PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: David Gidali

thoughtcriminal
10-18-2004, 04:32 PM
David Gidali has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Kanga
10-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Well done Dave!

Good to see you here,.... this time I am gonna model a girl!

Good luck mate.
Kanga

thoughtcriminal
10-19-2004, 03:36 PM
The war between the aquatians and the insectians has become intolerable. Both sides are tired and civilians of both species start thinking that there can be no winners in this war - only loosers.
a few peace-fanatics from both sides decide to make a dramatic move - they build a grand space-ship, and fly it to the middle of the battle zone. Under heavy fire, fighter pilots from both sides are confusing the peacekeepers' space-ship with a hostile ship, and are attacking it, and it doesn't take long for it's body to break.
A few minutes too late, a message is being delivered to all vehicles in the war to stop the battle, and a sieze-fire is on.

Hey Kanga! nice to see you here! I hope this time I'll get better results than the last time...
Good luck man!

thoughtcriminal
10-21-2004, 11:05 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3883/3883_1098356752_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3883/3883_1098356752_large.jpg)

I haven\'t yet decided weather I want to participate in the contest, so I decided to model a concept space ship which I wanted to do anyway for my showreel, and it gave me an idea for a different concept then the first one:

Holit is a desert planet in the outskirts of the galaxy. It\'s stategic location made it the ideal place for the fighter ships to dock during peace times. That\'s why both pilots and keepers (people with magical power), are living with their families in this planet, in the most beutifull houses.

But duty calls and when the day comes, James Pitterson, the fleet\'s number-one pilot, departs from his wife and childersn, and under fighter-sworming-skies, heads on foot towards his Black-Hole-Carrier-Fighter, which parks just outside his home, not before Igie, the town\'s keeper, gives him a lucky rock.

EchoSierra
10-21-2004, 07:17 PM
I think you should enter the contest. Your design is creative and original i cant wait to see a model of it.

thoughtcriminal
10-21-2004, 10:31 PM
10X, I'll design it anyway and show the WIP here in this thread.
I'll send pictures of my model tomorrow.

TedTerranova
11-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Loved your machineflesh entry so I'm sure this will be a great image. I'm excited to see your space scene and your process of creating the elements that make up the scene. Good luck.

Kanga
03-27-2005, 01:54 AM
Cmon Dave get into the new challenge!

I DARE YOU! :thumbsup:

Greetings from your old friend Kanga

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2005, 01:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.