PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

JamesMK
11-29-2004, 12:01 AM
w00t w00t!

You've just crossed the 1000 post line for this thread - that calls for a :beer: !!!

Nazirull
11-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Great body job Dimi...(if thats ok to call it)

Does the guard is gonna have armour for his arms?

I am actually imagining the helmet eye piece with some crosshairs....u know...HUD stuff..

:thumbsup:

AirbORn
11-29-2004, 02:20 AM
WOW! That is a lot of progress, updates, and posts! Great work so far, I really like what you have done so far. keep it up!

Neeno
11-29-2004, 06:02 AM
some really kewl work here dude ... one of my fav artists so far in the competition... keep up the good work.. really no crits, i saved all your jpgs in my fav 3d folder .(dnt get a big head) i like your detail...
keep it up :buttrock:

Lemog
11-29-2004, 06:40 AM
what more can u ask from your life....except a Beautiful woman..a nice car ...a kick a$$ PC...a huge bank account...and a Castle in Austria ? :scream: :scream:I have all that things... :banghead:

Seriously... what can I crit... next night... I want to start the pilots for my Rapid'Dragon... but now when I see your character... I'm afraid by my future result... certainly I'll do an another thing... is it possible to buy one of your fantastic human model my NutPotatoSquirrelMan ? :scream:

flyingP
11-29-2004, 07:00 AM
@ flyingP ..thanks man :) ...i am still searching for my scariest picture..hehehe

yes well as you can see I have already carried out my threat with mine :eek: :D

now to your update............ :buttrock:

just give him decent boots :D

Nazirull
11-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Izzit posibble that we're gonna have a potatohead piloting a potatoe-shaped aircraft????:D
Ahhhh.....kEWL hARmONY.

Sorry Lemog!

terraarc
11-29-2004, 07:44 AM
WOW! Lots of movement on weekends!:bounce: I only lost some avatar crisis, post bursting over 1K and a great progress over the Helmet and outfit! :thumbsup:

Waiting for more!

DimitrisLiatsos
11-29-2004, 09:00 AM
... is it possible to buy one of your fantastic human model my NutPotatoSquirrelMan ? :scream:...man u don't have to buy anything...i can give u anything u like after the challenge...:bounce:

@ All of you crazy bubbles ..thanks for the kind words....i will update late tonight and answer also to all for comments..thanks friends

...bubbles...er...occasionally and Potatoes :scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-29-2004, 09:24 AM

just give him decent boots :D

PIG:scream:

overcontrast
11-29-2004, 09:40 AM
hey man ur model's looking awesome... nothing to crit... just great... keep up the good works man..!

Xtronik
11-29-2004, 11:15 AM
What can I say? ? ? ?
Hope use condoms on your fingers while working !!! :scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-29-2004, 11:19 AM
What can I say? ? ? ?
Hope use condoms on your fingers while working !!! :scream:

LOL....just finished a commercial for Romanian TV...so basically i have more free time ...from tonight i go on Super boost mode...:scream:

aLxDesigns
11-29-2004, 12:42 PM
nice armor dude!
I personally think that the helmet needs a little more detail and a symbol representing hes country\nation\planet

good job so far

Versiden
11-29-2004, 01:14 PM
hiya

the guards look awesome dude, it kinda reminds me of Judge dread for some reason, even tho they are completely different.

keep up the good work... ciao :thumbsup:

Frenchy Pilou
11-29-2004, 02:27 PM
... you are trapped :D
I hang on to you for sure, I want these Squirrels :D

Are you going to to try to make an american space team football ? :D
I must see from the beginning this crazzy project :)

I am affraid that is too late, but for your bridge take a look on this ! (http://www.viaducdemillaueiffage.com/) french are not to bad :rolleyes:

Ok the genious behind is not a french :scream:

Have fun modeling continutation!

Ps I have seen on your site The "above and beyond" :it's a cousin of the Lemog's Rapido Dragon but with chaise lounge :scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-29-2004, 03:00 PM
@ Burning_Frust ... got it..see what i can do..thanks man.

@ Versiden ..lol well his helmet looks a bit like it ...now that u mention it..didn't mean that...thanks man...

@ Frenchy Pilou ....aaaah ...one of the crazy Frenchies..! :eek: :) .

Thanks friend..although for the bridge it's a litle bit late to change something ( and a bit i must admit i like it as it is now :) )....but now the project is starting to press on part of texturing and effects..i must organize stuff in order not to bump in any delays...i want to finish this before Christmass...:) :bounce:

Crusty_Butt
11-29-2004, 03:04 PM
LOL....just finished a commercial for Romanian TV...so basically i have more free time ...from tonight i go on Super boost mode...:scream:

Great, you'll finally have the chance to catch up with the rest of us. :) LOL

Your characters are coming along nicely, BTW. I like the matte finish on chest armor of your latest chracter, nice touch.

Rock on.

Bret

pBarrelas
11-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Vry nice updates you have here Dimitris!! I can only say this:

KEEP ON!! :thumbsup:

SnakeFarlow
11-30-2004, 03:57 AM
Wow, this is incredible, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: , you are working hard, take a brake man, your modeling is amazing. congratulations.

Snake Farlow. The rogue.

I need some advices. Could you help me? www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=184160 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=184160)
Take a look and tell me.

rashaverak
11-30-2004, 04:18 AM
u r over man, i know u r paying a hole football team to help u with the modelling :P

i dont know too much about football teams, but i know that renders r insaaaanee.

greetings!

greentek
11-30-2004, 05:02 AM
Comments and Crits are always welcomed
heh.. what can i comment or crit her???
for me it's an outstanding stuff!
going great Dimitris.. keep it up my friend!
cheers.. :beer:

Nazirull
11-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Hey Dimi Doodey! Show us that Romanian TV commercial to us!:bounce:

Read and seen ZBrush in action.....love it! Downloading the Demo!!!:bounce:

Lelantos
11-30-2004, 07:38 AM
Dimitri that armor really looks great and i like the charachter more now with the small modification.

he look aggressive with that helmet and armor this is really going great
cant wait to see whats next in that mind of yours

You are tha man for the work keep it up :thumbsup:

scootermaya
11-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey ! I keep watching from the outside, but this looks good man !

As Lemog said , you're our master ! :bowdown:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 10:52 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101815566_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101815566_large.jpg)

...i am at work...here i have Maya Unlimited ..so here is just a simple test in explosions with Fluids technology...still very early test ..so please don't shoot me...

I am going to try also with Hypervoxels when i will finish thr Royal Guard.

comments and crits are welcomed...

JamesMK
11-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Oh, nifty 'booom' :bounce: Guess it renders pretty slowly eh? Needs a little more backlight later on... Cool to see the FX work around the corner here - guess you've been dying to get to that part :D

Lemog
11-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Yes... it's a bit dark... but I think it's a good way... For the moment, I don't try the fluids effects but that seem well...

flyingP
11-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Yes... it's a bit dark

what the French guy said :D

Lemog
11-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Yes... In france, we don't have good vision... but our glasses are topnotch :thumbsup:

It's not the same thing for the potatoeGreeks man ? :scream:

JamesMK
11-30-2004, 11:37 AM
It's all the smoke from those Gitanes cigarettes that makes it hard to see things clearly in france, Laurent... has nothing to do with poor eyesight.

flyingP
11-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Yes... In france, we don't have good vision... but our glasses are topnotch :thumbsup:

not good enough to spot those pigs flying around though :D

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 12:21 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101820888_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101820888_large.jpg)

...arrggghhh.....

linda
11-30-2004, 12:32 PM
As i said before super fantastic work and i love to see all super nice stuff you are coming up with all the time!

You are so good on this.

Lemog
11-30-2004, 12:59 PM
It's all the smoke from those Gitanes cigarettes that makes it hard to see things clearly in france, Laurent... has nothing to do with poor eyesight.
You're too strong my friend... I stop "Gitanes" cigarettes exactly 10 years ago... how it's possible you know that :eek:

JamesMK
11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
You're too strong my friend... I stop "Gitanes" cigarettes exactly 10 years ago... how it's possible you know that :eek:
Oh, spookey!!! Good to hear you've quit though :thumbsup:

scootermaya
11-30-2004, 01:10 PM
The subdiv looks good Dimitris , what is going to be the skin colour ? This gard is really going to look gooooooooood !!!

Lemog did quit smoking but not drinking ! :p

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 01:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101824224_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101824224_large.jpg)

...aaaaarggghhhhh..the arms on this one will be very hard because from half the arm i have to make cloth (the part above wrist and under Bicep will be hidden from cloth)...starting in a while with it.....

Comments and crits are welcomed...

tlggungor
11-30-2004, 01:35 PM
good modelling

would you like to see my 2D CHALLENGE CONCEPTS and C?T?ES

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 01:42 PM
@ Crusty_Butt, pBarrelas, SnakeFarlow, rashaverak, ...thanks guys , u really are to kind..i hope i won't dissapoint you

@ greentek ...:blush: ...

@ maranello55, Lelantos ... thanks guys, maranello ..i don't have yet permissions to publish the tv spot on the internet...but i will when it's ok :twisted:

@ scootermaya ... thanks man..me?..master! :eek: ...nooooooo :blush:

@ JamesMK, flyingP, Lemog ... thanks guys ..will fix it ..although Fluids take forever to render ...i will try something Dunkan suggested in the past ..that is to work in 2D container...u understand that if we meet i don't think that the room will not be able to hold us from the laughing ...lol ... wabbit ...new avatar is better ..i can come out of my avatar crisis tonight and go back to my old avatar..although i still miss the first one ...

@ Linda ... Thanks lady...have fun in your trip :)

@ -tolga- ... thanks ...me ? see your 2d and have opinion for your work? :blush:...i don't think i am worthy ...but i will

..bubbles

jddog
11-30-2004, 01:53 PM
"Gitanes"

Hulala... Gitanes... that's pretty hard Lemog...

Dimitris 1. amazing 2. your boom images look really good and impressive result, probably it will better to view this not with so dark coloration but the fx result is strong and good !!!

jdd

Saschi0815
11-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi Dimi, it's always hard for me to watch your progress...man, is there a little place for me to look over your shoulder to see how u did this f...... great stuff??? :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 03:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101831231_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101831231_large.jpg)

...progress on arm...arghh...

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 03:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101831434_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101831434_large.jpg)

...so far the Royal Guard...arrghh..

Comments and crits are always welcomed...

JamesMK
11-30-2004, 03:18 PM
man, is there a little place for me to look over your shoulder to see how u did this f...... great stuff???
I'm afraid his potato head would block the view there... :D

That aside - have to say this: your models in the MF were really great and all, but just looking at your latest character stuff... you have really improved even more since then :bowdown: Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good.

flyingP
11-30-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm afraid his potato head would block the view there... :D

That aside - have to say this: your models in the MF were really great and all, but just looking at your latest character stuff... you have really improved even more since then :bowdown: Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good.

ditto to the above :D

Lemog
11-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Always beautiful... I hope in the futur I can do something like that...

but it's not the subject... I admire your work... and one thing jump to my eyes... is it a effect of my only one neuron or arms are a bit too long ?

If I do a big error... I put my latest neuron in trash :buttrock:

Frenchy Pilou
11-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Why modelise so precilely something who will not visible?
If I see your big color panorama with Space engines, there are no visible soldiers!
( at this scale)

Or as Lucino Visconti you fill the drawers with knives, forks and little spoon, and of course these are never open :eek:

Have fun continuation :cool:

rattlesnake
11-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Bahhh is not that good!! (just kidding)
of course is great stuff friend...this character is looking very good!:thumbsup:
no crits friend...im sorry...i really want to crit your work but u dont let me:shrug:
well maybe other time:D

Lemog
11-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Why modelise so precilely something who will not visible?yes... WHY :banghead:

............where is the exit way ?

cbraun
11-30-2004, 04:02 PM
:beer: woooow!!! exelent job my friend, where are u modeling?? i like a lot ur work keep it thet way :)

Kaksht
11-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Hi there Dimitris!
Wow, now Youwe done here an excelent job, very detailed models and a huge amount of them! Cant wait to see Your final image, it should be a stunner. No crits bro, just delighting Your work. What more can i say, good luck and ceep updating, dont slow down ;)

Kragh
11-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi there

This is such a crouded entry, thought Iīd join the party:)

As I really havenīt followed this entry (your progress) so much, and just canīt find the time to read all posts in here, please forgive me if I write something already written or discussed...

First of all, your work is truly awsome, great technique and inspirering imagination. Iīve decided always to make some crits, as there always is something. Here it is;

1) Great face on the soldier, wrong mouth though. Somethingīs just not right around that area.
2) The underlying mesh supporting the form of the shoulder muscle is not following the line of the muscle. Therefore when you aply the subdivision mod., it makes some wrong forms. This is a detail I just noticed, which really doesnīt matter in the big perspective, but just took my attention.

Anyway, great work in here. Personally I havenīt got that much attention in my entry, and would appriciate some "words of wisdom"(:)) about the reason for that. If you want to.

Keep posting this high-end stuff

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 10:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101857673_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101857673_large.jpg)

...progress so far...I think the sleeves give him more that imperial guard rank...

What do u think?

cbraun
11-30-2004, 10:53 PM
i think they could be more solid, less flexible, well thats how i see them

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 10:53 PM
@ Sachi0815...thanks man...but i think wabbit is right ...pot..er..bubble head:scream: would block the view...

@ JamesMK...hahaha..thanks wabbit..the things u say make me a happy potatoe...er..damn..bubble man... :scream: ...'cuase the main think that is the most important to me (except fun) is really to get better to this... :)....

@ Lemog ..thanks man..but u know u do stuff that i couldn't even think to approach ....and u know i hate u :scream: ...as for the arms...i hope they are not long more than normal...take a look now with gloves on..what do u think..

@ cbraun thank u ..I modeled in Maya ..but now i have a very good separation of work done regarding modeling between Maya,XSI and ZBrush :love: ...

@ Kaksht ...thanks friend..i can't slow down now..if i do ...there will be no final post...so i am on boost mode (at least until the next client comes..lol...stay away ..baad clients...lol)

@ Kragh ..thanks friend..maybe u are right about the shoulder line...have to check on this..if i understood corectly...but now the arms are nurb patches ..every arm is ten patches i think...let me see...but maybe it will be difficult..i 'll see what i can do...i have to do anything fast from now on ..if i want to finish u know... :wip:

cbraun
11-30-2004, 11:17 PM
nice. im trying to learn zbrush but whit no succed lol ^^

ni ce portafolio u have man, i have seen uu web... just awesome!

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 11:20 PM
nice. im trying to learn zbrush but whit no succed lol ^^ ...

Give it time..every thing needs time and clear mind :)

adr
11-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Just impressive Dimitris this update look very cool man , you are making an excelent project.

keep rockin da house :thumbsup:

igorstshirts
11-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Can't wait to see all of these elements in a composition... Then, maybe we'll have somethin' to crit.:)

cbraun
11-30-2004, 11:29 PM
yup, have u ever use bodypaint? from maxon, i think its a nice software too

DimitrisLiatsos
11-30-2004, 11:33 PM
@ adr,igorstshirts ..thanks guys..

@ cbraun ...nop...but i hear good words for it :)

fellah
11-30-2004, 11:41 PM
hm.. I think, even "m@ the lazy" have bigger chances of finishing his project than you have(even when he plays HL2)

so what I'm now going to tell you, I tell you as a friend with much respect to your work..
- it's better if you stop :lightbulb

LucianoBerutti
12-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey!! I disappeared, and when I came back , ooooh!!!:buttrock: the soldier will be really nice ! , Iīm starting to make my soldier and I will try to post one soon. I will be waiting for your reply, ok!:argh:

Lemog
12-01-2004, 04:04 AM
Hey Dim... with the latest update... I've always the same impression... for the arms... or maybe that's due to the special look of the front arm... I stop saying that and I await the continuation nicely.

For the moment... that's so BeautiNutfull :thumbsup:

greentek
12-01-2004, 04:41 AM
i simply can't leave it without comment..
this imperial guard guy is outstanding piece of work Dimitris! :thumbsup:
the guy himself and the dressing are a mind crashing stuff.. :buttrock:
cheers my friend.. :beer:

scootermaya
12-01-2004, 06:52 AM
This looks good ! Wath can I say... it's perfect !
Ok, the lower part now!

terraarc
12-01-2004, 07:00 AM
The Guard is turning out great man! :thumbsup:
It's amazing how much "love" you've given to him! And all that "love" to your other models!
A minor crit: I find the sleeves way to "groovy" for the character...

Keep it up mate!
:buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-01-2004, 10:23 AM
@ fellah .....LOL...banana head u won't make me back up lol...hehehehe..one way or the other i am gonna finish this.
i say : Every thing that has a beginning...has an end! ...:p :p

@ luciano berutti ...thanks friend..i will be there ..glad if i can say something to help....

@ Lemog ... thanks man..well i am not sure ..there are some body type SWIMMING athletes that have this kind of body type ...that's what i studied for his proportions...but give me some time to finish it and we will be able to talk about it again..let's say this Friday..:) ...NUT!

@ greentek, scootermaya thanks friends for your kind words...much appreciated!

@ terraarc .. "groovy"?...hahahahah...well maybe but i need this element to justify more the title Royal Guard...heheheh....:)

Lemog
12-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I said nothing now... I'm just waiting... without open my big mounth of potatoeSquirrel... :p

JamesMK
12-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Well, in that case I'll just shut up as well. Not a single 'beep' coming from here.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-01-2004, 02:04 PM
LOL...i tweaked them a little bit and also made legs and...er..er..the boots :scream: ...posting in 10 minutes ..so get ready to shoot ...weeeeeeee:bounce:

JamesMK
12-01-2004, 02:06 PM
and...er..er..the boots :scream:
Oh great! Finally we can find something to complain about :D

DimitrisLiatsos
12-01-2004, 02:26 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101914789_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101914789_large.jpg)

...here is what i have done so far....the area around knees needs some refine and and a little more definition..will do tonight later...

Comments - machine guns and crits are welcomed...so ...shoot me ...

JamesMK
12-01-2004, 02:29 PM
http://w1.695.telia.com/~u69502813/m16.gif

DimitrisLiatsos
12-01-2004, 02:29 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhaahahahahahahahaha :scream:

flyingP
12-01-2004, 02:37 PM
ummmm ...... about those boots :D

no seriously looks very good Dimitris and I see you're onto the knees so>>>:cool:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-01-2004, 02:41 PM
..... and I see you're onto the knees so>>>:cool:

lol..u can't imagine...i am gathering everything now piece by piece for texturing and i am going NUTS...weeeeeeee... when i finish this ...i will totally sleep for a week...but i have to admit that i am learning a crazy amount of stuff about all apps i am using and about 3d work done up to now..so i think i am gaining a lot from this...:) :bounce:

linda
12-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Like Abba said SUPER TRUPER THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL i have no more words!:thumbsup:

Nazirull
12-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Dimi Doodey....
He is meannn machine!!

Like wut our fren flyingP said...there is something bout the boots...(again) Its too stiff? I trust tat Dimi doodey is already had it done by now..He just said ok to all comments but he's done it beforehand before we pos em! ---rite dimi doodey?

I suggest maybe you can don him some mean...batman utility belt for ammo and stuff...looks more elit...i guess..

Great effort Dimi!...I want to learn like you also!!

Heheheh...:bounce:

ITS MY 100TH POST!:D :applause: :bounce:

flyingP
12-01-2004, 03:47 PM
lol..u can't imagine...i am gathering everything now piece by piece for texturing and i am going NUTS...weeeeeeee... when i finish this ...i will totally sleep for a week...but i have to admit that i am learning a crazy amount of stuff about all apps i am using and about 3d work done up to now..so i think i am gaining a lot from this...:) :bounce:

Actually I took the liberty of having a looksie over your website , I'm not sure how old some of the stuff is (if it's anything like mine you haven't updated for the last 2 or 3 years..... :hmm:OK maybe 4 :blush: ) but your Character work has come a long way, this is mighty fine stuff IMO (not sure how much my opinion means really though me being more 2D)........you just need to work on boots :D

And don't lose track of the over all picture, I am enjoying the detail you are putting into this, just try and think a bit simpler when it comes to setting up the final composition. :)

rattlesnake
12-01-2004, 04:01 PM
this character has style....the sleeves make him looks really really great man!!

u said youre leaning more??!?! thats great ...NUTS+Dimi+skillz+learning crazy stuff about all apps:D: WOWOWOWWWWW!!!

your getting incredible results....and your thread is an amazing art stock...!!

stork
12-01-2004, 04:07 PM
it may just be my old eyes playing tricks, but i think the guys head is too small for his body...
especially based on his hands (which are the same size as your face.) that may be by design as well, this is an alien race, not human so they may not be to our proportions...

scootermaya
12-01-2004, 06:57 PM
As much as I like watching your work, I have a little suggestion here ! (don't hit me !)
I think the boots and the legs are not as expressive as the upper part.. they rather look a bit "fade" no ? Are the boots going all the way up the hips? all right, I take for example the gloves witch are very detailled and the hands look more protected than the legs ...
Well, that's it ! you hate me now ! :sad: I'm sorry , I won't do it again!:banghead:

claudiojordao
12-01-2004, 07:08 PM
WOOOOOOOWWWW Man, this is incredible... where the hell have I been?!
Your work is fantastic DimitrisLiatsos.
Congratulations!

Micro26
12-01-2004, 07:14 PM
You really have captured the whole idea ,i love your style in modeling and most of all you got a lot of imagination.Very creative work and so far its rocking...
Cant wait to see more of your work..Poly kalo

gpepper
12-01-2004, 07:18 PM
really cool design of the soldier !

jdsb
12-01-2004, 07:38 PM
it looks like the making of a sci-fi movie,you are nuts...dang :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Lemog
12-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Now... that's better for arms now... you know why... because he has some long long long legs... Your SquirrelFilghter is very long... or great... a beautiful beast...

And don't ear ScooterMaya... it's also a poor frenchy nutMan... he don't have all his mind indeed.

Then, you have my ok to continue... Dim :wip:

Static Project
12-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Men you are a real "Royal Guard" :thumbsup:

This is the best Royal Guard modeling :buttrock:

ace4016
12-01-2004, 09:26 PM
The royal gaurd is coming along nicely, i only have one thing to pick about him: his boots dont match the rest of the armor imo. The top lookss elegant and decrative(royal like), while the boots look just suave but not as decrative. Could just be me.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-01-2004, 09:45 PM
@ linda ...:beer: ABBA wow...i always liked that song '...GIMME GIMME.." don't remember after that lol..thank u Queen of the challenge ..i am happy u like what u see so far :)

@ maranello55 ... hahaha .congrats on you 100th post ..i will work more in a while in hispants and boots...thank u friend...da di do dimi ..er...da! :scream:

@ Piggy with wings (..or turbines?) A.K.A flying Squirrel.... :scream: .....thanks man for your good word...and YES your 2D opinion counts very very much..i wish i had your talent..i would be much faster and precise to what i do....about final image u are right...the modeling so far was done not only for the image...but a thousand more reasons (also i am a model geek like Lemog NUT Frenchy ...har har..weeee) ...in the final i will pay attention to the image and not just showing models..i haven't lost the main purpose of this...but i am gratefull u keep mention it :bowdown:

@ rattlesnake :blush: ...wow ..thank sssssnake ...u make me happy knowing u like it 'cuase i have to admit i really like your work man...in a way from your previous work in MF challenge u have given me a lot of ideas friend.

@ stork ... thanks friend...although i don't think his head is small...i will do a second check on his proportions when i finish the pants and stuff about him....

@ scootermaya ...don't worry friend i will fix more things tonight on him

@ claudio_jordao,Mr Micro26 ... thanks friends .....i am glad u like it

@ gpepper...i am glad u like it ..thank u man.....where are ..i missed this cool avatar :)

@ jdsb ...hahahahaahha...

@ Lemog :bowdown: :bowdown: ...nutso!

@ Static Project ....i am glad u like it man!

...bubble ..i go make bubbles a bit now..

EDIT :

@ ace4016 ...no friend ..u are right i am still working on them..not finished yet :)

Lelantos
12-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Great modelling job Dimitri that charachter looks awesome
really like to reflections on the armor

Really great modelling you are a master Dimitris :bowdown: really cant wait for more now.

arturro
12-01-2004, 10:29 PM
I wan't such clothing for my New Year's Eve party... All ladies would be mine:twisted: Where can I get one? And if I may... I wouldn't show to the ladies with this shoes... I would see the boots in the style of the stomach's armour and the helmet. So rather hard, defined shapes, more reflections... In such shoes I would look more sexy for the ladies:bounce:

Top league man:applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 12:15 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101950155_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101950155_large.jpg)

...adding stuff on his suit and boots...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 01:36 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101955001_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101955001_large.jpg)

Isbur Royal Guard model..finished ..i think!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 01:39 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101955193_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101955193_large.jpg)

another angle to show more of the things added...

essencedesign
12-02-2004, 01:41 AM
Hey mr nuttyZ...lookin great as usual...can't wait to see this all come together ..legs look a little short...maybe just me though...keep it up ... :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 01:44 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101955493_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101955493_large.jpg)

...he is missing a gun..but i don't know if it needed for the final image... :)

So we don't wait till Friday..u can shoot me today....

Just noticed ..i have to tweak a little bit more knees...make them a little more obvious..will do that after i get some rest..lol

Commets and crita are welcomed...soon i start texturing and fx stuff...

cbraun
12-02-2004, 05:51 AM
:bounce: wire wire wire:bounce:

excelent i like it, maybe he has some muscle mistakes but i dont think it will affect the final render, he looks like judge dreed

ace4016
12-02-2004, 05:59 AM
Thats one hell of a royal gaurd. Too bad we couldnt just model our own clothes to have them. We know your modelling is supurb but i cant wait too see your texture jobs and your fx (too lazy/busy to look at past threads and your site).

scootermaya
12-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Here we go ! I'm sorry for my previous post :blush: I missed the fact that you were going to do as much improvement on the legs. Ilove it this way !

BRAVO !

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks friends ...i will post some more improvements later today.. :bounce: :bounce: :wip:

scootermaya
12-02-2004, 07:20 AM
by the way , I think we can uderstand each other very well with LEMOG since we are both as bad in english as we can be !!!
So as he is your friend I would not say he is a nutbuster, no no, I won't say it:wip:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 07:25 AM
hahahahahahahhhah :scream:

arturro
12-02-2004, 07:28 AM
And that is how I wanna look on my New Year's Eve party:bounce:

terraarc
12-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Grown really great! The word "groovy" is completely replaced with "Royal" :thumbsup:
Feet look awsome, hope you don't go to crazy on modelling details 'cause the'll be to heavy to carry! Even for a Royal Guard! :p

NNAAAA......mind me, the feet need some "love" comparing to the torso armor...

Waiting for that update! :bounce:

stefgrafx
12-02-2004, 08:11 AM
very very good star-troop design... perhaps a gun like starwars-trooper... for colors you could test oranges-greys... or blue-grey combinations...:applause:

JamesMK
12-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Iiihk! Nutbusting sounds really really scary....

'bout the royal guard here... more like a royal pain in the... oh wait, wrong script - M'kay, I honestly cannot find anything to crit on that dude. It's 100% bloody great, and I hope he will end up in one of your foreground planes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gpepper
12-02-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm asking myself something:
How can we see everything in the final image ? You're doing an amazing job ! Thousands of parts and spaceship and characters and bubbles and crazy greeks ! :eek:

Squibbit
12-02-2004, 09:35 AM
and remember u must model the the fat lady on your spare time.

if u don't have spare time u must model it in your sleep ... I think
u could do it if anybody :)

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 09:45 AM
@ arturro ..hhahaha...me too 'cuase my wife says that the Guard has better butt than mine... :banghead: :banghead: ....lol

@ terraarc ..thanks man..i am working on them in a while...

@ stefgrafx ..heeey...thanks ..i think i will try the first color combination u mentiond..thanks man really helpfull for texturing start...by the way...your entry man..how do u Frech guys say it..."ULALA" :)

@ JamesMK ...thanks ...i am really glad u like it (althoughi hate u for changing the avatar i loved.. :scream: )...yes i am thinking possible ways ..he will be close ..but i am also thinking to pass to the viewers eye the Fall oh Kaheldar through his dramatic situation ....arrggghhh...

@ gpepper ...thank u friend with the kick a$$ avatar :love: ...haahah...it will be possible to see stuff of final image ...piece by piece from Sunday ...

@ Squibbit ...lol...hahaah..no man...the crazy wabbit doesn't give me permission for the fat lady to model... :scream:

Cartesius
12-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Now that is one royally great character! I just hope he won't disappear in the final scene!

:applause:

/Anders

PS. Wires! We need wires! DS.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 09:55 AM
.... Wires! We need wires! DS.

Thanks friend..they will come in the next update...cya :bounce:

jddog
12-02-2004, 11:09 AM
:eek: wonderful modelling... that really impressive and the result is simply perfec. Love every details... I wait for wire too :wip:

jdd

LAnge_ENgal
12-02-2004, 01:16 PM
http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon6.gifYou have done lots of great models and your work is really really good. Since you have lots of models, i dont know if you will include all in the final render, but I'm sure the final render will be a great peice of project. By the way, the Grana Bumba Tank you've modeled, I luv it. keep up the good work.http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

mmoir
12-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Dimitris,
Your models look fantastic, great job all round. One tiny comment about the royal guard, I think for the armour/suit, some sort of creases that shows a bit more flexibility on the sides of the knee area would add to an already excellent model. It just looks like he would have a hard time walking unless its very pliable armour.
Looking forward to seeing this to completion
You are doing a great job:thumbsup:
Mike

My GSO entry
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=180886

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Dimitris,
... the armour/suit, some sort of creases that shows a bit more flexibility on the sides of the knee area would add to an already excellent model. It just looks like he would have a hard time walking unless its very pliable armour....Thanks friend ..theese things are already been taken care off (creases..except on the knee area..i will have to make this in texture if it's visible...)and also some other minor stuff here and there ..i will post the final Model in about 10 minutes ..thanks though for seeing this and telling me :)

@ jddog, LAnge_ENgal ...thank u friends :bounce:

Lelantos
12-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Dimitri this model really is awesome great progress on the charachter
he is excellent no words to say:bowdown:

waiting for the textured version

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 02:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102000005_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102000005_large.jpg)

..ok...wires on final model

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 02:14 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102000478_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102000478_large.jpg)

and....

DimitrisLiatsos
12-02-2004, 02:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102000630_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102000630_large.jpg)

...that's it ..hope u like him..i will try to make him a gun later...now i think i will start fx and texturing...i think... :)

Comments and crits always welcomed

Grimreaper1981
12-02-2004, 02:22 PM
very well, done...maybe the calfs are a bit too big...oh, i forgot...very well trained your guard :twisted:

JamesMK
12-02-2004, 02:44 PM
It's uncritable, you bastard!

Besides, I'm sure you could use him as a spokesman and posterbitch for your upcoming series of aerobics training videos "Buns of steel" :D

Lemog
12-02-2004, 02:48 PM
You're crazy... that's too much... incredible character... all is now good for me and for my eyes... you do an exceptionnal work on it... and so faster I think...

Your like the french wine... the time run and you will go better than better... trčs beau... it's fabulous... RESPECT MAN :thumbsup:

mr_carl
12-02-2004, 03:02 PM
verry nice charecter, really like the big sleeve but maby he has a little bit of tight pants.
Looking forvard to se the textured one.

Carl.

cbraun
12-03-2004, 12:01 AM
just..... great!! i dont think i need to say more friend :buttrock: master dimitri!!!:buttrock:

terraarc
12-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Joining the applause session! :applause:

Waiting for those FX and textures mate!
Entupwsiase mas 3ana file!:thumbsup:

pBarrelas
12-03-2004, 07:48 AM
Very nice model as usual!! Keep on dude!!:thumbsup:

flyingP
12-03-2004, 08:42 AM
umm about those boots :hmm: ...............they're fine :D
he really does have damn tight fitting pants though :eek:

still I have to admit I really rather like the overall design I wasn't really 100% sure with the sleeves to start with but in the meantime to find them a very nice touch and actually quite consistent with the rest of the design. The back of his arms don't look exactly anatomically correct and it's the only part that kind of bothers me, but then I doubt I could have done better and I think you can get away with it, so I'll just shut up now :D I want to see you texture all this anyway :bounce:

mv
12-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Now I want to see him dance saturday night fever ....:bounce:

more seriously.... cool stuff!

Xtronik
12-03-2004, 10:27 AM
http://www.xtronik.com/posts/liats.jpg
WOW !

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 10:27 AM
:bounce:

@ Grimreaper1981 ...hahaha..thanks...

@ JamesMK ...thanku wabbit...aerobics video..?...with him as a trainer...? :scream: :scream:

@ Lemog ....look ..one Nut is calling the other Nut...we pretty much alike in these things u know...hahahahahha...thanks crazy Frenchy..

@ mr_carl, cbraun, terraarc, pBarrelas ...thank u friends...i am glad u like him... :)

@ flyingP ...u are maybe right curly piggy ...u have a point...haven't worked that much on the back of the upper arm..i think u see problem at the elbow and the muscle definition above elboe (i think the Engrish name is tricep :scream: ) ...i will make an effort o correct this before texturing the guy...thank man....ohh..and don't u worry, u would have done better..every 2d artist that messes with 3d does better than a 3d bubble like me...lol

adonihs
12-03-2004, 10:32 AM
WOW! Awesome job so far!! Jesus, the modeling you do is just fantastic! Really feels like a mechwarrior type of marine, but different! Very ..wow i cant even describe it! =) looks kick ass so far, im glad I've been checking out the 3D battle as well!!! =) Keep it up bud!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 11:58 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102078697_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102078697_large.jpg)

...One of the Towers will suffer big time as u will see...at leats that is the initial though..

c&c welcomed

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 12:00 PM
http://www.xtronik.com/posts/liats.jpg
WOW !

hahahahah..my new avatar...for the Christmass...hahahah....

@ m@...hahahah...that's a nice idea...hahahahaha :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 12:38 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102081110_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102081110_large.jpg)

...fx for bridge ..(thoughts)

...C&C are welcomed..

SUN
12-03-2004, 12:40 PM
:bounce: FANTASTICCCCCCC FITNESS charachter:bounce:
Greate anatomy (Mono mia mikrh leptomeria exeis valei 10 koiliakous kai einai logiko na megalwsei to ypsos ths meshs alla nomizw oti tha eprepe na katevei ligo pio xamhla h mesh na plhsiasei dhladh h ksifoeidhs apofysh pros thn perioxh toy ofalou h na megalwseis ton emprosthio meizwn odontoto my apo mprosta kai ton platy raxiaio my apo pisw , kai me tous 2 tropous tha dwseis to trigwniko sxhma tou kormou pio omala me ton prwto omws tropo tha megalwsei kai to sththos.Mhpws to paraexesa sthn anatomia to modelo sou omws einai poly leptomeri kai den mporousa na to ekshghsw alliws:). Ola ta parapanw ta grafw me olh mou thn kalh diathesh kai oxi gia na to peksw snob kai to lew auto giati oloi se ekthiazoun (kai poly kala kanoun) kai egw brhka mia parathrhsh :sad: oso gia ta ellhnika einai giati sta agglika den mporousa na vrw ths lekseis anatomias :) alla as pame sta agglika pali )
What i liked most are the arms and the head well done for the design of the outfit too.
Can't wait to see him in other action poses.
I believe u must put him in home page of your web site.
:thumbsup: Keep walking :thumbsup:

SUN
12-03-2004, 12:47 PM
oops YOU send fx:) .very nice particle work on smok and explocion i want to see rendering of the bridge explocion

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 12:47 PM
@ SUN Hahahah..GREEK MODE....min anisixis file ...kai bebea den se pareksigo ..an einai dynaton..kala kaneis kai to les...bebea den einai to grapsimo ton myon poy blepeis stin kilia..alla apla to sxedio tis stolis tou... :) ...exeis dikio an edeixna tin koilia tou exo balei mia parapano sira nomizo..xaxax..alla apla einei to kostoumi etsi sxediasmeno....
ENGRISH MODE ...thanks friend...i am really very glad u like it

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Particles system used are still Hardware Particles (not yet Renderable ..for those who don't know Maya)...they will be in the texture session..though ..soon :wip:

I will go make some Boooms now...and some Nuke explosions too...weeeeeeeeee
:wip:

JamesMK
12-03-2004, 12:50 PM
It's quite clear in 'D' to see what you're going for here. It will look awesome if you manage to pull it off :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 12:51 PM
It's quite clear in 'D' to see what you're going for here. It will look awesome if you manage to pull it off :bounce:

:) ...i hope man..although compositing will be great help to make it in time... :banghead:

flyingP
12-03-2004, 12:56 PM
looking forward to seeing those effects rendered

that Avatar is even scarier than wabbits last one though :scream:

jamacsween
12-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi Dimitris,

I like the bridge bombing explosion. Looks good and look forward to a full render.

The fall of the towwer is also very good and a great sense of action.

JA

JamesMK
12-03-2004, 12:59 PM
that Avatar is even scarier than wabbits last one though :scream:
Oh am glad to be off the hook. "Death-row Santa" is the new official scary avatar :D

SUN
12-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by DimitrisLiatsosParticles system used are still Hardware Particles (not yet Renderable ..for those who don't know Maya)...they will be in the texture session..though ..soon It is good to explain for those who don't work with Maya. The hardware particles ar Renderable only in hardware renderer not on maya renderer of course we will be waiting for you to complete your work and show us the final rendering.
(The hardware renderer used for previs but sometimes can be used as final renderer e.g. sparks with particles in medium distance from camera.)

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 02:48 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102088921_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102088921_large.jpg)

...just a custom method to make fast nuke flower out of simple particle system ...if u don't have fluids or extra plugs in your app..i think it works fine...

c&c are welcomed.

JamesMK
12-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Oh, that looks like a clever method :thumbsup: Must try that sometime... I can think of several times when one would want to force particle clouds to a specific shape... this might be easier than to fiddle around with dynamic forces. Great tip, oh wise greek thing :buttrock:

Lemog
12-03-2004, 03:26 PM
It's a really good method... and it's fast and not too heavy... I do something like that for a chimical deversement, with a nurb container... the result was very good... I'm waiting impatiently your images... :thumbsup:

OZ
12-03-2004, 03:40 PM
DAMN!! U ROX MAN!!...the guy is great...the ship is great!this time u are "giving the white"! a free translation of an italian expression used to say that.....U R O X !!!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 03:44 PM
@ flyingP ...hahahahahahh...it the Christams Nightmare-Avatar....so that the kids eat all their food...hahahhahaha

@ jamacsween ..thanks friend..i am glad if the Tower shows that he is falling down in flames..(i will add more though.. :) )

@ JamesMK...thanks man...well i don't know how clever it is but for sure makes see good results fast and u can also meke any shape u like ...i am glad if it helps. :bounce: ....oh ...i still want the old bunny - avatar back.... :twisted:

@ Lemog...u are right man...now i need a Lemog - clone hear to texture the explosion :deal: ...hahahahah...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 03:47 PM
@ -OZ- ....heyyyy Man...where have u been :) ...i have the body of that lady u sketched almost ready...i still need to make feet and hands ...maybe we could continue on this after the challenge..yes? :love: :bounce:

JamesMK
12-03-2004, 03:48 PM
don't know how clever it is but for sure makes see good results fast and u can also meke any shape u like
Well, the way I see it, that is the very definition of 'clever' :shrug:

And the old avatar cannot come back, because he was KIA at the time of my last harddrive holocaust :D

OZ
12-03-2004, 03:51 PM
I HATE "harddrive holocaustS".......................my personal nightmare!!!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Well, the way I see it, that is the very definition of 'clever' :shrug:

And the old avatar cannot come back, because he was KIA at the time of my last harddrive holocaust :D

.ahhh ok hahahhahahaha...now i can do this :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ...thanks man..really ..u have helped me so much many times and i think u know that i appreciate this... :)

jamacsween
12-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Dimitris,

Just had to pop back and say what a great idea that is, re your nuke cloud. Very very sharp my man. Would never have thought of it which is, I guess, what sets you guys apart.

JA

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 03:57 PM
arggghhh :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: ...thanks man....i am glad u like this..at first i thought that u would all lough(maybe wrong grammar here) with this ....

adr
12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
hehe your avatar rocks hehe , looks great dimitris . About the test is looking great im curious to see the nuke with textures and the composition .

keep amazing us dimitris :thumbsup:

Khar3D
12-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Que tal ADR........

excelente......esta barbaro todo el detalle que le estas metiendo a esa nave........

suerte amigo.......saludos...........

DimitrisLiatsos
12-03-2004, 09:14 PM
@ adr ..thanks friend...the texturing process for the nuke flower is giving me some hard time 'cuase based on what will come out of that i make all the clouds from the xplosions i will have in my image....basically ...my machine is rendering a 2K image ..the last 2 hours...lol...anyway i think it will look ok after or two more tests...

@ Khar3D ... Gracias amigo (althous i dontnos understados what u parladados..:scream: j/k)..saludos

....adr ...please help ..translation one NUT Mexican here?...sssssnake? ayuto :scream:

adr
12-03-2004, 09:39 PM
I think that my friend Khar miss my thread and he watch my name in your thread and put an opinion there hehe .

He is saying that my ship has nice details and wishing me luck

Sorry about the confusion Dimitris

jfelrod1960
12-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! :thumbsup:

Xtronik
12-03-2004, 10:07 PM
@ Khar3D ... Gracias amigo (althous i dontnos understados what u parladados..:scream: j/k)..saludos

:bounce:[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :banghead:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-04-2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102185317_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102185317_large.jpg)

...the Battlefield texturing so far...i 've been working at this since i made the Terrain in Zbrush ..so please feel free to ask for anything u want me to post about it...

Hope u like it so far....

C&C always welcomed....

Squibbit
12-04-2004, 05:58 PM
k... i see a diving mouse...and a dog with sunglasses...and a man with
a hat...and a little curled up penguin with a collar !

DimitrisLiatsos
12-04-2004, 06:01 PM

:scream: :scream: :scream: :p

FuzzyModem
12-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Love the colors on the battlefield.

gpepper
12-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Yo Dim very very cool avatar ! :thumbsup:

Crusty_Butt
12-04-2004, 06:37 PM

Comedic genius, that is.

Dimitris,

The sense of light in that render is very beautiful. Your work blows me away.

Bret

overcontrast
12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
hey looking good man... nice colors and great painting... keep up the good works mate

aLxDesigns
12-04-2004, 07:27 PM
awsome job on every thing so far!!
its starting to look really interesting!
BUT (oh no! the dreded "BUT"!! heheh :) ) i still think you need to go back to the royal guard and tweak the boots a little bit so he can move his ankle! for now its looking fixed and unbendable...

thats my help for now...

cya'll

A.M

greentek
12-04-2004, 10:08 PM
hi Dimitris..
very nice panorama..:thumbsup: but you have some problems with lighting my friend..
i think it's better to avoid direct illumination.. i mean it looks like light source is directed to the viewer.. it's not a prob in general but i think some clouds (top right) are looking bad because of it.. i may suggest you to displace it a bit and lit your scene from the outside..
anyway it's always damn hard task to steup lighting for such complex scene.. :sad:
the best of luck in this hard task and cheers.. :beer:

LAURO_MX
12-05-2004, 02:48 AM
Very good work! Congrats!

keep going:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 08:21 AM
@ Fuzzy Modem ..thanks man...:)

@ gpepper ...hahahah...glad u like my Santa Bubble avatar:scream: .. a friend have painted this (Xtronik) and kinda liked that...also i think i am still in avatar crisis nyway..lol

@ overcontrast ...thanks friend..although i didn't paint anything here (i am not a good painter ) ..everything here (except stars behind clouds) is 3d made ..:)

@ Crusty_Butt, greentek ... thank u friends, lights are not in a final stage for battlefield..and i have to tweak a little more the clouds...Final lights for this will be at end when i have all the models assebled in scene :) , i also need to experiment a little bit with the ground ...

@ LAURO MX ...Thanks friend

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 11:32 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102249948_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102249948_large.jpg)

...some more experimentation on camera angle and center ...

comment and crits are welcomed.

mr_carl
12-05-2004, 11:51 AM
This looks verry nice, I really like the colors.
It will be verry interesting to se how you will put the characters in the image, Iīm sure it will be as good as everything else.

Carl.

arturro
12-05-2004, 11:55 AM
HI there! nice test. Have you tried to move the camera a little bit back and a little bit up, so that it would be placed higher and farther? not big changes in odrer not to lose the feeling of the grand scale.

And do you plan to leave the background more or less as it is? I think that the clouds are to massive, and there's too much of them... I would stick to your first paintings with it...

good luck, I'm waiting for more:twisted:

overcontrast
12-05-2004, 12:22 PM
hey Demi previs is looking great... maaan u have done soo much works done here.. looks stunning keep it up.. and wow i didnt knew that those clouds r 3D... great work mate!! i wanna c some cool lighting in this amazing scene.. and i know how ur concept drawings looked so xpectations are high.. :thumbsup: good luck bro

Versiden
12-05-2004, 12:41 PM
great environment you have there, I like the colours you've choosen, it works really well..
awesome.. waiting for more..

:arteest:

flyingP
12-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I want to see the rest of the stuff in there first, personally I don't think this is going to prove easy Dimitris :shrug:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks guys for the comments....flyingP is right ..this isn't going to be easy...up to now i found some mistakes in prev post with clean Battlefield...i had...double horizon and many mistakes in the depth composition. Tuned more clouds and tryied to go to what arturro suggested about clouds....Up to now i leave light as it is until i have the rest of the objects in this scene....flyingP u are right man..this is now the hard part...i think until the bridge and Towers are inside this view textured and correct lit and in the camera angle..it's not easy to see the feeling of this... :thumbsup:

Lol ..this getting mad...but we shall see how it will turn out...posting in 10 minutes the tuning of battlefield...then i will go to texturing the Bridge and Towers..hopefully! .. :)

stay tuned...

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 02:48 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102261715_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102261715_large.jpg)

...corrections so far on env...

comments and crits are always welcomed...

nataz
12-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Cool env there, though it seems to me that the place where orange and blue luminosity are mixing is a little to blured...

The ground looks cool; do you think we could grow some nice fluffian potatoes in there? :D

Squibbit
12-05-2004, 03:29 PM
sorry , didn't bother to read much :blush: , but are those battlefield fires on the background ?shouldn't there be dark, if not black smoke there , too ?

PS. now there's a little earth elemental fighting a giant pig in the clouds...

Dodgeas3d
12-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Omg this is insane! all this modelling...

Dim do you sleep at all? do you see a daylight at all?

What pc can handle all of these models in one scene?

Superb modeling!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 04:05 PM
@ nataz .....thanks man...well about the transition from blue to orange...maybe ...i am gonna tweak more as i go ...so i will get back to you about this in about 2 weeks.,.. :wip:

@ Squibbit ...hahah..don't worry ...no these are not fires ..i just made the atmosphere in that depth look like this ...maybe also this way i can so another planet's atmosphere.. :shrug: ....

@ Dodgeas3d ...lol...yup i sleep...and i see the light of day too...hahhah...my wife complains a little bit ...but i promised her to finish soon wih this now..... :)

Squibbit
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
k , no fires , but pig u got ! (and earth elemental fightin it)

http://www.saunalahti.fi/panuom/fight.jpg

Climax
12-05-2004, 05:53 PM
• Holly Mother of God!! :eek: :eek: , GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEAATTTTT!!, Dimitris, I like it very much, Maybe you can drop by my thread and give me some tips about how to make good terrains, are those clouds also modelled?

• The only crit from me so far is more like a question: Would your warrios fit in the scene?, I mean, It would be a shame if they are too small or your bridge too far in the final image, of course i don't know your concept of the final, so, post a hand made sketch of it :bounce:

• Super job pal! very impressive!

Deadlyforce
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Whaow ! your model is not an easy one to center !
There are so many areas of interest...maybe you could get the camera even closer to the structure. Or inside ? That could be very impressive. But I definitely would put it closer.
Maybe banking the camera a little could add something.

I'm not of great help but you've got many interesting options with that huge station...

Everything is coming along nicely anyway.

Good luck !

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 06:20 PM
k , no fires , but pig u got ! (and earth elemental fightin it)

http://www.saunalahti.fi/panuom/fight.jpg

ahhhaaahahaha...where is the PIG :scream: :scream: ...JamesMK? have u seen this...aaaaaaaaa :scream: ...Squibbit man...u rock :scream: :thumbsup:

JamesMK
12-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Spookey! Pigs in space! I knew it!

That aside... I just came back from a lengthy weekend mission (black-op, very hush-hush) and I've looked at the recent compo... it IS indeed going to be tough.... I can't say I feel it just yet, and like the pig says, guess one needs to see it with all those vehicles and characters in place before it's possible to suggest tweaks. You have my support in these upcoming darkest hours :D

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 07:49 PM
@ Climax ..thanks friend..i will...clouds are Fluids in Maya (They have Maya Unlimited in the Studio i work for ...so the setup of the clouds was made there)

The characters will be full front on the left corner under the Isbur Canon and very close to the camera...i might try to instance some troopers here and there..but i can't say yet yet 'cuase i honestly don't know yet..lol :)

@ Deadly Force ..thanks man...u are right ..it's difficult to come to nice angle 'cuase there are many spots to concentrate in the final assbly of this image...i hope i will make the best choice on that when the time comes.....it's not easy..this is the most difficult part :banghead: :wip: :banghead:

@ JamesMK ...yup piggy is right..at times like this i wish i had his talent :banghead: ...thanks friend for the support..i really am happy u are all helping on this... :bounce:

jdsb
12-05-2004, 08:24 PM
looking good,pretty insane !,keep going :scream::D:D

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 09:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102287590_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102287590_large.jpg)

...Bridge Module texturing...argghhhh ..lol they are too many...

C&C are welcomed

Squibbit
12-05-2004, 10:14 PM
good stuff , no worries

curious to see the mappings :)

ace4016
12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Thats some nice texturing, although I would have imagined the bridge a bit more brighter and cleaner with all that advanced technology. I thought the bridge pieces were just copies. Cant wait to see the rest:thumbsup: .

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 10:48 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102290489_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102290489_large.jpg)

..arrggghh....

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 10:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102290640_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102290640_large.jpg)

..and...below view (which is the one involed in final image...arrghh...

C&C are welcomed...

Squibbit
12-05-2004, 10:54 PM
sweet...i really like that alot... the lights and all... forget the previous BG and
put everything into a misty morning setting where the sun hasn't yet risen or
sumthin..

lukep
12-05-2004, 10:58 PM
absolutly perfect :thumbsup:

Now Squibbit is right a dawn or sunset scen would be great.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 10:59 PM
good stuff , no worries

curious to see the mappings :)

Yup...i will post them..but forgive me ..i will do this sometime tommorow 'cuase i need some sleep...finally...lol...thanks friend. :)

@ ace4016 ..yup maybe it should be a little cleaner..but first we have a battle going on and second...i kinda imagined the bridge colored a little grey from day 1...but i will take a look to it...tommorow..lol now i really need by bed...lol

Cya...ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

DimitrisLiatsos
12-05-2004, 11:02 PM
sweet...i really like that alot... the lights and all... forget the previous BG and
sumthin..

@ Lukep and Squibbit...mmmmm u got a point :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...thanks friends.....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :scream: .zzzzZZZZZZ....misty morning..not SUN risen yet..ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz...niiiiiiiice ..zzz.....zzzzzzz

Squibbit
12-05-2004, 11:05 PM
haha , good night , dude !

shotta
12-05-2004, 11:26 PM
woooow very good man i like very much this model :thumbsup:

jfelrod1960
12-06-2004, 12:13 AM
I love the previz test! Excellent work! :thumbsup:

arturro
12-06-2004, 12:21 AM
sumthin..
yap, I totally agree:thumbsup: you will get a nice mood by changing the time of the day... I think it will be better. Also the lights from you ships would be beter noticeable... and it would be closer to your concept sketches, which are perfect:twisted:

uwil
12-06-2004, 02:52 AM
what can i say????? i'll just go.......:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: LOL. great work you've done Dimitri

Lemog
12-06-2004, 06:15 AM
For me... nothing too much to crit... maybe just one particular point... more contrast for textures are needed because the bridge is seen by far... but certainly I'll must wait a bit... to see your next advancement... surely perfect... as usually :thumbsup: continue like that man... you touch stars :)

keetmun
12-06-2004, 07:25 AM
I think it looks great! Considering the fact that it's an object that's not very close I think that's incredible detail!

Cheers
:buttrock:

flyingP
12-06-2004, 08:22 AM
@ JamesMK ...yup piggy is right..at times like this i wish i had his talent :banghead:

I'll swap ya :D

Squibbit you're nuts

lovely textures Greek dude :applause:

patina
12-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Hi DimitrisLiatsos

How did I miss this thread, nice work and progresssion, I will have to follow this thread,
I would like to know more abot the story as you have a lot of characters!

Check my link and work

Paul P Patina!

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=188090

terraarc
12-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Hello Dimitris! Nice start on the textures and the composition background! :thumbsup:
Agree on the contrast of the bridge's texture with Lemog..

Waiting for more! :)

Virtuoso
12-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Just an excellent effort.....you should be proud of yourself Dimi.......Nothing to help you with really,this is in good hands,you have your way,I can just give you the compliments you deserve..........:applause:

Ok maybe just one thing.................;) ........I think your models deserve more light tones in some cases.......They should be shown proudly,not hidden in the dark......Possibly some counter lighter tones would give that extra contrast to your various models,the light and dark could play off of each other very well,just one guys opinion,right or wrong............Anyways,no matter what,you are doing a wonderful job,and compliments go out to you.....:arteest: :arteest:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-06-2004, 09:26 AM
@ shotta, jfelrod1960 ....thanks friends....hey jfelrod1960 ..man...your programming project rocks man....i hardly could follow the code at some points (tha part u posted)....amazing project :thumbsup:

@ arturro ...thanks man...yup Squbbit had a good point ..i will strogly consider his thoughts :)

@ keetmun , uwil ... thanks friends .

@ Lemog ...i have made some composition tests...and by increasing a little bit the Contrast it works fine...but i leave open the option to adjust things according to the things u mention my friend...Thanks man...:bounce: :)

@ flyingP ...thanks man..although just seen the texturing on Homeworld2 and...:cry: :drool: ..weeeeee...man that IS grand space opera.....

@ patina ...hey friend..thank u ..u got some vry cool stufff going on your thread :thumbsup:

@ terraarc ...thanks friend..i am going to tweak things more when i have more models on my scene textured...

flyingP
12-06-2004, 09:43 AM
@ flyingP ...thanks man..although just seen the texturing on Homeworld2 and...:cry: :drool: ..weeeeee...man that IS grand space opera.....

they did you a pretty fantastic job with that didn't they :eek: the backgrounds alone are just awesome :bounce:

Scrat-D
12-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Den paizesai ! Every time I enter cgtalk I look for your new posts ! Incredible work and I have also looked your site which I found interesting! Keep up!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-06-2004, 11:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102337212_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102337212_large.jpg)

...texturing of arms holding Bridge...

..arrggghhh...er ..hope u like it ....i am speeding up on this....weee...

Comments and Crits always welcomed.

arturro
12-06-2004, 12:01 PM
WOW! your're making huge steps:twisted: It's great, now I think that changeing the time of day for your scene to the more dark one is your duty:bounce: Don't let that lights to fade in the day light!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-06-2004, 12:06 PM
@ IpiotisDinos ...Eyxaristo file...xairomai poy sou aresei :) .....

@ arturro ... hahaha thanks man...after the way this goes up to now i agree that the idea of a more dark enviroment is better...it's not easy to make all these models and lights and volumetrics to work together...and i don't think i have time for more than one shot at this...let's hope i'll make it descent :)

terraarc
12-06-2004, 12:11 PM
The arm textures look pretty good at this point! Can we have a composition distance and overall look of the bridge so far? :)

Xtronik
12-06-2004, 12:15 PM
sperneis : )

Lemog
12-06-2004, 12:23 PM
What I see ? an new dark way for your masterpiece... for what not... that's maybe better to contrast all elements... I hope to see that man... :bounce:

Kragh
12-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Looking great your newest pieces. One thing, the bridge seems a little low-poly, like it was meant for a game. I mean lots of details, but still. How much in background is it supposed to be ? (as I still canīt manage to follow your entry -too many posts!!!- Iīm not even sure if it is a background model or foreground) And tons of lights(!), great sense of scale that makes in your models. Funny stuff about the pig in the clouds, also saw it. Pretty scary animal.

Btw thank u for your kind comments in my entry, as for the alien ship, I think iīll keep the "pond reptile" look, donīt have the time to change it. Maybe cover it up in mechanical stuff:)

Keep on the hard work

Tranchefeux
12-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi, Your work 3d, is large I am admiring, good road

glim
12-06-2004, 05:41 PM
as all of your work , your texturing is very good:thumbsup:

do you create the glow in your 3d software or it is compositing

LAURO_MX
12-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Congrats dude, your work is superb!:thumbsup:
see it...

rattlesnake
12-06-2004, 07:57 PM
your entry is a gallery of what u can do and all is looking great..
for your textures ....i like the glows u added...but i think that maybe u should add some more divisions to the texture so the scale of the model looks bigger...
at this time i think that the textures are making look small your model...just in the part where the fire is...i mean not the fire..the metalic part in that side....hope i did explained fine...thats what i think...great work anyway friend!!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-06-2004, 09:14 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102371237_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1102371237_large.jpg)

....working on this more....

This about the perspective i am going finally i think...(yes..this means that maybe i will make a portrait final image..lol..) , also i think this is the distance on the bridge..i think as i said... lol...sorry for the confusion ...i am trying to get the best possible angle for everything and i see tha flyingP was right about my theme that Portrait Image works better...we will see..after all it will soon come to an end....thanks for your support guys and your comments....

c&c always welcomed....

fellah
12-07-2004, 12:01 AM
your avatar rocks!! but the rest is not good..... better if you stop, and give all the childrens their presents.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 12:47 AM
your avatar rocks!! but the rest is not good..... better if you stop, and give all the childrens their presents.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:bounce: :p

greentek
12-07-2004, 01:09 AM
....working on this more....
c&c always welcomed....
the bridge looks and is great..! :thumbsup:
lights are greatly doing their job..! very impressive Dimitris..!:thumbsup:
i'm sure you'll make it look even better..
keep great work going and cheers my friend..! :beer:

ace4016
12-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Seeing the parts together makes the bridge look perfect with the color. Dark setting really birngs the light out, i like. Show us more:bounce: .

Lemog
12-07-2004, 05:29 AM
Gate textures are very good... and first lighting test is nice... that's agree me with this look darker...
For the orientation of the picture... I don't know for the moment... depending of the next elements you add and if you keep the composition like the previous...
Space was so practical for that...

Inlandscape, with the bridge in the left part, the eyes start to perceive the scene from this one, to go to lose itself in infinite which is at right.

In portrait, the bridge will be seen like an object which cuts the legibility of the picture, with things in bottoms, which are in foreground, and of the things in top, which will be in background. The choice will come from itself I think when you will start to group all your elements together.

But now, in that's state... my preference go to portrait format :)

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 08:24 AM
@ greentek ...thanks man..i am trying to find now the correct color feeling for the Towers ...:banghead:

@ ace4016 ....i think so too friend...we will see how this will go...

@ Lemog ..u are right my friend..it all depends on gathering all the elements in the scene...then the final decision will be easier...we shll see..i am prepared to sacrifice some models if pic looks better in Portrait (that of 'course was something i expected to happen if i decided for portrait setup...)...:deal:

...right now i am having some difficulties with the Towers..lol...too many elements..i think i will go with a grey-black-grey look and play with the lights to give them life...what do u think?

Lemog
12-07-2004, 08:31 AM
i think i will go with a grey-black-grey look and play with the lights to give them life...what do u think?Maybe you can try do place together all you element... and separate them by depth on separate layer... and do light set up for each layer... and composite at final... like that, you can have a complete control between grey elements... :shrug:

mjamelsadiq
12-07-2004, 08:35 AM
hi

it look emty ..............................................i think fill some think backgroung

Lelantos
12-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Man this is incredible detailed job very nice really like it and lights are awesome :thumbsup:
this is coming along great can't wait to see whats next you rock:buttrock:

JamesMK
12-07-2004, 09:02 AM
The textures pretty much rock in my humble opinion... and we do like those tiny glowy lights, don't we? Yesssss, we wantses it, preciousssssssssss lights

flyingP
12-07-2004, 09:07 AM
hmmm just don't make so dark that we can't see the rest, glowing lights are great but where's the point if the end overpowering a scene which is already likely to be very busy :curious:

JamesMK
12-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Right, the pig makes an important point too :cool:

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Yup ...guys thanks..flyingP ,JamesMK and Lemog have a point here...i think i am facing the most critical part of this ...there are too many elements and also we have see everything..not only glows...lol....i am working to find a solution ...and above all that...a new project came to my work....weeeeeeee

Oh..somebody asked me if glows are compositing or 3d..they are 3d ....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mv
12-07-2004, 10:13 AM
yeah.. stop working on the challenge, time for more important stuff... the children are waiting!

seriously, looking great!

DimitrisLiatsos
12-07-2004, 10:17 AM
yeah.. stop working on the challenge, time for more important stuff... the children are waiting!

seriously, looking great!

LOL...thanks man....hahahahah

Denman
12-07-2004, 10:23 AM
i just finished reading and following this thread form page 1 till page 83...
took me an hour i think.. :P

what can i say.. you a genius or a psycho i didnt decided yet.. (just kidding)

butt ermmmm.. what do you do for a living ? you make games or something, cause this modells..
look better then the moddels in the latest games :D

shotta
12-07-2004, 10:23 AM
immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmpressive:thumbsup:

Lemog
12-07-2004, 10:53 AM
you a genius or a psycho i didnt decided yet.. (just kidding)Me... there's a long time that I know... but I can't say it... cause Dim is a friend... :D hahahahahahahaha

jfelrod1960
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM
C'mon "D" I'm ready for some more updates! :thumbsup:

greentek
12-07-2004, 04:25 PM
butt ermmmm.. what do you do for a living ? you make games or something, cause this modells.. look better then the moddels in the latest games :D
for a living he's doing a TV spots for the game companies..!!! :D

flyingP
12-07-2004, 04:41 PM
for a living

he's actually living :surprised :eek: