PDA

View Full Version : crt display

DuttyFoot
10-16-2004, 09:10 PM
i have two 19inch monitors that take up a lot of desk space. I know that with crt
monitors you get better true color quality. are the flat panel monitors up to that
as yet. can someone give me some advice on what brands are really good and what
i should look for when investing in flat panel monitors

dotTom
10-16-2004, 09:21 PM
I have two EIZO flat panels and the colour reproduction on them rocks. I'd never go back to CRT, esp since I spend 9+ hours a day coding and whatever I can that's left in Maya. For the sake of your eyes get panels and a graphics card with dual DVI (believe me, you can tell the difference between a DVI attached panel and one on a analog connection).

DuttyFoot
10-17-2004, 04:58 AM
thanks for the reply i will definately check it out. eizo what company is that.

dotTom
10-17-2004, 06:09 AM
thanks for the reply i will definately check it out. eizo what company is that.Here you go:

http://www.eizo.com/ (http://www.eizo.com/)

I should point out that Eizo are by no means the cheapest option and you should defiinately try and find a dealer showroom where you can sit down in front of various vendors panels and see what you prefer. This is particularly true if you're going to be working in DCC (rather than just reading text off of a display or playing games). I wouldn't base your decision soley on printed reviews.

Spacelord
10-22-2004, 07:17 AM
I have two EIZO flat panels and the colour reproduction on them rocks. I'd never go back to CRT, esp since I spend 9+ hours a day coding and whatever I can that's left in Maya. For the sake of your eyes get panels and a graphics card with dual DVI (believe me, you can tell the difference between a DVI attached panel and one on a analog connection).
I'm checking out the EIZO panels as well, just wondering which one you are using ?
I'm thinking of getting the L768 its a 19inch screen.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.