PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

gpepper
12-07-2004, 05:14 PM
really realllllllllly amazing work on texture dim ! really nice ! Keep on working Man ! :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 05:19 PM
really realllllllllly amazing work on texture dim ! really nice ! Keep on working Man ! :bounce:

aaaaaaaa....the new avatar kicks buttt...ahahahahahahahah...thanks man :)

@ piggy...i live ...lol...don't i ?:sad:....but to tell some truth not too much from the point i entered this challenge with this freaking idea...of making a battle..lol :scream: :scream:

@ Denman, greentek, jfelrod1960, shotta ..thanks friends..new update is cooking as we speak..let's hope it looks good ..lol :banghead:

@ Lemog the NUT ! ....lol..thanks for keeping this between us...lol :scream:

i am jealous at piggy..i want to play Homeworld2 to my MAC... :cry: :cry:

gpepper
12-07-2004, 07:03 PM
aaaaaaaa....the new avatar kicks buttt...ahahahahahahahah...thanks man :)

Dedicaded especially for you ! :thumbsup:

you a genius or a psycho i didnt decided yet.. (just kidding)

He is a psychotic genius !

:D

flyingP
12-07-2004, 07:52 PM
i am jealous at piggy..i want to play Homeworld2 to my MAC... :cry: :cry:

I thought you had ordered it :) if it makes you feel any better I've been on a lot of Dad Duty with my 11 month old son the last few days and haven't had much time to really have that much of a go myself, tomorrow and Thursday will be no different :cry: ....................naahhh being a dad is a lot of fun too :D

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 08:54 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102456489_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102456489_large.jpg)

...here is a new thought for final image...and also the Bridge System textured..i see some tweaks here and there...but the main texturing i hope is over..lol

I hope u like it...

comments and crits are welcomed....

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 08:59 PM
@ gpepper ...lol...maybe i am just phycotic... :scream: :bounce: :scream:

@ flyingP...i did..but Mac games take some time to come in Greece...lol...but either way i have my hands full with a tv spot again...lol..and also my wife is starting to look at me with that Killer Look :argh: :argh: hahahahahahah

...bubbles

arturro
12-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Well, well, nice render man! I think that the camera is too close to the "action" this ship takes too much of the picture... I think you should move the camera back a little bit, I don't think that it will couse loosing the feel of the grand scale. But I must admit it... it's bloody damn good piece of picture:buttrock:

Frenchy Pilou
12-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Cool works! :thumbsup:

Ps
Every thing that has a beginning...has an end!
maybe, but what before and what after? :D Metaphysic isn't it :rolleyes:

ace4016
12-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Incredible texture job, now im waiting to see the vehicles and people textured.

usstodd
12-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Sweet! :thumbsup:

Great design and texturing detail. It is looking awsome.

essencedesign
12-07-2004, 10:35 PM
comming along so nicly over nere my friend....one small thing i thought i'd point out...may just be me but that lens flare in the upper right corner is a little ..."hot"..could be toned downm a bit my eye kind of wants to wander towords it and not see all your other amazing details :applause: :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 10:57 PM
well i won't be out this new tradition here..so....

http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/santa.jpg

@ arturro ..thanks friend..i 'll see what i can do when more things will be in the scene.. :)

@ Frenchy Pilou hhahahah...before the end is the waiting to end or the wish not to end something...after is the hope for a fresh start... :)

@ ace4016, usstodd ...thank u friends..i am glad u like it... :)

@ essencedesign ..thanks friend..yes the flare is one of the things that needs tweaking.. :thumbsup:

essencedesign
12-07-2004, 10:58 PM
hey i want a green ribbon too.... :cry: :cry:

arturro
12-07-2004, 11:01 PM
I want to have a beer with this guy! :beer:

sweet, and sexy:twisted: all the ladies in the pub will be ours:bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 11:03 PM
hahahahahhahahaha :scream: :scream:

JamesMK
12-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Great! I expect to have some serious nightmares now.... and for a few years to come :scream: :scream: :scream:

Squibbit
12-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Great! I expect to have some serious nightmares now.... and for a few years to come :scream: :scream: :scream:

YEARRGGH , me too!!

Climax
12-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Hey Dim! nice new hat! it fits u very well :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 11:43 PM
lol.... :scream: :scream: :scream:

Squibbit
12-07-2004, 11:46 PM
I did warn u, remember, wabbit ? :P

dark-elf2
12-07-2004, 11:50 PM
man i would hate to see him comin down the chiminy
thank god im always asleep
haha lol

JamesMK
12-07-2004, 11:56 PM
I did warn u, remember, wabbit ? :P
Yes, you did.... Why oh why didn't I listen? :banghead:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Yes, you did.... Why oh why didn't I listen? :banghead:

har har har.... :bounce:

Kraull
12-08-2004, 12:55 AM
mmhhhh... interesting this hat... I think I've seen it before... Anyway, I really like the shape and the point of view of your architecture. Maybe just a little remark about the colours of the sunset in the background. I think the orange could be a little bit less saturated. In that way, it would give more perspective to your scene and make the orange-yellow light at the front more flashy. I don't know for sure if it would help, but it may worth the try.

Great work so far!:)

jfelrod1960
12-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Great work! :thumbsup:

Will you have time to finish everything? Looks like a lot of hard work.

Lemog
12-08-2004, 06:45 AM
I like this new friend you know... he make me feel something pretty... well... I'm afraid to say what I think exactly...

no... don't knock me the head santa :banghead:

flyingP
12-08-2004, 06:52 AM

Hmmm that nose looks kinda familiar :surprised

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 07:00 AM
u got it right! :scream: :scream:

flyingP
12-08-2004, 08:57 AM
u got it right! :scream: :scream:

OK fine then :p

and where are the Wabbit ears and the glasses ?

Squibbit
12-08-2004, 09:02 AM
I like this new friend you know... he make me feel something pretty... well... I'm afraid to say what I think exactly...

:surprised

MEDIC !!!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 09:07 AM
:) ...lol...will do tonight then....sorry i forgot that...and i have to find for that crazy Frenchy something...hey meanwhile please check back 2 pages the new Previz and Towers - Bridges texturing guys...lol..it got lost with the Santa thing...lol . :blush: ....i really need some feedback on this...Do it and i will buy lollipos for everyone...(bribe :scream: )

gpepper
12-08-2004, 09:08 AM
well i won't be out this new tradition here..so....

Next CGtalk contest: Imagine the new santa claus ! :)

flyingP
12-08-2004, 09:21 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102456489_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102456489_large.jpg)

you mean this one......same crit as before I feel you could be in danger of making it all a bit too busy....I'd really give some thought to where you use those lights, I'd use them really just to highlight areas of interest and dim them down in less important areas, in other words use them more as a compositional aid rather than an art texture.....that make any sense?? :argh:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Oh thanks...yes it makes sense ...i will make the light confusion less and i also will make less window lights on...also the windows to the lower part (under) which look to be in a confusion...i will make them rows...not so random...the two bright rows (horizontal) ..they are too bright and u can't really see that the are small windows there...i will fix that too..thank u man..i was hoping that this would be the issue here..cuase this is something i can change easily..:bounce: .....now i will send u your lollipop candy :scream: ..a deal is deal...lol

ace4016
12-08-2004, 09:30 AM
zoom out first(although im sure that view wouldnt be your final view). Turning that bright spot on the tower down would be beneficial too. I would also recommend making the background darker, but without all the models there that might be a bad recommendation. I dont know too much about lighting(i dont know squat about lighting actually) but I'd think that almost all your models would need to be in the scene to know what the level of light needs to be. I still think the textures look great, don't know what else to say.

flyingP
12-08-2004, 09:35 AM
now i will send u your lollipop candy :scream: ..a deal is deal...lol

:bounce: :bounce:

another option with the lights is colour, the closer they fit with background colours the less dominant they should work in places IMO, at least it is worth experimenting with :)

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys these are nice ideas too.....U like the idea of portrait in this perspective(although i think that some models will loos their part in this image at the end) ?..lol...:bounce:

Cre8
12-08-2004, 09:41 AM
I saw your WIP renders and would like 2 say i was really impressed.
You got depth in your designs and that´s what makes the difference between a good artist and a crap one.

Cant wait 2 see your finished project. I´m sure it´s gonna be an eye opener!

Good luck, I´ll see you in the next challenge, coz i dont have time to take part this time.

Keep an eye out for Marco Max Bonaria, he´s a friend of mine, he´s also quite good.

Cheers mate!

flyingP
12-08-2004, 09:43 AM
(although i think that some models will loos their part in this image at the end) ?..lol...:bounce:

personally I have been expecting that, but it has been fun watching you build them, and it leaves you with some flexibility soooo.....

ace4016
12-08-2004, 09:43 AM
I think we need to see how everything fits in the scene first before that can really be decided, just my opinion. As you add models, the scene will look different and may need a new perspective.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Piggy ... i know u knew..u are an freakin good illustartor so i suppose u have seen all this happening in your mind(that's why i hate u guys...:scream: :love: ...hahaha)but ace4016 has a point too..mmm...well we will see how will this evolve now.. ..:banghead: :wip: :wip:

flyingP
12-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Piggy ... i know u knew..u are an freakin good illustartor

thanks for the compliment Dimitris, but I wouldn't stand a chance in the 2D section this time, there's some guys in there with real talent...........they scare the crap out of me :scream: :D

Squibbit
12-08-2004, 10:18 AM
thanks for the compliment Dimitris, but I wouldn't stand a chance in the 2D section this time, there's some guys in there with real talent...........they scare the crap out of me :scream: :D
...riiiight.... a little modest here, aren't we ? :)

flyingP
12-08-2004, 10:20 AM
...riiiight.... a little modest here, aren't we ? :)

no I am really quite serious.....this time :D

Squibbit
12-08-2004, 10:42 AM
ach , u be right , they be a hideously tough bunch to beat :cry:

GaNNEl
12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Hello! Long time since my last visit to the challenge, I was finishing school and I got graduated weeee :scream: (now on to the university :banghead: ) ! Anyways, Dimitris I'm without words... in this 2 or 3 weeks I can say that you're the best around here!:applause: Now that I have time I will follow this to the end... Best of luck! and AWESOME WORK Keep it going! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JamesMK
12-08-2004, 07:20 PM
OK, something I've been thinking about for a while concerning the composition.... I'm pretty sure you will simply have to sacrifice something, leave something outside of the frame. If you could submit an animated camera pan here, everything would be perfect, it's the ultimate space opera scene... But for a still... chop chop... something has to be cropped, particularly considering the fact that the bridge is all over the place on every axis (even a few axes I didn't even know existed). Put your characters and vehicles in a terrain with the bridge and all, then just "walk around" with a fairly normal (no insane lens setting) camera to find a spot...

Squibbit
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM
nah , i'd say crop the bridge. it's too big

then u just model random sticks and make a nest for the sparrows!
hey maybe the nest is on a high cliff overlooking the bridge, then
u can put the bridge back in cause it's so far away and thuswise small!

then u can put the royal guard climbing towards the nest to steal
sparrow eggs for his queen.

then the sparrows will blast him with lasers

you'd win this I'm sure

PS. you could put other guards lying on their backs on the bridge...
they would've tried to get to the eggs, failed and fallen on the bridge

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 08:27 PM
@ Squibbit ...hahahaha...man u are certifiable NUTS..that's something i like in a person...hhahah :bounce: hahahahahah

@ JamesMK ...yup u are right ...that is a small thought i had and i say i am glad i here it from someone out of my head...i 'll do exaclty that...i 'll put every thing in my scene...and then play around with camear to find a very good angle....But don't worry ..even if i chop something out...it will be visible after the challenge ..i intend to go to animation this battle 3-5 minutes short...so i am not unhappy about chopping now...lol...thanks Bierd Potatoe Carote Fluf :scream: :scream:

@ GaNNEl ...thanks friend... :bounce:

JamesMK
12-08-2004, 08:29 PM
..even if i chop something out...it will be visible after the challenge ..i intend to go to animation this battle 3-5 minutes short...
Oh, I'm very happy to hear that :bounce: Sometimes a little chopping can be a good thing... I mean, just consider making a salad without ever chopping stuff - it's hideous!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Oh,... I mean, just consider making a salad without ever chopping stuff - it's hideous!

ROFLAMO..... :scream: :scream: :scream:

flyingP
12-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Oh, I'm very happy to hear that :bounce: Sometimes a little chopping can be a good thing... I mean, just consider making a salad without ever chopping stuff - it's hideous!

your supposed to chop stuff ??? :eek: .........you'll be adding a dressing next :rolleyes:

Deadlyforce
12-08-2004, 10:53 PM
This is really looking great !:thumbsup:
I don't really know what to say to improve your scene at the moment...
I will think about it...

Cya !

Deadlyforce
12-08-2004, 10:59 PM
One thing : the sun (lens flare) seems too bright. You could try to reduce it or have only 25% of it appearing near the building.
On the other hand it helps focus on the bigger element in your composition...

Just an idea...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey thanks man ..i just finished texturing adjustments of Bridge Tower Node( 1 quorter of all the bridge)..i will probably eliminate the flare and think something else there ..thanks friend! :bounce: ..uploading in 15 minutes :)

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 11:36 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102552610_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102552610_large.jpg)

...arrgghhh...i think i finished some major stuff...some over glowing will..be adjusted more in final scene....hope u like this...It's basically the 1 Quarter of Bridge Tower system Node...

Comments and crits always welcomed...

uwil
12-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Dimi, awsome effort!:applause: no crits. ohh... maybe more light in the bridge..
cheers!

JamesMK
12-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Nah, that really just looks great :thumbsup: Maybe the big cyan lights are a bit over the top, but that's just nitpicking.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Nah, that really just looks great :thumbsup: Maybe the big cyan lights are a bit over the top, but that's just nitpicking.

...get out of my head NUT...u are right ...again :scream: ...i was just lazy to rerender stuff.. :scream: ...hahhahah..thanks James

JamesMK
12-09-2004, 12:04 AM
...i was just lazy to rerender stuff.. :scream:
Oh, that just TOTALLY never happens to me... :rolleyes:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-09-2004, 12:10 AM
hahahahahahahahah

GaNNEl
12-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Great! But, can I think it would be nice to see some little red lights... Like alarm lights, anyways its just an idea... As usual you keep rocking :buttrock:

Squibbit
12-09-2004, 05:10 AM
and here too! starting to look real nice ! :thumbsup:

Rook
12-09-2004, 05:21 AM
I like the glows on the ship. Very nice.

Lemog
12-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Just one thing... the gate appear too dark for me... but the rest looks great :thumbsup:

terraarc
12-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Nice going Dim! :thumbsup:
I find the glows and lights on construct fairly scattered all over it. Waiting for more

Versiden
12-09-2004, 06:54 AM
looks really good man.. I think the bridges is a bit dark tho.. but they may be because of the environment..

Kaksht
12-09-2004, 06:56 AM
Hi there Dimitris!
Well what can i say, purelie awesome stuff that Your doing here, just awesome glows and superb modeling!
Btw, whats the picture in the background? If a planet is in the left then whats in the right?

Lelantos
12-09-2004, 07:18 AM
very nice update really lovit those glows are excellent
texturing is awesome no crits:thumbsup:

by the way this really looks heavy great amount of polygons

keep it up mate i am following here:buttrock:

greentek
12-09-2004, 08:30 AM
great update Dimitris..!
looks very nice and cool..! :thumbsup:
keep going my friend and cheers.. :beer:

flyingP
12-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Btw, whats the picture in the background? If a planet is in the left then whats in the right?

looks like he had his finger over the lens again :rolleyes:

:p :D

oneir0s
12-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Great work. Just an opinion, for me the glows are very longs. And I have the feeling that the bridge are less illuminated, maybe the brigthness, maybe the lights, I think that a little bite of ambience help it. Is only a little opinion.

Congratulations, nice work.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Hey thanks guys....Your comments help a lot...Basically the cyan light glows will tone down or changed (i hope for the better ) 'cuase they are a bit too much now as JamesMK said and in the final scene i will take care also the part of the Bridge which now seems a little bit dark as Lemog said....

The nice part is that up to now the complete Bridge and Clouds and Terrain have 10 minutes Render time in Full Resolution..which is something i didn't expect....weeeeeee

I think i will final Tweaks on Bridge now and go to the Next element for Texturing...:bounce:

Thanks u friends ...your comments helped a lot...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102681102_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102681102_large.jpg)

...starting Texturing on Royal Guard...
here are some thoughts on his base coloring....

C&C always welcomed...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 11:37 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102682253_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102682253_large.jpg)

..and a render of that...so far...don't worry he won't be so clean and shiny when i 'll finish with him..heheh...

C&C are welcomed

Versiden
12-10-2004, 12:25 PM
What materials is it going to be made of?

I know the colours are preliminary right now.. but im not too sure about it orange at the moment. It looks like a speedo wet suit underneath the armour

Squibbit
12-10-2004, 12:34 PM
I dig the orange. fit to police or guard in my opinion.

other than that , everything looks as good as usual :thumbsup:

Lemog
12-10-2004, 12:39 PM
It's yet really beautiful man... I love your render :thumbsup:

terraarc
12-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Nice start on the materials!! :thumbsup:
I dig the dark colors and the orange stripes!

flyingP
12-10-2004, 01:39 PM
just a thought, but if this scene is going to be darkish, isn't it likely that we'll only end up seeing the orange stripes and a few reflections :shrug:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 01:53 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102690408_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102690408_large.jpg)

...Update on this....hope u like this..

Comments and Crits always welcomed

essencedesign
12-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Looking sharp boss...how many of these little fellahs are goiong to be in the scene..??

YasushAzush
12-10-2004, 02:01 PM
hi dimit long time no.................:scream:
i was in a small trip :twisted:
u got a lot of update in this 7 days:eek:
nice job :bounce:
it seems you have enouph time to work on :)
good luck:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 02:03 PM
@ Versiden ...hey friend..check this last update ..hope that clears a bit the matter about what's in the orange area...:)

@ Squi - rel and Potatoe Nut Frenchy , terraarc..thanks friends...it will change more as i work on this but help for the good words..:bounce:

@ flyingP .....Nice question my friend...well basically i won't let the final scene be very dark and i have in mind the danger of the orange stripes to be the only thing visible....the lighting of the scene will be the final stage so i will take good care of stuff ther...but thanks for pointing this out :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@ essencedesign ...thnaks man..One of them will be very very close ...heheheeh....if the images allow me to show army i will put about 5-15 guys in the scene :bounce: ..it all will come down to the final compo...but what u see here will be visible from him...he is going to be very close...har har:twisted:

evanfotis
12-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi Dimitri,
Actually I prefered the previous render material without the extra texture on the suit.
The last one kinda makes it more contemporary and plastic, more motorcycle suit that can be teared of easily. I'm talking about the adbomen part.
The texture on the sleeves are far better in this last render, with the microcel feel.
I suggest to keep the new sleeves but revert the body to the more solid armour look.
:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Well...i think i can experiment a little bit more on the abdomen area texturing....thanks evanfotis :thumbsup:

EDIT : wait 2 min ..i will update with a comparison image..so that u will help in deciding the texture feeling there...:bounce:

JamesMK
12-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Oh, I like that hatched structure you've added on some parts of the clothes... makes him look like some sort of future athlete dressed in Mega Ultra Goretex 3000 :D

evanfotis
12-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Also, I noticed now, you reduced the metalic parts on this latter image,on the side... rib-exhausts, and dirtied up the chromes.
The new flattened version makes it a bit cheapy toy, whereas the previous although a bit too much, was more robust and "functional". Since we're talking sci-fi, and future stuff, I think, if you chamfer the edge but keep their main body the same width it would be nice.
And I really love the abdomen and obligues as they where in the previous state. For me no need to fidle with them, cause they give a uniformity to the suit.
Look at the last effort and the pectoral area starts to missmatch with the rest.
my 2cents

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 02:41 PM
@ JamesMK...ahahahah..lol ...U are NUTS..hahahaha

@ evanfotis ..u have a point...i will upload in just 1 minute more a new update on it by taking some care in the areas mentioned...i hope i understood correctly 'cuase my English aren't so good....:bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 02:52 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102693954_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102693954_large.jpg)

...ok...comparison...which one u like better friends...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 02:54 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102694056_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102694056_large.jpg)

...and just a bigger one of the last thought..on this ..

Comments and crits are welcomed.

JamesMK
12-10-2004, 02:55 PM
I prefer the shiny one, except for the strange result on the pectoralis part... don't know if it's because of the reflection map or the geometry, but the curvature looks a tad bit wonky to me. Maybe if the pecs had the same type of material as the belly plate, that would be perfect.

:shrug: tough call...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 02:58 PM
aahh..yes... i was hasty on this ..i understand what u mean....let me see what i can do on this...thanks wabbit :thumbsup:

flyingP
12-10-2004, 03:03 PM
which one u like better friends...

what the wabbit said :)

mv
12-10-2004, 03:09 PM
I prefer the matte one... just think the shader is a bit uniformly grey and dull so far. playing with subtle speculars and texture would help. Chrome is a bit cliché in all honesty :)
I like the fabric patterns you have on the arms very much. If all the character could be in that spirit, I would really like it.
keep outdoing yourself Dimitris!

stork
12-10-2004, 03:12 PM
the only problem with the shiny one is that it inplies it is metal of some sort, which would prohibit this guy from bending at all...
what if you did the abdominal "sheilds" or "pads" whatever you choose to call them as rigid and metalic, but you did the flexible looking cloth material between the pads? instead of all one way or the other?

flyingP
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
the only problem with the shiny one is that it inplies it is metal of some sort, which would prohibit this guy from bending at all...

not if it is tinfoil :lightbulb

:D

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 03:18 PM
@ m@ and stork ... after experimenting real time this past hour ...i will post one " full metal jacket" but i think guys u are right...stork...that's also the conclusion i came this last hour thanks...m@ ..u are right ..this shiny metal thing is little bit cliché...

After the next update i will make balance in this suit....:wip: ...thank u friends

Deadlyforce
12-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Wahow ! great 80's feel in those suits !
I love that design !:bounce:

Anyway, I'll wait to see the whole character to make crits...:twisted:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 03:21 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102695698_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102695698_large.jpg)

...the continue on discussion...one more update follows with i think the balance between all this...

updating again in a while

JamesMK
12-10-2004, 03:22 PM
I'm sure the pig is on to something there.... a suit made of tinfoil is great, particularly if you plan to cook him in the oven later on, perhaps with some nice mushrooms, cheese and broccoli.

flyingP
12-10-2004, 03:26 PM
mmmmm broccoli :drool:

evanfotis
12-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Ok, I surely prefer the last one, but with the oldmetal-hardplastik look on the torso, with the shiny "spine" in the centre of course.
The ovelry shiny chrome isn't very convincing. Keep the charcoal black-thick plastic look, which while solid has some elastisity; the chrome is too rigid.

monsitj
12-10-2004, 03:45 PM
hi, you are very fast :> armor look great , and in my opinion , i think the latest one is the best for sure!!
oh! man your thread is very big! and have fun to read!!
good luck !!

jfelrod1960
12-10-2004, 03:53 PM
This is just amazing work! I'm dying to see it all come together. :bowdown:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Pig , wabbit :eek: ...where is the food? :scream:

monsitj :bowdown: :bowdown:

evanfotis ..i think i found some balance...one more update for now is coming...got to leave from here i am now..lol

Deadly Force ... :)

jfelrod1960 ...thanks man...i am trying to do something better from before..i hope i can succed :)

One last update is coming...for now :twisted:

stork
12-10-2004, 04:09 PM
http://www.storkmedia.biz/images/bothmaterials_large.jpg

i apologize for altering your work dimi, but i just did a quick mask job in photoshop to show what i meant... it does not necessarily have to be just one material... (oops did not touch up the chest plate!!!)

Squibbit
12-10-2004, 04:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102682253_medium.jpg

This is where I think this was at its best : It's smooth dark , mattish ..with the orange as a
distinct, but not blinding highlight. Here it looks like armor and padding . No 'Hey I'm here!'
chrome parts, or weirdly smudged and dirtied smooth ,shiny parts. This here now is just
armored , padded , flexible , cool-looking piece of equipment.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 04:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102699198_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102699198_large.jpg)

...ok this is where i have this up to now....thanks for the over paints guys ..i will get back on this maybe late tonight ..or tommorow..got to run now...

Hope u like this so far...U are all very helpfull at this thank u ...weeeeeeee (running like crazy...i am late...)

jdsb
12-10-2004, 04:23 PM
nice! ;) :p

TKraccoon
12-10-2004, 04:49 PM
I like the version at the top of the previous page (from this post) the best in terms of style (very sleak and futuristic), though your last render looks like it would a lot more comfortable to wear and easy to maneuver in. I like the idea of the mesh surrounded it as it helps break up the solid color. It does seem a bit large for me though, maybe if you made the pattern a bit smaller it would give the model a finer detail, if that made any sense ;) Good work regardless though.

Deadlyforce
12-10-2004, 05:58 PM
I really would like to try this suit ! This seems to be my size...
Don't you have any dressing room here ?

Nice work ! The last version is the best I think.:wise:

Versiden
12-10-2004, 06:42 PM
hiya.. I see where you're going with it.. textures are looking much better.:thumbsup:

Kaksht
12-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi there Dimitris!
Thats a nice swimsuit youwe got here, mann... those textures are of the hook! And the rustly plates! Just awesome!

jfelrod1960
12-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Have you textured the Sparrow Fighter yet? That thing is awesome.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 08:42 PM
@ jdsb ...:)

@ TKraccoon ... Thanks friend..i also think that in the last update i did , the suit looks more comfortable to move in a battle...also i want it to look advanced but not only through slick metal stuff but also through the use of Kevlar - material or the materials use in advanced motor biker suits...i have many things to tweak more..:bounce:

@ Deadly Force ,Versiden...thanks ..me too thinks last version looks better ..u all helped for that ....:)

@ Kaksht ...:)

@ jfelrod1960 ... right now i am working on a tv spot again :banghead: :banghead: ...i will try through that also to finish this guy ..then i will texture the fighter Sparrow...the Grana Captain (bad guy...lol) and then the Grana Lander and Tank....i think my hands are full of work on this...ahhh...i have a laptop also rendering Explosions in Lightwave's Hypervoxels technology...weeeeeee:twisted:

EDIT :....@ flyingP ...maaaannn ...hahahahahah..your Xmass avatar is killing me ...aaahahahahahahaha :scream: :thumbsup:

Aethyrprime
12-10-2004, 09:07 PM
This is absolutely fantastic work on your behalf. Man that suit looks sweet. Not even 1 complaint... Great work.

Climax
12-10-2004, 09:28 PM
• Remarkable! I wonder how my Shrimp-avatar would look with one of those armors? :D

• Cool Dim, it is allways appealing comming to your thread to see it growing with good stuff! Keep it up pal! you are one of my favorites
:beer:

flyingP
12-10-2004, 09:53 PM
EDIT :....@ flyingP ...maaaannn ...hahahahahah..your Xmass avatar is killing me ...aaahahahahahahaha :scream: :thumbsup:

yeah.......well I was feeling a bit left out :D

rattlesnake
12-10-2004, 09:59 PM
one word: amazing!

one smiley::arteest:

D-3
12-10-2004, 11:08 PM
hello DimitrisLiatsos !!

I am not your friend.. unhappily.. but I will be the most sincere possible with you.
I was accompanying your work and I think you have many wonderful models... but the composition of your scene this confused one and no this valuing their best models.. I believe that maybe is the time to stop a little. To sit down and to begin to contemplate on your final scene.

i´m would like to see all the great models well distributed!
Everything has to be one of the best entrance of the contest!!

I wait for not having offended
Thank you! And good luck!

:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 11:32 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102725140_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102725140_large.jpg)

....worked a bit more now...(yes it's very late at night..lol) on Royal Guard . I think i am at good road with his suit....but then again..C&C are always welcomed and helpful..

jdsb
12-10-2004, 11:35 PM
that is just sick man :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
totally amazing

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 11:40 PM
@ ||) |V| |^|, Climax, rattlesnake ...thanks guys...i am really happy u like it so far :bounce:

@ flyingP.... :scream: ..but man in a rate of 10..u get 10 with this avatar...i 've seen it for the 9th time now and i am still laughing like nuts...hahahah....u look like a STUFFED pig :scream: :scream:

@ D-3 ...Thank u friend. Of course i am NOT affende in any way. I am happy to hear that u are thinking the overall scene in final image....i have this on mind too ..all the time ..trust me.... :bounce: ...thanks friend..

updating with one more closer to head and pec area....
:wip:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-10-2004, 11:44 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102725894_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102725894_large.jpg)

..a closer one front to show better some correction...

..i hope u like it ...

mmoir
12-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Dimitris,
That is one cool suit, the texturing looks very nice, believable too. It will be interesting to see where you are going to place this guy in your scene.
Great job.:thumbsup:

Mike
My GSO entry
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=180886

DimitrisLiatsos
12-11-2004, 12:57 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102730274_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102730274_large.jpg)

...make use fast of ZBrush on this....i made this 3D from a Dracon tatoo sign on his armour from the image above using the Make3D procedure in ZB.

Hope u like this....

C&C are welcomed....

JamesMK
12-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Very nice touch with that dragon ornament... And I really have to say that there is a subtle excellence in the lighting of the last few renders. How on earth are you going to be able to stay away from those HDRI:s for the final? :D

Climax
12-11-2004, 01:23 AM
• :eek: :eek: More Post?? so Soon? Damn! don't you have a life?? LOL :D Great stuff! I like it so much! So i don't mind coming over and over :thumbsup:

cbraun
12-11-2004, 02:05 AM
no wayyyyyy:eek:

awesomeee man, it looks great conratulations, i love the helmet texture

since today ill call u sensei dimitri:buttrock:

rybeck
12-11-2004, 03:47 AM
You are not only take care big picture but but also look for small part (such as locg design on royal guard uniform...) I love them a lot. Kep up good work and good luck on your project...

CreatorBox
12-11-2004, 04:21 AM
Dimitris, you have very neat designs. I really like the way you put many detials into your character. Cant wait to see the textured Sparrow . Two thumbs up !

TKraccoon
12-11-2004, 05:05 AM
This just keeps getting better. I like how you changed the area over the chest to match the abs, the overall design looks less "cliche" so to speak because of it. I also love how you designed the helmet, nothing but praise there :love:I agree with the above comments that the dragon was a nice touch too; I would have never thought of that :) Is he going to be able to move his head independantly of the helmet? If not I don't know if having those windows on the side would be a wise idea in battle. Just a thought.

KOryH
12-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Man the detail that's going into this is fantastic.
Enough for a whole movie!!!

flyingP
12-11-2004, 08:37 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102730274_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102730274_large.jpg)

...make use fast of ZBrush on this....i made this 3D from a Dracon tatoo sign on his armour from the image above using the Make3D procedure in ZB.

Hope u like this....

C&C are welcomed....

hahahahah we really are getting just a bit carried away aren't we? :D ......nut

DimitrisLiatsos
12-11-2004, 08:44 AM
hahahahahah :blush: :blush: Thanks guys for the comments...@ Piggy...lol yup i think..hahahah :D :p

OZ
12-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Better and Better man! Brilliant!I like everything!the fabric of ur suit is perfect!

ace4016
12-11-2004, 09:03 AM
I like the textures for the suit. Interesting colors you picked for a royal gaurd being that most royal colors are blue or red, but i like the orange, its more unique. Will you color the dragon logo orange? Seems like it would fit.

greentek
12-11-2004, 11:26 PM
wow..:eek:
mannn.. that looks so cool..!
great job Dimitris..! simply great..! :thumbsup:
keep it rocking and cheers.. :beer:

terraarc
12-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Man this is great! Amazing armor with TRUE coloring! :thumbsup:

Climax
12-12-2004, 12:10 AM
• Hey Dim! Your Royal Armor will surely kick Power Ranger's asses! :scream: Your battle will be an spectacle :cool: :cool: :cool: And I will be in the first line :buttrock: :buttrock: :eek: :buttrock: :buttrock: !!

Aethyrprime
12-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Great updates, like I said that suit looks tight! Very nice very very nice.

jdsb
12-12-2004, 12:48 AM
looking very great,waiting for compositions

todesco
12-12-2004, 01:56 AM
hi dimitris your crazy

i'm trying to see all of your ups, but i need sleep... hehe

the design and texturing of the uniform are excellent!!

Cheers :buttrock: :bounce: :buttrock: :bounce:

keetmun
12-12-2004, 02:14 AM
Oh man...there's just too many good entries around here...

Cheers!
:buttrock:

Kraull
12-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Really nice suit! No other comments. I can't wait to see the final result!:)

dark-elf2
12-12-2004, 04:24 AM
think u have enough detail

looks cool
reminds me of the judge dread syle suits
lol
keep it up

DimitrisLiatsos
12-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks Friends for the good words...i really hope that it looks good now...i will probably find some time later tonight to finish the suit (pants and Boots) so i can work tommorow on his face...:bounce:

Versiden
12-12-2004, 05:07 PM
aweome little details man.. attention to detail and those little extra touches make the character even more believale..
great work man!

personally I'd prefer to see the suit a little less shiney, it has that brand-new-out-of-the-box look.

can't wait to see the textures on the face ...

arturro
12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
damn... you're too good:thumbsup:

JamesMK
12-12-2004, 06:26 PM
think u have enough detail
That just about covers it :)

Now get your act together and start finishing this thing :cool:

glim
12-12-2004, 09:15 PM
each picture is a demonstration thanx Dimitris:bowdown:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-12-2004, 11:32 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102897928_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102897928_large.jpg)

...some update on Guard..i will do a little more tonight i think...

Hope u like it :)

DimitrisLiatsos
12-12-2004, 11:34 PM
That just about covers it :)

Now get your act together and start finishing this thing :cool:

Lol...thanks James...i think u are right :bounce: :) ...i am a little slow on updates this week....(day job) ..but i am going towards the end...i think!!!

@ glim ... :blush: :blush: thanks man!

jfelrod1960
12-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Great work "D"! :thumbsup:

fellah
12-13-2004, 12:56 AM
the deltoids looks a little to big, like if he had shoulderpads under the suit(maybe he has)
or maybe he just trained his deltoids a little to much at the gym as a kid.

and I don't think the 70's style for the clothes around the wrists works. looks to "gayish" for a guy like this. but maybe they have a purpose, then it's ok.

the rest looks very nice. I wish u luck in completing this as u have planned it in your nut (i.e brain)
good luck mate :)

DimitrisLiatsos
12-13-2004, 01:13 AM
@ jfelrod1960 ....hey...thanks friend

@ fellah ...hi man.....Deltoids..lol...maybe u are right ...i was trying to give him the body that sprint swimmers have..hahah..maybe i over did it there(..searching excuse...aha!..found it..)..and also it's a little thick cloth :p ...cloth around wrists..mmm...i was afraid of that...but it seemed a good way to justify the title "Royal Guard" .. :p :p :p ....( hahah in another life maybe i was a Lawyer..BLIAHH)...weeeee
Thanks mate ...i do hope too...to finish this...lol :p :banghead:

redneckstudio
12-13-2004, 01:19 AM
I love the texturing of this model.

fellah
12-13-2004, 01:39 AM
ahahah good points to make my crits invalid :D

but the writs-clothing is not serving the purpose u wanted it to. for me atlease, I couldn't guess he was royal. maybe if they where of another, more elegant material.
but nevermind, I know how boring it is to change stuff that is already mapped and textured! maybe that's why I said it in the first place!? :rolleyes: ;)

keep on going. it's good to see someone working, I almost forgot how to myself..

Kraull
12-13-2004, 01:48 AM
You bet that I like! It looks like it's real! I put fingerprints on my screen because I wanted to touch it...!?!! O_o' (ahum) hehehe. Great texture!:)

summeralive
12-13-2004, 01:55 AM
this is a very ggod one... but i think u can make the overall looks more solid.....

mybe try to adjust the texture on the chest is more high rest!! looks pixel
try make the overall a bit noice or dirty so it dont llos too clean.............

than it will be very good!!!

Climax
12-13-2004, 02:13 AM
• Hi Dim! This Fellah guy has the talent of making people feel like shit :scream: , :D but I don't mean to ofend anybody, luckly you have good sense of humor :thumbsup: I 've seen discussions from missunderstood replies and sometimes they are embarasing.....
......about your character.....Fellah is right :D :scream: :D :scream: :D :scream:

overcontrast
12-13-2004, 04:31 AM
hey man amazing textureing job there.... i like the material u used for the fabric simulation... very well done... keep it up!!

ScottC
12-13-2004, 05:05 AM
Great texture on the armour , Dimitris. Are you rendering those wips in Zbrush? It all looks so clean and crisp.

Also, great sketch. You obviously put much more effort into yours than I doid...I feel sort of ashamed. Im no sketch master, but for whatever its worth, I liked the closer -in cropped shot of version 1-d, as I felt it set up better focal points.

Keep it up!

terraarc
12-13-2004, 07:51 AM
I like a lot the texture-"love"-work of the so called "Royal Guard" (****groovy****) !! :thumbsup:
IMHO...the waist is looking kind of small too.....maybe it's due to the deltoids..

The textures and color you've final chosen work great on him!
The deltoids kind of not bother me.....IMAGINING THE BFG(1) HE IS TO CARRY!!!

(1)BFG - as in doom .....Big F**king GUN!! :bounce:

Waiting for some more eye-candy....

:beer:

Versiden
12-13-2004, 11:12 AM
hmm... you're going the bright orange again... I still not too sure on this man.. he looks very gay to me, don't take it the wrong way - I think the model is rocking but I'm just in different minds about the colour:rolleyes:

how about royal blue, since he's a "royal" guard?

DimitrisLiatsos
12-13-2004, 11:15 AM
@ Versiden....don't worry ....i am not going to bright Orange...i just forgot to adjust the shader for Mental Ray...it will NOT be bright :) :)

fellah
12-13-2004, 12:50 PM
This Fellah guy has the talent of making people feel like shit :scream: , :D
it's actually true. I try to get 2 guys stop this challenge, dimitris and m@ so that my odds for placing high in this challenge gets better.
and I think it work's pretty good, m@ stopped. and Dimitris hasn't made an update in a few hours! :eek: record?? ;)

DimitrisLiatsos
12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102947397_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102947397_large.jpg)

...Suit of Royal Guard texturing i think is finished. I will next start his face , although we will be able to see only his lips and jaw (so it will be fast i think)...

Also in less than 2 hours i hope i will have a small surprise (It's Fellah's fault...hahahahahah)

Hope u like it so far.

terraarc
12-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Pretty smoothly done! :thumbsup:
I would only suggested making the pants the same gray as the chest, it seems to me it's kind of off (! :surprised nice expression Mike!) right now. The deltoids are really big!!

Hey!! Someone is standing right behind his back!! :applause:

Waiting for the surprise....

DimitrisLiatsos
12-13-2004, 01:34 PM
@ bananaHead - fellah ... ok..hahahah..u have a point maybe ..but that it's a little bit late for changing anything on him.,..i have a surprise for u ..in a couple of hours i think...so wait :twisted: :bounce: ...ahahahaha....

@ Kraull , overcontrast , terraarc ..thanks friends :) :)

@ summeralive ..thanks friend..i will adjust more things on the complete composition..there i will do many final tweaks...:)

@ ScottC. thanks man..i am still having thought about composition ..although i think i will have the final decision when i have all elements in scene....(then i will start chop chop things...hahahah)

@ Climax ...hahahah ...noooo fellah is one of the nicest and more talented guys around here ..at least in my agenda.... he doesn't mean harm ...he is just trying to make me give up so i can spare him endless hours of writing posts to me how to make this descent ..ahahahahahaha ....not to mention that i am jealous of his damn cool funny avatar...:bounce: . ....Ok must work now for this banana - head to make him a special Update 'cuase he doesn't like my Royal Guard....:twisted:

jdsb
12-13-2004, 01:39 PM
good deltoids.waitiing for compositions.

Lemog
12-13-2004, 01:45 PM
You're working too fast for me... I stop all and I must stay here to watching you at work Dim... really clean and effective work... I like your quality ! :arteest:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-13-2004, 01:46 PM
....I would only suggested making the pants the same gray as the chest, it seems to me it's kind of off (! :surprised nice expression Mike!) right now. .....

U have a point...fixed that just now :thumbsup: ...the woman behind i think is a friend of the guy who made the HDRI image...ahahahahaahaha.....sorry for that..hahahahahha

GaNNEl
12-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Just great no critics... One thing, do you plan to make the soldier in diferent colors? This one is orange, but maybe it would be nice that if the soldier has more rank it maybe can have other color... Just an Idea :cool: .. Keep it up you rock! :buttrock:

Crusty_Butt
12-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Amazing work. I thik his toes need to point outward a little, to make him look more stable. The big sleeves seemed a little strange when I first saw them, but now I think he wouldn't be as unique without them.

Rock on,

Bret

icedeyes
12-13-2004, 02:15 PM
This is great man... I love your work... Only one comment... The metal parts of the suit look way too shiny (imho) maybe tone down the reflection or reduce the exposure of your hdr texture... I think a barker more bumpy metal would look more believable and fit right into the picture...

But It looks great anyway...

Versiden
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
@ Versiden....don't worry ....i am not going to bright Orange...i just forgot to adjust the shader for Mental Ray...it will NOT be bright :) :)
hehe.. cool man, good to know

DimitrisLiatsos
12-13-2004, 03:07 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102954023_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102954023_large.jpg)

...Royal Guard and SURPRISE for fellah...lol ..& TROOPER...

ok now ?....and i won't quit ...lol...hahahaahahahahahahaa

Hope u like it guys....

fellah
12-13-2004, 03:55 PM
lol, u are to cool ! :D
he looks better suited for fight without the 70's clothes. but he looks more stylised with. but I'm not sure it's good to stylise this char to much..
and I liked the orange in the clothes. but it depends on the final scene to, and the overal colorscheme.

but very good mate, go on.. I will check back in 2-3h for another update as usual :D

stork
12-13-2004, 03:57 PM
i must admit that your "fellah" version does have some appealing features. the dark kevlar look on the royal guard... definitely keep that, and the orange, i say keep that, although i can see where the "gay-ish" comments come from. but in areas like the helmet and shoulders, the duller metal of the fellah model seems to appeal to me... i think perhaps mixing the two metals from both the royal guard and the fellah guard will give some VERY cool results and still fit your style dimitris. there are spots on the suit that definitely would look better with the polished pearlescent metal of the royal guard and others where the fellah roughed metal would look really good too. just a thought...

jfelrod1960
12-13-2004, 05:09 PM
Well just to add 2 more cents I like the Royal Guard better. Okay, okay maybe I just added 1 cent. But I do like the RG better. The Sparrow Fighter is still the best model. ;)

paladin6303
12-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Really nice work, detail on the vehicles/structures/char. is great. I like the colors for the scene, keeping an eye on this along with everyone else...

Kaksht
12-13-2004, 07:07 PM
Hi Dimitris!
Hey hey, nice fellah You have here, i mean fellah trooper. Looks more stealth alike, really nice :)
P.S. Can You answer me in private about that question?

Lelantos
12-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Well very nice definition of the 2 of them this is some amazing texturing you have done here dimitri i am really amazed

can't wait i need more of this:bounce:

Aethyrprime
12-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Great job on this guy. I love the way you handled this entire modeling process. Very acute. I prefer the colorization of the Royal Gaurd but I like the outfit of the fellah. Just my opinion. Great work all around.

lotaH
12-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Great job!! Congratulations!!

Good luck!

essencedesign
12-13-2004, 10:19 PM
I agree well done texturing him...I've liked following this development (sure we all have)...thanks for letting us into your worlD..... :thumbsup:

Cre8
12-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Nice job on the guard and the trooper, just one crit though, i think it would look even better if you could incorporate more orange into the guard´s suit rather than just the sleeves.

Good job though and cant wait to see the end result.

Good luck!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-13-2004, 10:49 PM
....Guys ..thanks u for the comments ...u are very supportive with this...i am very gratefull....i hope u like it also when it's over... :wip: :wip: :wip:

..,argghhh...got to run.... :bounce: :bounce:

ace4016
12-13-2004, 11:18 PM
I Like the new updates. I think you should keep the orange for the royal gaurd and probably make him like a general or some other high officer; also the sleeve thing could be there for commanding officers while lower ranked soldiers have no sleeves and the fellah color scheme, just an idea. I wonder how many critiques you'll get when you start of the grana merc....

terraarc
12-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Nice comparison! :thumbsup: Really pops out the Royal's of the Guard! :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-14-2004, 01:44 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102992268_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102992268_large.jpg)

...i tried between some work today to start some texturing also in Sparrow...i couldn't get it right..so i shot this one down...Don't ask...@#@@#@#%!#%

terraarc
12-14-2004, 02:02 AM
I'm sure it fell over my dead Council Member! LOL :twisted::twisted:

Climax
12-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Hi Dim!, I 'm truly worried about your work, there are so many great details and cool models I can't imagine how are u gonna solve it, I mean the final composition would be a mess, of course I'm just an ignorant :banghead:
• Someone once said "less is more" but I'm not sure if it applies all the time, anyway you are the only one who can see the way you're going :wise: :thumbsup:

• Mere mortals as me can only admire and shut up :bowdown:

jfelrod1960
12-14-2004, 05:44 AM
No no ... not the Sparrow Fighter! :sad:

userBrian
12-14-2004, 06:20 AM
Great suit. No wonder the squirrels can't hurt you.

my 3d entry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=179803)

Scrat-D
12-14-2004, 06:27 AM
The sparrow is gone... Please let us have one moment of silence in loving memory of the sparrow Dimitris killed!!! :eek:

ace4016
12-14-2004, 06:48 AM
Couldn't be.....say it ain't so john, say it ain't so!!! Hopefully that was just a failed prototype, back to the drawing board eh.

flyingP
12-14-2004, 08:44 AM
always wondered what those occasional flashes of light in the garden were....it's the damn sparrows exploding :argh: :D

DimitrisLiatsos
12-14-2004, 09:22 AM
hahaha...don't worry guys..i am not sure that i will use this in final compo...it is just what it says...i tried a bit tired to go and texture this Sparrow and i couldn't get it right and i was a little pissed off with it ..and voila ...shot down Sparrow...

I agree with the friend who said that sometimes less is more ...i will definitelt have this in mind when i'll make final compo...thanks guys

piggy Oh it was u then the guy with the popcorn and beer on the window that night ehh?..:scream:

flyingP
12-14-2004, 09:28 AM
piggy Oh it was u then the guy with the popcorn and beer on the window that night ehh?..:scream:

I never say no to popcorn, beer, and a show Dimitris :D

lotaH
12-14-2004, 12:54 PM
The fire is not equaled to the remaining portion of the image!! :shrug:
good Luck!

Xtronik
12-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Nice job on the guard and the trooper, just one crit though, i think it would look even better if you could incorporate more orange into the guard´s suit rather than just the sleeves.

Good job though and cant wait to see the end result.

Good luck!
I agree :)

jfelrod1960
12-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Since the bridge towers have landing bays, are you going to create the aerial vehicle that takeoff and land from them?

Jeff

DimitrisLiatsos
12-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Since the bridge towers have landing bays, are you going to create the aerial vehicle that takeoff and land from them?

Jeff

No time for that in this Image...but in the animation that will follow yes :)

And don't worry about Sparrow ...it will be textured until Sunday :)

dp76
12-14-2004, 10:04 PM
...Royal Guard and SURPRISE for fellah...lol ..& TROOPER...
Hope u like it guys....
Everything looks outstanding, congrats!
Just cannot wait to see the final image.

The detail of the draco maybe needs a color change to be seen from greather distance.

fellah
12-14-2004, 10:24 PM
...but in the animation that will follow yes
LOL! if you will be able to make an animation of this.. then.. no, I won't even think about what would happen if you did, because it's just impossible! :scream:
if I where you, I would be satisfied if I could finish the still image for the challenge, because this is huuuuuuuge!
and not to forget.. I still have a few bastard tricks up my sleeve that can stop you a little.. just wait ;)

GaNNEl
12-15-2004, 12:10 AM
LOOL! Nice Sparrow-Killing! I don't know where the hell you find time to do all that! I hope to see dead sparrows at the bridge :scream: !

igorstshirts
12-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Dang Dimi,

Are you making fun of my entry?:)

keetmun
12-15-2004, 05:19 AM
• Someone once said "less is more" but I'm not sure if it applies all the time, anyway you are the only one who can see the way you're going :wise: :thumbsup:

Yeah that's actually one of my mottos when doing cg. But hey, whatever it takes to fulfill your vision. I had a teacher once tell me that if you have an image in your head, you should kill, rob, do whatever it takes to make that vision a reality. A bit extreme, but I got what she meant.

Cheers!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-15-2004, 11:11 AM
@ Daniel Pittaluga ... thank u friend :bounce:

@ fellah .... hahahah lol...just seen your "quit" List ...hahahah...no man..i am not in it ....hahahah...i will not give u this satisfaction u little banana-head...:scream: ..I have some domestic issues ...but i will start updating from friday again...:bounce:

@ GaNNEl .... we will see my friend..basically i will put the main elements in final composition and then i will add stuff in a more carefull way..i have in mind first of all the image not to look boring or busy with no reason..in this thought i am willing to eliminate stuff that i made but don't look cool in the composition :)

@ igorstshirts ... hahahah no man..(nice work there)...i haven't seen that when i shopt the sparroe down...hehehe

@ keetmun :beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-15-2004, 11:16 AM
@ banana-head fellah

U will try to make me quit ehh?...come on ..i am waiting for ya :scream:

http://www.columbia.edu/~xs23/ake/SUMO-AKEBONO-25.jpg

overcontrast
12-15-2004, 01:25 PM
good update man.... ur work is always good, so not much of comments from me, but one thing is i dont like that fire in the sparrow crash.... thats abt it...keep up ur great works!! :thumbsup:

artemesia66
12-16-2004, 03:24 PM
I've been following this thread for ages, and i never post, because I can never find anything to crit. You're stuff is great. And I'm learning a lot about how you do it because you post so often, which is also great. Keep it coming! :applause:

sergioKomic
12-16-2004, 05:47 PM
I told you before , I NNEEEEDDDD to see dead people (guards bodies and helmets squashed by merc's feet and bullet ridden armors)!!

thats the only way people will take you seriously ! (offing people will do that)

TKraccoon
12-16-2004, 06:30 PM
The texturing on the sumo wrestlers is good! :eek: Almost photorealistic...but not quite, work on it man :D

Sad to see that your sparrow has died; just keep it at and I'm sure in no time it will rock as much as your trooper :)

Kylebrn
12-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Lots of good stuff here.The scene sems like it will be too dark,not enough contrast with lighter tones.plus maybe too noisey.Still a massive amount of work,and some fine modeling.I'll wait and see it done before saying more.But up till now a nice piece of work man.:)

BikiniBottom
12-17-2004, 07:35 AM
very beautiful work you´ve done. Iam very excited to see the final image. also like the char. great modelling

fellah
12-17-2004, 01:27 PM
ahahaha what a handsome guy, I'm waiting for him with open arms!! :love:

BEurK! :argh:

OZ
12-17-2004, 02:43 PM
The final suit is simply perfect! no crits.....i like all the stuff! Im amazed!!

Ilnono
12-17-2004, 03:19 PM
incredible work :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys for the good words....posts for some days will be quick and on the spot..if u want me to post details ..please wait 3-4 days 'cuase i don't have much free time now...

Anyway....Sparrow is ready ...and in consideration i think how close or far he will be in camera...posting soon... :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-18-2004, 11:21 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1103372507_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1103372507_large.jpg)

The Sparrow ...hope u like it...u can also see the ship with legs up while landing-take off mode

DimitrisLiatsos
12-18-2004, 11:23 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1103372608_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1103372608_large.jpg)

The SPARROW again...hope u like it....

assafk
12-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Great texturing! Looks really amazing! I really like the lightes in the "eyes" of the SPARROW.
:bounce:

Hellsp4wn
12-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Wow. Wow.... Wow.......... Wow...................

Did I mention, wow?

No crits. Where is the temple where I can worship you?

Can't wait to see the final image.

essencedesign
12-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Yes Yes...very cool.....if I might say though the texutre looks alittle repetative right now...maybe break it up by changing the shader on a few of the mechanics pieces....just a sugestion...really cool design though.. :drool:

Climax
12-18-2004, 04:07 PM
• I love that chicken! my crit: It looks to me that the feets are too small

• Great texturing :thumbsup: I tought it was dead, but Seems they are like phoenix

• Side View look amaking, very original, very good

ace4016
12-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Amazing bird, looks more dangerous then before wiht the textures. Only critique I have is the same as essencedesign.

YasushAzush
12-18-2004, 04:32 PM
you don't need to update any more you just leave a small red point in image and leave every thing black............................. i willlll seee this forum i mean i have to i cant click on the update when i see the word DIMIT:scream::scream::scream:

great stuff but
maybe need some more work on texture ???? what do you think

patina
12-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi DimitrisLiatsos

Your a busy man! nice lighting and textures, only thing I feel is the thrusters on the wings look a little large , for it to fly correctly I think they should be smaller in proportion to the wings,

but that has more to do with realism,

all the best!

Paul P. Patina!

check my link!

http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/grandspaceopera/view_entries.php?challenger=5288

jfelrod1960
12-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Too damn awesome! :bowdown:

"D" you are truly talented. Outstanding work!

This alone should make the CG Gallery Hall of Fame! :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-18-2004, 05:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1103393885_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1103393885_large.jpg)

...Started also on Grana Lander ....

comments and crits are welcomed...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-18-2004, 05:27 PM
@ assafk, Hellsp4wn ..thanks guys...

@ essencedesign, ace4016, visualact.com ...hmmm that's a good idea essencedesign has....u are right...i will update on it maybe tommorow. indeed some variation on color will break the repetative texturing ....thanks friends :thumbsup:

@ Climax ...hahahah about feet ..some one told me that also in the modeling stage( they were smaller then)...I wil test it my friend and see.. ;)

@ patina ...thanksfriend...don't know if i want them bigger(wings) ..it's a Hover-JET-MECH :scream: ...so not bigger wings need

@ jfelrod1960 ...glad u liked friend...i will make adjustments as essencedesign ..proposes ...i think he has point ..it will look better...soon !!! :wip:

JamesMK
12-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Oh man! The textured sparrow looks better than I could ever have imagined... sure, the grana lander is great too, but the sparrow really stands out. Well deserving a final image of its own, like that sideview... Marvellous :scream:

I have no choice but to give you no less than ten Wabbit Awards at once...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-18-2004, 05:49 PM
aaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....the WABBIT is BACK...yes....i think i am gonna cry now :cry: and then :bounce: :bounce:

vrhead
12-18-2004, 06:12 PM
holy shamoli... i was gona put mech legs on my couple of my ships... no where as detailed and well modeled as that.. great ships..amazing work

Aethyrprime
12-18-2004, 06:24 PM
It looks very nice. Good job on the mechanical work. Just upping the stakes on my mechs I see ;) Keep it up!

terraarc
12-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Hello Dim! Great updates man! :thumbsup: The sparrow looks great! The front ship view is not so menacing but the side view is creepy!! Also nice start on the Lander...some dirting up will add hell of a lot! :arteest: <greek mode>... Wraiooosss!! :cool: </greek mode>

Waiting for Lander updates

jdsb
12-18-2004, 07:01 PM
opaaaaa!! :bounce:
marameno ,lu ludaki mu,ku meno ...lu ludaki mu....(some sort of a greek song?!?!?)
excuse my enthusiasm ,my best freind is a greek munaki:scream:
waiting for updates :) :buttrock:

tlggungor
12-18-2004, 07:07 PM
:beer: Amazing detail.Good work.:beer:

sorry my terrible eng.
:wavey: Would you like to see my 2D CHALLENGE CİTİES & Concepts.................:arteest: :wavey:

lotaH
12-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi Dimitris...

Great details. Congratulations!

I think who the scene is great...

Congratulations!!

[]'

Virtuoso
12-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Nice texture job Dimi........Your path continues to be strong,and this last texture job a nice in-depth one.You have provided quite a nice entry here on many fronts....I wish you continued great results......:arteest: :beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-18-2004, 08:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1103405977_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1103405977_large.jpg)

...worked a bit more on Lander....

DimitrisLiatsos
12-18-2004, 08:46 PM
@ vrhead, ||) |V| |^|, lotaH ... :)

@ terraarc ...nasai kala file..thanks

@ jdsb ...hahahahahah....U do understand how did u call your friend...hahahdon't u? hahahahahah ;)

@ -tolga- ..your English are fine to me...thanks friend :)

@ Virtuoso ...thanks Michael...i am glad u like it friend :bounce:

arturro
12-18-2004, 08:59 PM
wow! I was apsent on the forum for 10 hours... and you put this great updates without me:)
well, I think that textures are looking good, but for me they should have some different colors. SOme large division into some color parts. Maybe even the same color but different saturation...

terraarc
12-18-2004, 10:59 PM
The Lander looks great textured! Dark and mystic! :thumbsup:

@ jdsb...man you surely don't speak Greek?:surprised <greek mode> Farsi! </greek mode>

by DimitrisLiatsos
@ jdsb ...hahahahahah....U do understand how did u call your friend...hahahdon't u? hahahahahah ;) LOL, Dim...:beer:

jdsb
12-18-2004, 11:12 PM
wow,great textures man

by DimitrisLiatsos
@ jdsb ...hahahahahah....U do understand how did u call your friend...hahahdon't u? hahahahahah ;)

not sure actually :argh: ,beautiful woman or something :argh::argh::cry:,what is it ???
muni ?? no??? :cry:

keetmun
12-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Oh man ,that's really top-class texture work. It looks so good even without any dirt. Which brings me to my question - are you going to going to add any dirt? Because right now it looks like you don't need any!

Cheers