PDA

View Full Version : Super Shift Gone Wonky!

Signal2Noise
10-17-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm doing Dan's cell phone modeling tutorial in Chapter 11, Inside [8] out of modeling boredom.;)

The first many Super Shifts worked fine. But when doing SS on the 12 (around step 14, page 521 on) polys of the center oval piece the polys go shooting off into space. I have to do an Undo and try again but each time the same thing happens. I tried reloading the object but that didn't help. I also tried loading up the saved tutorial file from the DVD but the same thing happens. I played around with selection modes and the like but nothing seems to work.

Anyone come across this or know why it's doing this?

TIA.

Signal2Noise
10-18-2004, 03:52 AM
Okay, I found a way to avoid the problem. So far it seems to be working. Super Shift does what it's suppose to on these particular polys if Subpatch (TAB key) is off. Not sure why this is the case. Perhaps it has do with how the points and/or polys are laid out in this area.

Anyway, so far so good. Brain scratching has subsided now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.