PDA

View Full Version : eMachines Online Dealers?

EvilPuppet117
10-19-2004, 05:07 AM
The eMachines site said there were no online resellers selling the particular model I wanted and this is a HUGE problem for me since there are no stores close to me. By close, I mean within 120 miles :eek: Which brings me to the point of this thread, are there any official eMachines online resellers? Because I will not resort to eBay until I absolutely have to (bad experiences :sad: ).

cgtalkmember
10-19-2004, 05:38 AM
Why are you trying to buy an Emachine? they are no good.

singularity2006
10-19-2004, 05:47 AM
Why are you trying to buy an Emachine? they are no good.
I second that, only half of it though. They are no good if ur a power user... if ur a word processor internet only, go save a pretty penny and get a cheap emachine. But you know, surprisingly enough, on a clean self-install after a format, the emachines are astoundingly stable because they really really limit how u modify things from factory standards. Actually, u should check out there laptops.... they have some interesting specs, but I've had no first hand use of those yet.

brzilian
10-19-2004, 11:29 AM
I second that, only half of it though. They are no good if ur a power user... if ur a word processor internet only, go save a pretty penny and get a cheap emachine. But you know, surprisingly enough, on a clean self-install after a format, the emachines are astoundingly stable because they really really limit how u modify things from factory standards. Actually, u should check out there laptops.... they have some interesting specs, but I've had no first hand use of those yet.
Evilpuppet has been asking about their laptops all along.

I am an Industrial Designer and bought one at the beginning of the year (M5309). It runs Rhino, 3DS Max and Solidworks just fine for those times when I am not at home or in the office. I also happen to use it for Digital Audio Work and DV editing as it has a Firewire port and a decent 5,400 RPM drive.

To answer your question Evilpuppet, the only places to buy one online would be directly from BestBuy or Circuit City.

EvilPuppet117
10-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Ah, thank you. When I searched google it was just bargain sites...now that I have checked out Circuit City and Best Buy I might reconsider buying an eMachine. I've found some better laptops with Nvidia GeForce instead of a Radeon. They even have better HDs and some have Athlon64. Thanks for the links, I dont usually check Circuit City of Best Buy unless I visit the store.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.