PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Tou Her

stormeffex
10-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Tou Her has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Challenge Page (http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/grandspaceopera/view_entries.php?challenger=3981)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: backstory and preliminary sketches
http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/3981/3981_1100905633_medium.jpg (http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/3981/3981_1100905633_large.jpg)

okay, i've finally found some time to sit down and think about a story. i plan on doing an adaptation of king arthur and the knights of the round table for my space opera. i think it'll be cool to see the legend of arthur portayed in a space opera environment. arthur will be fighting the Zero Raiders who have the technology to fold into negative space. here is a little of the back story:

I n the distant future, on a third-world planet called Cresin, deep-divers had discovered an underground chasm while tapping for ethelium (a substance that is native to this planet only and has recently been marketed to the rest of the universe). Within the huge chasm, they find a lost city that housed the technology of a lost civilization. Word of the discovery had reached the Galaxian Emperor who quickly sent scholars and scientists to investigate the excavation. After 40 years of research and analysis, the scientists declared that the encryptions to unlocking the technology there lay in the hands of a predetermined individual. Only the person with the right genetic code would be able to use the technology. Thus began the flood of Races trying to be the one to unlock the city. The skies were full of ships of every shape and design. For a short while, the planet, became the center of attention.

Around this same time, there was a band of pirates who called themselves Zero Raiders because they had the technological capabilities to fold into negative space. Only they could navigate through that static dimension. They had amassed a huge army and were out raiding the galaxy, looting caravans and an occasional planet. The Zero Raiders were a huge threat to the emperor and since his fighters couldn’t seem to catch the raiders, he was quickly falling into disfavor. It seems as though no one would be able to catch the raiders because of their negative fold navigation technology. By not being able to defend his galaxy from the Zero Raiders, the retainers and rulers of different planets began to break apart from the empire, relying on themselves and mercenaries to protect their way of life. Thus began the shattering of the empire that had been in power for 10,000 years.

that's it so far. i've just begun to design the ships for the knights and the negative space folding tech for the Zero Raiders.

stormeffex
11-19-2004, 11:07 PM
http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/3981/3981_1100905633_medium.jpg (http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/6/3981/3981_1100905633_large.jpg)

okay, i've finally found some time to sit down and think about a story. i plan on doing an adaptation of king arthur and the knights of the round table for my space opera. i think it'll be cool to see the legend of arthur portayed in a space opera environment. arthur will be fighting the Zero Raiders who have the technology to fold into negative space. here is a little of the back story:

I n the distant future, on a third-world planet called Cresin, deep-divers had discovered an underground chasm while tapping for ethelium (a substance that is native to this planet only and has recently been marketed to the rest of the universe). Within the huge chasm, they find a lost city that housed the technology of a lost civilization. Word of the discovery had reached the Galaxian Emperor who quickly sent scholars and scientists to investigate the excavation. After 40 years of research and analysis, the scientists declared that the encryptions to unlocking the technology there lay in the hands of a predetermined individual. Only the person with the right genetic code would be able to use the technology. Thus began the flood of Races trying to be the one to unlock the city. The skies were full of ships of every shape and design. For a short while, the planet, became the center of attention.

Around this same time, there was a band of pirates who called themselves Zero Raiders because they had the technological capabilities to fold into negative space. Only they could navigate through that static dimension. They had amassed a huge army and were out raiding the galaxy, looting caravans and an occasional planet. The Zero Raiders were a huge threat to the emperor and since his fighters couldn’t seem to catch the raiders, he was quickly falling into disfavor. It seems as though no one would be able to catch the raiders because of their negative fold navigation technology. By not being able to defend his galaxy from the Zero Raiders, the retainers and rulers of different planets began to break apart from the empire, relying on themselves and mercenaries to protect their way of life. Thus began the shattering of the empire that had been in power for 10,000 years.

that's it so far. i've just begun to design the ships for the knights and the negative space folding tech for the Zero Raiders.

walrus
11-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey, nice sketches so far. In case you're looking for opinions, I really ylike the ones in the lower left and lower right corners. They seem original and have some nice lines to them. Look forward to seeing more!

-mike

BlueEyeLizard
11-20-2004, 12:13 AM
I think the very bottom right ship looks like it would be very visually interesting.

Good luck! I look forward to more

Kraull
11-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Great variaty of sketches! Your design process is really solid!

KaleN
11-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Great designs. Can't wait for the composition study!

V_Shane
11-20-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm not all that good at ship design, but I can say I like the snail/shell type.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.