PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Pedro Martins

Feagond
10-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Pedro Martins has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Feagond
10-18-2004, 09:03 PM
My first challenge in the forum! :bounce:

Best luck to all contestants!!!

I'm still getting ideas... :)

Feagond
10-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, after quite some thought i came to an idea that i found was the most appealing:

In a far future, a colonized solar system which depends of its star for light, heat and energy. The main colonized planet of the solar system, where all the main services are, gets to know of the death of its star which is the death of everything the civilization ever created. The scientists' efforts to halt the process have no effect. That civilization soon realizes that its only hope is to escape the planet.

My idea would be to capture in the main planet some sort of avenue with a statue to the civilization in the moment of the star's growth when the entire planet is deserted.

(Now I'll get to sketching...)

Good luck to all contestants!:thumbsup:

JPGargoyle
10-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi Pedro!

Good luck to you man!

It's good to see another "Tuga" here.

I'll keep watching your progresses, so get it on.

Nice base story :thumbsup:

Best regards

Feagond
11-06-2004, 11:01 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3947/3947_1099782077_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3947/3947_1099782077_large.jpg)

First sketch

I have been short of time lately for this challenge, so I decided to do a quick sketch of the idea and to start modelling straight away. Anyway, i suck at 2d drawing... :arteest:

Hope you like it ;)
C&C welcome

Feagond
11-06-2004, 11:14 PM
I forgot to explain the idea... well it shows the solar system's administration facilities with the large growing sun in the background which "takes over" a tall futuristic building. On the starry sky we can see the people escaping the planet in lots of spaceships.

Hope you like it, suggestions welcome

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.