PDA

View Full Version : A mobile UI design(Chinese style)

lightant
10-18-2004, 04:12 AM
This is only designed for the interview of NOKIA,but at last they didn't give offer because of the poor education background.

Explanation:

First is Call register:There is a Brush Pen and a Scroll paper.In ancientry,Chinese people always record something by this way.

Second is Messages:There is a Paper with message and a Flying Knife.In ancientry,Some person sends his message to another one anonymously by this way.

Third is Events Managers:In ancientry,a military counsellor awlays has a feather fan,which stands for his identity.His job is giving President advice and planning some great events(Wars)

Fourth is Phone book:It's easy to understand that book and pen can record the name and the contact.

Fifth is Settings:It's a old Compass.In China,people always say:"How to find the North".It means If someone can find the North(find the direction),he has got his target.If someone gets his target,it means getting an half success.This process is settings.We can also say the mobile phone gets its target,it works well.

Sixth is Multimedia:There is a Lute and a Tambourine.It means music,stands for Multimedia.

BTW: forgive my poor English.
msn: lightant@hotmail.com
web site: http://www.lightant.com (http://www.lightant.com/)

kongfu
10-18-2004, 07:57 AM
That`s very good.

dinodog-jr
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Cute Eastern-feel Interface!
Maybe u can try to post ur design to other Third party sw designer..Nokia will regret to not apply ur idea soon..haha..

Very unique icons..beautiful color scheme! Good details in everything..but...

minor critique:
The Event "feather fan" - quite like a bunch a yellow banana. it looks a little too "3D"..How bout White transparent ..Like Wong Fei hong dat type..dat's a classic.

Flying knife.. a bit like Rambo knife. Try the one wif Rounded-hole tied wif Red "ribbon" ...U knw the secret weapon tos hidden inside Sword warrior sleeves..

Y the Hu-Lu ( Bottle) is green. issit supposed to be Brownish or orange/yellowish? Maybe to make it outstanding huh?

Nth anymore.. all jst personal view.. Try to post ur design to somewhere else. I'm sure der will be someone will damn like ur superior creative ICONS!!... I LUV IT I GONNA TELL U ONE MORE TIME! CUTE icons~

berniebernie
10-18-2004, 11:28 AM
I get a bunch of red X's

Leo-liuchao
10-18-2004, 11:56 AM
your works is very good , please wait a few days . I hope I can help you to get the position .

lightant
10-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Cute Eastern-feel Interface!
Maybe u can try to post ur design to other Third party sw designer..Nokia will regret to not apply ur idea soon..haha..

Very unique icons..beautiful color scheme! Good details in everything..but...

minor critique:
The Event "feather fan" - quite like a bunch a yellow banana. it looks a little too "3D"..How bout White transparent ..Like Wong Fei hong dat type..dat's a classic.

Flying knife.. a bit like Rambo knife. Try the one wif Rounded-hole tied wif Red "ribbon" ...U knw the secret weapon tos hidden inside Sword warrior sleeves..

Y the Hu-Lu ( Bottle) is green. issit supposed to be Brownish or orange/yellowish? Maybe to make it outstanding huh?

Nth anymore.. all jst personal view.. Try to post ur design to somewhere else. I'm sure der will be someone will damn like ur superior creative ICONS!!... I LUV IT I GONNA TELL U ONE MORE TIME! CUTE icons~
Thank you for your kind words and the critique:)
I'll make some changes in a few days,
I'll finish those ICONs,

Thanks, Leo.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.