PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Zubuyer Kaolin

3doid
10-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Zubuyer Kaolin has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

3doid
10-18-2004, 08:22 PM
How u all doin... gr8 to be here and i wish best of luck to all the ppl in this contest... first of all lemmi introduce myself... I'm Zubuyer Kaolin and i'm 18 years old. i know there r lot of really big ppl here so m kinda scared of them that i might get lost under them. LOL well anyway here goes my idea...

http://www.tinym.devisland.net/earth_fate_001.JPG

here is my first try on a concept... its really been hard for me cause i never(NEVER) did any 2d drawing in Photoshop or any other software so this is my first 2D work, and i had to use a mouse cause i dont have the laxury of a Wacom Tablet... it took abt 3hours to do...and m having trouble on visualizing a better concept.... this is somewhat an end-of-the-earth-and-there's-no-hope thing... i really need some comments on this... thanx sooo much... there r more to come real soon...

3doid
10-18-2004, 09:08 PM
oh, i suck at space ship design... but here is a quick skatch...
http://www.tinym.devisland.net/skatch_001.jpg

MROGER
10-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi,

Ok it's not a problem if you can drawing very well space ship,
you can try to make one with some 3d primitives quickly then make a screen shot in a good perspective view then print it or redraw it with photoshop or pencils.
It's a good method to add details or achieve the design without lot of persp problems :)

3doid
10-18-2004, 10:02 PM
thanx Michel... i am aware of this mathodology u were talking about... and thanx for the suggestion.... anyways.. here is another concept skatch... i tried to grab a more peaceful futuristic place, where aliens and human live togather

http://www.tinym.devisland.net/skatch_002.jpg

3doid
10-18-2004, 10:57 PM
i was so excited about this contest that i cudnt resist modeling a simple spaceship... i used some crappy panel textures that max gives for free with it... took abt 30mins. i might use this one as a small background ship.

http://www.tinym.devisland.net/ship.jpg

Tekano
10-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi 3doid, (again!) :)

i like the first idea better, it is more 'operatic'. Opera to me suggests drama and grand scales and themes, (I cant get bugs bunny and elmar fudd opera image out of my mind 'who killed the wabbit!?!' dont know if youve seen that cartoon based upon the famous Wagner opera with 'ride of the valkyries' theme :)) so an 'end to the earth and theres no hope' idea suggests more of a dramatic tension and is more 'opera' than a peaceful place where everyone gets along. although this advice should be be taken lightly as a peaceful place could be the starting prelude of an opera or the ending...

Also Michel has a good point, at this stage its best to be concentrating less on the details and more on the 'composition' of the image using simple shapes. The composition should emphasise the main theme or ideas that you are trying to make - it does not have to be finished and beautiful at this stage. Drama and tension can be thought about here in the relative placements of the centre of attention(s) and the direction in which you want peoples eyes to travel when they look at your image.

3doid
10-19-2004, 10:37 AM
hey Tekano, thanx for your feed back... i agree with you.. i think a battel or conflit would best suit the Space Orera theme then a peaceful sitback... and yeah i saw those cartoons.

Okay hers is a story concept i developed for the base of my work

[The story]

It?s the year 3121 mankind have advanced a great deal that they expand their boundaries to far space, controlling many planets of many solar systems. This revolution happened in the year 2730. That was the time when man conflated other civilization both with force and peaceful discussions. The first 3 century the fleet gained peace and prosperity but in the darkness conspiracies where taking place. In the yeah 3106, a group of extremist and power hungry people lead by earth?s former hero Zenix Lon betrayed earth and assembled an army of savage creatures from many planets within the fleet to fight for power. His goal was to gain leadership of the entire fleet, but to gain support from others he promised free leadership to each leader of their planet. But this also was the part of the huge conspiracy. Thus the great war begun. Meanwhile earth seeks alliance within its neighboring planets and assembled their own powerful fleet. This war has now reached its 15th year, but there seems no stop for this chaos.

PreatORiAn
10-19-2004, 10:41 AM
I've read your story, but you should'nt forget that the thema was like a 'turning point' in a space opera. maybey you could add something like someone is losing, winning, surrendering or something like that.
anyway I liked your story, sketches and the first textured model ;) looking forward to see more from you :bounce:

3doid
10-19-2004, 10:51 AM
thanx PreatORiAn for dropping by, feels gr8 that you liked my work. well as u can see the story is the base concept... its the history of what is gonna happen next.... now i'll have to figure out a hopefully powerful ending to it and start working on the final image.... in that i'll surely wanna potray a turning point in space history (and that is the theme of this challange)
well here are some of my thoughts:

1. Earth moves for action with a huge space army
2. Earth gets defeted and all its ships and civilization gets destroyed
3. Earth fights back and both side gets heavy damage
4. The underground Conspiracy meeting (meny alien leaders and Zenix Lon)
5. Peace (rejected lol)
6. Repare station for damages battelship (with huge robots and torn ships)

and more to come...
:bounce:

Designer2
10-19-2004, 11:02 AM
I also liked the first sketch, i think you can start from that one to make fantastic idea just try to add more of your nice thoughts into it, also you can make many good effects and lighting there while the peacefull one looks a bit boring,(sorry).

good luck friend,

markovicd
10-19-2004, 11:04 AM
hi doid... i see nice sketches here... make some more detail sketches and everything is going to be good :)
btw i am 17 years old :P

3doid
10-19-2004, 11:06 AM
hey Designer2 i agree with you... what is a grand space opera with out some hardcore spaceship blow up MUHAHAHAHAH... and yeah now that m more into it... i wont b makind any concepts of peaceful boredom.... now where is my torpido launch button... gotta blowup some alien ass!! :bounce: :bounce: :wip:

3doid
10-19-2004, 02:52 PM
here is a pre-vis of one of my concepts... it shows earth getting ready for soem heavy alien butt kicking...

http://www.tinym.devisland.net/skatch_003.jpg

CgGoth
10-19-2004, 03:00 PM
cool i like it :D it puts me in mind of battlestar galactica :thumbsup: hope to see you in the finals

PreatORiAn
10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
qualifies for space opera by my standars :p

you might want to put some ships into 'squadrons' or something so it'll look more organized instead of yust ships all over te place ^^

3doid
10-19-2004, 03:09 PM
hey thanx CgGoth, i hope i'll make it to the finals... and thanx PreatORiAn for the great suggestion.. its more realistic and logical to put ships into 'squadrons' rather then what i did... when i made this pre-vis i was thinkin earth was in panic and through every ship they got without thinking LOL... i'll do soem more of these soon... :wip:

BadPenny
10-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Actually i think you got too much objects in that scene..i'd suggest you to remove some objects from the background and of course group em into squadrons as preatorian said already.
Great work so far!!:thumbsup:

JPGargoyle
10-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Hi!

I think you are doing great!

But I think you need to include some enemy ships too, to give the sense that something is imminent, like the combat can start at any second.

Keep it up :thumbsup:

Best regards

3doid
10-19-2004, 05:26 PM
thanx for the feeldback guys... well here is some update on my concept... tell me what you think

http://www.tinym.devisland.net/skatch_004.jpg

superlayer
10-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Looks awesoome already.
I just watched the new galactica series and this one kinda reminds me of it.

Keep it up.

PreatORiAn
10-19-2004, 07:41 PM
looks cool :> now yust make it more HUGE than it now is and you're there ;)

KOryH
10-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey Z,
Looking good.
I was wondering if you would mind if I persued the "space" Titanic idea.
I ws something i was thinking about before, but when I saw yours I didn't want to
offend you.
Let me know if this would be OK.

gpepper
10-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Nice... The spaceships reminds me the design from Homeworld...

3doid
10-19-2004, 09:07 PM
KOryH: first of all thanx. yes u can use that SPACE TITANIC idea cause im not using that anymore... best of luck with your work, cant wait to c what u come up with.

gpepper: thanx man... well those spaceships r just made fro previsualisation... the real ons
gonna look totally different and hunky :D

PreatORiAn,superlayer: thanx guys glad that u drped by

guys just to let u know... m not that happy with the setup...:banghead: it looks a bit flat and my brain is not manufactureing much ideas on how to make the scene cool...any suggestions on what other eliments i should i add to make it more heavy?... m a si-fi freak... but m detached from that for a good deal of time... so comon help me out.... thanx to all, u've been gr8

3doid
10-19-2004, 10:08 PM
sorry but i gotta post this image through the system. and some1 plz delete this post

KOryH
10-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the go ahead. I will be doing some sketches soon.
As for yours?
just play with some camera angles and the FOV.
try making a real wide angle view. start by getting one thing as the dominate object
and going from there. maybe try to get the planet lower in the composition?

Good luck

RhyderKey
10-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Hmmmmmmm, i have a "titanic idea" too, i really hope i dont bump heads with anyone, here is the link to my idea. i use the "titanic thing" in a different way. but if u guys have a problem i am sure we can talk about, but read up about my idea frist....

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=179167

oshiroii
10-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Like the spaceship design man! You should put some little radars on it and some droids hahah.

I like the last concept image (the 3d one) But be sure to make a clear definition between human and alian. (I assume there are also humans space ships fighting back?)

3doid
10-20-2004, 12:45 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098233109_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098233109_large.jpg)

here is a quick concept skatch... it shows more of earth's fate and my main focus is an escaping passenger ship getting destroyed.... i made this skatch to put my main idea into paper so u can comment on it...

3doid
10-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Like the spaceship design man! You should put some little radars on it and some droids hahah.

I like the last concept image (the 3d one) But be sure to make a clear definition between human and alian. (I assume there are also humans space ships fighting back?)

thanx buddy. hmmm i guess i'll put some raders in teh ship too... some extra sensors never hurts;) and yeah there will also be humans who will fight back!

dshelton
10-20-2004, 12:54 AM
your designs look very promising for a great final image.

I will keep an eye on this one

miketche
10-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Very grand space opera battle scene. I really like your ship designs. :thumbsup: That's an area I personally lack in.

spirogyro
10-20-2004, 02:11 AM
Scale, FOV, and camera angles will play a huge role imo, but it looks like your on the right track. Good job!

plaguelord
10-20-2004, 02:15 AM
I'm definitively with the skecth nš6! looks with a lot of fast-action.

3doid
10-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Thank you soo much guys... sorry i cudnt post any updates last days my ****ing isp got down...lol anyways i got some new ideas which i'll post real soon... and thanx for all the positive feedback... and the best thing abt this challange is i'm learning something i never knew b4 and making soo many new friends.... :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3doid
10-21-2004, 11:33 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098358393_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098358393_large.jpg)

here is another concept drawing i did. in this concept the story is the same,. i wanna change my color tone from blue to angry red... so in this one (if i accept this) the earth below will b glowing red and getting blast from every where while some ship tring to escape and some fighting back

3doid
10-21-2004, 11:47 AM
here is another concept drawing... i dont really like this but thought i'd share with u guys... tell me what u think...

http://www.tinym.devisland.net/skatch_009.jpg

3doid
10-21-2004, 12:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098360134_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098360134_large.jpg)

sorry for posting the same ship again.. i had to post it through the system... but anyways it a little bit updated

Trunks
10-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Your ship looks cool but i do not like the main ship of your coloured sketch, there must be more action or so :) The main thing could not be the ship :)

3doid
10-21-2004, 12:21 PM
hey Trunks, 1st i suck at skatching so i find it hard to draw what i have in mind... but u r rite in the color drawing the main object is not the ship i have in mind, its just for a representation of what i think the set will b like... i have all the concepts ready right now but one thing m not sure is the setup.. so i'm gonna start doing some ship design/modeling soon, and then i'll think of the setup real tym;)...
thanx again

PreatORiAn
10-21-2004, 12:31 PM
those concepts look really good, I can't wait to see them in 3d :)

gpepper
10-21-2004, 12:37 PM
Come on ! let's do it, it would be nice !

3doid
10-21-2004, 01:29 PM
thanx friends for the support... ORITE NOW ITS MODELING TIME... but i got one more concept drawing to do...i'll b updating soon :bounce:

3doid
10-21-2004, 05:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098378581_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098378581_large.jpg)

here is a new concept on the color tone... i want it red cause it gives a distructive look and energy to it...

tabajara
10-21-2004, 06:24 PM
realy good concepts!! i like it too much!!

looking foward to see this done in 3d!

good luck!

Taroe
10-21-2004, 06:35 PM
No danger of you getting lost - This is GREAT!:thumbsup:

gpepper
10-21-2004, 06:39 PM
I find that one really cool !
A big space ship in the space... You're in the subject ! :)
Really, that one is nice...
Let's do it in 3D now !

dominicqwek
10-21-2004, 07:30 PM
hey there, i think its a sweet idea m8. ;) You really wanna emphasize the massiveness of the main ship, tilting the ship up or down to have it more perspective looking would help. Same goes for the ship in the foreground. have it look like its swirving? wait..swerving?..damn... but you get my point.

-dom

3doid
10-21-2004, 07:45 PM
thanx for the feedbacks guys... hey DOM thanx for the great suggestion buddy... i wasnt really thinkin abt perspective (ooffh it gives me headache) i kept that for the 3d process... and i got ur idea m8, and i think i'll use that... hey whats a grand space opera without grand space feeling rite......thanx again people

cheerz :bounce: :wip:

BookMansBlues
10-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Cool, and color is great in the last one.

Virtual Piano
10-21-2004, 09:40 PM
The orbital station on last sketch looks really massive! Good luck!

JOO.N
10-21-2004, 09:48 PM
wow really nice sketch keep going :thumbsup:

markovicd
10-21-2004, 09:57 PM
:applause: shake that ass :))

Fahrija
10-22-2004, 08:52 AM
I like the colors of the newest scetch. Reminds me of kubriks odysee 2001

madshooter
10-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi 3doid, Your concept sketches are cool, especially the coloured one. Your idea and your concept is quiet promising.
Waiting to see the 3d version of your concept.:)

oshiroii
10-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Sw33t dude. Wanna see more :D

3doid
10-22-2004, 04:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098461604_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098461604_large.jpg)

here is another concept on the setup of the scene. this is a landscape view so i can put more action goin on. As you can see the moons of the main planet are also colonized and the dark forces r very eger to destroy them too. The only thing i have in mind is TOTAL DISTRUCTION OF A MASSIVE WAR.

xeniusascendant
10-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Awesome man, love the concept work for your ship design, as well as your color choice in the scene concept. Are we going to get to see the attackers/procurrors of the end?

oshiroii
10-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Cool looking planet, sweet moons, big ass space station, lots of little ships attacking, explosions, total distruction? mmm? That sound pretty damn good to me :thumbsup:

Cosmic Fool
10-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Some great concepts you've got popping up. I especially like the red version. It's got a great feel to it already. At this point the only real suggestion I could give is maybe lower the camera angle a bit.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

3doid
10-22-2004, 06:53 PM
thanx for the appriciation guys...

orite now, i got some slight change in my plan... my story takes place in year 3000... its too far in teh furure.. i believe its gonna happen real soon, so i'll make it happen in the 2560s my ships and designs will still be very futuristic but it'll also have a morden day feel to it... i want it to make is as close to home as possible and i want it to be realistic... so tell me what you think of this idea

Lotus7
10-22-2004, 07:02 PM
hey zubuyer! lookign reaslly nice!! keep it up! :thumbsup:

Foot
10-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Wow, you have done alot of work here. The idea is really solid. I wish you luck in the competition. :beer:

3doid
10-22-2004, 07:06 PM
hey thanx droppin by pals...
oi Lotus7 how did u know my real name huh?... o dang i had to put it in the entry name! o well :p

Virtuoso
10-22-2004, 09:02 PM
3doid...........................Going for the high level all out massive battle I see.Good to see a central piece,and to see more to each side,allowing the eye to span left to right is the way to go.This will be fun to model,and I wish you the best on your work here 3doid.................:arteest:

GaNNEl
10-23-2004, 12:22 AM
WOWOWOWW Haven't seen this work cuz I was a little bit busy... BTW: I LIKE IT A LOT! Man you draw pretty cool and those explosions are, wow... :thumbsup: keep the good work and I'll be tuned for some 3-D's! ! :D

plaguelord
10-23-2004, 12:35 AM
I'm definitively with concept #1 and all the variations! you MUST do that, it will be a full of action picture! *and I love full of action pictures hahaha :thumbsup:
keep it up

pBarrelas
10-23-2004, 05:18 AM
Your ship model is very cool, the concepts too!! keep on dude!!

3doid
10-23-2004, 07:40 AM
thanx for the feesback guys... i'll b starting modeling real soon... by the way can any one give me some good site where i can find some inspirational pictures of space ships and space stations... i need to c what detailing my work, i suck at detailing lol... thanx u all again.... i feel gr8 to b here

splotch
10-23-2004, 08:07 AM
nice work friend, i like the firey atmosphere colors looks awsome
keep the hard work man ..wish you the best luck

arturro
10-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi there! I like your drawings very much, especially this redish and firey. I think that you could add some very light blue coloristic elements, like for example engine glow or light trace behind some big ships going of the planet with some survivours(like massive evacuation). And I like your ships as well. Great work being done:buttrock:

theduke
10-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi

euhm, I saw one of your early sketches, where you see a whole fleet approaching, some getting shot at. But in the same sketch I see some stationary errr ... stations :-) The spikey-round thingies floating above the planet. Can I suggest they belong to the opposing force, as in: not belonging to the approaching fleet? Because if they are not from the same army, shouldn't they be under heavy fire? (or plasma or whatever).

And if they are from the same fleet/army, then I can suppose they belong to the planet you see below. But then it seems like the spaceships are not coming from the planet, but from somewhere 'out there'.

Oh, and I would make the spacestations bigger ... a lot bigger. As if the really big ships should be able to dock there.

I like your work so far. Keep it up!

pinnamraj
10-23-2004, 01:56 PM
hey kool stuff dude

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=180333 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=180333)

hodongla
10-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Good concept ~

i suggest you try to make a big ship which to the front.
A big ship have commander and so need more different design.

--------------------
Excuse my english.

3doid
10-23-2004, 03:27 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098545250_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098545250_large.jpg)

This is an Artificially Intelligent non Human Seek-and-Destroy drone... these things get out of the bigger ship and attacks its target with out any human interactions... its both an assault vehicle and also an active torpedo.

superlayer
10-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Nice concept and nice modeling you have done.
I wouldnt wanna be hit by one of those.

3doid
10-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Nice concept and nice modeling you have done.
I wouldnt wanna be hit by one of those.

LOL, it came to my dream last nite... some mad doctor tried to hit me with that.. (in my dream it was a very scarry looking syringe) i thought it wud b gr8 to make a drone that looks liek that...hehe

Arsyn
10-23-2004, 04:07 PM
sweetness! love that ship design.
I havent even came up with a storyline yet. I have a few ideas, but none really strike me. by the time i do, youll already be done.
keep on truckin...

gpepper
10-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Cool ! Nice design ! Continue !

pBarrelas
10-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Yeah very nice design. I see that you already found your inspiration!! Rock on!!:thumbsup:

teyekanik
10-24-2004, 10:44 AM
finnally I find someone else doing a space battle.. keep it up man. Any good images of fire burning in space? What does it look like? Keep it in mind.. I am still trying to find reference for it.. .

M477
10-24-2004, 11:31 AM
can any one give me some good site where i can find some inspirational pictures of space ships and space stations... i need to c what detailing my work
Hi there 3doid, good to see your work coming on so well!

I think that when it comes to searching for inspiration along the lines of spacestations/crafts you really are looking at someone else's ideas for what they would be like (which is not necessarily a bad thing by any means!) but also have a look at some real life structures to get the fine details, such as grime and wear damage. I find looking at large battle ships, aircraft carriers and planes today are a great source of inspiration! especially world war II constructions.

However, battlestar galactica seems to be a great inspiration for ships - try this link http://www.battlestargalactica.com/Gallery/CG%20Models/index.html

Keep up the good work!! :buttrock:

3doid
10-24-2004, 01:36 PM
o dear-o M477! ur turely a saviour man... thanx for that site address... i was having a lot of problem just because i didnt have any references or inspirational resources... u really helped a lot!....thanx again

teyekanik, im on the same path that u r... i am also looking for xplosion references... i'll put on some links here as soon as i get some..

Okay now guys I got a little problem and need some advices... what dimension should my final image be?... Portrait or Landscape? Most of my concept drawings r meant for portrait view, but now i think landscape view will add more field to my image so the viewer swipes there eyes from left to right... i got another idea that lets make a Square image... now plz tell me ur thought!! m really confused

so the options are:

1. Portrait View
2. Landscape View
3. Square

i really need ur feedback on this one... thanx in advance

markovicd
10-24-2004, 01:47 PM
mate this is gr8!
like that drone so much , that is just how i imagined it ! :D
keep the gr8 work:thumbsup:

plaguelord
10-24-2004, 05:35 PM
LANDSCAPE! for a space battle scene what else can be?!

M477
10-24-2004, 05:41 PM
agreed, landscape is the best (for me at least). You really need something close to the camera on the left and something distant on the right as you say. To have something close at the bottom of a portrait piece is fine also but really I think that widescreen is best. But hey that's me! :shrug:

Borro
10-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Man I love your concepts! They look great! keep it up and update soon :) Good luck!

stevetwist
10-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Woah, some seriously awesome concepts! For someone who said they weren't going to be great due to 'only' using photoshop and a mouse, the concept art is truely amazing.

As previously mentioned, this work surely wont get lost amongst others. I really like the colours in the orangey image. And the space ship designs are interesting.

I think the "end of everything" theme is very appropriate for an opera, which would generally be over dramatic about pretty much anything - and I look forward to seeing this come together in 3d.

simoncvy
10-24-2004, 07:58 PM
When very big objects are close to the viewer they have huge amounts of perspective distortion. I recommend you tilt the central spacestation a little towards the viewer and exagerate the perspective to make it look more dramatic.

3doid
10-24-2004, 08:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098648546_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098648546_large.jpg)

Here is concept/experiment on how am i gonna set the DOF and lighting... I made the models just for pre visualization. I thought not to add any textures, but i wannet it to look how i imagine it in my mind. Again I'm really blessed to join this challange, cause I'm learning and inventing soo many new stuff i never thought of... I invented some neat technique on lighting the scene with out squshing all the juice out of my PC and some neat way to fake a lot of things... dont worry guys i plan to write a lot of tutorials explaning those stuff AFTER THE CHALLENGE ENDS :scream:

Virtuoso
10-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Looking good zubuyer...............Lot's done already.I would recommend in this praticular case to go Landscape,give this a nice wide view..........Good to hear that you are learning more and more as you go too.The learning never stops,always something new to advance yourself.Keep working hard,it's all looking very nice.:arteest:

pBarrelas
10-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Very good!!

Are you using HDR images?

teyekanik
10-24-2004, 08:58 PM
that's looking good man.. but I think starlight appears more white than yellow. And a blue panet would reflect a blueish light on the underside.. right now both lights seem more on the yellow side.

plaguelord
10-24-2004, 09:09 PM
the last picture looks really nice, good colors

BadPenny
10-24-2004, 09:12 PM
kick ass stuff in here!
Love the light and your models..w8ing for more!

3doid
10-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Are you using HDR images?

Nope m not using any hdri... its really slow so i came up with some other idea... i used normal lights and no GI

that's looking good man.. but I think starlight appears more white than yellow. And a blue panet would reflect a blueish light on the underside.. right now both lights seem more on the yellow side.

well i didnt actually worked on teh background... i just put somehting there so it wud look like stars....LOL... And ont eh other hand i want the planet to bun in fury and fire... but i suppose u just have me a gr8 idea to blend Blue and Orange in my scene, thanx for that....and thanx to all for the replies ,well appriciated

TheRealFlyBoy
10-24-2004, 09:32 PM
LOL...I was just sitting here imagining that this scene takes place by a planet in close proximity to a dying sun in its last phase of life. The sun has begun expanding and brightening and the inhabitants of the planet are trying to escape their impending doom.

Love the design of your ship.

Very well done! Look forward to seeing more!

3doid
10-24-2004, 09:50 PM
LOL...I was just sitting here imagining that this scene takes place by a planet in close proximity to a dying sun in its last phase of life. The sun has begun expanding and brightening and the inhabitants of the planet are trying to escape their impending doom.

hey thanx TheRealFlyBoy... thats not xactly what i have in mind, but i can put another twist in my story, lets turn the sun a red dwarf... which emits a more orange light then our sun. and i'll b putting up some heavy space war in my scene, but ur right abt something there is gonna b a big evacuation... all the importent ppl of the world will b carried out of the planet for safety and i intent to show that in my scene.... thanx u soo much for ur reply again

stevetwist
10-24-2004, 09:51 PM
sorry to have to be short (v.late in the evening) but...

looking good man, looking good.

miketche
10-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Can I steal your ship designs? :twisted: I love them! :buttrock:

splotch
10-24-2004, 10:34 PM
wow this is imazing ... nice job i really love that
i love lighting and the whole scene its awsome
wish u the best ..friend
keep rocking

jonahhawk
10-25-2004, 03:47 PM
You are on your way to a vast, epic image. The color of the planet is powerful and denotes devastation.

When i think of "Iconic" I think of something that people will remember for generations. A moment in time that is rendered in oil paintings for centuries to come. Like the Titanic. A recognizable Icon for us in our time. What would be Iconic in the future? or in another time?

adr
10-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Really nice 3doid . The ship concepts looks really cool and the last update with the color test seems to fit very well . Keep going dude we want more updates!!!

markovicd
10-25-2004, 09:00 PM
just one word "BRAVO":thumbsup:

3doid
10-25-2004, 09:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098740842_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098740842_large.jpg)

There is a slight change in the plan (AGAIN!) this time it might b good news for more action lovers... on this setup i'm goin to put a huge space station in the middle equiped with loads of guns... on my scene hundreds of drones and alien ship will attack teh massive station and it'll do every thing in its power to defend itself and kick some alien butt. Also there r gonna b a lots of ships on the earth's side who will also b fighting back... best thing is there r gonna b more xplosions and fires... but now m working on ship design and modeling... i'll b posting those real soon... i guess there might b changes in the design of the station so i'm gonna do that later when i got all teh enemy and good ships modeled....

Virtuoso
10-25-2004, 09:48 PM
More action.................................Only a good thing.Bring it strong Zubuyer.........:arteest:

pertm
10-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Wow this looks great. I can't wait to see more!

oshiroii
10-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Wanted to say this earlier, but some friend stopped by so.... Amazing. I really like the image, really gives you a space feeling. Just detail some more, some cool looking textures and it will rock all :thumbsup:

EDIT: More actions is good :p

GaNNEl
10-26-2004, 02:29 AM
Oh man great work, you're going really good :thumbsup: ... I want to see more yeah!! Btw: I think the lighting in the space is pretty good but a lot like Homeworld... anyways just thoughts! Keep it up! :)

funkymunkey90
10-26-2004, 04:31 AM
your last render is outstanding, great layout and everything...i'll be keeping an eye on this one

stevetwist
10-26-2004, 07:52 AM
Awesome concept -can't wait to see this develop.

More action deffinately = more good

Borro
10-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Great choise of colors(for the lighting!). Keep it up... Really sets a cool mood...

sonicstrawbery
10-26-2004, 09:11 PM
hey 3doid ! it's coming nice, i like your last render test... hope we could see that lighting (and better ;) ) quality in your final work, keep it up i'm looking forward :thumbsup:

Ddavis
10-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Looking great man!!! Some very nice concepts and models, keep up the good work:bounce:

Tekano
10-27-2004, 11:38 PM
i like to see people battling with their battle. keep it up.

madshooter
10-28-2004, 11:12 AM
I like this concept, really cool:thumbsup: , Action rules.

3doid
10-28-2004, 11:16 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098962158_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098962158_large.jpg)

Yeah i know the model name is weird but here it is.... its a small attack craft, im not sure if i wanna put it in earth's defence or alien's side.

About the Craft:
Its a high manueverable assault craft with all the best plasma blasters. it is small and very fast. It is inspired by the Piranha Fish, thus its called a Piranha. It is built to accomodate 2 personals.

C&C plz

markovicd
10-28-2004, 11:37 AM
hey back from the dead ! :D
woah like this very much it looked me like some fish from begining just no piranah more like... whale.... nevermind my brain is wierd :D
like it anyway

madshooter
10-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Man this is rocking:bounce: . This space craft is simply amazing, very nice modeling, clean geometry.
Keep going:thumbsup:

Orporick
10-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Yes, I agree .. the fish-like structure of your ship is really evocative and very well done .. looking forward to see textures on this ..

See you, Riccardo :)

3doid
10-28-2004, 11:56 AM
wow.. so many replies... THANK U SOO MUCH GUYS... u ppl rock

markovicd.: dude ur rite abt something i was dead last 2 days... no internet.. damn i hate my ISP... thanx for teh comment... i wannet it to look like some marine creature... i thought abt Piranha... i'll make the big ships look like whale...LOL nature is always my inspiration

madshooter: Thanx buddy, feels good tha u liked it

Orporick: hey thanx for teh comment.... i'll start textureing my models after i finish atleast soem of them.

One thing i learned.... I AM A SLOW PoKe!... man took me 2 days to tweak that model... o well m always learning, thats the good part...
Okay next i'll start modeling a bigger fish i mean space ship... and lessi how it ends up looking... i'll post some drawings for those today....

markovicd
10-28-2004, 12:01 PM
yeah long live animals :D

fellah
10-28-2004, 12:09 PM
oooh, niiice! I love the shapes, but especially the clean hard edges, all fits together very well for my eyes to be pleased! mmmm.. maybe a meaningless post, but I will have the little arrow next to your post to know what I wanna check again..! ;)

arturro
10-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Super ship! I want one for christmas:) Great design! before I have read the name of the model I had thought about pirania! I think that you can also think of making a hummer-shark ship. The shape of the hummer-shark(I'm not sure if I translated the name of the fish correctly) gives you a great base for next super ship!

Best wishes and keep movin' polys:buttrock:

sonicstrawbery
10-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Very cool ship, it really have the shape of a pyrana, nice modeling start , keep udating my friend !

3doid
10-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Super ship! I want one for christmas:) Great design! before I have read the name of the model I had thought about pirania! I think that you can also think of making a hummer-shark ship. The shape of the hummer-shark(I'm not sure if I translated the name of the fish correctly) gives you a great base for next super ship!

Best wishes and keep movin' polys:buttrock:

hey thats a gr8 idea... i was thinking xactly that... seems like great minds thinks alike...LOL :p

fellah: Thanx for teh appriciation buddy.

cipher: thanx buddy, next update on this ship would b when i finish textureing it... m through with modeling it.. (modeling is boreing and it sux - just like me ;)) and yeah i'll keep on updatin soon...

thank u all again

pBarrelas
10-28-2004, 12:24 PM
I really like that ship too!! The design looks like it have bee inspered in a insect!! I really like it!!:thumbsup:

pigwater
10-28-2004, 12:31 PM
good stuff for sure ... great clean simple design with enough variable interest to please

:thumbsup: for piranha

SONIC-X
10-28-2004, 01:25 PM
It looks a bit more like a whale than a pirana.

Nice ship designs.

3doid
10-28-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098971239_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098971239_large.jpg)

Here is another ship concept.. its bigger then the previous one and also is an asault ship, with heavy weapons...

C&C r welcome

BadPenny
10-28-2004, 04:01 PM
damn great models here..and concepts too..can't wait to see more..:bounce:

gpepper
10-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Really really cool spaceship ! Very good design ! I love it very much !

stevetwist
10-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Dude, both ships rock.

The 3d model is so cool - I want one now, net alone for christmas, lol.

The sketch is also pretty damn neat. I can't wait to see that in 3d too.

SuperXCM
10-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Really good sketch! I like it! And the modeling is very cool, specially the SOB420 Assault Craft . Very very cool!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Amazing!! Want to see it with texture. :drool:

tanguy
10-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi, i like your concept of "thousand ship in the space". This improve the GRAND OPERA SPACE concept. Really cool idea.

3doid
10-28-2004, 06:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098989401_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098989401_large.jpg)

Here is a skatch of a small scout ship... it got very little weapons, mainly used as escape vessel and personal transportation

3doid
10-28-2004, 08:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098994814_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3850/3850_1098994814_large.jpg)

Here is the model of a Small Emergency Transport (SET) shuttle... I wannet to start modleing a big ship but wasnt in the mood so insted built this little one.

pBarrelas
10-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Very nice!! I really like that SET!:thumbsup:

greentek
10-29-2004, 12:42 AM
hey Zubuyer.. you are doing very cool stuff here.. excellent modeling.. cant make any crit for now.. i'll keep an eye on your thread and wait for your lighting/texturing.. then i'll be able to make some helpful comments..
keep it up man..
cheers..

Christoph_H84
10-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Zubuyer, your idea of the red drawf to explain the red/orange lightning is great. I'm impressed the progress you showed. That's what it's all about , to learn from each other.

I'm so thrilled after seeing your piranha ship. If that's one of the small scout ships, I can't wait to see your final station (is that still in?) and hugh battle ships.

3doid
10-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Zubuyer, your idea of the red drawf to explain the red/orange lightning is great. I'm impressed the progress you showed. That's what it's all about , to learn from each other.

I'm so thrilled after seeing your piranha ship. If that's one of the small scout ships, I can't wait to see your final station (is that still in?) and hugh battle ships.

Thanx Christoph, for ur information the Space Station is still in, and i'm also looking forward to working on those soon...

greentek: thanx buddy.. i'll really need ur comments and critiqus at that stage.. cause i'm not that good at lighting and suck at textureing.

stevetwist
10-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Nice modelling, all the spaceships look really cool - that's all I can say.

Virtuoso
10-29-2004, 09:05 AM
It's a whole space ship modeling fleet here..................Looking clean and smooth Zubuyer.......Keep the nice effort up,and the creations flowing.............:arteest:

Osynlig
10-29-2004, 09:26 AM
I love the design of SOB420 Assault Craft!! Great work :thumbsup:

Grimreaper1981
10-29-2004, 09:50 AM
yeah man, very fast ang great modeling, can't wait to see more pics :thumbsup:

element5
10-29-2004, 10:56 AM
some good concepts and some awesome 3D models, will have to pull up a chair to see this scene come together. :thumbsup:

ghoul
10-29-2004, 11:08 AM
I like your work, these ships have their unique style! Keep it up.

teyekanik
10-29-2004, 11:32 AM
man those engines on that one are great.. nioce work dude...

shards
10-29-2004, 07:47 PM
:eek:
very good work here!! I like the concepts and the modelling too is very good!! :thumbsup:
looking forward to see more from you!! :applause:

Doublecrash
10-30-2004, 02:30 AM
Gee, that is a rockin' model! I like it a whole lot. Now, if I just remember the number of it... ;)

Also the idea of getting more action, like I saw in your other sketches, sounds real good.

S.

MrCrowpsey
11-01-2004, 03:33 AM
lookin good man, reall good! i cant wait to see more of it come together. keep it up : )

uwil
11-01-2004, 06:59 PM
the modeling is nice and quite fast. btw, the ship reminds me off starship trooper. good luck. :thumbsup:

SONIC-X
11-02-2004, 04:59 AM
Very nice little set - keep it coming.

GaNNEl
11-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Hey hey hey! Really nice and clean models! Like them a lot! Keep with the hard work! :buttrock:

hydrocell
11-12-2004, 09:24 PM
nice ships.. i look forward to seeing them together!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.