PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Alphaë
11-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Simply incredible :eek: I am ........ simply destroyer by your talent !! What a face !! ......... good, me I will lie down ............ very impressing :eek::eek:

Russell-Nash
11-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Man, threads like yours should be marked with a warning. Attention! Looking at this amazing art could depress you if you are trying to model yourself.

Outstanding work, man. :buttrock:

Russel

mr_carl
11-18-2004, 08:26 PM
WOW that charecter looks really awsome :applause:

Carl.

pBarrelas
11-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Let me tell you that you have there a very great model dude, as always!!:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-18-2004, 09:59 PM
@ flyingP ... a few times where I wouldn't mind having a Windows PC ....they're only short moments though
....hahahah i hear ya...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@ maranello55 ...thanks friend...well basically working in Layers is the same in a way like in composition of an image...u have every differnt part u work in a layer....so if u need to focus in something u don't walk around all your models in the scene....by organising this from the beginning u just end up having everything in order and so u are not lost even in a scene extremely big...and also by layering u can hide always stuff not important at the momment of modeling something else...and thus take some load of your VGA card and procesors back :) for example u can hide legs of a character and torso if u are working with his hands or head and so on....hope i helped.

@ jddog, jdsb ..thank u friends..i am glad u like it. :bounce:

@ Alphaë, Russel_Nash ..... :blush: :blush: ...stop it ..someone may actually believe that i am good at this...lol

@ mr_carl...thank u friend...good thing is , and i am very happy about it, that as the Banana - Head fellah said i did a better character now than in the past....that makes me happy 'cuase i an a way it means i am getting better to this :)

Lemog
11-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Continue like that, it's so interesting...crazy progress PotatoeMan :thumbsup:

Versiden
11-19-2004, 06:26 AM
heya, I really like the clothing and armour you have for your character.. nicely detailed but not overly excessive.

excellent :thumbsup:

I hope they make a book out of the space challenge, so many good entries... yours amongst the tops..
l8rz

young_927
11-19-2004, 06:56 AM
nice looking model~ can't wait till its textured~

terraarc
11-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Great progress! The face is looking freakin angry and raw! He is a hell of a heavy facilitated unit! I just wonder where are you going with him texture-wise. Somehow I see a mixture of Warcraft 3 orc and some warhammer guy (quote: Have you played Warhammer 40000? :) I'm not game kind of guy) with all this artiliery on him!

Waiting for more!
:beer:

dark-elf2
11-19-2004, 08:28 AM
common man
i havent seen any updates on here 4 ages
or are u waiting for everyone else to catch up
lol :thumbsup:

Saschi0815
11-19-2004, 10:14 AM
***throwing potatoes***

u are too good - i hate this entry as all which are as beautiful as yours...:twisted:

Man, ...really amazing:bowdown:

Keep the potatoes flying....:applause:

LucianoBerutti
11-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey Dimitris, Great work man! but where you will put this alien in your scene?

evanfotis
11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Hi Dimitri, really impressive progress.

I like that you have a equal dexterity for the architectural structures as well as the organic and human face forms (I consider more difficult).

I like the looks of this guy, but just a minor thought:
his "κυνόδοντες" (canine teeth) seem to emerge from nowhere, that is, there is not much bone substance under the upper jaw to support them imho.
Maybe if you could add a suggestion of the structure without "spoiling" his nice little rippling wrinkles, it would be more convincing.

Xtronik
11-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Excellent Progress Jim :thumbsup:

adr
11-20-2004, 03:35 AM
Awesome Dimitri , your best character ever , and the gear is looking fantastic too. Keep going man :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nuclearman
11-20-2004, 03:54 AM
Not only is the character superb modeling, it's really great costume design as well! I learn a great deal every time I check in on your thread; many thanks for posting the insights into your workflow.

Deadlyforce
11-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Many improvements in your model ! :thumbsup:
Don't worry the guy looks very natural.

Keep going !

DimitrisLiatsos
11-20-2004, 04:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1100973538_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1100973538_large.jpg)

...more preogress on Merc...arggh...

comments and crits are welcomed.

flyingP
11-20-2004, 05:05 PM
got any more views of the boots ??,

by the way how big is this guy going to be in the final render ??

DimitrisLiatsos
11-20-2004, 05:07 PM
@ Versiden, young_927, terraarc, dark-elf2 ...thanks guys for the support :bounce:

@ Lemog, Saschi0815 ..hahaha...potatoe throwing will commence soon..hahaha :thumbsup: ..thank u guys

@ luciano berutti ..thanks man...he is going to be close !!! :twisted:

@ evanfotis ...thanks...gotcha..will check this... :)

@ Xtronik ...heyyyy...thanks my friend..u know u sed be on this challenge too :bounce:

@ adr, nuclearman, Deadly Force ...many thanks guys for the good words and encouragement :bounce:

....update again tonight later...i am working on this guy much now ..must finish his modeling till sunday night...arrhhh....bubbles !

DimitrisLiatsos
11-20-2004, 05:09 PM
got any more views of the boots ??,

by the way how big is this guy going to be in the final render ??

..sure ..i will post their model separately if u like ...but it's on the beginning...more stuff on them later tonight! :twisted:

...did i mention that HL2 kicks butt :twisted:

flyingP
11-20-2004, 05:11 PM
>>> but it's on the beginning...more stuff on them later tonight!

thought that might be the case :D

>>>...did i mention that HL2 kicks butt

yes, and I can't play it on my Mac, so shut up :cry:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-20-2004, 05:12 PM
>>>

yes, and I can't play it on my Mac so shut up :cry:

...yes..but u can play UT2004 and the server WILL be ready next Sunday or sooner .. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

flyingP
11-20-2004, 05:22 PM
yep just been getting in some practice :D

Edit: by the way you setting that thing up is going to kill any productivity I have left you know :argh:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-20-2004, 08:08 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1100984933_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1100984933_large.jpg)

....close to boots ... some more tweaks needed here...will do soon...

comments and crits always welcomed.

DimitrisLiatsos
11-20-2004, 08:11 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1100985077_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1100985077_large.jpg)

The Grana Merc so far....i have 30 % of him more ..and his Gun...

Comments and crits are welcomed always. :)

greentek
11-20-2004, 10:21 PM
hi Dimitris..
damn.. how great modeler you are man!! face of this guy is very expressive.. very.. i'm not a big pro in the character modeling but your skills are extremely high! you constantly show it through your wonderful models..
great stuff my friend!!!
keep it up and cheers!

BikiniBottom
11-20-2004, 10:23 PM
i really like your moddelling! keep it up! exited to see your final image!

ace4016
11-20-2004, 10:41 PM
This guy is lokoing bad (in a good way). Maybe its just me but his feet look a bit small for someone of his size, could just be the boots. can't wait to see his arms and gun:thumbsup:

Wilson-3d
11-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Hello. Everything is still looking great. I had a small cirt on the boots. I know you said they were still going to be tweeked. The feet look a little small to me. Like they need to be longer to fit with the body and some type of arch would probably add a lot or the foot widening as it goes out. Probably stuff you are planning on doing in your tweeks but thought I would mention it. I really like the character and have enjoyed following your progress.

DimitrisLiatsos
11-20-2004, 11:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1100998052_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1100998052_large.jpg)

So far work on this guy...
Thanks for the crits and kind words.
I will check again if boots needs to be a little bigger regarding the size of the Merc....thank u :)

Comments and crits are welcomed.

lukep
11-21-2004, 12:03 AM
he looks very mean, that's good then.

Concerning the boots, i find them a (small) bit too thick rather than too short. As already comented adding simply an arch may solve that.

keep on the good job :thumbsup:

mmoir
11-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Dimitris,

Well, you have a very strong image going here. I like your character , the modeling is very well done. I only have one main character in my image and am going to model him last . I haven't really completed an entire character before and your character image is giving me incentive and inspiration to model him. Going to look at your thread to help me out . Great job so far.:thumbsup:

Mike
My GSO entry
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=180886

DimitrisLiatsos
11-21-2004, 12:16 AM
@ lucep..thanks man...i think i understand where the problem is ...will tweak it more... :thumbsup:

@ mmoir ...glad u like it so far friend
:)

Virtuoso
11-21-2004, 01:41 AM
Hi Dimi...................I think the you have a very nice character to add to the fleet of work already shown........I would like to see some lighter tones from you with this praticular model come texture time........As for the boots.....My first thought was "Short",nice looking boots for sure,but short.......The width looks good.......If it were me,and it's not,but if it were............I would make them longer,and with the added length add still some width to balance out the extra length...............Nitpick.....but........:)

Doing a great job here,keep at it like you always do,a finissh to be proud of is coming I am sure...........:buttrock:

Climax
11-21-2004, 02:29 AM
• Mega cool model! Looks like an old mongolian warrior, only crit so far, try to strech his pelvis a bit and separate the legs so you wont have troubles when assigning bones to that areas

• A question: when assigning bones how do you manage all separated pieces? I ask this cuz after texturizing i merge the whole in a single mesh and don't know if there is a way mantaining separates pieces without having interpenetrations when moving its skeleton

• Cool, keep updating :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
11-21-2004, 04:34 AM
sweet!!..your desing for the boots is great...the chest is impressive too...cool job friend!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hqgamer
11-21-2004, 05:27 AM
poli oreo re dimitri :thumbsup:
<ot> pou doulevis ? .. enoo iparxi doulia se afto ton tomea ?
skeftome na pao se kolegio gia 3d animation </ot>

DimitrisLiatsos
11-21-2004, 09:07 AM
@ Virtuoso ...thanks Michael...i think u are right..and u not nitpicking..u have spotted the problem...the boots are a little bit short...will fix that today along adding some more stuff to him...:thumbsup:

@ Climax ... thanks firend ..well when it comes to assigning bones ...there is a a mix of of SOFT and RIGID bind process...i start from the legs ang go up...i don't select all of the model at once and Bind it....for example usually the legs are soft binded...the torso also...ususally the arms and hands are riggid binded and i use also lattices with Driven Key to correct any mistakes on movement if the geaomtry is deformed in a wierd way. Shoulder pad and exoskeleton in torso usually just needs to be parented to to bones of that area and NOT binded.....hope this helps :)

@ rattlesnake ...thanks my Mexican friend...u have given me some very crazy ideas by your design too :thumbsup: :bounce: ...can't wait to see the rest of your work done...

@ hqgamer ...douleyo stin Orasis Studios S.A ..alla eimai kai freelancer...an exei doulia ayto to kairo? ..oxi idiaitera ..alla genika einai kai ena thema pou thelei poly psaksimo..an endiaferese gia 3D stin Ellada..thelei na eise etoimos na anexteis polla .....megali sizitisi...exoun anoiksoi ena Thread sto CGnews forum tou CGtalk...." Posoi Ellines eiste edo ?"
einai dyo ...to ena einai megalo ....psakse tha sou lithoun apories arketes ekei..ekei milame arketa gia to thema...kane ena search na breis to thread...:)

JamesMK
11-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Looking ubercool of course. :bounce:

The boots did strike me too as a bit off, but I see you're all over it already...

Seems we might need to stand by our previous order to strike you down with the evil squirrel squad. For every squirrel you squash, we'll send two new ones to replace it....

markovicd
11-21-2004, 11:44 AM
that soldier is looking cool!

overcontrast
11-21-2004, 11:48 AM
BUDDY UR JUST TOO GOOD.!!! those models are looking just stunning... keep it up man... this is gonna b one grand opera!!... i can almost smell the finisded image :thumbsup: :bounce:

Nazirull
11-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Dimitri doode....nice character modelling. I dont see anything wrong with the boot. Maybe Im just not good at looking at things. Looking at the overall body, the whole proportion is ok and the boots end up right at the knee...looks ok....but i really dont know:D

Keep it up!

DimitrisLiatsos
11-21-2004, 09:54 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101077664_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101077664_large.jpg)

...work so far on Merc...

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 12:05 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101085555_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101085555_large.jpg)

Finished model...need to make him a gun now.

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 12:08 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101085701_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101085701_large.jpg)

Full model....

Comments and crits always welcomed.

rattlesnake
11-22-2004, 12:57 AM
very well done friend...now i see my character and think is ugly...:sad:
your modeling is clean and youre fast!
i need a boots like those...they are really good...u can put a nike air logo in them! and sell them:thumbsup:...

this model has your style on it...design is sweet...i have no crits for it! just good thoughts...cant wait for textures:bounce:

rashaverak
11-22-2004, 01:11 AM
damn u r fast

leigh
11-22-2004, 01:24 AM
All of your individual models are coming along really nicely, but try not to get too carried away with each small piece when it's the BIG scene that is most important ;)

Looking forward to seeing how this will all come together.
You always have cool entries in the challenges :)

TedTerranova
11-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Yes, as leigh has stated, it is all looking great, but I am anxious to see the composition. I can never work without having the composition first, and it is interesting to see how each artist has their own process of creating a final image.

Xtronik
11-22-2004, 01:39 AM
You forgot your ICONface in the image !:scream:
Damn good progress so far.... You ve upgraded the face as I see.

@Leigh: Details always makes the difference to BIG projects like this. Especially when u have to deal with such a level of artists.

Composition is always the final step -and the most important . With such a progress speed, I think you won't have proplem with your deadlines, Dim. :thumbsup:

Climax
11-22-2004, 02:16 AM
• I like the proportions and the overall detail, cool job

userBrian
11-22-2004, 02:36 AM
Great work! One of my favorite bubbles! Just a suggestion, but if
you are stuck figuring out how to fit him into the main picture, just
have him lighting your corner avatar's cigarette with a REALLY
REALLY big laser rifle. Id like to see the smoke effects.

my 3D entry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=179803)

ace4016
11-22-2004, 02:44 AM
The Grana Merc is looking great. With all the models I see you have I only have one question, can you texture as fast as you model?

Nazirull
11-22-2004, 03:56 AM
ace4016,

I think Dimitri dont have to answer that....You'll find out soon enough.:scream:

lehmi
11-22-2004, 06:28 AM
really clean and cool modeling.

Although the area of the hip looks almost female... can't point my finger on it... but it's probably becase of what he is wearing... or maybe because he's not a... a human :D

Lemog
11-22-2004, 06:36 AM
The only one thong I don't like so much, are the boots... that make me feel Grana Merc go skiing... but I think with well textures, euh, dirty textures, there's no problem. :bounce: Anyway, always a great-greek-art-potatoeMan :)

Versiden
11-22-2004, 07:22 AM
seems you've been going at this hardcore since I last visited.. hehe

great progress dude, it's looking awesome..

btw, the little grooves on the bicep area - is that textured or actuall geometry? the amount of detail is insane ;p

You can use this merc as a seperate entry I think, it's soo good.

terraarc
11-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Another weekend passed and you're still speeding up! :thumbsup: Great soldier! Certainly has your personal style on him! :bounce:

GO!GO!GO!

flyingP
11-22-2004, 08:10 AM
The only one thong I don't like so much, are the boots... that make me feel Grana Merc go skiing...

sorry Dimitri, but yeah they're are bugging me too, they look a bit like sport shoes just boots, maybe textures will help though :shrug:

JamesMK
11-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Massive.

However, now that ski boots have been mentioned.... yup, they do look a bit like that.

But before you do anything about it, consider you composition and ask yourself if we will actually see the boots :deal:

flyingP
11-22-2004, 09:14 AM
But before you do anything about it, consider you composition and ask yourself if we will actually see the boots :deal:

well if you aren't gonna see them, chop'em off :wise: ....it is a point though and I think I did ask just how big this guy was going to be in the final render before, nonetheless makes for a interesting WIP :D

Tremoside
11-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi Dimi,

Boots question?
Maybe twenty pixels on the whole image? I don't know, but James was right above.
Of course textures can help, but if you just modify the "nose" to a larger form, that will change the overall look of it.
by the way you're really a master of this Space topic,
Tremo

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 09:51 AM
@ rattlesnake ...hahaha..thanks man...those boots ...really have a wierd and different impact in everyones eyes...hahaha

@ rashaverak .... thanks, although this isn't a good thing always...:)

@ Leigh ... Yes i know what you mean ...altough i can't stop sometimes....i need to see stuff on the model...lol....thanks for the encouragement and good words Red hair Coffee Addict Lightwaver...are messing now at all with MODO or not yet :)

@ Novacaine ...don't worry my friend ..everything is under control...yet.:bounce:

@ Xtronik ..heyyy..thanks man....yup a little more i did ...i did :)

@ Climax , userBrian ... thank u friends...lol...laser gun...wait till u see his gun...weeeeeeeeee

@ userBrian ...Thanks man..actually faster...lol...i am kidding...we shall see..:)

@ lehmi ...actually i really didn't bother much with this matter..and basically the shape in his hips looks a little slik becuase of his pants...but that wont be problem ..as in the final compo he will be in a pretty dynamic position i think. :)

@ Lemog , FlyingP and my favourite wabbit JamesMK and Tremoside...lol hahaha..skiing boots...well i don't seem to have succeded much on the boots(although it's a part of the modeling i like very much on a character like this one) ....i hope the final pose and texturing will help it .
If not ...i will definitely make new ones or will start these one from the early steps of the model and be more carefull to avoid the skiing effect...damn..i can't make good boots...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

@ Versiden ...thanks man...grooves are modeled ...but that's not so difficult 'cuase pants are NURB surfaces and they can be sculped and defoprmed very easy in Maya...(and in every other app as far as i know)

@ terraarc ... thanks man...i hope i have...and more let's hope more..that u like it :) .

....bubbles

flyingP
11-22-2004, 10:00 AM
(although it's a part of the modeling i like very much on a character like this one)

shoe fetish huh? :D

JamesMK
11-22-2004, 10:03 AM
shoe fetish huh? :D
Can't really say I'm surprised :D

flyingP
11-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Can't really say I'm surprised :D

must have something to do with potatoes :wise:

Lemog
11-22-2004, 10:12 AM
If you have some problems to do some good boots textures... you can try that... it's the top notch for the macho potatoes...

http://www.madamedeco.com/images/tongue_R.jpg

JamesMK
11-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Mwaaahaaa! That's a really bad-ass combat style paintjob :D I can already see him before me, crushing the enemies to death beneath his flowery beach slippers

Nazirull
11-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Vey nice....very hi-tech look to it........i mean those sandals

flyingP
11-22-2004, 10:57 AM

aren't those things banned from warfare

:eek:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Lemog, flyingP, JamesMK, maranello .....ROFLAMO....hahahahah....Bastards....hhahahahaha...i can't stop hahahahahaahahahahah :scream: :) :scream: ....U Really made my day..Thanks...i needed that ...hhahaha...i lo0ve u guys, hahajhahahah...bastards...SQUIRRELS..GO ...KILL KILL KILL...:bounce:

Nazirull
11-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Great..........now he thinks that we are a buncha clowns.:shrug:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 01:45 PM
no friend ..it was mend a joke ...did not mean to offence anyone ...please forgive me if u took it this way!!! :sad:

overcontrast
11-22-2004, 02:00 PM
hey great work man... awesome modeling!!... m just out of speech... soo much hungry for more of these!!

flyingP
11-22-2004, 03:18 PM

http://www.bjread.joice.net/fposts/pigclown1.jpg

:blush:

Gunilla
11-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Excellent modeling, concept and all - I can understan how this has become such a huge thread!
Can't come up with much crits here - it would perhaps be volume lacking in his crotch area, not quite heroic if you get my point. Other than that - just splendid :thumbsup:

JamesMK
11-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Mwaahaa @ pig-slash-clown :D

Gunilla might have a point - lets talk GROIN here for a while.... on second thought, lets not :D

flyingP
11-22-2004, 04:31 PM
on second thought, lets not :D

:lightbulb

after all maybe this is the female of the species :wise:

JamesMK
11-22-2004, 04:49 PM
after all maybe this is the female of the species :wise:
Would make sense, particularly with those beach slippers :argh:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 04:51 PM
:scream: ...bastards...lol.... :bounce:

flyingP
11-22-2004, 04:52 PM
quick he's back, run and hide everyone :lightbulb

:D

JamesMK
11-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Holy moly! Can't see me! *thin vapour trail quickly disappearing in the air*

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 04:56 PM
OK...speed modeling ..new boots ..starting in 10 minutes.... :bounce:

linda
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Dimitris: you are rocking super modeling so great and fast! exo pathi plaka!

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 05:31 PM
@ Linda....noooo...u are way better than me girl and u know it...ego exo pathi plaka me ti doulies sou kyria mou :thumbsup:

@ Piggy - Wabbit and Co ...here is Merc's revenge for his boots discussion.. :
scream:

http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/livingtoon/toon02.jpg

CHANGED THAT 'CUASE I THINK THAT MAYBE SOME PEOPLE FOUND IT INSULTING...sorry not my intention. :sad:

and

http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/joke2.jpg

JamesMK
11-22-2004, 05:34 PM
BWAAAAHAHAAAAAAA! Looks excellent :applause:

flyingP
11-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Bwawahahahahahahahahahahahah!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

much better :wise: :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Well now that i think u understand how dangerous and lethal this Merc can be ..i can model his gun for tonight...ok ? :scream: :scream: ...lol

Posting soon wip on His gun....fixed also a little his genitalia area ..not to make him look less fighter... :scream: :scream:

Squibbit
11-22-2004, 06:01 PM
urgh...disturbing...

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Sorry man..if it disturbs u ..i can delete this :argh: no problem :rolleyes:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 06:46 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101152782_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101152782_large.jpg)

Merc Gun started...it will be finished tonight..i think.

Squibbit
11-22-2004, 07:37 PM
I wasn't quite that serious , dude :P

thanks for your concern anyways , I'll be more accurate with my postings from now on ,
it was just merely "hello" disturbing , not like " o s**T I can't take this " disturbing, hehe

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 08:10 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101157849_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101157849_large.jpg)

...argghhh...continuing..i 'll stay up till it finishes...arghhh

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 08:28 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101158893_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101158893_large.jpg)

...continuing....

YasushAzush
11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
OK OK OK Youuuuuuuuu Smoky Smoky
:rolleyes:
Is This The Right Place For dimit? haaaa?
:sad:
Who Is Dimit ?
:deal:
He Is an Alien ?:eek:

Look so !!!:)

:bounce: :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 09:45 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101163518_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101163518_large.jpg)

about half way now...i think

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 10:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101167226_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101167226_large.jpg)

About 70-80% of Merc Gun...i think it will finish tommorrow night...hope u like it so far

DimitrisLiatsos
11-22-2004, 10:49 PM
@ visualact.com ..thanks man for your support and good words :)

overcontrast
11-23-2004, 12:08 AM
that gun is looking fantastic..... i wud like to c some more matt things on the gun... but i guess thats just a test material... keep it up the great works man

ace4016
11-23-2004, 12:20 AM
nice looking gun, cant wait to see it in his hands, kind of weird trying to figure out what does what on that gun or how big the gun really is.

dark-elf2
11-23-2004, 12:37 AM
nice looking gun
is it me or havent u attached the torusy thing on the back of the gun

Climax
11-23-2004, 12:40 AM
• What a great gun! Only crit: if your character would have it in his hands, wouldn't it seem too heavy? I agree with visualact.com, this is the right place 4 u

Keep Posting pal!

greentek
11-23-2004, 03:31 AM
great tutorial how to model amazing stuff!!!
maybe you can theach us how to invent such amazing design as well?! :D
i'm personally the first one who would take your lessons..
great work Dimitris as usual! :thumbsup:

Nazirull
11-23-2004, 03:51 AM
no friend ..it was mend a joke ...did not mean to offence anyone ...please forgive me if u took it this way!!! :sad:Hey doode....I meant it as a joke too!! :D Theres no reason to take anyone seriously when it comes to joke around here should we??:applause:

Kudos to you Dimitri!

Anyway...thats a wicked looking gun and a nice tutorial from a master like urself!

Lemog
11-23-2004, 06:30 AM
Your potatoes launcher is a great piece... I hope to see it quickly in his arms... I'm so curious...

but I think that's not too much practical to skiing with that, I do a mistake ? :buttrock:

linda
11-23-2004, 07:01 AM
Dimitris i think everything looks great and i edmire your "afosiosi" (don´t remember the word in english) realy how many hours per day do you spend on this project?

It is nice to come in to this thread because you know that you will see something new not like mine:)

Versiden
11-23-2004, 07:19 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've run out of things to say im afraid .. ;p

im interested to see how he holds this

terraarc
11-23-2004, 07:53 AM
Great modelling session on the "gun"! :applause:

I wonder which side is the front one? (If I were the merc the first thing I'd probably do will be to shoot myself "eerrrr....well....is this side up or the other?") Thank god this Grana Merc guy is a pro! :D

Keep it up neighbour mate!

flyingP
11-23-2004, 08:38 AM
scream:

OMG will we be seeing that on the battlefield too?? :scream:

JamesMK
11-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Gaaaah! :scream: Spooookey! I need more coffee, I'm seeing things....

flyingP
11-23-2004, 08:59 AM
And I thought it was because I had already had to much :D

but seriously Dimitri, the gun is cool, although I too am also interested on how the Merc will carry/hold it :curious:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 09:00 AM
@ overcontrast ...Thanks man..yes it's just a shader to show only model so far...not the real texturing...model is not yet finished..i will finish it tonight as a model...

@ ace4016 ...hahaa..u will see don't worry...when i 'll bind the guy to his skeleton, i will also attach the gun to him.

@ dark-elf2 ...no..no it's not just u....u are right it's the part that i am going to work on tonight (i am in work now). I think generally it's going to be a good and techie looking gun :)

@ Climax ...thanks man, gun is big..yes...think Guns like the ones in Unreal Tournament...lol...that big...:)

@ greentek ... thanks friend..your words are too kind for me..i am not a designer (although i would like to be)...the general way is that i try always to take organic shapes of the present and try to transform them to mechanical parts in the future (Sparrow for example , or Bull for the Grana Tank)..hope i helped :)

@ maranello55 ...thanks...don't worry basically maybe i have the problem ' cuase in written word it's some times difficult to understand in a non native language when someones makes houmor or not ...lol ..just ignore me....bubbles haha ...thanks for the kind words friend...:bounce:

@ Lemog ...Potatoe Launcher...hmmmm...u arte giving me great ideas...hey man your work rocks....maybe i should send some squirrels to your thread too....hahaha :scream:

@ linda ... Thank u lady! It's basically just a dedication (afosiosi ) to finish what i have started ...'cuase one or two days after the final concept i realized i had put my self in a little difficult position with this monstress scene. ...But i don't like quiting so i basically am (Peismataris)stubborn and want to finish this. Not to mention that the friends i have made through the challenges are very dear to me and i am always enjoying beeing around them ...:bounce: :) ...As for what u say about your work...u know ..and i know that u have alot to show very soon 'cuase i know what BOMBASTIC work u do...so don't be so modest (metriofron) ..i think everybody here knows u are way good to your KUNG FU (3d art).:thumbsup:

@ Versiden ...thanks man...u will see ..after all we now have a little more thatn a month to finish ...:)

@ terraarc ...hahahah...u 'll see...hahaha

i will finish gun tonight and try to show how he si going to have this in his arm..thanks guys for the support

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 09:02 AM
@ Piggy and Wabbit Co ... boy do i u have a surprise for u two bubbles and the crazy Frenchie Lemog soon ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nazirull
11-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Dimitri my friend!!:D

On one of your mental ray render, did you use you dual g5 to do it? If yes, how long did it take?

I can just surf for some review maybe.

I just wanna know from the end user like you since sometime reading reviews and benchmark didnt really give you the impression.:wise:

Im considering on getting either a dual Xeon or a dual G5 for my station.

Please enlighten me!:sad:

Rui_Padinha
11-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Greetings o Lord of Bubbles!

It seems to me that you're having waaaaaay much more fun than is officially allowed by the rules of engagement. He he... btw, so am I :)

Your piece is really coming along nicely! Great clean modelling and some very interesting concept designs to boot... what more could one want? Keep it up :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-23-2004, 10:52 AM
I'm very afraid and I tremble, I'm allergic to the squirrels... :scream:
But potatos like you, I eat tons all days of them, but after I spit the glasses... :D

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 11:52 AM
On one of your mental ray render, did you use you dual g5 to do it? If yes, how long did it take?

I can just surf for some review maybe.

I just wanna know from the end user like you since sometime reading reviews and benchmark didnt really give you the impression.:wise:

Im considering on getting either a dual Xeon or a dual G5 for my station.

Please enlighten me!:sad:

I don't remember how much time ...but not much ..it was very fast i think..in Comparison with a Dual XEON i can say the speed tends to be the same in Mental Ray or faster(tested with A Dual XEON 2.8 GHz IBM Intellistation...)...but this is not the important..the important is that on the G5 is...stable and solid as a rock..i mean the render never crashes in MR ...if on this (G5) u add a 6800 ULTRA nvidia new card(like i did..weeee) ...u have i think a very good machine..just my opinion...that is why i am gonna switch my Maya license for PC to MacOSX soon :) ..(but please remember that it's only my opinion ...nothing more). The difficult to decide is that will not have (yet) the stronge Pro VGA cards u can find in PC's for 3d...but that is why i keep a small factor PC with a Pro card in my small office :) . So if your money goes only in one machine think carefully and act....Nutty:twisted:

@ Rui_Padinha.... thanks man..what more ...bubbles !:scream:

@ Lemog ....Crazy Frencie ...i can imagine the squirrels all over u ... JamesMK , flyingP ...send him your squirrels too...:scream: ....Nut!

flyingP
11-23-2004, 11:55 AM
JamesMK , flyingP ...send him your squirrels too...:scream: ....Nut!

sorry ours are on a secret mission and I can't tell you what it is because it is....er....secret :argh:

Sercox
11-23-2004, 12:08 PM
:eek: Wow!
Really love to see the finished image here. But it`s even more fun/great to see
the WIP`s. All the details and so on.

Go for the grand prize :thumbsup:

-Robert

Sercox
11-23-2004, 12:09 PM
:eek: Wow!
Can't wait to see the final image here. But it`s even more fun/great to see
the WIP`s. All the details and so on. Very very inspiring

Go for the grand prize, dude! :thumbsup:

-Robert

Lelantos
11-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Man you really have some crazy stuff here i love you work great ships

I want more more more. :scream:

jddog
11-23-2004, 02:08 PM
ha... just... ahhhhh then :eek:

jdd

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 02:32 PM
sorry ours are on a secret mission and I can't tell you what it is because it is....er....secret :argh:

...er..ok...er..i will send just mine...:argh: :scream:

@ Sercox ... :blush: ..thanks man!

@ Lelantos ...it's coming friend..:)

@ jddog ... eh...er...ahh...and then ughhhhh...aaa..err...let me think ...DANKE friend :scream:

...i have some more squirrels to deploy to some bubble nut artist and i will get back to you.

Alladin
11-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Cool modeling!!!:)
How about HDRI ???

assafk
11-23-2004, 02:56 PM
WoW Dude!!! :eek: Im sucked into the Dimitris's dimention! :scream: save me! :argh:

flyingP
11-23-2004, 04:24 PM
@ Piggy and Wabbit Co ... boy do i u have a surprise for u two bubbles and the crazy Frenchie Lemog soon ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

well?..... :shrug:

greentek
11-23-2004, 04:32 PM
scream:

i dunno how i missed this?!?!

:scream::scream: .........LMAO.................:scream::scream::scream:

To the Bright Future on the Iron Horse !!!

great!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 04:34 PM
@ flyingP Give it some time .... :bounce: ...memory has been dispatched ..har har

..GUYS...thanks for the kind words ..i really hope the outcome in my wip will not dissapoint u :wip:

YasushAzush
11-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Dramatic , i have never seen such gun like that, you did it ;):thumbsup:

uwil
11-23-2004, 07:17 PM
whoAA! cool gun Dimi,:thumbsup:... as Golden Boy always says "ooooh! very educational"!:buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 07:42 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101242532_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101242532_large.jpg)

...here is the Gun...i hope u like it ...i think i will not give more time to it since it's not the most interesting part but just helps the story telling in my final image....
How this is attached to the Merc's hand will soon be visible when texturing and posing proccess will start...

Comments and crits are welcomed

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 07:46 PM
@ greentek...lol...i am happy u like it..it was done in an older challenge "Living TOON Challenge" and actually this was my first real character...lol...man i can see about one thousand mistakes...lol

@ visualact.com ..thank u friend ...your good word is always happy to read :)

@ uwil...thank u friend

...i have now the Final model to make...which is also important as the Grana Merc...

i 'll post soon wips

JamesMK
11-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Nifty gun, and a rather original construction as well - it seems like once you've managed to grab it and start shooting rabidly, there's no way you could actually put it down again... technically speaking... name suggestion: the entangler :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 07:55 PM
THE ENTAGLER it is then :bounce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

patina
11-23-2004, 10:39 PM
To DimitrisLiatsos (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?u=1718) vbmenu_register("postmenu_1755948", true);
Lord of BUBBLES

That is pretty cool work you have a lot of work done, reminds me how much I have yet to do
cant wait to see the texture.........

Patina

http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/grandspaceopera/view_entries.php?challenger=5288

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks Paul :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-23-2004, 10:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101254162_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101254162_large.jpg)

...i start now the final and my most -want to make cool - part of this project....i hope u like it when it will finish...not much to see yet..but i am posting the beginning...this will go only for the basic stage of shape through Maya ..and then to ZBrush for the face ..and more...

Lemog
11-23-2004, 11:01 PM
an another one :buttrock:

I want to thank you for the gun wire... and what I see... an another head... you're stronger than.... I don't know what... you're stronger... point :wise:

terraarc
11-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Dimitris you never stop man!:eek:
Waiting for more of the new guy AND the pose of the Merc holding "The entagler" :) that we were promised

Cheers

Xtronik
11-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Looking forward check out your new character guy Dim....
Excellent work so far.

DimitrisLiatsos
11-24-2004, 07:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101327183_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101327183_large.jpg)

...progress so far.....i think if u don't have stronge observations so far i will tranfer the model to ZBrush2 for details and more refine on shape of the face ...the funny part is that mostly his nose-lips area and some of the chin will be visible ...but anyway i wll do it all.(forgive my Engrish)

flyingP
11-24-2004, 07:35 PM
...the funny part is that mostly his nose-lips area and some of the chin will be visible

he's a Wookie ??

DimitrisLiatsos
11-24-2004, 07:40 PM
he's a Wookie ??

....lol...nop ..er...hahahaahh..wookie...He will wear a (cool ...i think) helmet.

..wookie...hahahah...pig! :scream:

rattlesnake
11-24-2004, 07:44 PM
wohooo!!..more character modeling!!...great my friend...i get my popcorns too see this one !!

your base modeling is very good...very clean...this will be great!!:bounce:

adr
11-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Looking great Dimitris , we want more updates:thumbsup:

Keep rockin

DimitrisLiatsos
11-24-2004, 08:19 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101331149_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101331149_large.jpg)

...more progress...i cut half of prev head post...turned that in SubD...did more refinements in Lips and eye and eyebrows and little nose area...turned that in 1st degree poly back again ..mirror it and attached it again....

Is he better now?....my wife says maybe he needs a little more dynamic nose...heheh...

comments and crits are welcomed.

DimitrisLiatsos
11-24-2004, 08:23 PM
@ rattlesnake, adr ...hey ..thanks very much guys for the support :bounce: ...i am planning to make more adjustments on him tonight after some feedback ....just to be more sure of what i am doing..

greentek
11-24-2004, 09:02 PM
hi Dimitris..
your model is great as always.. :thumbsup:
but let me ask you something.. how are you going to texture so ultra huge amount so complex objects within this relatively short period of time untill deadline?
for me it looks simply unreal!!!

i'm asking because i'm pretty sure your confident you will.. but how?
my scene comparing to your is very basic and toy-like but i'm worring how to get it ready in time.. would be great to get some tips in workflow that help you to work so efficiently.. sure if they're not a know-how secret.. :)

your simply magic my friend!!!
congrats and deep respect! ................:arteest:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-24-2004, 09:28 PM
@ greentek ....Hi..thanks friend...well basically if u notice (althouh not always visible)...most of my models have 2 or more shades of grey in them. There basically areas with the thought of different material to be there..also all different shader areas are stored in selection sets along with the models scene...every grey part is already with uv maps assinged (right after modeling done)...mostly projections...(planar , cylindrical mainly and some unwrapped uv maps in UV editor in Maya or if the model was was done XSI ...then ..er..in XSI's UV editor( which really i like i must say)...everything else will be done in the shading stage...and basicaly ...i think i can work a little bit faster than modeling when i come to texturing for a an image render :)

...hope that helps...

EDIT:..where allthis will take more time will be with lights and volumetric effects and stuff...that will be a little pain in the butt :scream:

Climax
11-24-2004, 09:30 PM
• Topology of meshes looking good, Dimitris, I prefer working with less polys as i can, but that is a matter of styles, Very good work so far, now coming into organic models :thumbsup:

• This challenge will definitly ROCK at the end!!

greentek
11-24-2004, 10:45 PM
thank you for explanation Dimitris!
yeah.. i've noticed different shades of grey and even some yellowish.. and i understant that they should be different material ID's and mappings.. i'm doing exactly in the same way..
but in any way i'm amazed by amount of tasks your able to handle simultaneously and most important by efficiency of your working process!!!
great my fried!!! :thumbsup:
the best of luck in your great efforts and cheers!!! :beer:

rattlesnake
11-24-2004, 11:25 PM
hi Dimi...i think that the nose can be a bi wider...all of it...i think the rest of the head is ok....
and maybe u can pull out a bit the muscles that are on the sides of the nose next to the eyes...i dont know its name...but hope i explained fine....i belive is going to be great at the end...cos i know your quality!!

userBrian
11-25-2004, 02:15 AM
I like that rifle, very pro looking for the battlefield,
but don't you need a potato clip? I know what a bannana
clip looks like but I have never seen a potato clip and
was looking forward to seeing it. OK maybe he just
hasn't attached the clip. Great gun.

my 3D entry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=179803)

Scrat-D
11-25-2004, 06:40 AM
Apsogo kai i miti mia xara einai! I have been watching all the things that you have done here in cg talk and I am sure that you will do great in this contest!Keep up Dimitri and I am sure that in the end your idea will impress everyone!

terraarc
11-25-2004, 08:10 AM
GO!GO!GO! Mighty and unstopable! :bounce::bounce:

Waiting for the z-brushed...

Nazirull
11-25-2004, 08:37 AM
I dont really understand this.

Dimitri my friend....since youre poly-dividing every model you make....where does the principle of LOD as the distance increase go? :wise:

Or is it my mighty ingorance on you composition that shooting myself on the foot now?:D

Thanks for the advice on the Dual systems, friend! I am considering both in the mean time for 2 different softwares.

JamesMK
11-25-2004, 09:36 AM
The royal guard looks really good now :thumbsup: Have to agree that your wife has a point about the nose though. It could use a little extra 'schwung' somehow...

tlggungor
11-25-2004, 09:49 AM
hi BE QU?CK
2 months left :banghead: :cry:

Lelantos
11-25-2004, 10:20 AM
nice flow on the model Dimitris cant wait to see the details you will put in Zbrush

DimitrisLiatsos
11-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi guys thanks for the observations and yes as JamesMK says (thanks man!) ..the nose needed work...

The funny thing is that i have made a lot of adjustments and some works on the nose and added a lot of detail in the head in Zbrush 2 but i can't upload anything 'cuase the the Challenge server seems to have problem :shrug:

So until they fix this ..i can't do anything...i have to finish this guy (Isbur Royal Guard ) until Sunday or Monday night ...So i can start posting Textured models wips and explosions from next week.....:banghead: :banghead: :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-25-2004, 11:13 AM
I dont really understand this.

Dimitri my friend....since youre poly-dividing every model you make....where does the principle of LOD as the distance increase go? :wise:

Or is it my mighty ingorance on you composition that shooting myself on the foot now?:D
Hi friend...no no your question is very logical..but basically i am NOT making all these models just to be in a pic...i will want to use elsewere also later...(maybe a short film of the battle ..perhaps!)

Also it's helping me a lot to try to think as much as possible every model as if it was the center of interest in this...better exercise for me in modeling ..u see....what i will just do is that in final post what is far or not well seen will be in the low rez..and everything visible and of course close will be smoothed in the needed degree...after all in a compositionm like this u can use as many layers u want ..so even if i was nuts ..i could render in it's position every model alone in high rez and the composite the final image..so there is no problem for the scene to be heavy :) ..hope that helps.

Imagine that my concept drawing is basically old models and pics ...gathered in photoshop and composited....that's it....no heavy rocket science in there...:)

Rui_Padinha
11-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi Dimitri!

Your model sure is coming along real nice, however, I feel that you still have some problematic areas on your head geometry. Namely the cheecks\chin transition, temple area and top of head\forehead...

While not serious, these can have a nasty effect when you start giving it expression...

I have been modelling characters for a while now, and I find this tutorial really useful:
http://mr2k.3dvf.net/tutorials/max/tutorials_joan.htm. It's a female character, but you can easily apply the topology scheme to other types of heads...

It's from a fellow competitor actually :) , but it's still one of the best tuts out there on this subject imho...

Take care and good luck :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-25-2004, 12:06 PM
thanks friend ..that is really a good tut:thumbsup:

superlayer
11-25-2004, 12:25 PM
I dont have time for this competition myself although I did do a few days work at the beginning but your contribution blows me away.
its awesome and I am very impressed by the amount of work you are getting done.
Its really exciting to follow your progress. Cool gun btw.

Keep it up.

Nazirull
11-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Rui! I am definitely putting that site into my cg toolbox in character modelling! excellent! thanks!!:thumbsup:

ThANKS for the explaination dimitri fren!! Im still waiting for them to fix the prob with the server.

Borro
11-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Now thats a bad arse gun lol. Add some plasma grids or something like that and it should be perefect :)

DimitrisLiatsos
11-25-2004, 10:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101425649_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101425649_large.jpg)

...More progress on Isbur Royal Guard...fixed many things here and there ...added the details that i thought it would be nice ..er..to be there ..and fixed a bit the nose...

More to come tonight...

adr
11-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Nothing to crit right now Dimitris , i can see that you tweak the nose , its better now .

Keep rockin friend :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-25-2004, 10:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101425987_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101425987_large.jpg)

...oh ..and this is how it looked in Zbrush after adjustments...hope u like it....when it went to Maya ..i just tweaked a little more the nose...

DimitrisLiatsos
11-25-2004, 10:55 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101426910_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101426910_large.jpg)

..His helmet progress...i hope the diagram is understandable...

Comments and crits are welcomed of 'course.

Eagle_e7
11-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Wow very nice, can't wait to see this one finished. :)

Aethyrprime
11-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Very nice so far. I like the idea, reminds me of Lexx in the last rung of the light dimension if I remeber correctly. There was a planet of fire/technology and one of water/nature. Then everything went pop. Thank god for a second more sinister dimension or the show woulda been cancelled, the dark one...

Anyway, good work on modeling and details. Can't wait to see the final.

fasttam
11-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Sikose to
to gamimeno
den mporo
den mporo
na perimeno

Amazing work!!

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Sikose to
to gamimeno
den mporo
den mporo
na perimeno

Amazing work!!

XAXAXAXXA...pou eise re file! hahaha thanks man... :bounce:

@ ||) |V| |^| ...man..thanks..your work on ships is amazing :thumbsup:

@ Eagle_e7 ..thanks man..impressed by your monk guy....really good stuff there.

Nazirull
11-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Great progress Dimitri...as always...
Mind if i ask....wuts ZBrush for? Izzit for texturing? Izzit like Deep Paint?:bounce: From wut i see the ZBrush version of your mesh is rather smoothed. How does it help you?

pBarrelas
11-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Very nice WIP Dimitris!! Let me say that this is my first challenge and i'm really enjoying it because i see so many talents here, like you, and we are all trading ideas and always giving support!!Keep on dude!!:thumbsup:

terraarc
11-26-2004, 06:33 AM
The head is looking great, especially the side view! :thumbsup:
Also enjoyed watching the helmet progress image... :bounce:

Are we allowed chanting in our native language?

"Sikwse to..." :bounce::bounce:

Waiting for more!

JamesMK
11-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Cool start on the helmet there... it's like a future update of an old Iron Age design somehow... Go bubble it :thumbsup:

Versiden
11-26-2004, 09:22 AM
head is looking good, I think the outer corner of the eye needs a bit of tweaking tho..
other than that - good to go..

helmet looks promising... good work as always

Squibbit
11-26-2004, 10:05 AM
that helmet design development pic is gréat ! thánk you !

í wórshíp ú tóó a bit now !

:bowdown:
' ?

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 11:20 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101471599_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101471599_large.jpg)

..just experimentig with the helmet...not really sure yet....but hereis were i am now....

avatar took vacations for today...new one found a chance to appear....:)

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 11:37 AM
@ maranello55...ZBrush is for both..can't do without it now that i use it...Check the Zbrush forum or ZBrush Central to find everything about it...it's so much that i can't possibly explain it hear :) ...forgive me ... ( U can also check Pixologic.com ..their website).

@ pBarrelas, terraarc :) ..thanks guys

@ JamesMK ... Fluf order received :bounce: :scream:

@ Versiden ..Thanks man...gonna check the eyes again..

@ Squibbit ...i am glad it has some use for ya....i am playing with a clean poly cage coming out of that nurbs surface ...but maybe i go back in that if my current model doesn't go where i want it to...er...go...:)

terraarc
11-26-2004, 11:40 AM
The helmet works fine to me! :thumbsup: I imagine some scene with him screaming for back up with his helmet half broken! (What am I saying? You just completed this helmet and I imagine it broken? :banghead: )

The new avatar looks scary! Brrrr.. It's not your night mutation? or your after all-night mutation? :D

"Send Back up!"
More please....

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 11:45 AM
....The helmet works fine to me! :thumbsup: I imagine some scene with him screaming for back up with his helmet half broken! (What am I saying? You just completed this helmet and I imagine it broken? :banghead: )....
Actually u are right ...that is what i am aiming for..i don't know yet if i succed but u are on the spot on this...:eek:

Virtuoso
11-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey stranger......Long time no see......;)

......I like your latest character developments,looks like you are really getting into Z-Brush......It's the "Hot" thing these days......I still have not gotten onto the band-wagon.....I always sail on my own seas it seems......I'll have to sail and stop over into Z-Brush port soon.......:cool:

Well you are going very well Dimi......Keep it going as you are......It's quite the theme,and no easy task,but you are getting it done in grand fashion.....:arteest: :beer:

Lelantos
11-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Great helmet on this charachter.

cant wait to see the pose of this charachter:thumbsup:

SUN
11-26-2004, 12:10 PM
:thumbsup: The helmet looks grate to me (Like MARVEL comic):thumbsup:
more more more...

JamesMK
11-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Hmm... that new guy in the lower right corner made me jump :D Quite unexpected :scream:

The helmet, the helmet... It's initially cool, but I think it is too close to the actual head shape if you follow me... would perhaps look even cooler if you fleshed it out a bit somehow... it works really well from the chin and up to the height of the ears approximately, but above that it needs some extra volume... IMHO as always of course

Lemog
11-26-2004, 01:04 PM
avatar took vacations for today...new one found a chance to appear....:)If you want... you can replace it but this one... my dear potatoHead... :D

...the beer is a very special memory with James at the time of the preceding challenge :wise:

http://lemog.free.fr/GSO/bonus/potatoHead.jpg

And then... good appetit :thumbsup:

JamesMK
11-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Mwaahaa! The resemblance is stunning, and I'm sure he's going to need a bunch of those beers after finding this, Laurent :applause:

YasushAzush
11-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi dimit
great prosess:thumbsup:
but that the side hole is not needed ,chanege that please:cry:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Lemog...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah:scream: .....nut NUT hahaha

JamesMK.....like the new avatar ...now bring your daughter's avatat wabbit back :scream:

visualact.com....i 'll think about it...but i suggest ..wait till u see this textured:)

Sun, Lalantos...xaire patrida:bounce:

Virtuoso...hoi...hoi? ...er... i mean hey friend ...thanks for the kind words..waiting your updates:bounce: Michael

@ Lemog again ...bastard :scream: :thumbsup: :scream:

flyingP
11-26-2004, 02:23 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH :scream: :scream: :scream: .......................FOSTERS :argh:

keetmun
11-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Nice helmet! Very stylish. The neck looks rather thick though. Is it meant to be that way?

nice potato head as well! :scream:

Cheers good sir!
:buttrock:

Lemog
11-26-2004, 02:51 PM
@ Lemog again ...bastard :scream: :thumbsup: :scream:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... I know that :shrug:

Squibbit
11-26-2004, 03:25 PM
hahahaaa!! good one , lemog !!

hmm JamesMK , your new avatar looks suspiciously similar to Yasser's (visualact) , hehe

Nazirull
11-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Thanks on ZBrush fren...since you cant go out w/out it i guess i better be checking this out already. Thanks again fren!!:thumbsup:

Man...wut a progress.....Cant wait to see how that 3d potato head ends up in the final battle scene!! Better put some helmet up for him...or his head gonna be vaporize by one of the Royal Guards' vaporizor!:eek:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 05:43 PM
http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/commandobubble.jpg

this is it ..i am sending the special units to clear this matter :scream: :scream:

adr
11-26-2004, 06:00 PM
hehe looks so funny man hehe

pBarrelas
11-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Nooooooo not those guyssss!! HAAAAaaaaaaa!!:argh: :argh: :argh:

heh heh heh

SUN
11-26-2004, 06:23 PM
:eek: WOW FANTASTIC Royal Guard:eek:
Very ROYAL

ace4016
11-26-2004, 06:29 PM
haha, dangerous looking royal gaurd, and i thought the grana merc looked mean. Now i know how they hold that gun now.

Virtuoso
11-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Virtuoso...hoi...hoi? ...er... i mean hey friend ...thanks for the kind words..waiting your updates:bounce: Michael

Hi Dimi..........well while you are waiting for that update you can go check out my latest one.........You seem to have missed that one......;) ............When you get a chance,check it out.....................

Ok I'll be seeing you,continue on here,I'll be looking for more here as well.......Lots to do for this Space opera....Huh?:arteest:

Lemog
11-26-2004, 08:41 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaa... incredible look for the potato man... for the next joke... now, I must add this new equipment to the potatoe... :scream:

flyingP
11-26-2004, 08:55 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Squibbit
11-26-2004, 09:02 PM
dude, u look like lars ulrich in that one !!

rattlesnake
11-26-2004, 09:44 PM
oh my thas NUTS...but looks very nice...:scream:...i was wondering where did your avatar came from...now i see

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 11:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101514945_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101514945_large.jpg)

Helmet of guard

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 11:23 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101515021_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101515021_large.jpg)

Helmet of guard more

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 11:26 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101515212_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101515212_large.jpg)

Last one...
I listened to JamesMK about the volume of Helmet..although not 100 % 'cuase some elements will fill the back of it from parts of his armour (suite)..so i am leaving some free space over there...
thanks for all the comments and help so far...i hope u like this one .. :)

DimitrisLiatsos
11-26-2004, 11:40 PM
@ adr, pBarrelas, SUN :bounce: ..hahaha i thought u would like to see the troopers going for a killing spree...hahahah

@ ace4016 :) yup that's is basically the way he holds the bubble Potatoe Launcher :scream: A.K.A ...THE ENTANGLER

@ Virtuoso ...man..u are really going on crazy texturing on your thread...weeeee :thumbsup:

@ Lemog :scream: ...aha..so the war continues...c'mon...but who ever drops down first buys the Beers :beer: :wavey:

@ flyingP :bowdown: :bowdown:

@ Squibbit ...hahahahahaha...thanks, hahahaah

@ rattlesnake ...u see ...the forces around Europe have joined against me...from bubbles ..i went to potatoes... :scream:

pBarrelas
11-27-2004, 02:18 AM
Very nice renderings with HDR images!! The helmet design is pretty cool Dimitris!!

I'm really liking the way your WIP is coming along!! Rock on!!:bounce:

rattlesnake
11-27-2004, 02:33 AM
hey dimi that guard is looking great!!! ...man u have skillz

greentek
11-27-2004, 03:13 AM
great modeling as always Dimitris! :thumbsup:
this guy in helmet greatly reminds me a football player :D
and i love reflection on the helmet!
really great work my friend but i'm curious when you're going to stop modeling :D
keep it up and cheers.. :beer:

YasushAzush
11-27-2004, 03:37 AM
i gave up men gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave up:bounce: :eek: :scream: :thumbsup:

fkcsantaclaus
11-27-2004, 07:57 AM
two thumbs up! man.........u are awesome!:bounce: please keep your way, i'm your fans now.

overcontrast
11-27-2004, 12:09 PM
hey great models man... i like ur head model with the helmet... i'm no way near to crit ur work but seems like there is some problem near the notch of the helmet... it cud b only me though... but over all great work... keep goin Mr.Liatsos :thumbsup:

Nazirull
11-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Thats a wicked....wicked looking potatoes there Dimitri....You took my advice to take on the new helmet in the way to Isdur...good...hehhehe:scream: :thumbsup:

Great progress man...! HDRI it seems!??

stefgrafx
11-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Great job, and good design for the helmet... wait to see it textured... sometime you sleep man? ;)

Aethyrprime
11-27-2004, 04:43 PM
great work. I love the surface texturing and the modeling is incredible as well. Great work my friend.

Climax
11-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Dimitris, you are really making me think in leaving this Challenge! :scream: Outstanding Updates!!
C'mon Dim, why did you took your Space Opera Link out of your signature??, And what about your old avatar? :argh: Also the wabbit changed his own!

Ok pal! keep the hard Work!! c ya

DimitrisLiatsos
11-27-2004, 07:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101585642_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101585642_large.jpg)

...progress do far on him...The Body shape will help me make better his suit....The only visible part for the upper body(details) will be from Deltoid Muscle down to the end of Bicep(hope this is the correct word in English)...

I will post more updates late tonight ..see you then.. :)

Squibbit
11-27-2004, 07:25 PM
one point.. if the helmet is supposed to be a protective device, as usual,
shouldn't there be some padding on the inside , and therefore , shouldn't the
helmet be a bit larger ?

DimitrisLiatsos
11-27-2004, 07:37 PM
one point.. if the helmet is supposed to be a protective device, as usual,
shouldn't there be some padding on the inside , and therefore , shouldn't the
helmet be a bit larger ?

:thumbsup: U do have a point ...also JamesMK pointed this out ....from what i see i will make this soon 'cuase it looks a little wierd without it (..er ..small)... My first purpose was to achieve a specific style...and i think forgot to make some things more believable..lol ..thanks:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-27-2004, 10:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101597207_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101597207_large.jpg)

...ok...u were right and therefore....padding inside Helmet..so Bigger Helmet...thanks guys for the observation and push...i am gratefull ... :)

flyingP
11-27-2004, 10:24 PM
that does indeed look better :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-27-2004, 10:26 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :love: ...thanks piggy...now i could use one of Lemog's beers...

Virtuoso
11-27-2004, 10:27 PM
that does indeed look better :thumbsup:
...................I agree......here I'll give you a second thumbs up for it to go with brian's......:thumbsup:

flyingP
11-27-2004, 10:28 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :love: ...thanks piggy...now i could use one of Lemog's beers...

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

JamesMK
11-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Dammit, that's looking VEEEERY solid now, Dimi :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deadlyforce
11-28-2004, 12:39 AM
These are truly nice "Judge-Dredd-the-Movie" style helmets !
The design is ok to me though.
The volume seems ok too.

The only thing that bothers me a little is not about the helmet, it's the nostrils of the guard. There is a strange "pinch" where it joins the upper lips. I don't know what size the guy will be but I imagine that this detail may not be so important.

Now another question is : how many computers do you have to handle all those polys ?:D
(...by the way I should ask myself the question too...:surprised)

Anyway, great work so far ! I'm waiting the whole guard !

Squibbit
11-28-2004, 01:27 AM
didn't mean u gotta do a supercool edit but of course u did :rolleyes: ...

Xtronik
11-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Propably one of your best works Jim!
U keep on suprising me.... :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-28-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm on the floor... One day without comin and I discover your insane work... Dimi... as you know... I hate you... and for sure, I want to see more and more and more and more and more of your incredible work... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (I can't put more of 5... it's the Max... more it's only for the gods... but maybe you're not human... :twisted: )

Then... incredible helmet :applause:

greentek
11-28-2004, 09:03 AM
i won't say anything about helmet Dimitris cos it's one more excellent stuff from you as always.. but guy! it's fantastic! :thumbsup: it looks alive and with strong personality! :eek:
very expressive character my friend! very expressive!:thumbsup:
keep top notch stuff up mate and cheers.. :beer:

lukep
11-28-2004, 10:05 AM
very nice progress on the guard. the padding really enhance the helmet. cant wait it is finished.

Now, that's barely a critic and you seem to have a strong idea about your composition, but dont you fear to go too far in details ? there is already an insane amount of objects in this scene, and even if they are on foreground, wont the guard and merk be very small ?

BrettHolton
11-28-2004, 12:49 PM
looks like the future oakley design, what with mp3 player and sunglasses in one.

lets throw a helmet in to protect the head while were at it!

heh man this is just crazy i love it

aLxDesigns
11-28-2004, 03:04 PM
I love the helmet and all the stuff you did so far!!!
Great job on the design of the "ski" boots...lol...but they do fit the "alien" race if they are some kind of peace loving warriors that do not believe in NOT being comfortable in a body armor...I mean like plated armor or any other hardened armor that might be uncomfortable.

Those are my 2 cents

A.M

Nazirull
11-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Nice one Dimi. I dont hafta say 'keep it up' anymore coz ure sure gonna!
:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-28-2004, 05:48 PM
@ JamesMK ....thanks man..i am glad u like it, i am feeling better 'cuase i must say i trust your razor sharp eyes :thumbsup: ...now change back to your old avatar 'cuase if u don't ..i won't either :scream:

@ Deadly Force ...thanks man...about nose...oops u right ..i have made a doodle there :scream: ..will fix it , thanks man

@ Squibbit ...man thanks , if i always had suggestions like yours guys i would be better to my KUNG FU years ago...thanks friend

@ Xtronik :love: :p ...u should be in this man!

@ Lemog ...Thanks man... The Potatoe...er bubble army is coming to your place....'cuase i hate u too!! :scream: ....by the way with those beers in your image ..i am drinking beer like crazy 2 days now...lol

@ greentek ...thanks man :beer:

@ lukep ...thanks friend. Don't worry friend ..the characters will big enough , also i must say that i am making these models not only for the final image...i think i will have more use of them soon after the challenge...so i need them to be detailed as much as possible. :twisted:

@ Mathiu ...lol

@ Burning_Frust ...lol...ii wish i could more with his armour man...maybe in the future after the challenge...but i hope that the texturing will help his armor look more nasty and warrior like (Grana Merc)...

@ maranello55 ...thanks man...i intend to finish this guy (Isbur Royal Guard) in this week and start Texturing and explosion maybe from Friday...so much to do still :banghead: :wip:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-28-2004, 05:58 PM
uselless Post ....I DECLARE AVATAR CRISES UNTIL THE WABBIT GOES TO HIS OLD AVATAR :bounce:

SUN
11-28-2004, 06:01 PM
993 (:) 7 more:) )
Greate avatar:)

DimitrisLiatsos
11-28-2004, 07:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101674375_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101674375_large.jpg)

...upper armor modeling...i will try to end this tonight...Here i just try to show where the cuts of the different areas of the suit will be....

flyingP
11-28-2004, 07:44 PM
uselless Post ....I DECLARE AVATAR CRISES UNTIL THE WABBIT GOES TO HIS OLD AVATAR :bounce:

just don't pose for any more Fluffian photo's, that'll get him :D
just winding you up for a fragging session :p

Nice update Dimitris :thumbsup:

JamesMK
11-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Looking good... cut cut cut... chop chop!

Lemog
11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
What can I say ?

mmmmh... your mesh is beautiful... and the choice of the gray color is awesome... your a real artist Dim...

:scream: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Lemog
11-28-2004, 08:54 PM
I know.... I know... my friend... you hate me... but I'm a poor alone squirrel :love:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-28-2004, 11:15 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101687349_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/3794/3794_1101687349_large.jpg)

Modeling so far on the guy...i hope u like it...

Comments and Crits are always welcomed

DimitrisLiatsos
11-28-2004, 11:47 PM
@ flyingP ..thanks man :) ...i am still searching for my scariest picture..hehehe

@ JamesMK :bounce: ;)

@ Lemog ...bubble Nut ...you are not alone ..U are here with Bubble nut potatoes...PIGS :scream: ...and fluffy wabbits ..what more can u ask from your life....except a Beautiful woman..a nice car ...a kick a$$ PC...a huge bank account...and a Castle in Austria ? :scream: :scream:

EDIT: ...but the again..with just a piece of mind u would be better from all the rest :scream: ....Hate u little Lemogeeee thing!...naaaahhhh i likeu...oops ..i lost my marbles again.. :scream: