PDA

View Full Version : What graphics tablet to use

vectro
10-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi I am willig to start painting with graphics tablet but I dont know which one of these tablets are the best becouse i dont have any experience with them and dont know what stats are most important. If you are using one of the then please tel me your opinion their advantages and dissadvantages. Here is the list of tablets I found in the store.

trust 12050 wireless tablet 100
trust 12050 wireless tablet 200
trust 12050 wireless tablet 400
Vacom volito A6

P.S I didn't know where to pot this thred so forgive me if i have posted it in the place where it shouldn't be posted.

Bars
10-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Whatever works better for you, but one advice:
Never trust in "Trust"! :)
"Volito" is low-end tablet too, better go straight for Intuos 2 A5 or Intuos 3. Im working on Aiptek 12000u A4 already 2 years and im happy with it, but it cant compare with Wacom. Good luck!

rebo
10-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Sorry for caps but its justified in this case

NEVER GET A TRUST, NEVER EVER EVER.

Save for a wacom.

Art2
10-17-2004, 04:44 PM
I use a graphire3 and happy with it :)

MatsM
10-17-2004, 11:07 PM
I just switched from a trust pad.. that I never really used to a Intous3 a4 size.. It's a bit big
so you could probably get away with a a5. It's DEAD ACURATE and I love it beyond anything allready :)

Now I just need to get more experience using it, pluss get better at drawing. Good luck on your choice

rebo
10-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Yea a5 is fine.

Jinbrown
10-18-2004, 04:21 AM
Whichever model and size you decide on, be sure to buy a Wacom tablet. They are by far the best tablets and Wacom is a great company.

nafa
10-18-2004, 11:42 AM
The Wacom Volito is only available in Europe and not in America/Asia. I have observed that there many Wacom users praising the Graphire and Intuos, but extremely rare posts on satisfaction with the Volito. Could this be due to European users keep their feelings to themselves, or they are just not that happy with the Volito?

nathanael
10-18-2004, 04:32 PM
The Wacom Volito is only available in Europe and not in America/Asia. I have observed that there many Wacom users praising the Graphire and Intuos, but extremely rare posts on satisfaction with the Volito. Could this be due to European users keep their feelings to themselves, or they are just not that happy with the Volito?

Could just be that most of us have never used a Volito?
I for one have never seen one for sale (not that I've ever looked for one mind you) and thought that it was a discontinued line.

I use a Graphire 3, and other than being small, it's a fantastic tablet.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.