PDA

View Full Version : Single Processor MB

RogueLion
10-17-2004, 01:14 AM
I want to build a new computer for cg. The one that I'm working on now is a 533mhz celeron. What is a good choice for a single processor motherboard? Are pentium 4s a better choice than Atholon 64s?

t-man152
10-17-2004, 02:51 AM
all depends on your budget. the motherboard will decide what cpu (intel or amd, and 32 bit or 64 bit) and what type of video card (pci express, or agp)

so you would need to give the budget for the computer what type of video card you want or already have and such.

leas5040
10-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Pretty much anything you do from here on out will be better than your 533 celeron. *shudders* My 800mhz celeron is slow enough, but I can only imagine what you are going through.

dotTom
10-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Putting aside religion, the whole AMD / Intel thing is not half as important as having a well balanced overall system. Dual processor machines are lovely, I wouldn't use anything else, but if you're on a budget don't over spend on any one component.
A uni-processor box, 2GB of RAM, a reasonable 5th generation nVidia "gaming" GPU and two hard drives will see you a long way. At least until you start generating cashflow from your CG and can buy better kit.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.