PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Harry Spirides

digital_rhino
10-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Harry Spirides has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

digital_rhino
10-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Well...I always seem to want to enter, yet never finish. Here's to the first time.

Idea #1: "Against All Odds"

It will be one very small lone ship faced with an entire armada of enemy ships.

Or, same idea, except using one small lone soldier faced with a enormous invading alien army.

I know...not very original, but hey...I can still make it look good.

Thoughts?

Oh and...GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE ENTERING THE CHALLENGE:thumbsup:

I'm pulling for each and every one of ya! (to come in second of course. just kidding)

digital_rhino
10-21-2004, 07:46 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3821/3821_1098388008_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3821/3821_1098388008_large.jpg)

Just the first idea. Not to original I don't think.

Cole
10-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Dont know why, but that sketch is pretty funny. Would be hilarious to see some really small soldier with a huge gun against a giant army :P At the moment it almost seems like a little kid! Would be a great way to make the image less stereotypical too!

Grimreaper1981
10-21-2004, 08:48 PM
would be nice if we have some cartoon-style in that challenge, no disadvantage :thumbsup:

oshiroii
10-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Dont know why, but that sketch is pretty funny. Would be hilarious to see some really small soldier with a huge gun against a giant army :P At the moment it almost seems like a little kid! Would be a great way to make the image less stereotypical too!

If this is what you're going for it will be really funny and worth to keep an eye on ;)

digital_rhino
10-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey thanks guys! :thumbsup: If I go with this idea, it probably will be a cartoon style. I hope it doesnt end up being a disadvantage. Well I hope you guys do keep an eye on my through this...I'll post something soon.

BookMansBlues
10-22-2004, 05:14 PM
I think it would be a dissadvantage sorry to say. But I still Think it's a great idea and would be worth doing anyway.

Good Luck

oshiroii
10-22-2004, 05:29 PM
It is indeed a really nice idea, and it would make a really cool image. But please explain the iconic event. It's not like a real victory, or real loss (since there's only one man) It's just a very fun situation. I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure if it fits in the theme :hmm:

digital_rhino
10-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Bookman: yeah I'm sure it would be a disadvantage. But I never really worry about winning the challenges. They just give me great ideas to work on.

oshiroii: Well...the grand event is the enormous invading army, with the pending (and obvious) defeat for the small soldier. I may alter the idea a bit, but I like the lone soldier idea.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.