PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Adam Cranch

BiGMaCHiNe
10-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Adam Cranch has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

BiGMaCHiNe
10-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Good luck to everyone first off.

At the moment ( ive been thinking about this for an entire 10 minutes ) im somehow imagining the fall of an empire. But not so much as the destruction of the city / planet ( or perhaps as a backdrop ) but with the slaying of a king/emporer - figure or something related. All sci - fi'd up ofcourse but in relativity.

But that also sounds incredibly cliche, and small scale in alot of ways. Then that could be the execution also.

hrmm.. perhaps its a bit early to be broadcasting ideas. lol.

BiGMaCHiNe
10-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Another idea.. altho it takes the title maybe TOO literally.

A Theatre/theatrical presentation/play/drama of robots portraying/pretending to be humans on a stage or some medium.

BiGMaCHiNe
10-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Idea. no 3.

Robots/A.I/Technology (on Earth) was created by Man. Technology exterminates/slays Mankind.

My idea for the image ( perhaps the most contraversial ) is to make some sort of religous reference. Robots slaying their creator than in turn the image portraying the worshiping of their creators - mankind ( now extinct ).

Perhaps thru a statue. Like the statue of David ( or if thats not allowed, similar concept ). And the robots symbolically worshipping, perhaps thru bowing down or some other symbolic ritual.

I think i like this the best so far.

thesuit
10-18-2004, 03:29 PM
I like the third idea... although you should give it more works on concept, I think it has great potential. Good luck to ya,

Ill keep an eye over here...

BiGMaCHiNe
10-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah definitely.

I was just trying to brainstorm an idea that was worth working on.

And I think im happy with the 3rd as very 'base' idea to work on.

Let the pre production process begin!

DimitrisLiatsos
10-18-2004, 03:35 PM
The third...me agree with thesuit :bounce:

BiGMaCHiNe
10-19-2004, 11:07 AM
After a few sketches, and conceptation i think im going to scrap the third idea as well.

For a couple of reasons. Mostly, conceptually i dont think it incorporates the 'space theme' enough. It seemeed to be gearing more towards post-apocolyptic, or the extinction of human race whatever. it was just earth bound as both the machines and humans needed to be on earth, as that needed to be very clear.

I think its a really cool concept tho and sketches were ok, and so perhaps something i will work on in future.

HieSpike
10-22-2004, 01:40 AM
where all the sketches?? I would love to see the "failed" attempts as well as the succesful ones. It's always a learning experience.

ArtisticVisions
10-22-2004, 04:17 AM
Yes, lets see the skectches. :)

I think the 3rd concept could work; it could be along the lines of "A New Age beginning with the death of the Old Age".

HieSpike
11-21-2004, 02:35 AM
nothing new yet? Come on, let's see some work!! :)

ArtisticVisions
11-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Maybe he dropped out?
(been noticing several others here and there who haven't updated in a while)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.