PDA

View Full Version : Try to compile mel to make UI //Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure ""//

rebrov
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
HI.

I download a sample mel file, and change sth to control the character I created. It's a character UI.

Suppose I got the "sample.mel". When I just change it's name to my own, (mine.mel)it won't work when I load it as shelf. //Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "mine"//

So I'm guessing I need to compile it. I did make it worked several days ago but failed today.

What I have tried is to copy/paste the text into the script editor, select them and save. But it won't work, and when I ctrl+enter to run it, save. It won't work either.

Always get the same Error..,..

Panupat
10-18-2004, 10:00 PM
it's probably calling to it's own name.
Normally in Mel, if you type, "mine", it will looking a procedure "mine( )" in a file "mine.mel."
So if you change the file name, make sure to go inside the script and change everything to match the name too.

rebrov
10-18-2004, 10:11 PM
it's probably calling to it's own name.
Normally in Mel, if you type, "mine", it will looking a procedure "mine( )" in a file "mine.mel."
So if you change the file name, make sure to go inside the script and change everything to match the name too.
Actually I didn't name it as that but it won't work.

The fault I'm guessing is still the procedure of compling.

A sample mel works. If I change the file name, It won't work.

rebrov
10-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Well. I assumed I found it.

1. The file name should keep the same as the main function name inside the script.

2. copy/paste the txt into script editor, ctrl+enter, then, re-save it.

3. Looks like if I save from the "input box", it will be a txt file. And then I have the "mel" extension, and use the process to re-save it. It will work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.