PDA

View Full Version : WIP Architecture

Bommel
10-18-2004, 07:20 AM
I'm still workin on a room. Here's what I have:

http://www.abakus-halle.de/wohnung.jpg

I want to give the pic a more photoreal touch. Can you give me some tips how to imrove the scene.

mfg

Phlip

DeViSoR
10-18-2004, 08:25 AM
think the picture has to much noise, and the lightning seems to cold to give it a natural feel.

btw got that desk my self :)

Triple G
10-18-2004, 08:32 AM
One thing that caught my eye right off the bat is that your reflections on the floor are way too bright. The reason for this is that unfortunately, LW always treats reflections as additive. You can use Hypersmooth (http://www.evasion3d.com/hs_intro.html), or render out a separate reflection pass and comp it in post.

threedeworks
10-18-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm still workin on a room. Here's what I have:

I want to give the pic a more photoreal touch. Can you give me some tips how to imrove the scene.

mfg

Phlip

hi phlip,

nice image, but my eye catches some points:

the graphics on the wall seem to be streched to fit the poly surface. try to scale/crop this textures in photoshop.

the floor tiles are too repetitive. try to break them up with a layered texture. for example you can overlay the same floor texture at a much bigger scale to break it up.

nice plant! the ceramics container for this has way too bright reflections which are not looking to come from this environment.

generally there seems to be a too 'rough' reflection on the floor, try to smooth it out by setting a higher sampling rate. the metal parts (legs) seem the only parts of furniture to be reflected.

ok, that's what i found out - hope it helps... nice atmosphere in this image anyway!

cheers

markus

Bommel
10-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Thx for all your help. Triple G - I'm rendering with FPrime, FPrime can't use after pixel plugins like corona or so. Does Hypersmooth really work in combination with FPrime?!?

mfg

Phlip

Triple G
10-19-2004, 07:56 PM
No...HS is a shader so unfortunately it doesn't work with FPrime. You could always use FPrime to set up your scene, then use HS and Lightwave's native renderer for your final.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.