PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, mac compatible??? other than apple products?

Sagii
10-17-2004, 07:34 AM
Ok I just bought at my local walmart a $73 dollar Microsoft Wirlesless Optical Desktop (I planned to use it with my powerbook MAC laptop).
The good thing is that I can return it since even though it says it is mac compatible the keyboard does not type what I want it to type, it is so random.

But then I remembered that I have bluetooth in my comptuer already so I would not have to have that little hub thing connected to my laptop (its just extra stuff to carry) the only problem is that I have not been able to find anywhere a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that is MAC compatible, it is all for PC,
There is of course the ones made by Apple itself, but they only have the one button mouse that I hate so I dont want to get that one.
any suggestions if you have a mac and a wireless keyboard and mouse, tell me what you use,
thanks

Edit
oh forgot:

Powerbook G4
2 Gig Ram,
80 gb memory
bluetooth (already comes in the computer)
hm, those are my system specifications in case that makes a differenace.
thanks,

alanmac
10-17-2004, 11:36 AM
I believe Logitech also do a bluetooth one as well as Microsoft having a Bluetooth model.

With regard to your Microsoft one, have you checked to see if it is set to the correct country, this may be why you are not getting the characters you expect.

all the best

Alan

chrisdude0000
10-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Logitech makes the apple hardware. I went under the system profiler and my apple mouse comes up as logitech stuff. I am guessing but I think I am right.

Sagii
10-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Ok I will check out Logitech again, I already returned the microsoft keyboard, because it did not do what I wanted. And I am in the USA, so I dont think it should be a language problem., its just weird,
. thanks a lot.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.