PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Ryan Rathbun

Nitefyre
10-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Ryan Rathbun has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Nitefyre
10-19-2004, 01:06 AM
This'll be the first CGTalk contest I've entered, been waiting for one. Topic is pretty broad, so let the inspiration come!

Nitefyre
10-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Guess this is supposed to be my giant WIP for the challenge, and we are off...

To start off, this theme is huge!! So much can be used so I had to start by narrowing my topic a little more. I got to thinkin' that most space opera focus on war and battle; to do something a little different I thought I would focus on the aftermath of a war, the peace talks. I'm gonna attempt to ge the emotion of 'hope', haven't tried this before so lets see what we can do.

Starting the backstory:

After 200 yrs of war between five galactic empires, peace talks have finally been arranged only after a great loss. The Filendhal had lost their home planet resulting in a galaxy being thrown off balance. Only recently, advances in communication devices and translators have allowed the Emperors to talk to one another. For the first time the Five Emperors have spoken face to face, for peace.

Concept sketches completed so far are on different alien styles, hopefully get some up before the weekend.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.