full of dead soldiers draws away less attention than two armies alive and ready to kill each other.

Vahn
10-22-2004, 03:37 PM
I think ur first Idea with the 2 armys surrounding the genrals adds more pressure to the whole scene...then the situation gets a different air of seriousness, as when the 2 armys would be dead already and only the 2 generals remain the last ones alive...

But try visualizing it first... i guess it depends on the composition of the whole scene that makes out the "grandness" in the end.

And i have to say : very nice Idea Kirt...love the paper-scissors-stone decision :D

rogfa
10-22-2004, 05:26 PM
I love the WWII style solider in a futuristic setting. It gives it that "future-used" feeling where everything isn't all shiny and new.

jal
10-22-2004, 05:36 PM
wow, Kirt. your sketches remind me of the game "Metal Slug". i can see your entry being cery original and humorous. good brainstorming :]

Kirt
10-22-2004, 05:38 PM
great designs but i am kind of curious as to wehre the tanks are goign to fit in.The tanks, troops, and maybe some bots will be all part of the massive landing parties. They will be surrounding the generals and occupying massive amounts of real estate in the background. I plan also to have a few battle cruisers in low orbit above the scene (hardly noticable in that second scetch).

This may take quite a while to work out before I get to coloring. And I suspect the end result may resemble a "Where's Waldo" illustration.

Thanks for the feedback so far ... I think I'm going to stick to the original plan and have the troops living. I feel this gives the scene a more ... uh ... "that's different" feel. The battle wasteland approach may be overdone and end up looking too much like a scene from Terminator.

azazel - They're not necessarily waiting to kill each other. More like a tired and "let's get this over with so I can go back to hyper-sleep" kind of attitude. It's a lazy-slacker-I-don't-care-anymore kind of war. :D

Dave Black
10-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Kirt, if you don't do the second concept just as it is(with some suit changes), I'll simply die.

That is just...awsome..

*a single tear rolls down my cheek*

I would, however, think the most difficult part is to really make what the generals are doing more apparent. First off, obviously, then need to look more like generals. Perhaps a 4 star insignia, and maybe a cap on their heads.

Also, to shore-up their actions, they'd almost need to be on top of each other. When people do rock-paper-scissors, they tend to do it hand-over-hand.

That would, of course, make the comp too tight, and would suck somewhat.

Anyway, dude, this is just awsome. I love it.

-Dave

Ilikesoup
10-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Early concept designs for a trooper and a light tank. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the environment suits as they are a little bulky for inside the tank. Also, I'm not liking the mason jar helmets at all.
I love this style -- clean with lots of detail. Reminds me very much of Sergio Aragones' work. I like the mason jar helmet because it implies that there's a non-breathable atmosphere, and you can still put plenty of emotion on their faces. I also like the irony that they're "simplifying" the war with rock, paper scissors when the soldier has so much equipment hanging off him.

Kirt
10-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Dave - Yeah, I'm definately going with the rock-paper-scissors concept. The two generals need a lot of work and I'll get to them soon. I'm going to try and get the best silhouette out of their poses to adequately show what they are doing. Also, lighting and contrast will help draw your attention to them (they are the focus of the illustration). Thanks for your comments. :thumbsup:

Ilikesoup - Thought about it more after your post ... I think I can do an alien race as the opposing force and include the environment suits. Don't think I'll go the mason jar route though. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Glad you saw the influence of Sergio Aragones' work in mine. He's another of my favorite cartoonists. I had an opportunity to meet him at a comicon a couple years back. But, like an obsessive fanboy I couldn't think of an intellegent thing to say to him. I may have done a typical "YOU ROCK" :buttrock: and then sulked away in embarassment.

The whole event is now kinda' fuzzy. :D

Lunatique
10-23-2004, 08:55 AM
I like the fact you're doing the humor thing, as not many others are doing it. For this challenge, the grand epic feeling is very important, and I think if you incorporate some type of "The grandest, stupidest thing ever attempted in the history of the galaxy" idea into the image, it'll be like a very powerful punchline--one that will have people rolling on the floor in stitches. Basically, any kind of stupidity of epic proportions will do. :D

Keem
10-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Hey
i love the way u create ur characters and the way the tank is drawn. i dont know who these guys are going to face but i suggest that it would be an alien race. and i think it will be a great addition.
Good work and Good luck!

duddlebug
10-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey Kirt!! I love that last sketch of the guy with the flag!! He looks so bedraggled and war weary... maybe 'tattering' the flag would add to that even more?

And i love the idea of two of these stood amidst the destruction playing paper-scissors-stone!!

Not sure how you'd show that in one image... you'd have to get their hand sdead right!!

Gonna keep on coming by...

AbueroAllenstein
10-23-2004, 07:24 PM
very original. keep it up!

Belltann
10-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Those stocky spacemarines on your second concept-pic really looked cool. That cartoon feeling, bullseye. :thumbsup:

MechaHateChimp
10-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Your second concept sketch I think is excellent for a final image. I like the idea of an all out military war fought on some dirty planet... kinda like the scene with the aliens in Final Fantasy. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Art2
10-25-2004, 01:48 PM
And i love the idea of two of these stood amidst the destruction playing paper-scissors-stone!!

Not sure how you'd show that in one image... you'd have to get their hand sdead right!!
Hey I'm maybe having an idea...
You could give both generals the remote control of their own giant Battle-Robot, which stands right behind them, and let them do the Scissor-rock thing with their hands.
This shows a different way of ending the war with those killer robots, who were designed for destruction.

robinayles
10-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Funny idea Art2!

Kirt, this whole concept is great! I always tend to go for the humorous side of things too, so I can really relate to this. I like the 2nd concept pic as well. The armies alive adds that element of tension and they can relate the tiredness as well. Can't wait for more!

Tranchefeux
10-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Hello,
Simply my encouragement for your challenge you with selected
see it cartoon, which will put a little humour in all these creation
Good luck.

MY SPACE OPERA (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=178449)

coCoKNIght
10-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Good luck Kirt, I've always loved your work.

funkbuttah
10-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Word,
Kirt, I'm digging your ideas bigtime. I know you dont like the mason Jar head gear on those couple designs, I love them. I think they work perfectly with the zany style you're approaching this with. I like the epic grandeous idea of massive civilization blunders too that Lunatique was talkin' bout! I think you attribute a lot of personality to your ideas and designs, you're really on to something sweet.

Good stuff keep it up.

funkbuttah
10-25-2004, 07:47 PM
I've been a fan of Sergio Aragones since I was a wee lad, too. I met him at this last comic con when he went up against the hands of Scott Shaw and the "Bone" creator guy, whatever his name is, in the quick draw competition. He's definitely one of my heros, after that experience, even more so. I went up and shook his hand, didn't know what to say to the master, walked away. Lame on my part, but what are you truly going to say to that caliber of an artist anyway.

Just had a "moment" when I read your post on the subject, sorry.

Voytek
10-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Very nice sketches and ideas. I will keep checking this thread out.

igorstshirts
10-25-2004, 09:15 PM
....Me too.

Kirt
10-26-2004, 05:26 AM
Wow! So many new responses and I haven't been able to do an update in a few days. Sorry about that ... I will try to get something new tomorrow. Now, for your comments:

Lunatique - Stupidity of epic proportions ... hmmm. Great idea, but this is the best I could come up with at the moment. I'm sure something spectacularly stupid will come to me later after I've reached a no turning back point in this current illustration. Seems to happen to me often. :shrug:

Art2 - Pretty funny idea, but it may complicate the image too much. I'm not the greatest at mecha designs either so I'll be sticking mostly to the characters. I know I should challenge my weaknesses, but for the CGChallenges I prefer to stick to what I can do best. Argh ... that sounds real contridictory to what the challenges are all about. However, I just don't think I have the time to refine something like my perspective skills in 3 months whereas it will make a greater impact on my image. Better to save that for other projects. :cry:

funkbuttah - Funny how we, as artists, can go all idiot-like when facing others of our field who have been largely successful. I mean, I've eaten in a restaurant one booth away from Clint Eastwood and the most I felt was, "eh ... so that's Clint Eastwood." Not "OMG IT'S DIRTY HARRY!!" I don't think I've ever had that fan-boy mentality for anyone other than my artistic idols of inspiration (Chuck Jones, Sergio Aragones, Tex Avery, and a few others). I guess it's not too difficult to understand ... but rather odd that I'd be awestruck by someone that maybe 80% of the general population doesn't even know. :D

everyone else - Thank you. I'll try my best to finish this time around. I hate to always be the one to dissappoint with uncompleted entries. Next update tomorrow evening. :wip:

JARhead
10-26-2004, 06:20 AM
Ooo sweet idea, Most oringinal

I Cant wait to see further develoments.

ArtisticVisions
10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Stupidity of epic proportions..... somehow, I like that theme..... :p

Great concepts; looking forward to the models.

Eclisod
10-27-2004, 07:01 AM
really cool concepts. to quote what someone once wrote to a moderator (begging to hear the mod's decision on unbanning him), "with great expectations and rock hard nipples, I await." :scream:

Kirt
10-30-2004, 07:48 AM
Sorry, no updates in awhile. I've been playing Mr. Mom the past week and have had no time to draw anything. Things should be back to normal next week. Cheers :beer:

jeroentje
10-31-2004, 10:34 AM
For Frazetta's sake please finish this challenge Kirt. I know I am trying to do the same. Will be the first in a year if I do.

Good luck buddy, you're doing great :thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
10-31-2004, 11:07 AM
I like the fact you're doing the humor thing, as not many others are doing it. For this challenge, the grand epic feeling is very important, and I think if you incorporate some type of "The grandest, stupidest thing ever attempted in the history of the galaxy" idea into the image, it'll be like a very powerful punchline--one that will have people rolling on the floor in stitches. Basically, any kind of stupidity of epic proportions will do. :D
Have to second that.
Awesome... me like, me like!:bounce:
I wish ya all the best for this challenge buddy!

Cheerz and waiting impatiantly for more...

Tom

V_Shane
11-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Moer...nope...mower! nah that ain't it, oh yeah...MORE!

Gotta have it :thumbsup:

Slav
11-02-2004, 02:15 PM
The tanks, troops, and maybe some bots will be all part of the massive landing parties. They will be surrounding the generals and occupying massive amounts of real estate in the background. I plan also to have a few battle cruisers in low orbit above the scene (hardly noticable in that second scetch).

This may take quite a while to work out before I get to coloring. And I suspect the end result may resemble a "Where's Waldo" illustration.

Thanks for the feedback so far ... I think I'm going to stick to the original plan and have the troops living. I feel this gives the scene a more ... uh ... "that's different" feel. The battle wasteland approach may be overdone and end up looking too much like a scene from Terminator.
this should look sweet as hell. alot of detail to work around though .. but i am more then sure you will manage ... ill wait to see what you will make next week.

Kirt
11-04-2004, 07:36 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1099597006_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1099597006_large.jpg)

Finally! Had to go back to work in order to get some drawing done.

Here's an early concept of my two generals at the hieght of their conflict resolution. Not sure about the alien general yet. He's got some sort of rasta-dog 2001 Space Odessy look going on. heheheh

Moon Dragon
11-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Awesome work here! I'll keep watching your progress, good luck man!

AsurA
11-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Your line quailty is Awsome. Your one of the people that made me start posting in the daily cgtalk sketchs. I can hardly wait to see what the finished piece will look like.

Three cheers for Kirt!!!

robinayles
11-05-2004, 03:09 PM
<snip>...Here's an early concept of my two generals at the hieght of their conflict resolution. Not sure about the alien general yet. He's got some sort of rasta-dog 2001 Space Odessy look going on. heheheh
I was thinking he looked a bit like Jar-Jar Binks, myself! HA!

I'm wondering if the rock-paper-scissors thing would be obvious to anyone who hasn't been monitoring this thread? Some people play it with their other hand flat, and they tap the "gesture hand" on the open palm until displaying their choice. Would it help for them to have their other hand palm up under the one displaying the scissors and rock? Just a thought.

Rock on, Kirt! Can't wait for more MORE M*O*R*E!!

Tommy Lee
11-05-2004, 11:05 PM
:thumbsup: .PERIOD!

DMageXVII
11-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Wow, first of all, lemme just say i really like both your concepts! ~ Secondly, i would like to offer a few suggestions...

If your generals were to stand on a small hill whilst making their decision, it might call attention to them and permit you to keep the tanks, battle armors, etc of a huge army displayed and still keep the generals as the center of attention.

That way, if you have the rest of the army form a circle around the hill, the piece would still be airy enough and you could put as much detail into all your soldiers as you want.

Well, that's my 2Ē, i hope i've been helpful...

PS: i'm working on a few ideas of my own, but i'm not sure if i'll enter... We shall see, shan't we? :P

Don_Barro
11-11-2004, 02:04 AM
very good!
liked this cartoon aproximation!!!
didnt see it yet and i believe every drawing stile is the same kind of dificulty and also each one has its diferent thing that gives each one a special touch!!!

:thumbsup:

newcenturydsn
11-11-2004, 04:45 AM
I love your pencilling style, very unique!

robinayles
11-12-2004, 11:41 PM
okay Kirt....where's the beef?!? I want MORE!

Kirt
11-13-2004, 12:03 AM
okay Kirt....where's the beef?!? I want MORE!
I need a new job. They changed my hours again! I'll have to work on this during the weekends now. Which seriously cuts into the time I have left available for completing this challenge.

The story of my life ... I don't know why I even bother drawing anymore. It's like Mr. Holland's Opus but without the "make you feel good" ending.

[insert expletives here] :banghead:

Art2
11-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Damn man, you can't stop drawing!

Neozoom
11-14-2004, 02:11 PM
hahahah remember me of Metal slug characters designs :)
cool man :)
hope to see soon what you'll do at final :)

Tommy Lee
11-14-2004, 05:11 PM
The story of my life ... I don't know why I even bother drawing anymore. It's like Mr. Holland's Opus but without the "make you feel good" ending.

Are you nuts...:curious:
I hope you find a little time to do something.
Cheerz my friend:beer:

robinayles
11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey Kirt...I know how you feel. But you can't stop drawing, you know its in your blood, right?

Reminds me of an old "Thirty-something" episode when the lead character decides he wants to be a writer and the teacher asks him "Why do you write?" He doesn't know, so he asks her, "Why do YOU write?" and she answers, "Because I must, I have no choice in the matter."

Its like that with art too, you know! You may not have as much time as you'd like...just try to make as much as you can out of the time you do have.

Cheers, keep the chin up and the stylus movin'!!

-Robin

Kirt
11-20-2004, 11:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1100992003_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1100992003_large.jpg)

Finally got a chance to sit down and draw for a few minutes in the past 2 weeks.

Here's the final design I'm going to go with for my general. He's kind of a homogenization of the last sketch and the earlier trooper design.

I'm going back to drawing some more while I have the chance.

Cheers.

Kraull
11-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Great character! I've nothing to say on it. He's solid and original. Want to see more!!!:)

Kirt
11-21-2004, 10:48 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1101077302_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1101077302_large.jpg)

Added a couple of grunts. As you can see in the next post, I have a loooonng way to go yet.

Kirt
11-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Just so you get a sense of the scale here ...

http://kirt.cgcommunity.com/space_opera/so-000.jpg

I'll update this image as I add other characters and stuff. When I have something that's more than just characters placed on a blank canvas, then I'll upload the image to CGNetworks.

Kirt
11-22-2004, 12:40 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1101084046_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/4038/4038_1101084046_large.jpg)

OK ... here's a look at the aliens who will be opposing the humans. Don't know if it was a good idea to draw four legs, as it will mean I'll have twice as many appendages to draw on the other side. Oh well ... I liked it so it stays.

walrus
11-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Hah, what great characters!!! Bravo for injecting your characters with so much personality, I just can't wait to see how this piece ends up! And I, for one, really like the 4 legs on the aliens, it makes them more... um.... alien. Good work so far.

-mike

SideAche
11-22-2004, 03:32 AM
Another thread I'm having fun watching, thanks :thumbsup:

Gord-MacDonald
11-25-2004, 03:42 AM
A very original concept - and very funny. Now if only all disputes could be settled so easily...

MettoolMan
11-25-2004, 03:58 AM
hahahah remember me of Metal slug characters designs :)
cool man :)
hope to see soon what you'll do at final :)Hey now that you mention it the early character and tank designs do look kind of similar. Though with the new updates they don't resemble them so much. I love the cartoony style and what I admire most is how each of your characters is unique in his own way.

uwil
11-26-2004, 09:17 PM
hi Kirt that's :applause:funny......simple..........but SOLID! :thumbsup:

Slav
11-27-2004, 05:26 AM
hey kirt been a while since my last visit... its really comming along great cant wait to see what you come up with for the lineart on the rest of the image... there is little i can say since your the artist here... bug i just wonder what will contrast the characters in size?

anywho just a though.

visit meh let me know what you think :D

cheers.

Goro
11-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Kirt that looks awesome! I just love your style.
Go go go!

cheers!
Goro

element5
12-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Jolly good show old chap.....off to fight some alien race and be home in time for a spot of tea...what :) Love your humor dude.....cant wait to see colour....

bonestudio
12-07-2004, 02:43 PM
It's good to see some fun in this contest, I hope you'll find time to contine !!!

AirbORn
12-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Looks pretty funny. :) It is nice to see people taking a none Dark, death, strictly mechanical approach to this challenge :)

Kirt
01-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Sorry, I'm out.

I'm probably not going to get an opportunity to finish any of these challenges. The last couple tries ended up the same way. Good luck to those who can finish. :thumbsup:

walrus
01-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Bummer, I really wanted to see your piece finished! Oh well, good luck, maybe next time...?

-mike

ArtisticVisions
01-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear it; thought your concept was really original and different.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be in the same boat as you (don't think I'll be able to finish in 11 days, although I'll try my damnest). :sad:

MDN67
01-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Great, you are perhaps the one who use the cartonny style, i like this i hope you can finished your composition before the end of the challenge
good luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.