View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

DimitrisLiatsos
01-18-2005, 04:15 PM
..................:argh::argh::argh:................mmppfffmmmmppmmm:argh:

flyingP
01-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Mwaaahaaahaaa!

...Dimitris.... oh.... you never call me on my birthday anymore, dad, why is that?

Wahahahahaha you too :D

SnakeFarlow
01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
hi dimitris, I want to congratulate you, I have seen all the final images and I think that you should win this contest, your image is the best for me. I hope that with some practice and a lot of effort I could modelate like you. Good luck.

flyingP
01-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I hope that with some practice and a lot of effort I could modelate like you.

no one can do "that" like Dimitris (sorry I just couldn't resist) :D

flaeticia
01-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Sorry Guys...:eek: flaeticia ... please tell me that it's not u in your avatar...Cuase if it's u i am getting right now in a plane for France......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...MAMA!...errh ...sorry...
i got carried away....but ....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:bounce:

This is NUT :bounce:

i've just to say ... yes ... it's me :scream:

i am getting right now in a plane for France

Don't spend money for me hahaha
Probably Lemog would await you on the outlet side of the plane to recall you to the order: hey think of your wife, Maria ! hahahaha :applause:

shiela_G
01-18-2005, 07:06 PM
great and nice final! what's next movie? good luck Dimi!

DimitrisLiatsos
01-18-2005, 07:24 PM
ooopps...sorry ..didn't mean anything bad with that comment...just a compliment :blush::blush::blush:

flyingP
01-18-2005, 07:25 PM
It's not me ...it's my Mediterannean spirit that speaks now...:D...i can't help it..

forget this one? :rolleyes:

:D :twisted: :twisted:

aLxDesigns
01-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey Dimi dont ignore me!!! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/twisted.gifhttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/twisted.gif

Anyhoo I have watched your final image for 15 mins and I started to see it in a different way! As I said in the last comment (that you probebly missed/ignored http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif) I saw a blank image with lots of "holes". Now I see a captured moment in time that is called "The silence before the storm". I see the soldier putting down that ugly moma'ma'bitch that probebly started the attack. It's almost like an Alexander the great battles...troops gathering and getting into formation, archers getting ready to fire the first shot, a second wave gets ready in the back, you know...WAR!
But every war starts with a silent moment. The final moment.

GOOD LUCK

**man I talk too much... \=**

A.M

ace4016
01-18-2005, 09:02 PM
I see all the lost hours of sleep in this 3.5 month period has made everyone act nutso:argh: .

DimitrisLiatsos
01-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey Dimi dont ignore me!!! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/twisted.gifhttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/twisted.gif

Anyhoo I have watched your final image for 15 mins and I started to see it in a different way! As I said in the last comment (that you probebly missed/ignored http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif) I saw a blank image with lots of "holes". Now I see a captured moment in time that is called "The silence before the storm". I see the soldier putting down that ugly moma'ma'bitch that probebly started the attack. It's almost like an Alexander the great battles...troops gathering and getting into formation, archers getting ready to fire the first shot, a second wave gets ready in the back, you know...WAR!
But every war starts with a silent moment. The final moment.

GOOD LUCK

**man I talk too much... \=**

A.M

....hahahah...no man...i never ignore any answer or comment, i read them all.... thanks for you comments...i just really need to relax from thinking this image a bit and also sometimes i tend to forget to answer to everybody (sorry about that ..not intented )....and i am not so good in keyboard clicks u know...also my English sucks big time...lol.....thanks for you comments man...i agree that maybe i could fix some areas on the image but i hope u will feel different when u see my small animation with all these models and some more...(hehehe) ..in it....I am also happy that it gave u all these impressions after watching it for some time...that means that i i did at least something right.....

cheers,

Dimitris

Aethyrprime
01-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Great job on finishing this Dimi, that is some fantastic details you have there. I would have to say you have way more ground troops than I... ;) Can you post up a 1280 size image by anychance.. I want a copy for my desktop image, but this one stretches to much. Anyway, thanks for all the support throught the challenge and gl with the judging (as if you needed any..) till next time, keep at it!

aLxDesigns
01-19-2005, 05:27 AM
....I am also happy that it gave u all these impressions after watching it for some time...that means that i i did at least something right.....
Dimitris

sure did...and dont worry about your english..it's quite good :)

I saw a couple of days ago a post that said something with UT2k4...did i see right?
cant wait to see the animation!! how long will it be?

Sharga
01-19-2005, 05:49 AM
Whoa! I found a new wallpaper for my desktop. This is undoubtedly one of my favorites. The lighting kicks arse and the models make me want to cry (in a good way of course). Incredible.

DimitrisLiatsos
01-19-2005, 07:48 AM
@ ||) |V| |^| ...thanks my friend..about wallpaper ..here is a 1600x1200 BOMBASTIC VERSION... (http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/gso/gsowlp01.jpg) ...just resize it to any screen res u want :)

@ Burning_Frust,Sharga ....thanks guys....animation i will start working on at the end of January or middle of February i think :bounce:

cheers

arturro
01-19-2005, 07:51 AM
my desktop thanks you very much for a new clothing:)

jddog
01-19-2005, 08:31 AM
i've just to say ... yes ... it's me :scream:

Marseille... La PLANETE MARS... où? Aixe en Provence... non ? wow j'arrive tout de suite la.... :bounce: (haa... ça me rapelle Massilia Sound sitème et IAM...)
ok sorry for the OT Dimitris... but this beauty didn't come on my thread to post her so qute and nice avatar... :eek: ... hahaha :scream: laurent... tu est déjà à Marseille ??? mmm...

jdd

Kylebrn
01-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Well it turned out well.but all in all it's not too original.it's also too organised when you look at the ships in the bg.And some of the soldiers just behind the front ones are stiff and just standing there.I can barely make out any details as well.The bridge is very low level from here detail wise.At least in this shot.It did look better earlier in wip form.
Still it's got a shot at the shortlist 15.it is an overall good work.Good luck.:)

Tilstrom
01-19-2005, 09:10 AM
The final image is quality. Great work. :)

roctavian
01-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Your entire thread and your final image prove you master skills in 3d environment.
Very nice and alive image.
Congratulations Dimitris and Good Luck in the judging round!! :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
01-19-2005, 10:18 PM
@ arturro ....if u want me i can make a good pair of trousers too for your desktop :scream:(j/k) ...i am glad man!:)

@ jddog ....down boy...down !:scream: ....hahahahhaha

@ Kylebrn ....thanks

@ Tilstrom ....thanks friend

@ PROctavian ... thanks mate.

Xtronik
01-20-2005, 12:09 AM
:thumbsup: Where I vote????

artemesia66
01-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Awesome final image. Epic in both the visual you produced, and the amount of work you managed to get done for this challenge. It just reeks of the fog and confusion of war. Good luck with the judging, not that you'll need it. :applause:

glim
01-20-2005, 08:12 PM
:thumbsup: In french on dirait

ouah ca claque, je kiff grave. or best cette image est absolument merveilleuse (but they kill themself !!)

but in Englich i don't know maybe great greatissime it's the word ....:thumbsup:

Philipstudios
01-21-2005, 03:04 AM
This is one of a kind - and is very filmic.
Bravo !

adel3d
01-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Excellent work Man.
good luck!

essencedesign
01-21-2005, 02:44 PM
One Vote From Me ))) :thumbsup:

TKraccoon
01-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Congrats on making it to completion! :thumbsup:

I must say the poses and expressions on your characters really work now, and I love what you've done with the background. Impressive job combining everything for the big final :eek: Now that it's all over, what are you going to make next for all of us to comment on? :D

Samueldeni
01-21-2005, 07:02 PM
my vote is yours ..... REALLY GOOD WORK **********************************

theuni
01-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi,
just wanted to let you know that I voted for your image :bowdown:
Greate SIFI artwork you did here. Looking forward to see you on the next challange.

JamesMK
01-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Almost slipped my mind, Dimi, but you're supposed to have one of these as well as the mental frenchman:

http://web.telia.com/~u48039569/WSA.gif

:buttrock:

aLxDesigns
01-21-2005, 10:01 PM
WTF??? Voting?? But I'm underage!!!

now where did I put that fake I.D??

BTW can you finish the animation until the 25 of fab. ?
'cause it's my birthday that day... :D

and what about the UT2K4?? you playin' it?

indri
01-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi, I´m new on this crazy 3d world but I just see your job and I think is very nice, good luck on the voting!

Squibbit
01-21-2005, 10:38 PM
your pic didn't pass all inspection, though...
i think u guess what blew it ..

http://www.saunalahti.fi/panuom/lilbastardo1.jpg

flyingP
01-21-2005, 10:46 PM
:applause: :applause: evil bastard :D :D :applause:
that's a well earned promotion btw

JamesMK
01-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Oooh, fantasy style guard! That's that new anti-malware thing from Microsoft, no?

DimitrisLiatsos
01-22-2005, 01:07 AM
@ Xtronik ......Hi man, how are u ? ...:)

@ artemesia66,glim , Phillipstudios ... thank u , i am really happy u like it.

@ adel3d.....thanks man... u have excellent work done ...congrats !

@ essencedesign,Samueldeni .....thanks friends...:blush:

@ TKraccoon.... thank mate...hahahaha..well ..u will have a lot to comment in about 1-3 months when i will have the first trailer for the sort film based on the GSO theme.

@ theuni....thanks friend , i really hope to see ya too in next challenge

@ JamesMK.....hahahah :applause:..i am so happy with this Award u are giving me...soon be posted in my site..weeee...does this mean that u finally gonna go to your post office and pick that copy of UT 2k4 at last ..or are u going wait for UT2k5 update:D:D ?
Thanks my friend...trully honored!

@ Burning_Frust ..hahahaha ..i really don't know what i can have ready by then....hahah. UT2K4 ...if i play ...yeah like NUTS:)

@ indri ...thanks man:)

@ Squibbit .... hahahahha little bastardo with wings standing upside down....hahahahah...Very Nice ....thanks....:scream::scream:

@ pig, wabbit ......hahahahahha...Squirell squadron..KILL KILL KILL ...:scream:

flyingP
01-22-2005, 07:35 AM
or are u going wait for UT2k5 update:D:D ?

don't you think that is being just a little optimistic? :rolleyes:

Squibbit
01-22-2005, 02:26 PM
hey Dimi u pretty hooked to that UT, h uh ? hehe
got doom3 ? i just got it ... been playin it for a while..
everything's not ok in Mars... pretty spooky..fun too :)

DimitrisLiatsos
01-22-2005, 02:35 PM
hey Dimi u pretty hooked to that UT, h uh ? hehe
got doom3 ? i just got it ... been playin it for a while..
everything's not ok in Mars... pretty spooky..fun too :)

...hahahah...in Doom3 We can play too if u like ..it just needs to be in afast connection...

(i have finished that...been playing Doom3 , 3 days until i finished it and wanted more...lol)

:bounce: ...Halh Life 2 is crazy game too..i am pretty hooked with that too...lol
...and just yesterday i bought RIDDICK...oh mama..those graphics...Normal Mapping rocks as a technique...got to study this soon :wip:

Hey..tonight ..late Atari #1 to #6 ..search ..come ..get fragged :scream: :scream:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

flyingP
01-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey..tonight ..late Atari #1 to #6 ..search ..come ..get fragged :scream: :scream:

how late....and do you actually plan on turning up this time?? :rolleyes:

DimitrisLiatsos
01-22-2005, 02:46 PM
;) ...yup piggy ....for sure...and if u want an exact time...hmmm let me see ..i have to go to a Greek wedding tonight at 7 ....we will come to house about 12 GMT+2 ...so about 1 o 'clock after midnight i will be hooked....forget Atari #4 though...too slow... :bounce:

OK...i'll be there..i promise... :blush:

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 02:48 PM
I finally picked it up from the post office, greek!

I'll frag your ass! ...er... wait a minute, just remembered how much I suck at that game... er... like I'll try to be available for you to increase your score without running any major risk of getting shot then :buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
01-22-2005, 02:50 PM
HE FINALLY GOT TO THE POST OFFICE >>>weeeeeeee...now i will be there 1000% for sure...hahahahahahahahah.......1 o'clock GMT+2 ...i will search for u guys....

Wabbit install it and dowload the game gold pack of maps and any update needed... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

flyingP
01-22-2005, 02:53 PM
1 o'clock GMT+2
12 o'clock CET I'm assuming....damn I never can get that right :banghead:

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Wabbit's internal timezone configuration just broke down. I'll download the stuff. And I'll be looking around for you guys around 16:45 LMT (local mongolian time) :scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
01-22-2005, 02:58 PM
har har...i am getting ready..har har

http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/utarm.jpg

flyingP
01-22-2005, 03:00 PM
http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/utarm.jpg...

that is too cool....pity about the boots though :D

DimitrisLiatsos
01-22-2005, 03:03 PM
PIG...although boots here are not mine ..this is taken form Unreal site :scream:

gotsa!...hahahahah..this is not my booots ...this is not my boots....lol

flyingP
01-22-2005, 03:09 PM
PIG...although boots here are not mine ..this is taken form Unreal site :scream:

gotsa!...hahahahah..this is not my booots ...this is not my boots....lol

don't think that'll save you, actually those boots are about all we'll see of that character tonight, the rest is likely to be in bits :wise: :D

aLxDesigns
01-22-2005, 03:51 PM
man i need to get some money soon...
I HAVE to BUY ut2k4 because the illegal way has failed me yet again!

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 05:05 PM
don't think that'll save you, actually those boots are about all we'll see of that character tonight, the rest is likely to be in bits :wise: :D
Waahaaarrr :D ... but... are you sure you're not confusing him with me?

Burning_Frust - Of course you buy it. We want those hard working game artists to get their salary, now don't we?

flyingP
01-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Waahaaarrr :D ... but... are you sure you're not confusing him with me?

No, you are usually just a bloody mesh.........makes it easy to see where you've just been though :D

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 05:36 PM
No, you are usually just a bloody mesh.........makes it easy to see where you've just been though :D
My dad always used to tell me to "make my mark"... so I figured a blood mark on a wall might do the trick.

flyingP
01-22-2005, 05:37 PM
My dad always used to tell me to "make my mark"... so I figured a blood mark on a wall might do the trick. :rolleyes:

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 05:38 PM
OK, it was lame, but I'm a bit drowsy after dinner :D

flyingP
01-22-2005, 05:41 PM
OK, it was lame, but I'm a bit drowsy after dinner :D

who'd you eat this time? :curious:

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 05:44 PM
who'd you eat this time? :curious:
Think it was Llarry the llandllord.... Either that or my daughter's hamster. Not sure.

flyingP
01-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Think it was Llarry the llandllord.... Either that or my daughter's hamster. Not sure.
funny I thought people did other things with hamsters :argh: :scream: :D

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 05:49 PM
funny I thought people did other things with hamsters :argh: :scream: :D
The other thing however requires duct tape, and I was fresh out of it.

flyingP
01-22-2005, 05:52 PM
The other thing however requires duct tape, and I was fresh out of it.

so you thought you'd eat instead.....what a bastard :rolleyes:

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 05:53 PM
so you thought you'd eat instead.....what a bastard :rolleyes:
All things considered, it's actually much better for the hamster.

flyingP
01-22-2005, 05:56 PM
...valid point :)

aLxDesigns
01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
You are right James...but I dont have money to buy games... :(

so i'm forced to get them elsewhere...I dont do it with my head up though...I like to consider myself a realese tester...I play the games...and i report bugs..I also dont distribute or share my downloads...maybe I'm a leech with a good heart...

flyingP
01-22-2005, 11:10 PM
OK...i'll be there..i promise... :blush:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Liatswagon has lost a wheel what ??

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Maybe it's a flat. Or out of gas. Or couldn't find a parking space.

flyingP
01-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Or couldn't find a parking space.
considering how he seems to drive I'm not so sure parking is a problem....staying on the road would be :D

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Then he drives better than me at least. I can't recall ever having found the road in the first place....

flyingP
01-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Then he drives better than me at least. I can't recall ever having found the road in the first place....

James YOU have to find a car first :rolleyes:

JamesMK
01-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Can't find anyone I like. I keep looking for a small Fiat or maybe a Lada... something compact and easy to park.

DimitrisLiatsos
01-22-2005, 11:30 PM
considering how he seems to drive I'm not so sure parking is a problem....staying on the road would be :D

...hahahahah...U PIG...i just hit on a rock with that damn jeep once ...cuase i was watching u shooting...hahahahah....

OK ...i am going in Atari servers...starting from the first one to find you guys

flyingP
01-23-2005, 08:57 AM
http://www.bjread.joice.net/fposts/Dboom.jpg

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :bounce:

JamesMK
01-23-2005, 09:02 AM
He he he...

jsdesigns
01-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Wow what incredibly detailed work. Gets my vote!

scootermaya
01-23-2005, 01:43 PM

Excellent !

DimitrisLiatsos
01-23-2005, 02:50 PM
@ jsdesigns ... hey , thanks friend.

@ Pig, Wabbit and Scooter .... it's true unfortunately....Pig kicked my butt yesterday...but i will be prepared today.
Hey wabbit ..was it u with the name Player ? ....goto options and change that to something we can understand that it's u...i was killed twice yesterday cuase i was typing " Wabbit is that u? ":scream:

Today things will be different :twisted:...i hope...hahahahahahaahh:bounce:

aLxDesigns
01-23-2005, 02:53 PM

I see you make some modifications...:D
Good one!

OK Dimi I found my fake I.D this morning so I voted for you!
Dimitris Liatsos go for president!!!

flyingP
01-23-2005, 02:54 PM
i was killed twice yesterday cuase i was typing " Wabbit is that u? ":scream:

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I was wondering why you were standing so still :D ..........BOOM

JamesMK
01-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey wabbit ..was it u with the name Player ?
:D Nope, I was "HeadlessChicken".... er... long story :D

flyingP
01-23-2005, 02:57 PM
:D Nope, I was "HeadlessChicken".... er... long story :D
:curious:

anyway next time PLEEEEASE swap teams :banghead: :D

Edit: BTW "Player" actually got me a couple of times too :eek: wasn't as bad as he made out

DimitrisLiatsos
01-23-2005, 04:15 PM
...:scream:...i am going for one frag now in UT...:scream: (it's 6.15 ..GMT+2) ...atari servres...torlan...:love:

JamesMK
01-23-2005, 04:17 PM
anyway next time PLEEEEASE swap teams :banghead: :D
Sure, I can have my own team if that's OK with you guys :D

flyingP
01-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Sure, I can have my own team if that's OK with you guys :D

...... :hmm:

yep :thumbsup: :D

flyingP
01-23-2005, 05:32 PM
...:scream:...i am going for one frag now in UT...:scream: (it's 6.15 ..GMT+2) ...atari servres...torlan...:love:

oh I missed that....still going??

webhead
01-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Just great stuff. Really nice modeling. Love the textures on the guards uniform. How did you do it? Looks kind of like a diving suit texture to me. Definately one of my favorite entries in The GSO!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
01-23-2005, 08:16 PM
... How did you do it? Looks kind of like a diving suit texture to me....

Thanks friend, textures on Guard are mostly procedural maps in Maya and one texture which was used in different shades of Grey for the abdomen Area . That's it....ohh...all shaders have the same base shader ...a PhongE shader ...after that i just adjusted the atributes of every part of the suit accordingly the needs i had....:)

Trigonhs
01-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Great Great Work

Trigonhs
01-23-2005, 08:24 PM
wow great work

Trigonhs
01-23-2005, 08:25 PM
great art work

ace4016
01-23-2005, 09:55 PM
haha, fun times in UT. flyingp usually killed me though (but only because he kept running me over).

flyingP
01-23-2005, 10:35 PM
haha, fun times in UT. flyingp usually killed me though (but only because he kept running me over).

well if you will stand in the way :rolleyes:

:D

SnakeFarlow
01-24-2005, 03:34 AM
Hi Dimitris, I want to make some changes im my computer becouse at the final of this challenge it was very difficult to me to made the final image. I want to ask you if you don't care off course. What are the specification of your computer? or some advice you can give me to better my computer. Thanks.

DimitrisLiatsos
01-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi SnakeFarlow ...my setup is rather wierd right now....Modeling and texturing is done in a P4 (Small factor PC) which has 1Gbyte ram and a pretty descent OPENGL card (ATI FireGL X2 256t ) on....this station has Maya and XSI...Zbrush work for extra modeling and texturing is done in a MAC Dual G5 with 3 gigs of ram. and an NVIDIA 6800 ULTRA for G5 (256Mbytes )...there also all renders are done through command line to activate Maya MR rendering .....that's it .....

But basically what u need is just a station (better with 2 cpus ) , LOTS of RAM , Hard disk space to have space and a Very Good OPEN GL card Nvidia or ATI ,....your choice ...search a lot on this).....and of course an app that suites your needs....

hope i helped...

Dimitris.

Cygnus-X
01-24-2005, 03:28 PM
WOW impressive! I am juste passing by to say great job Dimitris:thumbsup: I was very busy these time but now I look to that monster chalenge and I see so much great stuff... I wish you the best for the voting my friend cya :)

Saschi0815
01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
only want to wish u good luck for votin' (with knowing u don't need it,hehe:scream: )

Really one of da best entries here, mister nutman:buttrock: wanna see it printed in the eposé series, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SnakeFarlow
01-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Holy s.....t, now i know why my computer didnt want to coperate. Thanks Dimitris but here im my contry Ecuador, its very difficult to find cpu whit 3g RAM, I can´t even reach 1g RAM, i think i will work hard this months to get one cpu from another contry.

DimitrisLiatsos
01-24-2005, 07:17 PM
@ Cygnus_X ...hey man ...how are u ? :bounce:..thanks for the kind word!

@ Saschi0815 ...:) thanks my friend ...Your GSO is my disk forever my friend..u did awesome work and very much different approoach from the most of us...:thumbsup:

@ SnakeFarlow ... hmmm ...i can understand your problem...well if in your country is a bit difficult to find a setup like this ....try through a local reseller of the big companies that make machines like this (professional workstations) . If money right now is an issue (for whom it isn't ?...) ...cuase i understand that workstations cost a lot ..then my best advice is NOT to buy piece by piece and built one ...cuase technology changes fast..so better gather the money u need and then go out there and make a new workstation....hope i helped :)

Mefisto
01-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Everybody loves your work man!!! :thumbsup: I think you will win this Challenge!!! :thumbsup:

Squibbit
01-24-2005, 11:26 PM
i protest cause the magnificient sparrow fighter got such a minor part when
it's beautiful design screams for the spotlights !

GRRR

DimitrisLiatsos
01-25-2005, 12:36 AM
@ Mefisto ..thanks friend for the kind words...really motivating :thumbsup:

@ ...little bastardo with wings..A.K.A Squibbit ...ok ..here u are ..just for ya :bounce:

http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/gso/gsowlp03.jpg

and a bubble i like to see....

http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/gso/gsowlp04.jpg

...ok now? :scream:

essencedesign
01-25-2005, 01:32 AM
Justa stopin by to say hello and say again congats on finishing,,,you had a vision...and you realized it in a tremendous way.....as if you don't have enough...here's two more.. :thumbsup: :love:

Climax
01-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Hey Dim! • I just drop by to tell u that thanks to your great work during this Challenge and all your great sense of humor, You have been awarded with my Vote :D :applause: ...you, the same as others deserve one more point to your Scores! :thumbsup:

Lemog
01-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the last picture Dim... I'm crying again... :applause:

Squibbit
01-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Lemooog !!! u stole my line !!!

:wip:
:surprised

element5
01-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Go Dimi Go, Nice to see your image all done. Looking very grand indeed my friend, goodluck to you and hope to see you in the next challenge :)

Squibbit
01-26-2005, 08:03 PM
hey dude u always play UT or u got other games
like Battlefield Vietnam ?

JamesMK
01-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Squibbly thing - I'm afraid he can't answer that because he's currently busy being dead under some opponent's tank or something...

Squibbit
01-26-2005, 08:23 PM
lol , ok , welll, I'll check the boards again after u find one of those
mighty skillfull medics that roam the cyber battlefields

flyingP
01-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Squibbly thing - I'm afraid he can't answer that because he's currently busy being dead under some opponent's tank or something...

he's good at that :D

Edit: correction, he is VERY good at that :D

taavi
01-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi Dimitris! I took a look over your previous challenge works-and the progress has been unbelievable :) U have attended 7. contests?? After next 7 contests id like to be just behind U :)
Anyway- 12 points in 10-degree scale :)

DimitrisLiatsos
01-26-2005, 10:03 PM
@ essencedesign, Climax, Lemog, element5 ...thanks guys :beer: :beer:

@ Squibbit ...Battlefield Vietnam ?...nahh...But if u want i have WOLFENSTEIN Enemy Territory installed :) :thumbsup:

@ PIG Nutty ..err..chicken avatared and Little Brown wuss...Wabbit...Nut ...

And i quote Ladies and Gentlemen

Originally Posted by JamesMK

:banghead: ......I 'll get u for that ...next time we 'll play..u'll see!

and again i quote ...

PIG said:
he's good at that

Edit: correction, he is VERY good at that

:banghead:

I 'll get u for that ...next time we 'll play..u'll see! ...TOO ... :bounce:

@ taavi ...thanks man..that's nice to hear :)

EDIT: well ..that does it ....i will finish a work i am doing tonight and tommorow morning ...and ...har har har...tommorow night at 12-12.30 after midnight ..i will be in UT (Atari servers) searching for u ... :twisted:

flyingP
01-26-2005, 10:09 PM
I 'll get u for that ...next time we 'll play..u'll see! ...TOO ... :bounce:

well then :wip: :wip:

JamesMK
01-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Oh dang - does that mean I need to practice those blasted battle techniques again? All I need is a map with a big red blip saying YOU ARE HERE, a compass, and some sort of auto-aim and auto-dodge thingy.... auto-die seems to be active by default though o_O...

DimitrisLiatsos
01-26-2005, 10:17 PM
That 's a Go then...tommorow night...it is!

TO BE ..OR NOT TO BE ? ..........FRAGGED ? :D :D :D

:bounce:

flyingP
01-26-2005, 10:21 PM
That 's a Go then...tommorow night...it is!

TO BE ..OR NOT TO BE ? ..........FRAGGED ? :D :D :D

:bounce:

Nahh leave it for the weekend I have time then.....well I am taking some time, and I seem to have put my back out today, so I am not at all on form right now :cry:

DimitrisLiatsos
01-26-2005, 10:36 PM
...chicken.....:D

ok ...then ...weekend

Squibbit
01-27-2005, 10:16 AM
grah...don't have wolfenstein...hmm.. u got DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball ?

flyingP
01-27-2005, 10:18 AM
DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball ?

DOA ?? :curious:

Squibbit
01-27-2005, 10:20 AM
google it ...dude... u must be the most bored individual on this planet... no matter
the day or thread u always reply to these posts within 20 seconds....hehe

flyingP
01-27-2005, 10:26 AM
google it ...dude... u must be the most bored individual on this planet... no matter
the day or thread u always reply to these posts within 20 seconds....hehe

:D not quite but I have this thread subcribed and my mail goes bing when something new comes in, I am however doomed to spend hours working in front of this blasted computer :banghead:

As to the DOA I suggest you google it, you'd be surprised :eek: by at least one definition though I doubt it would be such a 'lively' game :D

Squibbit
01-27-2005, 10:36 AM
yea...bing alert..that figures .. :) ... anywho yea this is what i meant ..

http://www.y100.7miami.com/jacor-common/pj/images/doa_beach_volleyball.jpg

i so bet Dimi has this one

JamesMK
01-27-2005, 10:48 AM
As to the DOA I suggest you google it, you'd be surprised :eek: by at least one definition though I doubt it would be such a 'lively' game :D
Mwaaahaaa! :D Just like using FTP while DUI, your files will end up MIA AFAIK, at least IMHO.

flyingP
01-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Mwaaahaaa! :D Just like using FTP while DUI, your files will end up MIA AFAIK, at least IMHO.

Excatly.......didn't understand a word of that wabbit

and you bought that one for the gameplay right Squibbit? :D

Squibbit
01-27-2005, 10:55 AM
ehrm...I didn't buy it... we ust happen to
have it here in work ...

flyingP
01-27-2005, 10:57 AM
ehrm...I didn't buy it... we ust happen to
have it here in work ...

sounds productive :)

DimitrisLiatsos
01-27-2005, 10:59 AM

hhhahahah... IMHO SFGG isn't IMH 'cuase i don't HAXBOX...my wife said she WKMIIBAXBOX :scream:

and it's a shame 'cuase DFGGOXBOX :scream:

Glossary :

SFGG = Such Freaking Good Game
IMH = In My House
HAXBOX = Have An XBOX:scream:
WKMIIBAXBOX = Would Kill Me If I Buy An XBOX:scream:
DFGGOXBOX = Darn Freaking Goo Game On XBOX

Such a nice cover on that game ..i played this game once in a freind's house ...didn't want to leave from his place :scream:

EDIT:....just reading again what i wrote ,....welll even without explanation ...this

WKMIIBAXBOX ..sounds scary ..lol

Squibbit
01-27-2005, 11:44 AM
i played this game once in a freind's house ...didn't want to leave from his place

see i was pretty close :)

sounds productive :)

hey it's just something we got for
those neverseen times when some of
us might have little or nothing to do...

flyingP
01-27-2005, 12:02 PM
my wife said she WKMIIBAXBOX :scream:

mine too :hmm:

Squibbit
01-27-2005, 12:13 PM
wha..umm..they broken or sumthin ?

Xtronik
01-27-2005, 12:26 PM
DHAOSJTD,TFATAFG&XBOX ??? SYRI2ASCWP4TVA! GS!!! :)

Xtronik
01-27-2005, 12:27 PM
DHAOSJTD,TFATAFG&XBOX ??? SYRI2ASCWP4TVA! GS!!! :)

Dont have any other serious job to do, than fooling around talking about freaking games and xbox? Supposed you re into a serious challenge waiting patiently for the voting announcements! Get serious ! :)

DimitrisLiatsos
01-27-2005, 01:22 PM
ahahhahahahahaha...well basically we do ....but but...but....er....let me found an excuse and i will get back to ya....:scream:

Hi Chris ...how are u man ?.....:)

DimitrisLiatsos
01-27-2005, 01:27 PM
mine too :hmm:

:scream: :scream: :scream: ...hahahahahah.....Now u see !...this is how u end up working on challenges so much.....ahahahahahhahah ...U simply stay away of WKMIIBAXBOX ...lol

flyingP
01-27-2005, 02:43 PM
ahahhahahahahaha...well basically we do ....but but...but....er....let me found an excuse and i will get back to ya....:scream:

I wish you luck with that one :)

adel3d
01-27-2005, 06:12 PM
You had Awesome work in this challeng!
So Wish you success...:)

Squibbit
01-27-2005, 06:20 PM
hahahahahaa.... this is so mean i know...

i wish u had an xbox

eduardo buitrago
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
hi.. very nice job...and... modeling, texturing.. all--...alll:thumbsup:
:bounce: i love your work...

DimitrisLiatsos
01-28-2005, 06:59 PM
@ Squibbit....nop man ...no XBOX...wife will kill me... :scream:

@ adel3d, eduardo buitrago ...hey thanks guys....good luck to all :bounce:

Ok....that's it ...it's Friday...

U2K4 ....Atari servers ...tonight ....11.30 -12...GMT+2 .....weeeeeeeeeeeee
FRAG TIME :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

flyingP
01-28-2005, 07:04 PM
@ Squibbit....nop man ...no XBOX...wife will kill me... :scream:

I believe that is what he was planning Dimitris :)

Squibbit
01-28-2005, 10:52 PM
:rolleyes: heeheeeheee

aLxDesigns
01-29-2005, 04:39 PM
YESSS Finally I got Unreal Tournament 2004 up and running!!

Dim are you ready to face a CS-CZ-CSS veteran???
yes I know that the gameplay is'nt the same...but my aim is a killer! :D

Setup a game and I shall be there!!

My nick there is ***Lone_Wolf*** (that includes the asterix...)

AgentPrometheus
01-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Excellent entry, I can definitely see this up there with the rest of 'em!!

Squibbit
02-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Ok, it's here , got UT, when are we gonna play ???

DimitrisLiatsos
02-09-2005, 11:17 AM
YUp...tonight :)

Squibbit
02-09-2005, 10:58 PM
u silly man , u no run away from battle !!

u say u go away for a moment then u go,
and come back in 1 minute, not tomorrow!!

oh, the shame :blush:

so full of bravado, little dimi ,yet so little to show :blush:

:blush:

DimitrisLiatsos
02-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Sorry my friend....work came in....i had to let u down for tonight :cry: :argh:

vampeta
02-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi!

Your Pic was & is still my favorite one.

Congratulations!

Hope to see u back in the next challenge ;)

Stay tuned ;)
Alex

wildekyote
02-14-2005, 02:13 PM
With the amount of incredible work you put into this image you deserve better than just an honorable mention. :shrug: Beautiful job!! My no. 1 choice all the way. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see more from you.

Squibbit
02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Congrats for the honorable meantion , crrazy Greek!!

cgkrusty
02-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Congrats man... awesome job!

ebrowning
02-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Congratulations! Fantastic CG.

kmest
02-14-2005, 06:38 PM
congrats dimi... :thumbsup:

Fahrija
02-14-2005, 08:32 PM
:thumbsup:

I´m sending congrats from cologne to athen now:

-O.K...pushed da button-

CONGRATULATION

DimitrisLiatsos
02-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Thank u guys , really apreciated ... :) ...hope to see u all again in a new one...

A3DLover
02-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Dimitri...,

You got robbed!
Tho some some of the work earned its place, you shoulda been up there with placers not just a mentionable.
What the last 2 challenges have taught me is without a moderate cg degree and about $10,000 in software and hardware, a hobbyist is just that in and among these ranks of of professionals.
Finishing the challenges is no longer a good enough reason for me to enter these contests without the education,tutoring,software and hardware for the task.
I gotta face it, getting good enough with the 'ware and gear I use is true sci-fi to think I'd ever make the mention list.

Congrats Dimitri you deserved better.

greentek
02-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Dimitri...,

You got robbed!

...Congrats Dimitri you deserved better.

I complitely agree..!
Your final image is great Dimitris..! Outstanding work..! :thumbsup:
All the best and cheers..! :beer:
Paul.

aLxDesigns
02-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Well...atleast you got something...a Mentioning!!!

If you dont get the thread thing award I would think they hate you or something...You got A kickass final and you got THE BIGGEST thread in the 3d section of the contest...so start thinking about how to assasinate some judges...HAHAHA ;)

sergioKomic
02-16-2005, 01:01 PM
:bounce: at last you got one of these!

http://www.cgnetworks.com/cgtalk/choiceaward/trophy_badge.jpg

tho IMHO you deserved at least a BOXX!

monsitj
02-16-2005, 01:16 PM
i'm glad to work along side with you from past 2 challenge ,and I recieve valuable comments from you to develop my work , hope to see you again in the next one!

Frenchy Pilou
02-17-2005, 01:22 AM
No so bad result! :cool:

Climax
02-17-2005, 03:40 AM
• Congratulations Bubble man! :beer: you should be very proud :thumbsup:! hope to see you more online

lukep
02-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Congrats.

Although you were placed a bit higher on my personal list, i would not have liked to be one of the judges, the top entries are all very good

JamesMK
02-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Just in for an official congrats, greek... You've already gotten the WSA, so I realise of course that the honorable mention sort of seems pale in comparison :D

DimitrisLiatsos
02-18-2005, 02:56 PM
http://web.telia.com/~u48039569/WSA.gif

:buttrock:

U mean this? ..Hell yeah....This is going to be printed on a summer tshirt.....hehehehh:bounce:

Few people on this planet have this honour to have this prize....:beer:

sergioKomic
02-18-2005, 05:03 PM
How many wabbits do I have to maim kill and run over to win one of these, again?

Saschi0815
02-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi dimi,

great to see u in the hall of award winners...:thumbsup: Heavy congrats goes ou to u, dude:scream: :thumbsup:

Great finish, great artwork, aahh u know that all.....

cya in the next challenge, until then the best to u, mate....and your wife.....:love: :D

gpepper
02-20-2005, 08:18 PM
U mean this? ..Hell yeah....This is going to be printed on a summer tshirt....

If you print it I want my copy !

;)

artemesia66
03-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Congrats on your great image. It was an education to follow your work. :thumbsup: :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.