PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Michal Ivan

perzo
10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Michal Ivan has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

perzo
10-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone at CG networks, I’m new here.

I’ve been watching the machineflesh challenge and I can tell you it was very inspirative, that I wanted to take part in the next challenge, so here I am. Hope I will learn something and have fun.

So this is my first concept:

DAVIDS:

The whole universe is divided in two big coalitions (= religions). Each coalition has its God and each god wants on his side as many souls (=beings) as possible. In the past centuries they were spreading their religions trough the universe (doing magic, wonders, healings etc.). The bigger the coalition was the bigger growth of technology there was. All believers (decent members) were living a carefree life. Until one God got ill (through the centuries he was living and taking power from the souls of his people, it was like a drug addiction for him, and now no planet left to conquer, he was going to die). There was only one possibility: they had to attack the other coalition and steal the souls of their people to feed their God.

The greatest war of all wars was unleashed. But the problem was the coalitions were equal and the more souls they won the more they lost. Then one prophet from the unbelievers (they were living on the edge of the universe) was sent to stop the war. He brought a legend to the warlord of one coalition.

The legend was about a primitive kind of beings living in the abandoned part of universe. They were born hunters they were spreading like a virus. Their nature was to destroy…

My idea is that these primitive hunters will be humans. The best of us were “hired” to fight in this huge war.

The idea is that all the big civilizations like Egyptians or Summers or many other great civilizations were destroyed by barbarians (in the good times the intelligent forgot how to fight). It is called Davids because of David vs. Goliath story.

Next I will do some sketches and think about some other concepts (I’m not 100% sure about this one J )

I wish you all good luck !

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.