PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop filters in DFX+ ???

nostromo_va
10-18-2004, 11:55 AM
I thought I heard (read) somewhere that you could somehow use PS filters/effects in DFX+.

I can't seem to find that reference, nor figure out how to do it.

[1] Am I smoking crack? Is this some sort of confusion on my part?

[2] If it is possible, can someone point me in the right direction (or to a tutorial)?

Thanks,

Mark

nostromo_va
10-18-2004, 12:01 PM
BTW: I tried to go to pigsfly.com and do a search, but got this message:

COMING SOON!

We're on our way back! All we're waiting for is BellSouth to move our T1 and the Pigsfly boards will be back online.

pigsfly.com

Kvaalen
10-19-2004, 05:28 PM
I know that you can use AE filters in DFX, and I know that you can use PS filters in AE. So I suppose you can use PS filters in DFX. If it's possible, I think it's by placing the filter files in the "AEPlugIns" directory under the program files DFX+ Directory.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

nostromo_va
10-20-2004, 01:31 AM
Kvaalen,

I think you are correct.
I put them in the AE Plugins Folder, and as I started DFX+ it appeared to be reading in all the Photoshop filters.

However, I cannot find a way to apply them.

How do you apply the After Effects plugins?

Thanks,

Mark

Kvaalen
10-20-2004, 06:13 PM
If I remember correctly it's the same way you insert a normal tool (from the tool menu / by right clicking in the flow area / ...) and there is a AE Plugins menu.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Wizdoc
11-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Nope, just tested it. Photoshop filters/effects (.8BF extension) don't work. They're not even recognized by DF. After Effects filters (.AEX extension) work fine, though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.