PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Ryder S Booth

ryders
10-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Ryder S Booth has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

ryders
10-22-2004, 06:13 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3911/3911_1098422033_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3911/3911_1098422033_large.jpg)

Just roughing out the concept. You might not think that 4 wings of fighters can take out a fleet of planet destroyers... But then you'd be wrong.

DeusManus
10-22-2004, 06:18 AM
wow, very cool concept. i like it alot. cant wait to see it in 3d

keep up the good work.

wes3
10-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Cool concept. Is the dude in the lower left controlling the fleet via some VR interface?

BookMansBlues
10-22-2004, 07:17 AM
NICE! I cant wait to see more. :)

ryders
10-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Yeah, this is basically near the end of the story that I am working on. This kid, meets a strange old man in a mexican village sometime mid century, and the old man sells the kid (who is on vacation with his family) some brass knuckles with skulls on them... 4 skulls. Well turns out that the skulls represent the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse. On the flight back home the kid's plane crashes into the desert and he is badly injured. The plane happens to crash of it's own accord in the middle of an alien invasion and the kid holes up and heals with this old lady for a couple of years... Anyway, after recovering and growing up a little bit he wanders out into a world that has become a wasteland. He soon is forced to realize that there are some "interesting powers" associated with the brass knuckles...

One of them being that when antagonized, he can punch strait through the heart of the agressor.

ANYWAY... jumping ahead to the scene I am trying to depict. He is picked up by a different alien race than the one who wiped out the earth and the adventure begins from there. Well this is on toward the end of the saga where he is in control of a warfleet, and his horsemen are a fleet of craft that harness dark matter as a weapon.

The IDEA is that he is on the bridge of a warship and co-ordinating an attack on an agressor race. Trying to get the idea of vr and also represent the deck of a ship may be more challenging than I can pull off... but that's how I do... Make it as hard as possible.

ug.

Ryders

(working on the models of the fighters...)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.