PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Brandon M. Cole

Cole
10-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Brandon M. Cole has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Cole
10-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Concept sketches comming soon, will be my first real contest ive entered since i got my new computer... Looking forward to behing able to actually do real work now that im not limited to my 533mhz laptop with a fake graphics card...

Cole
10-20-2004, 11:44 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3991/3991_1098312291_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3991/3991_1098312291_large.jpg)

Various sketches relating to my idea, The top set are chosen at random from about 20 fast sketches done during lunch and some classes while i was searching for a composition that i like. About 2am last night i woke up with an idea for the layout, and sketched it out in pen (2nd from bottom image). I Begin to further refine this idea during lunch today (Bottom Image). Soon will continue with detailing my sketch, but i want to begin some basic modelling first to achieve a better sense of direction.

My idea is to have a duel taking place on the bridge between the last human alive, and the emperor of an alien race - you can read more about it in my thread on cgtalk forum if you wish. The building around it will be a temple in oriental fashion, but futuristic.

Cole
10-20-2004, 11:49 PM
The Story:

Day 181 of the Earth-Year 3016(Galactic Standard Year 700209):

The human race made and lost its last stand at the city of New Beijeng - After a long siege the city has fallen, and according to custom the High Emperor Jael of Or`Aglor Emprie has slain the last human, a priest of the Red Tree. With his last strength, the priest killed the Emperor, plunging the Empire into a nearly 300 standard year (872 earth-year) long civil-war of succession. This final act of the last human is widely regarded to be the sole notable achievment of the Human Race in the anals of Galactic History...

And some information about me:

I am a student at TCU in Forth Worth, Texas. I am studying studio art with an emphasis on drawing. I just got a new computer that i will be using for this challenge, and hope to do my first real 3d work here. My old pc was a 533mhz laptop with no real graphics card and only 6gb storage space, so i was really limited what i could do. New system specs is dual opteron 244, nvidia geforce 5700, 1 gb ram, dual monitor and raid0 sata 76gb wd raptor hds.

I guess thats enough information for now, Feel free to coment and criticize all you want while i go do some modelling.

Trunks
10-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Cool idea, just go on with it! Want to see the temple :D So go and build it! :D :D :D ;)

Have fun at the challange :)

marc31
10-22-2004, 03:42 PM
The tree give it a ecological feeling

WazaR
10-26-2004, 12:52 AM
I appreciate the Jap. architecture. It leaves alot of room to play with differnt kinds of prespectives. Also I feel that the dark "figure" is a great design element as it adds some counter weight to the otherwise "white space" of the buildings. I think you just need to setting on a better point of view, as the current one is a little confussing.

Also I would recommend that perhaps you look up some work by Frank Lyod Wright, as his kind of architecture really fits in with the kind of image you coming up with ....

Good luck amigo....

TheBloodyAlien
11-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Hi. I like the idea of the bridge...it's a bridge between the last human alive and the emperor of an alien race....but it's also a bridge to the last tree alive? Yes, please. Shocking. :) I like the concept.

Have a nice work. Bye.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.