PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel

Chris Lindsay
10-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Hello,

My name is Chris Lindsay and I am a character animator.

This is my current reel. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

www.mattmunn.com/chris/reel.html (http://www.mattmunn.com/chris/reel.html)

Sincerely,

Chris Lindsay

gaggle
10-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Heh, cute start. The door flaps sort of fast and odd, but that's a little nitpicky. Overall what eeked me the most was the start and stop noises of the individual .wav files. Could the background song be placed across the whole thing? Quiet enough not to drown out the voice-work of course, but enough to unite the reel together as a single package.. just a thought.

As for the content I think the animations are properly ordered, the reel is simple but effective, and the whole deal is short enough not to annoy people.. I skipped the portfoliopart for what its worth, if you want impatient 3d bastards like me to watch that part it'll have to change more quickly.. but I suspect that says more about me than your reel, potential employers probably have the time and interest in seeing the images.

littlebit
10-30-2004, 07:07 AM
I really liked your reel - you had good emotion coming from the characters, and using Generi thoughtout with a series of individuals who have quite different personalities and pulling it off well really shows a lot.

The boy with the ball, I think you could have a little more weight throughout the scene, but the movements were nice, great with the overlap etc. I'd shorten up the drawing section slightly, but overall a well done reel! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.